• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucentto

Banned
The fucking input buffering in this game is so disgusting, I don't think I have ever had this much trouble with inputs in a Souls game before.

Can someone tell me where the hell did
Anri run off to
in the Catacombs?

I found
(and killed) Horace, but now I can't find her. She said she'd drop some prism stones but the only one I saw was when I went back to her original location..

Look for a path near the long bridge that you can collapse. It should be to the right.

What I'm wondering is, even if I haven't been to that bonfire yet and spoken with him, will he save G
reirat
if I send him?

To be honest,
I missed Siegward at the Cathedral and lost his questline as a result. I was just repeating what I'd heard from other players because I thought it was accurate. I didn't realize there was an extra location for him in Irithyll. I don't know if he will or not, but you might as well go talk to him first just in case.

saturnine

Because when you invade you actually have a chance. You can use the large size to wait for help or use the enemies to your advantage. Using these tools to beat a three-man squad is so fun. If you want quick one on ones, you can join a fight club.

I do agree that many of the areas in DS3 are too large for invading, but the covenant levels are an open space. It's easy to find someone unless they are actively hiding.

You say that like winning as an invader was impossible in the belfries? (Well, it was in SOTFS because of the godawful hacked npc summons, but vanilla was fine)

Using the enemies is nice on paper but any host+summons with a lick of sense will immediately fall back to a safer area. Then it's either facing a gank squad head on or waiting for reinforcements. If they arrive. Or waiting for them to move on, and try to ambush them, but the enemies are hardly dangerous against several people.

It honestly feels like they designed the area first and then decided to put a covenant there as an afterthought.

So I have access to both C
athedral of the
D
eep
and F
arron Keep.
Any recommendations on which I should explore/finish first? The second one looks annoying as fuck. I really wish From would get away from
poison swamps.
They seriously aren't fun. Most of my time is spent waiting for the bar to go away. Any gear recommendations for that area? (
like to make the poison bar go up slower or whatever
)

pa22word

athedral of the
D
eep
and F
arron Keep.
Any recommendations on which I should explore/finish first? The second one looks annoying as fuck. I really wish From would get away from
poison swamps.
They seriously aren't fun. Most of my time is spent waiting for the bar to go away. Any gear recommendations for that area? (
)

Do cathedral first. Doing it the other way around is just a waste of time.

charsace

Started a new character and going after the sunlight medals. People are just letting me kill the rotted great wood for them lol. And I am doing it with the pyro hand axe.

Grisby

Welp, I died after p
atches locked me in the firelink
tower. Now, he's not
at the door.
Is he gone for good?

yella

Otogi was great and I would love another but it should remain it's own thing IMO. Does Microsoft own the IP?

I'm ready for Sci Fi souls.

VZll66h.jpg

What's this picture from?

Rurunaki

Welp, I died after p
atches locked me in the firelink
tower. Now, he's not
at the door.
Is he gone for good?

He should be at the topmost right part of the firelink shrine.

Same level/side as the Giant Tree location at the end of that corridor.

jett

D-Member
I thought the Catacombs were bad, but this next area is the FUCKING WORST. Today I've learned I don't actually like cramped, claustrophobic spaces. If this place is mandatory, I feel like quitting on the game. I don't like this shit at all.

And what's the deal with the Catacombs boss?
First two times I fought him, no adds. Now, he spawns all sorts of skeletons! This is too fucking much.

Anyway, the area beneath
Smouldering Lakes is garbage. Where the fuck am I even.
I really wish these game had some narrative, like a SMIDGE at least. I have no idea where I am, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no idea why I'm doing it.

E92 M3

athedral of the
D
eep
and F
arron Keep.
poison swamps.
)

Poison is almost inconsequential in this game.

athedral of the
D
eep
and F
arron Keep.
poison swamps.
)

Have a dagger equipped in your second right hand weapon slot and use its weapon art. The weapon art for daggers is a really fast dodge that keeps its normal speed regardless of terrain, so it works wonders in the swamp. You'll be speeding around picking up everything relevant and be out of there in 10 minutes max.

Do cathedral first. Doing it the other way around is just a waste of time.

Ah okay, will do!

Poison is almost inconsequential in this game.

Meh, even still. Enough of those types of areas pls.

Have a dagger equipped in your second right hand weapon slot and use its weapon art. The weapon art for daggers is a really fast dodge that keeps its normal speed regardless of terrain, so it works wonders in the swamp. You'll be speeding around picking up everything relevant and be out of there in 10 minutes max.

Ah cool, thanks! Good tip. :)

Is it just me or is faith/lightning stuff really bad?

I'm playing through as a faith character (mostly using it to supplement melee) but I keep just ending up using pyromancy instead of miracles.

Minor item spoilers, so I'll tag this:

I have an Astora Straight Sword and basic Longsword upgraded to the same level - one is infused with Lightning and the other with Chaos - so far, the Chaos longsword just completely wrecks the Lightning sword damage-wise.

Also, lightning spear costs more FP than great chaos fire orb, but seems to do less damage on all enemies I've tested it on.

Has anyone else had this experience? It sucks because I want to be all cool and use miracles like Solaire (even have his armor) but I just can't justify it when pyromancy is so much better!

Doop

I thought the Catacombs were bad, but this next area is the FUCKING WORST. Today I've learned I don't actually like cramped, claustrophobic spaces. If this place is mandatory, I feel like quitting on the game. I don't like this shit at all.

And what's the deal with the Catacombs boss?
First two times I fought him, no adds. Now, he spawns all sorts of skeletons! This is too fucking much.

Anyway, the area beneath
Smouldering Lakes is garbage. Where the fuck am I even.
I really wish these game had some narrative, like a SMIDGE at least. I have no idea where I am, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no idea why I'm doing it.

It's not mandatory.

tookhster

I'm not the type of guy that usually complains about framerate, but I just encountered Blighttown levels of fuckery(possibly worse) late in the game
in Lothric Castle behind the secret wall where another one of those Ice Beasts are.

Was trying to fight it but I was moving in slow motion and my inputs were delayed. First time I encountered something that bad so far. On PS4.

Hakkuei

Go to the area where you cross a bridge and a bunch of skeletons come after to you. It's right before the boss of that area. Don't kill the boss yet or cross the bridge. There's a path to the right of the bridge (before you cross it). Anri is hanging out there.

Look for a path near the long bridge that you can collapse. It should be to the right.

Thanks. I already went there before talking to her for the first time, I guess the game doesn't expect you to.
I already crossed the bridge and killed the boss though, is there a problem?
I told her about the cave but my character didn't seem to want to tell her that Horace was dead lol.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I love it when people invade my game and all I have to do is alt+f4 to get rid of them. Thank you From Software for this glorious ability, to play the game the way I want to. Invaders are annoying.

Got invaded for the first time and got the shit trolled out of me. Came back to my game and invader was in front of me making dumb gestures and waiting for me.

I freak out and we start and then a Blue Sentinel bros comes to help me out. Well that went to shit because the invaded bodied the shit out of him and worked with the monsters in the area I was in to kill me all well.

I'm so mad right now.

End result: https://twitter.com/SliceSabre/status/721527463101272067

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love it when people invade my game and all I have to do is alt+f4 to get rid of them. Thank you From Software for this glorious ability, to play the game the way I want to. Invaders are annoying.

People have corrupted their saves by doing this, just FYI.

MilkBeard

Jesus Christ,
curing hollowing costs nearly 100K souls
. And I apparently screwed up on the
Anri questline by telling her where I found Horace
. "Oh, it's just cosmetic no harm in it." Why do I listen to you, GAF. Why.

I'm getting the bad ending now, aren't I? Not spending 100K. Doubt I could even accumulate that.

It doesn't matter if you tell her where he is, as long as you kill him before the timeframe ends for that part of the quest. i.e. don't kill Wolnir and move on. But i assume you've already gone beyond that point.

jett

D-Member
I only got invaded once (since I'm mostly always unkindled...). But thanks to the Covenant I got, a guy got summoned to help me (although he wasn't doing a very good job. :p) I ended up saving his ass. It was fun. Like I said, I don't bother with embers, so I don't think this is something I will be experiencing much.

btw can you dismantle weapons and get back the materials? I'm guessing no way. :p Is there a way to use weapons as upgrade materials? I have so much shit stored man. Useless.

finalflame

Hey guys, I just beat the
Dancer
of the
Boreal Valley.
Anyone mind telling me approximately how far into the game I am?

Raw64life

Will giving the Fire Keeper the
Fire Keeper Soul
mess up any of the Londor/Anri stuff?

Also still looking for an answer to this...

I'm in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
and I've followed S
eigward
's questline perfectly up to this point, although I haven't seen him in the area yet. Do I have to find him before I can send G
reirat
to pillage or will S
eigward
save him automatically?

Everyone keeps going on about so many mimics and what not... I'm up to the C
atacombs of
C
arthus
and I've found 3 chests up to this point in the game. Am I blind? Should I got back and do some harder snooping?

Got invaded for the first time and got the shit trolled out of me. Came back to my game and invader was in front of me making dumb gestures and waiting for me.

I freak out and we start and then a Blue Sentinel bros comes to help me out. Well that went to shit because the invaded bodied the shit out of him and worked with the monsters in the area I was in to kill me all well.

I'm so mad right now.

End result: https://twitter.com/SliceSabre/status/721527463101272067
How exactly do invaders work? This is my first Dark souls sorry.

I've been invading for about a half hour NG+ High Wall. On one of them, I accidentally killed 4 of the hosts summons and another invader. He just kept summoning new people. I ended up dying to the host. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom