• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Is it me or does the game get significantly harder after
Christmas / Anor Londo ? The Dungeon is so complex, I'm already at the Capital bonfire but haven'T found half the items and one shortcut in the dungeon...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. At least the one in Demon's Souls had places you could hide for a bit so you could swap it out.
___Yhorm___
will just tear you and the entire place apart before you can find it in the inventory.

Oh that? Shoot, just equip it before you go through the door. (and charge it!)

Abyss Watchers (the name is written on throne at start so don't think need to spoiler)

Pro tip

Let them fight.gif
When it first happened, I thought it was such a sick spin on a boss fight

Can't say I've lasted very long in phase 2 though lol

It gets scary when your buddy gets rekt, so don't want to let them fight too much

Audioboxer

This game! Soogood.gif

Farming covenant items is shockingly bad though. Will need to wait till I get some item find boosting equipment. Went 30 mins of farming without a wolf grass.

Stiler

Is their no blood in the game or are the effects bugged? Like I notice sometimes when I fight I see what looks like "shadows" on my character sface and such, it doesn't look anything like blood/liquid though.

It's nothing at all like Bloodborne's style, which I thought surely they'd have used for this game.

As a whole the graphics of this game seem rather a step down to me compared to bloodborne, especially the lighting/blood effects and how they interacted with cloth and the environment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh at least you keep the item like any other if you die, I thought you had to pick it up everytime. Can just go with it ready I guess

still dumb for the game it is tho :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So
Yoel
died but Yuria hasn't shown up yet, am I missing something? Progression wise my furthest point is CoC but I'm working on the cathedral right now. Crestfallen, invasion guy,Eyegore and
Onion bro
I haven't seen for a while either.

I believe for
Yuria
to show up you must have
used the level up option with Yoel 5 times total

Could be wrong about that, but it's what I did and it worked fine, yet a friend didn't and they didn't show up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
oh at least you keep the item like any other if you die, I thought you had to pick it up everytime. Can just go with it ready I guess

still dumb for the game it is tho :)

It's punishment for you
not keeping your dude alive. He can solo the giant, zero problems, if you got his questline fulfilled.

I'm trying to get another Lightning Gem since I accidentally used it on something else, and I read that I can do it by getting the X
anthous
C
rown
, but I can't find Y
ellowfinger
. I've looked in the two areas I can find him and he just won't
invade

Nazo

Can someone give me a tip on the
Yorm
boss fight? I picked up the
Storm Ruler
in the boss room and I for the life of me can't figure out this fights mechanic. I know it wants me to use the
Storm Ruler
but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Its weapon art doesn't seem to do any damage to them at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But... the weapon is behind the boss.

I mean, equipping it before the fight is what I did after dying while fumbling through the weapon list midfight.

The idea is that someone else is tanking that boss while you do it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yorm
Storm Ruler
in the boss room and I for the life of me can't figure out this fights mechanic. I know it wants me to use the
Storm Ruler
but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Its weapon art doesn't seem to do any damage to them at all.

Two-Hand it and hold L2/LT - it charges, and you use R1/RB to attack. Keep an eye on your stamina, do some avoidance if you're alone, and it'll whittle him down. Targeting distance, so if you can't lock on, don't unleash the beast.

Sylas

Yorm
Storm Ruler
Storm Ruler

Charge it up by holding the button.

KHlover

Banned
Why does the fight against
Abyss Watchers
have two phases D:

I barely make it through the first one and that already saps all my Estus :S

Big Brett

Yorm
Storm Ruler
Storm Ruler

Two-Hand it and hold L2/LT - it charges, and you use R1/RB to attack. Keep an eye on your stamina, do some avoidance if you're alone, and it'll whittle him down. Targeting distance, so if you can't lock on, don't unleash the beast.

It's worth noting you can prime a charge too. Hold L2 in a safe spot, then walk away, wait for another safe moment.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn sorcery starting to get good around level 50. I'm getting back some of the feel from DSII. Been pumping Int like crazy and it's really starting to pay off. I can one or two shots most mobs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why does the fight against
Abyss Watchers
have two phases D:

I barely make it through the first one and that already saps all my Estus :S

Hang back if you can, let the Hulk Hogan take care of Macho Man and co on the inside. Third one is on your side, sorta. Gives you breathing room.

Nazo

Oooooh. That makes much more sense. Thanks! I shouldn't have much of a problem now!

Fhtagn

Damn that does not sound good at all lol.

I liked it.

I gasped at one point when I figured something out. My overall opinion on the lore in the game is "hmmmm... hmmm..." because I haven't finished replaying in English and I haven't dug into all the spoilers yet, but I do get the sense that Miyazaki's saving his best efforts for a new IP, which makes sense since Dark Souls 1 is so tightly wrapped up by the end of it's own story that it doesn't feel like it was designed to have much room for meaningful sequels, IMHO. I suspect that overtime, the story aspects will become more clear. There's certainly aspects of it I really, really like; the final boss is perfect if this really is the last Dark Souls game. There are other aspects that feel like fan service. I'm sure it'll grow on me honestly.

Skii

I'm just watching ENB's 3rd part to his DS3 walkthrough and he's saying that his friend told him to keep his full knight set on. I also rolled as a knight. Is he trolling or is there something to it like the fat official's hat in Demon's Souls?

Note that I just beat Vordt of the Boreal Valley so if it's too spoilery, then tell me so lol.

Manu

Reading some of the posts in here, I think my character quests might be glitched or something.

People have mentioned
Siegward
and
Patches
showing up in the Cathedral, and neither of them was there.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Zone:
Cathedral
How:
Covenant, (and a bonfire is down there for convenience.)
Thank you friend. No idea how I missed it, I've explored that area pretty damn thoroughly, but I did see one magic item I couldn't get. Hmm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reading some of the posts in here, I think my character quests might be glitched or something.

People have mentioned
Siegward
and
Patches

Did you let P
atches act like a cunt and lock you in the top of Firelink? You gotta let him go Full Cunt first, then get out and humble him with words

Vamp

How do I get to play offline on PS4? I setup the offline in settings but I can still see messages and I get invaded every minute.

silva1991

People have mentioned
Siegward
and
Patches

Siegward
should be in the
well
near the first bonefire

not sure about the other guy.

Big Brett

I'm fighting D
ancer
and I still haven't seen the S
mouldering Lake
everyone's talking about lol

How do I get to play offline on PS4? I setup the offline in settings but I can still see messages and I get invaded every minute.

It's probably a scripted NPC invasion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh you guys werent kidding. the transition from the
giant lord
and the
dancer
is awful. well, how it just drops you there with no warning, no rest, and then it puts you back on the previous bonfire, not even a close one lol

Fhtagn

I'm fighting D
ancer
and I still haven't seen the S
mouldering Lake
everyone's talking about lol

do you want a hint?

sometimes a bridge is not just a bridge

more clear:
sometimes a bridge can also be a ladder.

answer:
cut that rope bridge in the catacombs, wait for it to stop, then climb down it.

Big Brett

do you want a hint?

sometimes a bridge is not just a bridge

more clear:
sometimes a bridge can also be a ladder.

answer:
cut that rope bridge in the catacombs, wait for it to stop, then climb down it.

Haha, I like this. Thanks. One host brought me down there actually I just kinda forgot about it.

Big Brett

ugh you guys werent kidding. the transition from the
giant lord
and the
dancer
is awful. well, how it just drops you there with no warning, no rest, and then it puts you back on the previous bonfire, not even a close one lol

I was fighting A
ldritch
so I thought I was still in the same room when they sent me to
the Dancer
hahaha

Just some observations about side character questlines that I found interesting. Spoilers, obviously:

On my first playthrough, I never encountered patches either at firelink (yes, I went into the bell tower) or at the cathedral. I also never found siegward in the well, even though I did do the first part of his questline. But my second playthrough, I did everything in the same order and I DID encounter Patches at the Cathedral, but never at firelink. And after finding patches in the cathedral, I did find Siegward in the well, and finished his quest line. But patches never showed up at firelink shrine in his usual spot. I really have no idea what causes some of these things to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom