• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Otter

Gotta say, I put roughly 20 hours into the 360 version, and after abandoning it for the PC version (I need that 60fps), I gotta say this game is gorgeous on PC. Especially with HBAO+. I can't find a reinforced club though, I forgot where I found it in my last playthrough.

That is the second time you have said that, and people blasted you for doing it then and rightfully so.

Why do you keep saying that?

Have you tried updating Windows Media Player?

Have you tried forcing the scaling to GPU rather than display through drivers?

Hey Grief, I did not however I just tried, Windows Media Player is fully updated,I chose GPU for scaling and no luck man.

I'm angry that a product doesn't work that I paid for, however what astounds me...its the only game giving me grief.

I got nothing running that will conflict as said a few pages back, I try to keep my pc tidy it is why everything works smoothly...until DS2.

Any other tips man? Thanks again for the help.

luiztfc

Guys,

I just started the game. After Majula I went to Heide's Run and got to the Dragonraider. The mofo is giving me a beating, but I managed to get him at 1/4 health last time. Is this the right place to go? Or should I've gone to another place?

Tip number 2: Do not bring a torch to the start area of this area. Kill that idiot with the torch. Otherwise you're gunna end up fighting a ton of guys that are normally friendly. Oh and you miss out on a ton of lore and a merchant and NPC summon.

I have no intentions of doing such a thing, lol. If I could sneak around and hide in the shadows, I would. I'm scared shitless as to what is around the corner ;)

Heres another tip: If you see one of the hollow guys run towards the bell. Drop w/e you're doing and kill him. Those assholes love to ring the bell. Their whole existence is simply to ring that bell.

Mkilbride

Banned
Have you tried restarting? I had the method in that article not work for me a few times. Make sure the X360CE reads all your inputs before booting the game.

Yes, I've restarted a dozen times.

DS3Wrapper works in all games.(Except DS2)

DS4Tool does not work at all.

Man I suck right now.

I'll say as great as the port is and how beautifully it runs, it's not clicking yet, when compared to the other games. It may just take some more time. Need more time to play it which I don't have right now.

Havel

Did I just try to push it too much, it's capping at 30fps when I use GeDoSaTo and basically pushed everything to it's highest values at 3840x2160 downsampled to 2560x1440?

After playing on consoles, 60fps is sooo jarring...I love it :)

I would only switch to 3840x2160 when you want to take a screenshot. Keep it at 2560x1400 for the 60fps.

Coldsun

Banned
The port overall seems to be fantastic.
Visually I am more than pleased.

Still unsure why they insist on jumping being set to the LS being pushed down while running (XBox360 controller).

My only complaint is the forced aspect ratio totally borking up multidisplays (5760x1200). Fortunately it seems like it'll be an easy fix that I'll dive into tonight or tomorrow while my little one takes a nap.

The port overall seems to be fantastic.
Visually I am more than pleased.

Still unsure why they insist on jumping being set to the LS being pushed down while running (XBox360 controller).

My only complaint is the forced aspect ratio totally borking up multidisplays (5760x1200). Fortunately it seems like it'll be an easy fix that I'll dive into tonight or tomorrow while my little one takes a nap.
You can change the jumping button to a B/O whatever...

Tip 3: lucatiel is your waifu. Lucatiel is love. Lucatiel is life. Be good to her, and protect her at all costs. Do her questline. People miss out on her quest, but, she's such a fascinating character.

Ill Saint

Tip number 2:
Do not bring a torch to the start area of this area. Kill that idiot with the torch. Otherwise you're gunna end up fighting a ton of guys that are normally friendly. Oh and you miss out on a ton of lore and a merchant and NPC summon.

Heres another tip: If you see one of the hollow guys run towards the bell. Drop w/e you're doing and kill him. Those assholes love to ring the bell. Their whole existence is simply to ring that bell.

Stop it, let people figure this stuff out on their own. If you insist, then at least spoiler. Your first 'tip' here is even self-evident and unnecessary.

Guys,

I just started the game. After Majula I went to Heide's Run and got to the Dragonraider. The mofo is giving me a beating, but I managed to get him at 1/4 health last time. Is this the right place to go? Or should I've gone to another place?

You're good. There isn't really much "I shouldn't be here yet" stuff in this game. Explore to your heart's content.

Played 30-45 mins now.

Played some of the starting zone and got to the camp.

Spoke to the lady and she the game said that i can power up on some stone... what stone? you don't level up on bonfires anymore?

Teknoman

You jump by pressing LS/L3. Or you can change it back to old school. Personally I like the new way.

Also does GAF have a patron god here? On that note, who is (very VERY early game spoiler)
Victor
/ whats that covenant about?

So much blood everywhere, especially near that one guy with the sword. The one who you really shouldnt be attacking lol.

Stop it, let people figure this stuff out on their own. If you insist, then at least spoiler. Your first 'tip' here is even self-evident and unnecessary.

This is why I never bother to help anyone. Even discussing the game gets people so worked up. It's a tip, theres nothing spoilery about it. A simple tip to help people. It's friendly advice to make a pain in the ass area not so pain in the ass.

yeah the 4K resolution is PS3 mode for me. Feels like the PS3 version on my 670.

1440p feels like 60 but i'm not sure. This game is beautiful with that framerate and image quality. I thought it was appropriate to create a beautiful character!

I'm really glad I haven't had any trouble with the game running or with the supersampling tool, or even with using my dual shock 4. I just loaded up the input wrapper like i do for every other game.

Went with a female faith/dex character. Going to be hard to go back to the PS3.

Ive been practicing parrying a lot more with this character.
screenshots:
fxoNlcA.jpg

d1x8qdm.jpg

Please please please someone tell me how to reverse the bumpers/triggers on the 360 controller. This game is unplayable as it is for me. I can't stand these controls. Never imagined this to be a problem in this day and age.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Tip number 2:
Do not bring a torch to the start area of this area. Kill that idiot with the torch. Otherwise you're gunna end up fighting a ton of guys that are normally friendly. Oh and you miss out on a ton of lore and a merchant and NPC summon.

Heres another tip:
If you see one of the hollow guys run towards the bell. Drop w/e you're doing and kill him. Those assholes love to ring the bell. Their whole existence is simply to ring that bell

Has anyone asked you? No? Then stop ruining it for those discovering the game for the first time. At least have the decency to spoiler tag this. Come on.

Man, the stun locks are insane. Accidentally hitting a wall sometimes incapacitates me for a few seconds as well. I actually ended up dying at one bonfire because hitting it stunned me and left me at the mercy of a combo.

At least I finally leveled up enough so my Explorer can dual-wield her daggers. No more crappy 75% damage reduction shields for me.

I managed to parry an enemy several times, but he only fell backwards so I couldn't riposte him.

Has anyone asked you? No? Then stop ruining it for those discovering the game for the first time. At least have the decency to spoiler tag this. Come on.

How am I ruining the game? holy shit you people are so dramatic. Even the slightest thing ruins the game for everyone apparently. I thought I was doing people a favor, but, I forget DS players are so hardcore any advice on anything "ruins the game". I just tried to do everyone a solid.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This is why I never bother to help anyone. Even discussing the game gets people so worked up. It's a tip, theres nothing spoilery about it. A simple tip to help people. It's friendly advice to make a pain in the ass area not so pain in the ass.
No, it's not. Part of the fun of the game is to figure out these things for yourself and overcoming the challenges these "pains in the ass" bring. I'm a little baffled that you don't get that.

Teknoman

How am I ruining the game? holy shit you people are so dramatic. Even the slightest thing ruins the game for everyone apparently.

Well on a good note, now I really want to ring whatever i come across lol.

Oh and tutorial area spoilers
the coffin changes your gender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom