• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberLevi

Can any one explain the whole Hallow level and Dark sigil thing because no matter how many times I read this thing I don't get it.

When you die, you gain a point of Hollowing. After a certain Hollowing level is reached, Yoel will let you get another free level, and then will give you another Dark Sigil mark. The number of marks you have amounts to the number of Hollowing points received on death. The more Hollow you get, the more wrinkled and decrepit your character begins to look. I'm not sure if anyone at this point has discovered another effect to Hollowing other than visual effect, so may need some more research. A purging stone will remove the points, returning you to a normal appearance. You can also get a ring that makes you appear normal while worn, but does not remove Hollow points.

-Ryn

Banned
So does anyone know what the deal with dual wielding is?

There doesn't seem to be any benefit to going into the dual stance (currently using the Scimitars). The L1 button slashes with 2 swords yeah, but it does the same amount of damage from what I can tell.

Is the benefit broader range?

Big Brett

So does anyone know what the deal with dual wielding is?

There doesn't seem to be any benefit to going into the dual stance (currently using the Scimitars). The L1 button slashes with 2 swords yeah, but it does the same amount of damage from what I can tell.

Is the benefit broader range?

Difference in range, yeah. AOE on L2. Combo R1>R1>L1 is pretty strong, as it changes the properties of the L1. I'm just enjoying them a ton.

When you die, you gain a point of Hollowing. After a certain Hollowing level is reached, Yoel will let you get another free level, and then will give you another Dark Sigil mark. The number of marks you have amounts to the number of Hollowing points received on death. The more Hollow you get, the more wrinkled and decrepit your character begins to look. I'm not sure if anyone at this point has discovered another effect to Hollowing other than visual effect, so may need some more research. A purging stone will remove the points, returning you to a normal appearance. You can also get a ring that makes you appear normal while worn, but does not remove Hollow points.

Do you know where/what that ring is by chance?

TheFlow

Banned
got invaded for the first time while fighting a giant crab. I killed the giant crab grabbed the loot and tried to fight the invader. before I could kill him I get backstabbed by a second invader. Ran straight to the bonfire so my souls could be there because I wasn't surviving this.

learned my lesson the hard way about roaming while embered

jonjonaug

FUCK DANCER FUCK!!!!!!!!! Inch of health left and one shots everyone!!! Fuck you from and your cheap bullshit!!!

Thinking of trading this in.

I beat her on my first attempt. I did have like a pixel of health left at multiple points during the fight though.

-Ryn

Banned
Difference in range, yeah. AOE on L2. Combo R1>R1>L1 is pretty strong, as it changes the properties of the L1. I'm just enjoying them a ton.
Thanks a lot dude!

Yeah I love dual wielding but I was worried I was missing something. Looks like I just need to keep practicing lol

jonjonaug

got invaded for the first time while fighting a giant crab. I killed the giant crab grabbed the loot and tried to fight the invader. before I could kill him I get backstabbed by a second invader. Ran straight to the bonfire so my souls could be there because I wasn't surviving this.

If you get invaded there again, try luring the phantoms into the crabs. Some very large enemies (like the crabs, or dragon fire) will damage friend and foe alike.

That's always been a fun thing to do in souls games. I remember getting the Hydra in Darkroot Basin to kill an invader once in Souls 1.

Puppen

Banned
I keep running into messages saying illusory wall ahead only for no illusory wall to break when I hit the wall. Are people trolling or am I doing something wrong?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Part of the charm!

I keep running into messages saying illusory wall ahead only for no illusory wall to break when I hit the wall. Are people trolling or am I doing something wrong?

Trolling. Have you rolled off any cliffs yet?

Get'sMad

Anyone that invades other another person's game, and then automatically runs into a group of enemies and tries to get them to do your work for you is a coward and the definition of what's wrong with pvp in Souls games.

Just throwing that out there.

not when you invade and it's 3/4 v 1...which has been my experience 99% of the time when doing invasions in this game.

Big Brett

Thanks a lot dude!

Yeah I love dual wielding but I was worried I was missing something. Looks like I just need to keep practicing lol

Yeah no problem! Just experiment with different button inputs. It uses a bit of FP, but I just discovered L2>R2 is like an extended spin. It's cool.

Dereck

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In Dark Souls 2 I had to use a Sublime Bone Dust to power up a bonefire +1, how do I do that in this game?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

finalflame

FUCK DANCER FUCK!!!!!!!!! Inch of health left and one shots everyone!!! Fuck you from and your cheap bullshit!!!

Thinking of trading this in.

576E6364D09F92E98A2CDA8D7138FCF8429928BA

Sarcasm

I have to reformat my pc and wondering which nvidia driver to install? I see people aren't using newest because nvidia had been screwing up so this is why I ask.

Manu

In Dark Souls 2 I had to use a Sublime Bone Dust to power up a bonefire +1, how do I do that in this game?

Same way, except now they're called Undead Bone Shards.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have to reformat my pc and wondering which nvidia driver to install? I see people aren't using newest because nvidia had been screwing up so this is why I ask.

Remember to back up your save file, there's no cloud support.

I'm using the latest without issue.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

It's the same mechanic. It has a different name. Calm down.

Ok, Souls-Gaf. How do I beat this second boss? I got him down to about 60% health, he went nuts and beat the shit out of me. I'm a mercenary with a long sword and a shield.

Puppen

Banned
lol apparently crashes are indeed tied to armor. Changed out of my knight gear for the first time to fallen knight at level 33 and crashed.

I leveled up 5 times with Yoel, and I got
Yuria to come to Firelink. Yoel looks like he's dead now though. Am I locked out of the secret ending, or am I okay since I leveled up 5 times with him? Also, why did he die? o_O

BearPawB

Banned
Question about whether i fucked up Anri's questline

Killed horace, went back to her. and there was just a green glowing dot where she used to be. She isn't at the church either.

jonjonaug

I leveled up 5 times with Yoel, and I got
Yuria to come to Firelink. Yoel looks like he's dead now though. Am I locked out of the secret ending, or am I okay since I leveled up 5 times with him? Also, why did he die? o_O

You're fine.

He's old and withered. Maybe he just gave up the ghost?

Question about whether i fucked up Anri's questline

Killed horace, went back to her. and there was just a green glowing dot where she used to be. She isn't at the church either.

That's odd. She should be at the church bonfire in Boreal Valley if you killed Horace before fighting the boss of that area.

Ok, Souls-Gaf. How do I beat this second boss? I got him down to about 60% health, he went nuts and beat the shit out of me. I'm a mercenary with a long sword and a shield.

Continue to hug his ass and do a few attacks. Save some stamina so you can roll behind him when necessary. When he charges up his special, wail on him and you can interrupt it.

BearPawB

Banned
You're fine.

He's old and withered. Maybe he just gave up the ghost?

That's odd. She should be at the church bonfire in Boreal Valley if you killed Horace before fighting the boss of that area.

No, i killed the boss WAY before.
like way way before
i didnt even know i could get into the area with horace until i went back exploring towards the end

Deadstar

Anyone on ps4 experience a weird feeling when rotating the camera? It feels like it's jittery or something and kind of hurts my eyes. Never had an issue with anything like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom