• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Okay one last question.
I want to start to use the dark sword. I have a high dex build. Because of that should I go with a refined 10 upgrade path since it gives me a B?

You could, but there are better weapons for a DEX build than the Dark Sword. It's great for a STR build (I got mine early in the game and infused it with Heavy, and it's been my main weapon for the 70+ hours since), but for DEX not so much. The Carthus Curved Sword is great for DEX, IIRC.

pupcoffee

Hey guys.

So, I really liked Bloodborne. It's one of my favorite games ever. I tried to play Dark Souls II afterwards and could not get into it. It was just too slow for me. I kind of avoided Dark Souls III as a result but my friend said DSIII is the closest to Bloodborne in the series.

So, I am sure this has been beaten to death in this thread, but would DSIII would be recommended to someone who loved Bloodborne but couldn't get used to the speed to the Souls titles?

Just make sure you don't opt out of the shield in hope of making the game "more like Bloodborne." Block as many attacks as you can, Souls is all about that. The shield is as important as your weapon.

I was thinking the same thing in the begining, but after a while, it wasnt as bad, at least for me. I spawned at the Farron Keep Perimiter bonfire, killed the 3 guys down the stairs and then all the guys outside of
Abyss Watchers
(except the dark skeleton-type of enemies). My item drop rate was about 400 (not sure if that matters much for covenant item drops, but still). Thing is that here you got 12 enemies in one run, while Proof of Concord got 3. I think i did 25 Wolf Swordgrass items in about 2-3 hours or so.

As an aside, you can also kill those dark wraiths (the dark skeletons) for pale tongues, if you're need those too.

If you walk out of the farron keep bonfire in such a way that the dark wraiths start walking up the path, they'll also take care of about half the gru enemies for you while you circle round, getting the ones on the side.

Hey guys.

So, I really liked Bloodborne. It's one of my favorite games ever. I tried to play Dark Souls II afterwards and could not get into it. It was just too slow for me. I kind of avoided Dark Souls III as a result but my friend said DSIII is the closest to Bloodborne in the series.

So, I am sure this has been beaten to death in this thread, but would DSIII would be recommended to someone who loved Bloodborne but couldn't get used to the speed to the Souls titles?

I loved bloodborne, couldn't stand Dark Souls 2 ps4 vers, but then felt right at home with DSIII.

Your friend is quite right, it's way closer to bloodborne than 2 was.

vocab

Hey guys.

Dark Souls 2 is very slow and deliberate. Dark souls 3 is much faster by quite a lot.

You could, but there are better weapons for a DEX build than the Dark Sword. It's great for a STR build (I got mine early in the game and infused it with Heavy, and it's been my main weapon for the 70+ hours since), but for DEX not so much. The Carthus Curved Sword is great for DEX, IIRC.

Okay great thanks Joey

test_account

XP-39C²
Can you heal the
Dark Sigil after beating the last boss, and if you've summoned Yuria to help you? I'm just missing one ending from getting the platinum, and i've already completed the hollow one. But i want Yuria's set too.

Manu

Can you heal the
Dark Sigil after beating the last boss, and if you've summoned Yuria to help you? I'm just missing one ending from getting the platinum, and i've already completed the hollow one. But i want Yuria's set too.

Yes. Just pick up her set after the battle and then heal the dark sigil.

Lucc

Give him a break, he's not a pro or anything. He just enjoys the games, same as everyone else. I find he's got pretty good instincts considering he's playing blind. He's missed a lot of stuff, but that's to be expected, as he's trying not to hang around areas too long and bore the viewers. I don't watch ENB for his skills at the game anyway- I watch for his perspective on the lore, and relationships to the previous games.

I'm watching it for the lore and his reactions, too. But the gameplay is cringe worthy bad imo. For example how he runs through the lower part of Irithyll Dungeon about 6 times and misses one of the 4 gates down there. The one with 2 shinies in it. Seems he has also missed the Alva set next to the pot.. or finding side areas, deciding to do something else and completely forgetting about them.

He is so sloppy with his exploration. Didn't expect that from a Souls veteran.

I guess I'm expecting too much.

LiK

Yes. Just pick up her set after the battle and then heal the dark sigil.

where do we get her set?
i summoned her but she never survived the final boss fight in NG++. i eventually summoned other players.
Did that ruin my chance to get the set?

You can pull the left one with a bow pretty easily. Just don't stand below it since it will damage you with his disgusting open rib cage. Pierce works wonders, so ready your Bestoc!

I got one with a couple of cat-ring guarded ladder drops. Right on the nose. Turns out pyromancy works wonder as you don't have to get too close. Those human dreges looks easy if I don't have to kill the host myself.

test_account

XP-39C²
where do we get her set?
i summoned her but she never survived the final boss fight in NG++. i eventually summoned other players.
Did that ruin my chance to get the set?
Shold be in Firelink Shrine at her normal place.
If she is still standing there, you missed out, although i think you can kill her too and get the the set.

LiK

Shold be in Firelink Shrine at her normal place.
If she is still standing there, you missed out, although i think you can kill her too and get the the set.

nah, she's still there after final boss. i killed her in NG before going into NG+ when i didn't do the questline and she only dropped something else. I forget what it was. I guess i'll just kill her and see if the set drops this time.

Ferr986

nah, she's still there after final boss. i killed her in NG before going into NG+ when i didn't do the questline and she only dropped something else. I forget what it was. I guess i'll just kill her and see if the set drops this time.

when you kill her you get her ashes. You can give them to the handmaid to buy the set and whatever Yuria sells.

LiK

when you kill her you get her ashes. You can give them to the handmaid to buy the set and whatever Yuria sells.

i don't recall getting any ashes last time. will see if i get it this time. i love her set. wanted to use it to help people with bosses lol

Ferr986

i don't recall getting any ashes last time. will see if i get it this time. i love her set. wanted to use it to help people with bosses lol

That's weird. They should be on the floor. It's a 100% drop (trust me, I always kill that bitch lol)

Finally finished the game. Not gonna move to NG+ just yet. Wanna run around and like having the map open to me and help others on jolly cooperation boss killing. Ended the game at level 100, made a pyro/int build and was happy I was flexible to engage in melee, or go pyromancy flame/ranged fighter in any fight. Outstanding game, maybe my favorite Souls game.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Phew. I finally have all the items I needed for the covenant ranks. No more grinding and farming for me!

Now I can start enjoying the game again :p

Jamesways

You can pull the left one with a bow pretty easily. Just don't stand below it since it will damage you with his disgusting open rib cage. Pierce works wonders, so ready your Bestoc!
They're also very weak to bleed too. I was really surprised at how few hits it took to take them down with my second anri sword build character.

Arjen

Today in "what an asholish thing to do" I get invaded at the start of Irithyll, I wait for the guy to show up, I'm thinking, he must be as sick of ganks as I am when invading, I'll give him a fair duel, close match, dude decides to heal, then hits with me with a Lloyd's. Sigh. Needless to say he lost, people seem to forget the host has double the estus.

Today in "what an asholish thing to do" I get invaded at the start of Irithyll, I wait for the guy to show up, I'm thinking, he must be as sick of ganks as I am when invading, I'll give him a fair duel, close match, dude decides to heal, then hits with me with a Lloyd's. Sigh. Needless to say he lost, people seem to forget the host has double the estus.
True. When I was invaded in the early levels, I would never to heal first (unless I had a bunch of souls and didn't wanna do a whole area again, late game, this is much less of a concern). But some invaders would just break the fair fight rules. One guy who invaded me came at me, I dodged easy and hit him for like 90% damage, he quickly backed away and kept trying to force me towards the enemies on the map. Killed all enemies and him all at once. He never had a chance since I had more estus. I might have to do more invasions myself, if only to goof around and provide actual fair duel. On PvP, I often show my opponent that I have no more estuses by drinking them all in front of him.

laxu

How much more difficult is NG+ in this game? Is it anything like NG+ in Bloodborne which I found rather difficult especially in the DLC?

GulAtiCa

Holy shit, I didn't think it was possible, but the drop rates for Wold Swordgrass are actually worse than Proofs of a Concord Kept. Jesus.

Really? I find them VERY easy to get. With 257 luck (107 normal + 50 for the ring + 100 for the chesthat) (+50 for any coin I use, then 307), I get them regularly at the Ruins bonfire. Those 3 right there take like 10 to 15 seconds to kill. So easy to farm.

Manu

Really? I find them VERY easy to get. With 257 luck (107 normal + 50 for the ring + 100 for the chesthat) (+50 for any coin I use, then 307), I get them regularly at the Ruins bonfire. Those 3 right there take like 10 to 15 seconds to kill. So easy to farm.

I played for 40 minutes before leaving for work today and got 6 of them. Last night it took me about 2 hours to get 5. RNG in this game can be a bitch.

KingKong

painful episode of ENBs playthrough. I don't know why he's so convinced he's near the end of the game when every lord has had a few levels separating them (not to mention that he missed so many things, like half the profaned capital)

LiK

painful episode of ENBs playthrough. I don't know why he's so convinced he's near the end of the game when every lord has had a few levels separating them (not to mention that he missed so many things, like half the profaned capital)

that's okay, i didn't know about the side areas in Profaned Capital either until I checked a guide. i didn't really notice the hole in the wall near that bonfire. altho ENB thinking the Dancer was an end boss was super silly. at least he figured out how to use the
Storm Ruler
pretty quickly. that could've been painful if he didn't.

LOL, ENB
almost got the Dancer first try but whiffed it by thinking she was dead with a sliver of health.

How much more difficult is NG+ in this game? Is it anything like NG+ in Bloodborne which I found rather difficult especially in the DLC?

This time the NG+ is a joke. They must have fucked up the multipliers. IIRC it should be 5x health and 5x damage but it is more like 1.5x.

Demon's, DaS1, DaS2 all had waaaaaay more hard NG+.

Georome

I really don't get ENB's line of reasoning in that video. Am I near the end of the game? I feel like I'm near the end. This is sooooooo disappointing.

LiK

I really don't get ENB's line of reasoning in that video. Am I near the end of the game? I feel like I'm near the end. This is sooooooo disappointing.

well, in terms of the critical path, he's almost done. L
othric Castle
is actually pretty small unless he finds the optional areas.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man that was a bomb-ass episode, y'all tripping. He killed the Dancer on second try and Yhorm too rather than devoting entire videos to each by dying over and over again, that's a win in my book. Also I had to ask on here what was the trick to using Stormruler because it's not obvious at all that you have to keep charging it, no other weapon art works that way and the description doesn't even mention it (not that it would've mattered since I played the JP version). That could've been a lot more intuitive. Can't blame ENB for suspecting he's near the end too considering that... he kind of is, and his reasoning is sound. But considering the optional areas he's missed, and I suspect he will find Archdragon Peak at least and hopefully also UG, there's plenty left.

KingKong

that's okay, i didn't know about the side areas in Profaned Capital either until I checked a guide. i didn't really notice the hole in the wall near that bonfire. altho ENB thinking the Dancer was an end boss was super silly. at least he figured out how to use the
Storm Ruler
pretty quickly. that could've been painful if he didn't.

I believe he did notice the hole though? He must have seen the item down on the ground, not to mention that there's still a bunch of locked cells in the dungeon

the dancer thing was great though, and now I'm convinced that he'll find the Peak so that should be awesome

The Flash

Banned
The amount of time and energy that these people put in to these pranks is astounding. It's one of the reasons why I've fallen in love with these games.

The amount of time and energy that these people put in to these pranks is astounding. It's one of the reasons why I've fallen in love with these games.

Just remember the golden rule of youtube pranks... It's always fake. This was most likely staged specifically for Iron to record. Still funny though

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember the golden rule of youtube pranks... It's always fake. This was most likely staged specifically for Iron to record. Still funny though

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean almost certainly the host and his 2 friends had it planned out, but if Iron staged it, it would almost certainly be him doing the thing. There's a good chance he just came across these people randomly. I definitely used to just do random shit like this in Dark Souls 1 solo, and many times invaders or summons would join in, and we'd just keep doing it. People are surprisingly game to play along with stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom