• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

hmm, even my infuses spear +5 is not nearly as good as the fire katana +3, I was really looking forward to play spear again, but not if the damage is so low

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Otogi was great and I would love another but it should remain it's own thing IMO. Does Microsoft own the IP?

I'm ready for Sci Fi souls.

VZll66h.jpg

What sword is that?

Wolnir’s Holy Sword, you get it after beating him you just have to give his soul to that guy (can't remember his name) back at Fire Shrine

Just defeated A
byss
W
atchers
. Wasn't difficult at all. Took 3 tries, Flash Sweat was a lifesaver in the second phase. I realized I had it but didn't equip and use it until the third try.

Menome

Can I just remind people that spoilering images doesn't work on mobile-view? You need to just use a URL link otherwise people like me will just see the spoiler straight away. :(

gunstarhero

Well, one is the second boss of the game while the other is the 4th from last :p

Strange they let you access either one so early in the game - I mean, they're practically next door neighbors.

Edit: then again, From pulled the same thing with Amelia in BB. Bastards.

Ironically I died the same amount of times to the cathedral spider mini boss as the cata gaint with gold rings, 3 times and both times was bloody mist that nuked me.

Just beat NK and holy shit what a fight. Read the lore on his soul and stuff...mind blown so that was
Gwynn's Firstborn
!! This game delivers. Finally an answer for why
he lost his deific status.

Mind clarifying your opinion? Because not wasting two minutes every other invasion trying to locate your opponent seems like a solid plus to me.

Because when you invade you actually have a chance. You can use the large size to wait for help or use the enemies to your advantage. Using these tools to beat a three-man squad is so fun. If you want quick one on ones, you can join a fight club.

I do agree that many of the areas in DS3 are too large for invading, but the covenant levels are an open space. It's easy to find someone unless they are actively hiding.

Raw64life

I'm in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I've followed S
eigward
's questline perfectly up to this point, although I haven't seen him in the area yet. Do I have to find him before I can send G
reirat
to pillage or will S
eigward
save him automatically?

Timeaisis

Jesus Christ,
curing hollowing costs nearly 100K souls
. And I apparently screwed up on the
Anri questline by telling her where I found Horace
. "Oh, it's just cosmetic no harm in it." Why do I listen to you, GAF. Why.

I'm getting the bad ending now, aren't I? Not spending 100K. Doubt I could even accumulate that.

pa22word

Their needs to be mod that replaces the estus flasks with gatorade bottles.

If they're still being as asinine about mods as they were with Scholar I wouldn't count on it.

Scholar softbanned your ass for basically anything you did to it. There's already an image floating around out there were the game warned someone about using inputmapper that the game would ban them if they didn't cease using it.

I'm in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I've followed S
eigward
's questline perfectly up to this point, although I haven't seen him in the area yet. Do I have to find him before I can send G
reirat
to pillage or will S
eigward
save him automatically?

He's in one of the cells of Irityhll Dungeon. You have to rescue him there before sending Greirat to Irithyll, yes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Do you? I beat the Catacombs boss as well as the fire thing, I just didn't press further in Smoldering Lake, and went back to the Cathedral after my buddy told me how to get there.

Yes, you need to beat Cathedral to progress to the area post-Catacombs.

AlterOdin

This game is just so good! Just finished
Undead settlement, man got to be one, if not the, best designed leved in souls history. The quality to the quantity, multiple paths, intertwining shortcuts, bosses, etc. When I found the calamity ring and saw where I was, I got a real DS1 feeling, was great.

But man, met a real asshole of a invader in
"road of sacrifices"
, first treck of the area. I fight him got him against the rope, he runs, I got no choice to agro some mobs, fighting them and him the same time. This repeats a couple of times, even giant crab mob + mad phantom. After a hour of this, I finally got killed by a random "hollowed cleric". But then again, this is the randomness, dark-souls-esc feeling I love. I was an experience at least. Just salty that I "lost" :( :)

spyder_ur

I remember when Bloodborne came out there was a thread specifically for newcomers that was really helpful. I played BB, but is there anything similar for new players to Dark Souls? Or any recommended links?

Or should I just jump in and get dying?

The bosses in this game can't seem to handle a good melee build and an upgraded longsword. I think I'm on the final part, and there have been 2 bosses that have been a slight challenge for a blind playthrough. One of them was optional.

Do you? I beat the Catacombs boss as well as the fire thing, I just didn't press further in Smoldering Lake, and went back to the Cathedral after my buddy told me how to get there.

there's a silly little mcguffin from the catherdral's boss that allow passage into the area pass the catacombs. This is just FROM's way of making you go back and explore the big(and really cool) church area if you decided to do Farron Keep/Catacombs first.

The bosses in this game can't seem to handle a good melee build and an upgraded longsword. I think I'm on the final part, and there have been 2 bosses that have been a slight challenge for a blind playthrough. One of them was optional.

I think it must be a health thing. With high stamina/strength/upgraded Heavy longsword, you can demolish bosses real hard. Hell, I stunned a couple of the final bosses just with one handed attacks!

Can someone point me in the right direction? I don't know where to go next.

(Post major boss 2.)

I just got done beating the dude in Anor Londo. I can't remember his name, but now I don't have a clue where to go next. Should I purchase the 20k key?

Zocano

Jesus Christ,
curing hollowing costs nearly 100K souls
. And I apparently screwed up on the
Anri questline by telling her where I found Horace
. "Oh, it's just cosmetic no harm in it." Why do I listen to you, GAF. Why.

I'm getting the bad ending now, aren't I? Not spending 100K. Doubt I could even accumulate that.

There's a difference between curing hollowing and healing the dark sigil. Yuria sells you purge stones. Should read what they do.

Timeaisis

There's a difference between curing hollowing and healing the dark sigil. Yuria sells you purge stones. Should read what they do.

Sorry,that's what I meant.
I meant curing the sigil costs 100k
. Purging stones cost like 5k only, but are temporary from my understanding.

Raw64life

He's in one of the cells of Irityhll Dungeon. You have to rescue him there before sending Greirat to Irithyll, yes.

From what I'm reading, you can see him before he's in one of the cells...

After saving him from the well, he can be found in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, through a small sewer connected to the lake near the Distant Manor bonfire, resting by a fireplace.

What I'm wondering is, even if I haven't been to that bonfire yet and spoken with him, will he save G
reirat
if I send him?

pa22word

Can someone point me in the right direction? I don't know where to go next.

(Post major boss 2.)

I just got done beating the dude in Anor Londo. I can't remember his name, but now I don't have a clue where to go next. Should I purchase the 20k key?

Remember the gutter that led you to meet the amazing chest again? Go back there and instead of going into the tower keep going straight.

Hakkuei

Can someone tell me where the hell did
Anri run off to
in the Catacombs?

I found
(and killed) Horace, but now I can't find her. She said she'd drop some prism stones but the only one I saw was when I went back to her original location..

Found a nice farming area.

Endgame spoilers:
Warp to Twin Princes bonfire and wipe out the 4 red-eye Lothric Knights on the stairs outside. I'm using the Firelink Greatsword+5, a longbow to draw them out one at a time, the Shield of Want, and the Hornet and Silver Serpent rings.

I get ~23k every run which takes 3min, and they can drop Large Titanite Shards, Titanite Chunks, infusion gems, and Embers.

pa22word

Anri run off to
in the Catacombs?

I found
(and killed) Horace, but now I can't find her. She said she'd drop some prism stones but the only one I saw was when I went back to her original location..

Keep playing. He/she will show up eventually.

If Souls is sorta/kinda a berserk homage, i'd be fine with sci-fi Souls being a Blame! homage.

or just hire tsutomu nihei to design all the architecture.

WhiteWolf

I really want to use ultra greatswords, but I don't know if I should do a strength or a quality build. Which is better for UGS? Which UGS are better suited to each build?

Raw64life

Anri run off to
in the Catacombs?

I found

Go to the area where you cross a bridge and a bunch of skeletons come after to you. It's right before the boss of that area. Don't kill the boss yet or cross the bridge. There's a path to the right of the bridge (before you cross it). Anri is hanging out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom