• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didn't do well at all, I got rekt again and again. :p

I blame my old DeS habits. I played that for so long that it's etched in my muscle memory, and I still end up attempting many of those combos, and also expecting the same kind of phantom range and hitboxes and stuff.

I guess I just need more practice, yeah.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Forgot to say thank you to the hosts and GGs and stuff. Sorry for bailing without a word, I was starting to doze off, then was super hungry, then decided to go invade and forgot. >.>

I was goofing around with the bow and it took me much further than expected lol.

My favourite duels in Dark Souls 1 were with my bow user, lol... that said I've had no luck in DS3 PvP with the bow.

Soulhouf

GG everyone. I didn't do well at all but at least I had fun and I was able to try different weapons.
Taking a lot of damage and not doing enough didn't help, I didn't know the level difference would make such huge difference.
Thanks everyone, I will participate again for sure.

neoism

Takes forever to find people in the wolf covenant, found one guy dual macing and beating people.

Also, whats going on in here?

they definitely did something with the patch I NEVER got summoned for it got two toady in like an hour of play im at 161 ng+ soo hopefully I can slowly get the grass i need... I thought you had to be in the forests/woods but I was at the Lake and the Graves when I got summoned.

poodpick

Ran into an interesting gank just now. Apparently NPC summons are immortal and don't need to heal against invaders. This guy had 3 NPC summons in
Irithyll
and was using every meta weapon right now including the annoying washing pole poke. Managed to beat him with 0 flasks after a second invader came to my rescue. Fuck you Saber!

neoism

Watchdogs of Farren summons are so few and far between, but Im constantly summoned as AldRitch Faithful. I guess I'll farm wolf grass off gruus with my Aldrich covenant on and work on both.

Don't seem to get summoned as a Darkmoon either, which is odd because I always seem to get help when I equip way of the blue.

yeah same but if you gonna farm them a Sorcery build is really fast, you can kill those three right at the ruins BF in Farron within 10 seconds... its a terrible drop rate though at 1.8% or something like that.

joe2187

Banned
Well I think Im pretty much cursed when it comes to the souls games.

Everytime I think I can 100% a souls game. The games straight up cock blocks me on the achievement/trophy.

In DS1 it was all the weapons achievements that was borked for me on Xbox. I had all the weapons and twice over. Still never popped.

In Bloodborne it was the same thing, all the hunter weapons again. I have them all twice once more again. No trophy.

And now DS3. I have all the Pyromancies and rings...but....no trophies.

26-collapse.png

Everytime I think I can 100% a souls game. The games straight up cock blocks me on the achievement/trophy.

In DS1 it was all the weapons achievements that was borked for me on Xbox. I had all the weapons and twice over. Still never popped.

In Bloodborne it was the same thing, all the hunter weapons again. I have them all twice once more again. No trophy.

26-collapse.png

Are you sure you have em all? Did you check the guide to make sure? What are you on?

errrr...so my game is mega glitched. Since we can hold 600 arrows in our inventory now i decided to go and max out all arrows. I never bothered to free
Greirat
because I didn't need anything from him. I decided to free him and thought I already had their quest item
Loretta's Bone
turns out I don't I went to where it's supposed to be and it's not there. Do you have to finish that in a given timeframe or did my game just glitch?

Sad I miss the GAF fight club this weekend. I had to do RL things. But if there is another one coming up, post and I should see it..

edit: BTW if anyone need all the rings on PC or PS4, just send me a PM.

Amirnol

Beating Dancer as soon as possible is a really great way to shake up the flow of the game. I played a new character recently and was able to get so many goodies from Lothric Castle early, was running around with a +9 Great Axe and destroying everything in my path. Very satisfying!

2AdEPT

SL1 Run Done!

Think Im gonna try this luck build Ive heard so much about.

Make sure to do the sigils first and kill orbeck before ANri otherwise you wont get max hollow for the luck bonus nor the morion blade (if you want it, but not sure why anyone wouldn't want it at least as an option)

Beating Dancer as soon as possible is a really great way to shake up the flow of the game. I played a new character recently and was able to get so many goodies from Lothric Castle early, was running around with a +9 Great Axe and destroying everything in my path. Very satisfying!

Breaking sequence and fighting high level stuff early is one of the most important formula things FROM allows me to do that draws me in. Was hooked immediately in DEmon's when I figured out how to
cheese king dorian early for his armour and the demonbrand
. Then there was Dark with the master key stuff and going backward through
Blighttown
etc. and then they also gave you catacombs and TOmb of the giants if dared try it early right at firelink...still haven't beat DS1 for total number of sequence breaking options..and still one of the reasons it is still the best iteration and has not been beaten as far as layout. DS2 was awesome as you could drop down the
hole
early and even do a vanquisher seal run early. Of course the dancer skip is available...but its a little too obvious and not very secret though...they should have had a secret door hidden in the lift near siegward or in the tower with the cloranthy ring...the cage guy thing was a wasted opportunity for it as well.....shoulda been a much better reward for finding the cage thing.....oh well.

RiggyRob

Found the lonely guy in a cell while exploring the High Wall of Lothric a bit more: https://wwJWgjO-cXAmA&list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&index=5

I'm seeing a trend where
the common undead are afflicted with a parasite that bursts out of them, which is why so many of them are huddled on the floor holding their heads or praying to the others spiked on the 'trees'.

What I haven't figured out is where the bell ringing guys come into it - you'd think the bell would cause the parasite to burst out, but both times it happened there wasn't a bell ringer in the vicinity. The larger undead with weapons and the soldiers don't seem to be affected, which begs the question of how did the parasite spread to Iudex Gundyr (or vice versa), but maybe we'll find that out later.

Also kept fucking getting caught by the wide long-handled axe attacks again, getting a bit sick of it now!

Arjen

Lol, some invaders, got invaded right before Pontiff, you think people would be glad to get a 1v1, but then they chuck. Dude.. I got twice as many heals as you. Managed to clear the entire area plus the invader.

*You got summoned as a Darkmoon*

*Poor red dies or decides to get the fuck out of that gank fest*

*Duty Fulfilled pops at the screen*

*No reward whatsoever*

LJgZQFK.gif

Tarkus

I've had the Dorkmoon Covenant equipped for 70 hours at SL120. So far, I've been summoned 5 times. Summoning failed twice, Duty Fulfilled as I spawn twice, and once where I actually got to fight an invader. I chased him into a giant crab gank at crucifixion woods. I got destroyed in a flash. It was so exciting and new that I didn't realize that enemies can attack blues. Not a bit of Proof to show for it.

Sounds like my extremely rare experiences when I got summon as a Darkmoon...
Prob ~5-6 Darkmoon summon at max :(

I've had the Dorkmoon Covenant equipped for 70 hours at SL120. So far, I've been summoned 5 times. Summoning failed twice, Duty Fulfilled as I spawn twice, and once where I actually got to fight an invader. I chased him into a giant crab gank at crucifixion woods. I got destroyed in a flash. It was so exciting and new that I didn't realize that enemies can attack blues. Not a bit of Proof to show for it.

Funny after posting that, got summoned 2 times netting 5 proof. lol

Nazo

I need some advice, I've been eyeing the eastern iron shield, is it any good? I've been planning it on using it on a ninja build that focuses on rolling but I wan't it for the fashion and the odd time I need to block something.

Ferr986

Invaders attacking other invaders midfight where the host is losing is some surreal shit, but thanks I guess lol

Also, invaders that goes into hiding like 15 mins, then pop in quickly when more invaders come. That's some patience for sure.

Funny after posting that, got summoned 2 times netting 5 proof. lol

This morning I got summoned as a Darkmoon after almost 2 months. Then got quicked out before even moving because the invader got rekt or something.

I am playing the Cathedral level. I just lost over 25k souls needed to buy to progress a questline
Seigward's armor and to level up later
and I'm still crying.

I decided to try placing a coop sign where I was to see if I get picked up by anybody exploring because I desperately need the souls.

This guy summons me into his world. Points me to the lift and I assume
"Oh, he either needs help with the giant or he just wants to go that way back to the main area away from Rosaria"

Mad Phantom with Force.

I turn around, tell this host, "Nope." then Black Crystaled out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If you do a running jump off a ledge and queue up a buff, then switch weapons before the roll completes, you can buff any weapon.

It's being called tumble buffing. There could be a lot more you can do with the current queued action system, people are only just now exploring the potential.

Namikaze1

Man, I'm getting summon left and right from folks in NG+ (I'm still in NG). Making my farming of Sunlight Medals so much easier. Went from just 2 to 16 in roughly 70 minutes. Usually waiting roughly 2 to 4 minutes between summons. After that, I just need to farm Verterbrea Shackles. Never farming for Proofs ever again.

Arjen

If you do a running jump off a ledge and queue up a buff, then switch weapons before the roll completes, you can buff any weapon.

It's being called tumble buffing. There could be a lot more you can do with the current queued action system, people are only just now exploring the potential.

If you sprint while holding block and then stop while holding block you can queue up a sprinting r1. Really throws people off

gaugebozo

26-collapse.png

Try moving them all to your storage. Worked for me. I didn't even have to move them back.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
*You got summoned as a Darkmoon*

*Poor red dies or decides to get the fuck out of that gank fest*

*Duty Fulfilled pops at the screen*

*No reward whatsoever*

LJgZQFK.gif
Mwahahahaha DENIED

As a red invader I take more pleasure in killing blue sentinels, or killing the host before the blue sentinel reaches them, than I do just killing a lone host. Or even if I die, and see "blue sentinel summoned through concord!" right immediately after, knowing they get nothing.

TAKE THAT PROOF FARMERS

Mwahahahaha DENIED

As a red invader I take more pleasure in killing blue sentinels, or killing the host before the blue sentinel reaches them, than I do just killing a lone host. Or even if I die, and see "blue sentinel summoned through concord!" right immediately after, knowing they get nothing.

TAKE THAT PROOF FARMERS

You are an evil, evil person. How could you be so heartless! ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR EAR!

Yesterday I got summoned as a bluebro, and the game completely glitched. So you know the ring that
obscures you if you're far away, yeh, it glitched hard and the guy was 100% invisible even when right in front of me. Only reason I knew where he was, was because a) lock-on and b) he had a yellow thing on his chest from a spell or something.
I killed two invaders, but the third one got me :(.

Ferr986

I got summoned as a Darkmoon again and got my first non farmed ear in almost 200 hours! What kind of sorcery is happening today?

After 22 hours I am done with Covenants farming. Jesus that took way too long. Shackles were the worst IMO even if they took less time than Ears.

Soul of Cider died like a bitch in NG+. Used only 4 flasks.

Dancer died like a bitch in NG++. Used only 4 flasks.

FUGS +5 is a monster weapon. Fast, uses so little stamina and staggers mofos all around.

Hopefully I need ~4 more hours to get Platinum. 3 of them will be fighting Nameless King++, ehh...

SDR-UK

After 22 hours I am done with Covenants farming. Jesus that took way too long. Shackles were the worst IMO even if they took less time than Ears.

Soul of Cider died like a bitch in NG+. Used only 4 flasks.

Dancer died like a bitch in NG++. Used only 4 flasks.

FUGS +5 is a monster weapon. Fast, uses so little stamina and staggers mofos all around.

Hopefully I need ~4 more hours to get Platinum. 3 of them will be fighting Nameless King++, ehh...

Here's to a preemptive welcome to the platinum club! Congratulations on enduring stupid grinds for less than stellar rewards. You've (almost) conquered the real challenge of Dark Souls - the time commitment.

NO EAR FOR YOU

Do you get an ear for each invader you kill, or only if you kill everyone?

Jokes on you, I don't need em anymore :p.

And you get one for every invader you kill. Yesterday the host was getting 2 reds at a time before Pontiff so he probably used the fingers(which is odd because he had no summons with him).

GulAtiCa

I had 12 Proofs left to get before I started today. 1 hour later I got only 4 left that I need!

Got 8 in 1 hour. Wow. 5 from the Knights and 3 from summons. 3 were like in a row. Got summoned 3 times too. 1st time was caught off guard, but did better next 2 times.

Top Bottom