• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Anyone else get the feeling a shield is very pointless against the later bosses?
I haven't used a Shield on a boss since
Farron
. Actually haven't used a shield on medium to large sized enemies since quite a while.

This game REALLY is Soulsbourne.

Soulflarz

Banned
I haven't used a Shield on a boss since
Farron
. Actually haven't used a shield on medium to large sized enemies since quite a while.

This game REALLY is Soulsbourne.

You can, they're quite useful at times!

But a lot of the time they really aren't at all, especially those with magic spam and such.

Anyways, after finally fighting
ornstein
...Dark Fanservice Souls 3

Alright I think I might need a tiny hint.

Look around the room for the Demon Souls reference

Timeaisis

OK, so
Hollowing
. You guys were all like "yeah, totally
draw out true strength
" and now
I'm hollowed
:(

Apparently it affects co-op mathcmaking? Is that true? I really don't care about appearances, but I sure as hell care if it negatively affects my game. Is there way to remove it?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Fifth boss,
Abyss Watchers
, will have to wait to tomorrow. Died three times and too tired to try more tonight.

Oh hey a Rapier.

I was debating trying my hand at a Bleeding build this game. Is it as useless as in DS1+2? As in bosses are all immune or super resistant?

Zackat

My computer is not a fan of this
Farron Keep poison area
. Still don't know what kind of weapon I am gonna end up using. Is there a best one for Dex that I need to be looking out for?

Wagram

So I just reached P
ontiff
and holy shit this things patterns are off the charts. It's like Fume Knight 5.0 so far.

Alright, the back-stab mechanic feels broken as I miss them most of the time and end up just hitting an enemy. It caused my death a few times too. I never had a problem with back-stabbing in Bloodborne. I get so close behind some enemies I could smell them yet almost never land a stab....

Get'sMad

yo why are there some many guys with players named "guts" that I encounter either through helping with bosses or invading?

Alright, the back-stab mechanic feels broken as I miss them most of the time and end up just hitting an enemy. It caused my death a few times too. I never had a problem with back-stabbing in Bloodborne. I get so close behind some enemies I could smell them yet almost never land a stab....

I couldn't/never back stabbed in bloodborne (never felt it was worth it too tbh) but I'm fine in this one because it's more like DaS back stabs.

Scher

Finished the game, yay! Now I'm free to just experiment and play around as I please.

There's a whole lot of stuff that they've done with this game and changed that I'm really happy with. Although it still carries over some of the issues that the previous two games had, I feel it both carried over most of what improvements DS2 had as well as improving further. What they've done well with this game definitely outweighs the issues that exist, and it's just in general much less tedious that the previous two games could get at some points.

Overall, combat just feels so much more responsive, although there's still some annoying input queuing that likes to mess things up every now and then. There's also a lot of variety to the bosses and, unlock DS1 and 2, I don't think there's any boss I'd say I flat out hate. Even the boss fights in this game that I don't consider good are pretty interesting in their own way. I also feel that this game did so much more with the multi-enemy boss fights, which is a big thing for me considering I basically think all the multi-enemy boss fights in the previous Souls games are pretty bad.

I'm pretty excited to see where they go with the DLC for this game! DS3 has definitely helped to set my expectations pretty high for the DLC, and I'm looking forward to seeing people unfold the lore in the coming weeks.

Steamspy has sales so far at 333,000 is that good for a Souls game how does it compare

That is a solid start, but note that it takes at least 3 days for Steamspy to more accurately represent a new gamestudy ownership. Expect a big jump for tomorrow and that will be in the ballpark.

Soulflarz

Banned
since armor doesn't get crazy better

Think of the vit stat as poise- it let's you equip sets like winged armor, which is a lot heavier but only benefits you with huge poise increases.

Big Brett

Need some help with I
rithyll
D
ungeon
... where am I supposed to go now that I have the J
ailer's
Key Ring and the J
ailbreaker's
key?

Also I have the shortcut right next to the main bonfire in that area.

I hate summoning bad players during bosses. Been having trouble with a boss so I summon and they die probably a third of the way in. Good waste of an ember that was. Not looking to get carried, but if you're dying to the boss that's aggro'd on ME then there's a problem here.

Soulflarz

Banned
Need some help with I
rithyll
D
ungeon
ailer's
Key Ring and the J
ailbreaker's
key?

One resues the person in the basement

The other is...you know where you got the key?
Look around on the rooftop for a jump spot into an archway.
You need a cell key of sorts for that though.

Hate how popular
Abyss Watchers
are for co-op. Always so many summons for people to choose from, so people are less likely to pick me. Usually got to wait a few minutes before I can get some action. Will going to the
Perimeter
bonfire change this, or is it just as busy?

jonjonaug

Need some help with I
rithyll
D
ungeon
ailer's
Key Ring and the J
ailbreaker's
key?

Also I have the shortcut right next to the main bonfire in that area.

The Jailer's Key opens a door on the bottom level (with all the brand dudes) that has the advanced pyromancy merchant in it, the Jailbreaker's key opens the door down the hallway directly from the bonfire on the top floor (this leads to the next area where the boss resides). There's a third key too that opens a hidden cell that you can get to from the next area.

Same here. I think I've only gotten them a handful of times and maybe 2 or 3 of those were me doing it on purpose.

ExVicis

My 8 year old daughter saw me playing a little of this today and she was really fascinated by the game, especially the social aspects of leaving messages.

Later we went out for a walk in our neighborhood and she saw these numbers on the sidewalk and said that someone left this as a message for us.

Well damn, now I feel bad for all the vulgar messages I've been leaving everywhere.

Fallen Knight set looks so good
It is until you realize the previous owner of the armor set peed in those pants and it's stained in there.

I am like, an inverse Souls player.

I don't know how I am always like this but I constantly find trouble with the dumbest bosses or enemies and then when people are like "Yeah but wait til you get to this guy" I beat em in one or two goes. Like, I remember in Bloodborne spending 43 tries on le Vicar but beat Martyr on my 3rd try and The Vacuous Butt on my 2nd.

And then this game, first boss takes me 14 tries and then I beat the 2nd on my fucking first by myself. Also beat that naked douchebag in Firelink Shrine after 3 tries with starting equipment. He does not have a good answer to bow strats.

Big Brett

One resues the person in the basement

The other is...you know where you got the key?
Look around on the rooftop for a jump spot into an archway.
You need a cell key of sorts for that though.

The Jailer's Key opens a door on the bottom level (with all the brand dudes) that has the advanced pyromancy merchant in it, the Jailbreaker's key opens the door down the hallway directly from the bonfire on the top floor (this leads to the next area where the boss resides). There's a third key too that opens a hidden cell that you can get to from the next area.

I assume you're both talking about the o
ld cell
key? I got that and
jumped through the passage to get... whatever was there :p.

I guess I should stick to that shortcut with the elevator and figure out where the hell to go from there. Not sure where to go from the room with
the giant and the rats.

I assume you're both talking about the o
ld cell
key? I got that and
jumped through the passage to get... whatever was there :p.

I guess I should stick to that shortcut with the elevator and figure out where the hell to go from there. Not sure where to go from the room with
the giant and the rats.

Can't give you specific directions based on items since I memorized how to run through the area from when I played the JPN version but here's some help from the starting bonfire. (This is without using any of the shortcuts you may have unlocked)

From the start you cross the first bridge, take a left and there should be a door you opened from the other side. From there you drop down and run through the hallway (there should be an enemy that pokes you from inside a cell on the left. From there you follow the path and you'll get a bunch of enemies in a room (with a lot of them in a hall to the right, fight/run through them and drop down that hole. You should be able to follow the rocks to reach a opening to a sewer and take a right where some rats are hiding. Progression shouldn't be too complicated from there.

Daft Punk

Banned
Welp, still stuck at the bonfire on the high wall in Area 1. I'm supposed to go down and fight the fat guy with the giant axe right? The layout has me kinda confused.

105.Will

So i'm thinking about redistributing my points. if i'm going full str there is literally no reason to put points into faith and int right?

AW boss dumb shit:

Boss starts fun, beat first phase, see awesome cutscene "alright fuck yeah dude here we fucking go let's turn up son" come back from cutscene and dude is right next to me already starting his mega flame sword swing. Thanks FROM

big_z

is dark souls 3 like bloodborne where you can get all the trophies in one playthrough or will multiple playthroughs be necessary like the previous games?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Such a bizarre experience I just had. So I got the Xbox One version a few weeks ago, played the entire thing offline.

So today, I'm resuming my save game in one of the optional areas, this time online, and..

I defeat the Ancient Wyvern for the first time. Cool. So I'm transported to the next area, and as soon as I leave the bonfire area I get a message "Dark Phantom Sniper420AllDay has invaded you!" Okay, so right after I hear that a Knight materializes in front of me. He's pretty tough, but I manage to kill him, barely. Then a red outlined guy jumps on the screen and kills me right as I kill the "Knight" who I'd assumed was the invader. Just such a weird clusterfuck coincidence that just minutes after playing online for the first time, I'm invaded, and stranger still that an NPC who resembles an invader came right after that message appeared. Freaky. Annoying. Weird.

Turned online off for now ;)

Soulflarz

Banned
is dark souls 3 like bloodborne where you can get all the trophies in one playthrough or will multiple playthroughs be necessary like the previous games?

You can savescum like bloodborne, lol

Maybe a second. I know you can savescum at least
of them, I have no idea why you can't do all
if you have the route planned

tagged # of endings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom