• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no CO op
Quoting for new page and my fuck up lol.
Someone wanna co-op Cathedral of the Deep with me? In having trouble.
PSN: Pilgrim-Ren
I've got that dinky ps4 monophone if you want voice chat too.
Edit: I put my character name instead of PSN. Fixed now whoops.

Manu

I love this game like a fat kid love cake but I feel like I'm really limited when it comes to weapons. I just don't see myself replacing my default Battle Axe which is now +6, 2 handers are insanely slow and a lot of the cooler weapons are Dex based. The only weapon I really like is the Butchers Blade but without hybrid scaling my Battle Axe seems to be better. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

Same here. The only boss that gave me trouble so far was because I was using a new weapon in that area, when I switched back to the axe I got him right away.

Mandelbo

uh... no? one fun gimmick boss, one hard as nails awesome final challenge boss. I left the latter after a few tries to complete later as I want something to savor... but I got to the second phase it's great!

Yeah, I really enjoyed the
Ancient Wyvern. I can tell not everyone is going to like it, but it was exhilarating dodging the flames and watching the man-serpents get caught in it instead. I haven't gone any further after that, though.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Oh fuck me, I used some of those free level up's from...
hell I can't remember his name, but you save him once you get to the outer wall and he ends up back at Fireshrine. I used like 5 free level ups, and now I've got some sort of hollowing effect going on. My dudes face looks like burnt flesh. Is this going to effect my guy at all aside from his face being fucked? I mean I can deal with the cosmetic issue if that's all it is

jett

D-Member
Been playing for 9 hours. My starting weapon is still the strongest weapon I got (with a raw gem and a few upgrades). Feels kinda eh. Just got an Uchigatana but it's much weaker (and slower) than my twin swords, even if I upgrade it. Can you use a weapon as material for upgrading another one here?

Check around outside.

You may find him around some tombstones

As you exit firelink, go left and you should find him.

Thanks.

Citadel

Hey all,

I'm currently in the U
ndead Settlement
- I thiiinkkk I'm about to face
A Cursed Tree
in a bit, at least that's what the message on the floor told me. I'm currently using a broadsword that I infused with a raw gem.. so it's around +150 ish with damage.

Am I able to find a better weapon this early into the game? Something I can keep and upgrade through my entire playthrough (and something that can help better equip me against phantoms... or hosts...) or should I just stick with upgrading the broadsword?

Thanks!

hell I can't remember his name, but you save him once you get to the outer wall and he ends up back at Fireshrine. I used like 5 free level ups, and now I've got some sort of hollowing effect going on. My dudes face looks like burnt flesh. Is this going to effect my guy at all aside from his face being fucked? I mean I can deal with the cosmetic issue if that's all it is

You're good.
getting those 5 levels are necessary for the super secret ending anyway.
You can always get something to "cure" it as well.

Lan Dong Mik

Anyone know where to get the butcher's knife. I keep hearing good things about it and considering I'm a hybrid build now, it seems like it would work well.

You get it from this NPC in the Crucified Woods area I believe, or it's the area literally right after that where all of the
crazy flying monkeys are

I am level 52 and still using the butcher knife. Favorite weapon so far.

Black blade is awesome.

+10 on it is doing 250ish base damage and with sharp wnfusion it's B scaling for dex

Really liking the armour sets in this game too, lots of fashion souls potential

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else managed to work around reshade disabling steam in game integration ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love this game like a fat kid love cake but I feel like I'm really limited when it comes to weapons. I just don't see myself replacing my default Battle Axe which is now +6, 2 handers are insanely slow and a lot of the cooler weapons are Dex based. The only weapon I really like is the Butchers Blade but without hybrid scaling my Battle Axe seems to be better. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

its all about how you like to play, how you like the movesets of the weapons. some of us only like greatswords for example

So yesterday I was letting myself get summoned for the third
tree
boss but there were 2 hosts for some reason... The guy who summoned me and I entered the fog but there was already another guy fighting the boss. He had already killed most of the adds and did a little damage to the boss before we got there. I took a screenshot when the battle was done. Notice how they both appear as humans and have "host" in their names. I'm thinking this is some weird bug, unless there's a co-op mode I don't know about :p

962119139D9F49DCFF52ABB1F0CA806BBE3D7851

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You get it from this NPC in the Crucified Woods area I believe, or it's the area literally right after that where all of the
crazy flying monkeys are

I am level 52 and still using the butcher knife. Favorite weapon so far.

Does the scaling improve? Right now the extra Dex scaling on my Battle Axe makes it better than the knife but I love how it looks and I'd rather use it if it won't gimp me. I could upgrade it pretty quickly if it'll be worth it in the long run.

I love that you could choose cracked red orbs as starting gifts. Scrub-offs with starting weapons in the Lothric Wall area are kinda fun! I was running like the most scrubby invasion build ever, with a raw battle axe +2 as my weapon. Won two (with plunging attacks as the killing blow both times) and lost two.

Hope I get some more cracked orbs soon!!!

(Sucks that you're always matched against people in coop though)

Late game spoilers - Sitting here absolutely blown away.
Aldrich Gwyndolin fight. Absolutely phenomenal, it all made sense the moment i saw him. Anor Londo throwback give me the chills all over.

I don't want this game to end. Please tell me there is a lot more after beating the 3 lords of cinder.

Mandelbo

Aldrich Gwyndolin fight. Absolutely phenomenal, it all made sense the moment i saw him. Anor Londo throwback give me the chills all over.

I don't want this game to end. Please tell me there is a lot more after beating the 3 lords of cinder.

I'm after the three lords and there's a lot left to do, including the optional areas.

Frillen

So if I infuse my Deep Battle Axe with a heavy gem the physical damage goes from 138 -> 168. But there's also a +69 beside the 163. What does that mean?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wut as usual the hidden optional area has the only hard boss of the game, its been this way since DS2.

im sure you are great at the game, but everytime people say shit like that I struggled not to roll my eyes into the back of my skull

no that isnt the only hard boss in the game. There are many hard bosses. 95% of the people playing the game will have a hard time with it for awhile. Just becaue you in particular (and others im sure) are amazing at these games doesnt mean they arent in fact hard. Hell you could have the hardest game ever made and im sure one person would be fine with it, that wouldnt make it any less hard

Lakitu

st5fu
In terms of difficulty, it wasn't too bad until I got to the D
emon
R
uins
. I must have died 10 times in an hour. It is fucking ridiculous.

jaekeem

plenty left, dw

Lan Dong Mik

Cool thanks! I'll take a look when I boot the game up.

oops my bad it's actually in the
the road of sacrifices area, so before the crucified woods - if you have trouble finding it watch this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5kDCOgmCxw

Does the scaling improve? Right now the extra Dex scaling on my Battle Axe makes it better than the knife but I love how it looks and I'd rather use it if it won't gimp me. I could upgrade it pretty quickly if it'll be worth it in the long run.

I'm honestly not too sure lol!! I'm a complete DS noob but I've been playing the shit out of this game. I'm definitely upgrading it as much as I possibly can but one shitty thing is that I've noticed is you can't infuse it or put any magic spells on it. It has a sharpen skill though that comes in handy big time.

So you can't use rest mode in this game? It just kicks me back to the title screen because of a lost internet connection, why can't it just continue in offline mode.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So
siegward is in the well asking me if i've seen his armor which i did on the bridge trap cutscene
but in the dialogue selection it only gives me 'havent seen it'. What gives?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is the dancer fight mandatory? Somebody said you can glitch it early making me think it's an optional fight.

Maybe you can glitch it? I believe it's a mandatory fight.

So
siegward is in the well asking me if i've seen his armor which i did on the bridge trap cutscene
but in the dialogue selection it only gives me 'havent seen it'. What gives?
Buy the armor back from Patches

Buy the tower key for 20,000. Get the gatekeeper soul. Give it to gatekeeper to be cured. Or, buy purging stones. A new nocturnal Will join that ugly rock sorcerer in the same location. Purging stones cleanse you of the hallowing temporarily. Or equip a ring which masks the allowing appearance.

mstevens

So you can't use rest mode in this game? It just kicks me back to the title screen because of a lost internet connection, why can't it just continue in offline mode.

Aw man my internet connection is bad, I hate when games do that. Didn't bloodborne just continue you in offline if you lost connection?

Get'sMad

can I remove the dark sigil before
I beat it and still get the 3rd ending or will removing it mess it up? I've already "wed" Anri and everything.

im sure you are great at the game, but everytime people say shit like that I struggled not to roll my eyes into the back of my skull

no that isnt the only hard boss in the game. There are many hard bosses. 95% of the people playing the game will have a hard time with it for awhile. Just becaue you in particular (and others im sure) are amazing at these games doesnt mean they arent in fact hard. Hell you could have the hardest game ever made and im sure one person would be fine with it, that wouldnt make it any less hard

Well i was more referring to people with the same level of experience/skill as me, most bosses in the series dont actually require any "skill".

On normal playthroughs i'd consider the following bosses hard
ds1: O&S, manus,Artorias
ds2: darklurker, fume knight
ds3: NK
BB: watchdog,kos, ludwig,Ebi
, they either require good positional awareness or precise timing of dodging.

and i think 95% is too high an estimate, we are 5 games deep in this now boss should be fairly smooth learning experiences for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom