• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodpick

No kidding. Those knights gave me so much trouble! I had a much easier time with them after I started using 2-handed weapons instead of sword/axe + shield. Being able to stagger them made a huge difference.

I was having trouble too but they became much easier when I parried them and broke their shield guard using the longsword skill attack.

Is any one else super displeased with the guide this time around. Theres no convant section to speak of, and the very beginning of the walk through section states they won't cover npc related things nor point out all the item locations. All the other guides were really good when it came to that sort. It's how I play these games, so I'm a little disappointed with it currently

Oh there is a conveant section... it is like page 225 or something but it is extremely barebones

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I know it's been asked but is there a ring for the swamp ?

Also how do you joinn covenants ? I found like 4 but I've only been able to join the Wolf's.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the PVP hotspot for end-game builds?

The Aldrich Faithful area is always popping off. But right now I'm pretty sure you can get invasions anywhere. I've been having a lot of fun invading in the SL60s.

Ferr986

You missed stuff

Ahhh, thanks. Just saw that pit
I keep dying trying to get that item on the ledge lol but I got the ring.

I know it's been asked but is there a ring for the swamp ?

Also how do you joinn covenants ? I found like 4 but I've only been able to join the Wolf's.

Just equip the covenant item in the 1st menu. No need to talk to NPCs/location to join like other Souls games.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
welp, took me three straight days, but I beat it. Twas fun. Not DSI, but better than DSII. Though, I have one overwhelming criticism about the boss weapons,
Why are most of them great swords? Seriously, I want to say a third of all of the weapons are greatswords or heavy strength weapons. I would have really liked a little more variety :/

Also what class is the best to start out with? I saw my friend start as a knight and I was surprised by how much better it felt like his starting equipment was to mine(pyromancer).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Been having connection issues sometimes with Jolly CoOp on Xbox One.

It's no an Xbox Live thing because other games work perfectly fine.

It takes awhile to summon someone and most of the time it ends in connection failure. If I've been summoned and am helping someone with Jolly CoOp I've had a few times with the game disconnecting.

I don't remember it being this bad with Dark Souls 1 on PS3.

Dr. Buni

Is there a boss inside this door? I am low on Estus and I haven't found bonfires near that place yet.

Edit: Seems like I don't know how to spoiler a picture, so here is the link for it: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665596727

Is there a boss inside this door? I am low on Estus and I haven't found bonfires near that place yet.
174F2BEFF1B7DD0BC16455A88E2C7360B8601F50

Not yet, I think.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm a Dark Souls 1 veteran and I hated Dark Souls II. So tell it to me straight: what am I doing wrong?

I want to make a light-ish melee warrior that uses pyromancy to cheese enem-, I mean, support my physical attacks. I got an Uchigatana and pumped my DEX to 16... but immediately afterwards I got a Claymore, which was amazing in previous games. Problem is, it needs 16 STR. What should I do? Where I should I go? Should I get both STR and DEX to 16 and then pump Faith and INT to boost my pyromancies? What would be the sweetspot for life and stamina?

(Or, rather, should I scrap this character and start from scratch?).

Quoting myself before going to bed because, gosh, this topic moves fast!

Wot. Where?
If you jump down to the giant dude that walks in circles around a fountain, turn right after leaving his area and run to an elevator. Every time you die, just drop off the ledge near the first bonfire for the area (to the right as well) and ride the elevator. Then just run to the fog wall.

Ledbetter

Going to start this game with no previous Dark Souls experience. I just played half of Bloodborne, but had to stop to focus on school; I prefer starting this game now that it just came out and want to follow along the community (haven't done that for a long time).

I am already dead, right?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Edit: Seems like I don't know how to spoiler a picture, so here is the link for it: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665596727

You should probably look around for a shortcut or a bonfire.
If I'm correct in what I'm looking at though, it's not a boss but something that could easily kill you though.

ramyeon

You have awhile to go before the boss yet.
Shortcut coming very soon though.

DukeBobby

Beat the
Abyss Watchers
and called it a night. Trickiest boss so far; took me five attempts.

Farron Keep
was certainly a treacherous and confusing area. Even on my tenth playthrough, I bet I still manage to get lost somehow.

Hikami

Oh cool, I actually get summoned as a Blue Sentinel in this game unlike the previous ones. The invader dies by the time I get there though since the host likely has 2 other phantoms..

HeelPower

Is it just me ? why do I feel like there are tons of secrets I missed in Lothric High wall.

I just got done with it but I feel like I wanna go back and explore again.

I have finals man...Cant control myself at all...this game is insane....

Steel

Banned
Going to start this game with no previous Dark Souls experience. I just played half of Bloodborne, but had to stop to focus on school; I prefer starting this game now that it just came out and want to follow along the community (haven't done that for a long time).

I am already dead, right?

You'll be fine.

Yeah, you're screwed. But that's the first step.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Oh cool, I actually get summoned as a Blue Sentinel in this game unlike the previous ones. The invader dies by the time I get there though since the host likely has 2 other phantoms..

I by default turn on the Way of Blue covenant if I just want to do PvE stuff. I like that you can switch covenants on the fly.

Hopefully people will realize this soon and you copbros will be plenty busy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Warrior Class question: I'm focusing most of my Souls on Vigor (HP), Endurance and of course Strength.

What should be my #4 and #5 attributes I should be looking at for Warrior?

Tenebrous

Just beat D
ragonscale
A
rmour. Probably my favourite fight of the game so far (yet probably also the most unoriginal). Very deadly if you slip up, but very easy to read. A fight that's all about pure execution of mechanics you know, but somehow seem to forget when it matters.

Bottled the fight at 10% with 6 estus flask uses left, but managed to get it clean a few kills later.

Warrior Class question: I'm focusing most of my Souls on Vigor (HP), Endurance and of course Strength.

Dex & the one with equip load is what I have.

Depends on the weapon/armor you want to use. I had to raise my Dex to 18 to use the
Greatsword of the Wolf

Horan19

Neo Member
Quoting myself before going to bed because, gosh, this topic moves fast!

25 seems to be the sweet spot for vigor, though you can push it to 50 before it stops scaling meaningfully. As for the weapon stuff- do what you like, both the katana and claymore are good options, but if you want something SUPER effective for the early game as a pyromancer then try grabbing the astora straight sword from the high wall of lothric and infuse it with raw. You should probably infuse any weapon you pick with raw for now- you'll get better scaling from that than stats if you're leaving your strength and dex at minimum requirements, and you can reinfuse the weapon later, once you get an infusion that will scale with your magic stats.

Endurance doesn't seem to scale much early, so I'd leave that for a little later- get that vigor to at least 20 and then go for more int and faith, imo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's this tower near the elevator before
Anor Londo
with a bonfire on top of it. It doesn't seem connected to it, and I can't remember that place.

Where is it?

It's extremely easy to miss how to get there. From the Anor Londo bonfire, go back on the elevator and make it go down, you can see the fire from there. There's an invisible path you can walk across to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom