• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Opened an Illusionary wall, very long ladder down to a dank pit with some loot. I get pumped to acquire some shinies.

animation1dfg2zq7ggauxz.gif

Then I see
TWO of those Old Watchdog that ambushed me on the bridge to Boreal Valley.

YBdAZA8.gif

Nope'd the hell out of there, will come back after I am beefier.

I DID IT! I fucking defeated the stupid bitch!!! Oh my fucking God!
I got the gif for you:

giphy.gif

Anyone on ps4 experience a weird feeling when rotating the camera? It feels like it's jittery or something and kind of hurts my eyes. Never had an issue with anything like this before.

Frame pacing issues likely. From Software just can't seem to fix it or just hasn't bothered trying. It bugged me in Bloodborne and it's hurting me here, too.

Dalek

My 8 year old daughter saw me playing a little of this today and she was really fascinated by the game, especially the social aspects of leaving messages.

Later we went out for a walk in our neighborhood and she saw these numbers on the sidewalk and said that someone left this as a message for us.

Hypron

Opened an Illusionary wall, very long ladder down to a dank pit with some loot. I get pumped to acquire some shinies.

animation1dfg2zq7ggauxz.gif

Then I see
TWO of those Old Watchdog that ambushed me on the bridge to Boreal Valley.

YBdAZA8.gif

Nope'd the hell out of there, will come back after I am beefier.

I did exactly the same thing. Probably my biggest NOPE moment of the entire game.

Deadstar

Frame pacing issues likely. From Software just can't seem to fix it or just hasn't bothered trying. It bugged me in Bloodborne and it's hurting me here, too.

I hope I can get used to it. I have read about frame pacing on here before but never knew what it was. Now I get it. I'd rather have a low framerate than this stuff. I didn't notice it in Bloodborne. Is this an issue on pc too?

I'm having a little bit of a challenge coming from Bloodborne and being used to holding all those blood vials and now only 3 estus. I am enjoying this game though.

My 8 year old daughter saw me playing a little of this today and she was really fascinated by the game, especially the social aspects of leaving messages.

Later we went out for a walk in our neighborhood and she saw these numbers on the sidewalk and said that someone left this as a message for us.

"You're in the know, right?"

zkylon

zkylewd
super stuck in cathedral of the deep after defeating
the deacons

been walking around the place for like 40 minutes and can't find anything that's not just killing the
giants
, but i feel like that shouldn't be necessary?

a small hint or something would be nicee

Dahbomb

I'm having a little bit of a challenge coming from Bloodborne and being used to holding all those blood vials and now only 3 estus. I am enjoying this game though.
When you get to the Blacksmith, you can allocate your estus to have 5 life gain ones and 0 mana gain ones. Then after a while you start getting more Estuses to carry if you find the upgrades in the wild. You will be up to 9+ in no time.

zkylon

zkylewd

thats pretty awesome

you quickly get a bunch more flasks

When you get to the Blacksmith, you can allocate your estus to have 5 life gain ones and 0 mana gain ones. Then after a while you start getting more Estuses to carry if you find the upgrades in the wild. You will be up to 9+ in no time.

I'll have to go back and check. I thought I was only able to allocate estus to 4 at the blacksmith but I could be wrong. That's good to know that I can upgrade to more in the future. I'm at the second boss right now.

Jobbs

Banned

agghh adorable!

I have an 8 year old niece who was watching me play the game the other day. She loves dragons and was fascinated by all the dead ones in the first area.

I am really stuck on this fight because I can't get to him efficiently during the second phase. I don't understand why.

A pretty big help is never dodge backward. Stay a bit more than sword length away and try to make your way towards his back. Eventually something will miss cleanly and you can get a hit or two in.
Maria
wasn't so much a test of patience but this is Dark Souls so same principles all the other fights apply.

The biggest gripe I have with this game is that the level up lady isn't voiced by the same actress as Maiden in Black/Doll

Everything else is greatest hits of Souls and then you have this impostor over here

Ferrio

Banned
Some reason I can't cast magic weapon. I have the stats for both the catalyst and the spell but my guy does this animation and nothing happens. What stupid thing am I missing?

So I'm at the Road of Sacrifices area.

Is there a good Faith-attribute weapon somewhere? I'm looking for one. Haven't found any. I mean anywhere, any area preceding the spot I put on above.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
ITS OVER. 21 hours, level 89.

Iudex Gundyr
- 0 deaths
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- 1 death
Curse-rotted Greatwood
- 5 deaths
Crystal Sages
- 1 death
Deacons of the Deep
- 0 deaths
Abyss Watchers
- 4 deaths
High Lord Wolnir
- 2 deaths
Pontiff Sulyvahn
- 6 deaths
Aldrich the Devourer of Gods
- 5 deaths
Dancer of the Frigid Valley
- 2 deaths
Yhorm the Giant
- 1 death
Dragonslayer Armor
- 0 deaths
Lothric and Lorian
- 4 deaths
Occeiros the Consumed King
- 0 deaths
Champion Gundyr
- 5 deaths
Ancient Wyvern
- 1 death
Nameless King
- 7 deaths
Old Demon King
- 0 deaths
FINAL BOSS
Soul of Cinder
- 6 deaths

I don't think i missed any bosses. Now to explore everything before going to NG+

UberLevi

Just reached
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
and all I can say is wow. Gorgeous view ahead indeed. Completely blown away.

The biggest gripe I have with this game is that the level up lady isn't voiced by the same actress as Maiden in Black/Doll

Everything else is greatest hits of Souls and then you have this impostor over here

i was happy to hear a different voice. better to have more unique chatacters.

UberLevi

Got invaded by a dark spirit while fighting the
alligator monster
on the bridge for the first time... Jesus Christ, what a mess.

ElFly

Man, I am just not feeling this like I was Bloodborne. Something just feels "off" compared to Bloodborne combat. Feels less buttery if that makes sense. And the parry system I straight up just do not get.

I am ok with the combat but I want this cathedral to end and the game to throw something more dark-souls-y at me

all this villa is daylight-bloodborne

I need me my high fantasy

Ellite25

shouldn't matter.
It's kind of a gimmick fight, he takes huge chunks of damage as you destroy the pustules. I easily killed it with a +2 lothric knight sword. I got summoned for it a lot and I did notice it's one of those bosses that is actually harder with summons, way more hp.
Where can I get that sword?

Also, I can't summon people yet, what's up with that?

pa22word

It's honestly shocking to me that people have issues with
abyss watchers
(I can't believe I have to spoiler tag something that is literally "spoiled" in the opening cutscene to the damned game, but w/e). Just roll and attack. Seriously, the dudes health bar is so small that you can beat him in less than three minutes with hit and run tactics. Not to mention you can backstab him for massive damage on a ton of his leaping moves make him honestly one the easiest fights in the game. On both of my runs I beat him first try, this time I beat him without using an estus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom