• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoo

Pontif
is so much easier as a caster (pyro-melee hybrid), especially if you great chaos fire orb as
he summons his shade.
. It's a great spot to farm sunlight medals, so many people summoning.

With a shield I found that fight extremely easy. None of his combos would actually sap my stamina entirely so it was as simple as circling around him, hitting him, wash rinse repeat.

I did really like the fight though. Awesome character/design/moveset.

Auctopus

Thanks, seems having a shield isnt worth it so ill probably go without for the fight to lower my weight a bit. Guess i better jump right back in.

Keep at it, my "one more try" was my winning go. It also just after a very angry rant to GAF.

One more thing is,
in the second phase, he might leave some twinkling lights in the air. These will be "dead" until he resurfaces at which point they will home in on you again.

SDCowboy

So I think the game has hit a point where it's just too difficult for me. The difficulty curve is so extreme after
Abyss Watchers
, that now I'm pretty much just bolting straight from bonfire to bonfire. I mean there's areas now where there's like 2-3 knights all together, with archers above raining down arrows, and a caster nuking the area all in the same immediate spot. I mean come on. lol I was loving the game up to recently though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Im inclined to believe the patch today was something being worked on before release.

Kaibutsu

Still no answer to my S
irris question
about is there a way to reverse her hostility after I joined the R
osria's Fingers covenant & gave them a pale tongue
? Was hoping maybe I could go to the statue and have my sins forgiven? Also I just beat the D
eacons of the Deep.
Wow, may be seriously the easiest boss I've ever fought in a Souls game

knitoe

Still no answer to my S
irris question
? Was hoping maybe I could go to the statue and have my sins forgiven? Also I just beat the D[spoilers]eacons of the Deep.[/spoiler] Wow, may be seriously the easiest boss I've ever fought in a Souls game

Nope. Giving a pale tongue ends her questline.

Big Brett

Something is so satisfying about killing a boss solo first try when I've read so much shit about how hard it is. It's almost better than the grind.

I'm talking about
Champion Gundyr
Late game optional boss.

I dunno maybe I'm just
fucking awesome.

/s

E92 M3

Still no answer to my S
irris question
? Was hoping maybe I could go to the statue and have my sins forgiven? Also I just beat the D
eacons of the Deep.
Wow, may be seriously the easiest boss I've ever fought in a Souls game

There is not

Mupod

So I think the game has hit a point where it's just too difficult for me. The difficulty curve is so extreme after
Abyss Watchers
, that now I'm pretty much just bolting straight from bonfire to bonfire. I mean there's areas now where there's like 2-3 knights all together, with archers above raining down arrows, and a caster nuking the area all in the same immediate spot. I mean come on. lol I was loving the game up to recently though.

try ranged battle

but seriously investing some upgrade material into my bow was a great decision. They actually hit pretty hard and with headshots I can two shot most non-beefy enemies (the type that tend to be shooting at you or hiding). And more importantly when I stay back and zoom in I'm more likely to notice dudes lurking around for ambushes. Very very helpful in the
Cathedral

cyba89

D
ragonslayer Armor
is down and I'm attempting the C
onsumed King
now. I feel I'm getting close to the end.

I just beat the second lord of cinder and I don't think I've seen an NPC since undead settlement. Pretty sure i'm gonna not finish a single side quest this playthrough lol

Abyss Watchers

Funnily enough I had the exact same issue and I just finished my second run clocking in at 7 hours at lv 50. The encounter design for most of the game is freaking awful IMO. Bosses are fun but most areas have something that is largely bullshit at some point and it becomes much safer to just run by them.

I think the area just before that boss was actually where I started that. I don't remember having the issue in anywhere but one room in BB and a couple enemy placements in DS2. It's completely turned me off from doing a third run or ng+

The end of the fire, killing the firekeeper in the end?

I still can't work out what that ending is supposed to imply. Like, she's dead but the flame has been kindled again so congrats? She even says killing her won't actually kill her.

Leezard

So, if I join the covenant and never give a pale tongue, my questline with her is a still safe?

I joined the covenant, equipped the covenant item but never gave a pale tongue. She hasn't become hostile to me and called me a "gentle soul". Probably safe.

This game actually made me break my streak of not summoning anyone else for help with a boss.

FUCKING
PONTIFF SULYVAHN

Last time I summoned someone for help in a From game was like 4 years ago when I was playing through Dark souls for the second or third time and needed help with O&S.

EDIT: Even managed to beat the goddamn
dancer of the boreal valley
on my own but not the stupid
Pontiff

Don't know why dark Souls 3 seems more forgiving with fat rolls. I'm at a bit over 50% wait and I'm still rolling like there's no tomorrow. I mean I'm going out of my way to only wear light armor, but still.

Sullichin

Don't know why dark Souls 3 seems more forgiving with fat rolls. I'm at a bit over 50% wait and I'm still rolling like there's no tomorrow. I mean I'm going out of my way to only wear light armor, but still.

You don't actually "fat roll" until you hit over 70% equip load.

Doesn't really seem worth it to go for say, 35% weight over 69.9%.

Now at
Yhorn
and
that two bladed dude in the church
, both being a pain in the ass.
Both are a pain in the ass and died a few times, time for a break til tomorrow.

SDCowboy

Funnily enough I had the exact same issue and I just finished my second run clocking in at 7 hours at lv 50. The encounter design for most of the game is freaking awful IMO. Bosses are fun but most areas have something that is largely bullshit at some point and it becomes much safer to just run by them.

I think the area just before that boss was actually where I started that. I don't remember having the issue in anywhere but one room in BB and a couple enemy placements in DS2. It's completely turned me off from doing a third run or ng+

Exactly. Before that, the areas were what I expect from a souls game. Mostly trash mobs with the occasional beefy mob (like knights) roaming around. Then there is a sudden and ludicrous difficulty spike and it's like almost all tough mobs, and in large numbers, with just occasional normal enemies around. It's made the game feel tedious to me now as I either need to take the long amount of time to kill said tougher mobs (and likely die) or just bolt past them to just move on.

dubq

So is the ring that lets you keep your souls after dying a one-time use thing that can't be repaired anymore? I just noticed mine was gone... =\

Fat roll is at 70%.
I get that, but I'm talking about overall rolling. I could have sworn that different percentages of weight classes gave you different rolls. Maybe I'm not getting the best rolls but I haven't pumped THAT many points into stamina and I can dodge continuously for way too often without getting tired.

ogbg

I get that, but I'm talking about overall rolling. I could have sworn that different percentages of weight classes gave you different rolls. Maybe I'm not getting the best rolls but I haven't pumped THAT many points into stamina and I can dodge continuously for way too often without getting tired.

The way it works is 70+ is fat roll, 30-70 is 'mid roll', 0-30 is 'fast roll'. The only difference between 'fast' and 'mid' is that fast gives you roughly 15% extra roll distance. There is little to no difference in the range between 30 and 70 and stamina recovery is the same between 0 and 70.

Kusagari

So is the ring that lets you keep your souls after dying a one-time use thing that can't be repaired anymore? I just noticed mine was gone... =\

It was the right thing to do. Everyone I know abused the shit out of in 2. Never had to worry about losing souls.

Maybesew

Now at
Yhorn
and
that two bladed dude in the church
, both being a pain in the ass.
Both are a pain in the ass and died a few times, time for a break til tomorrow.

Yhorn
is a gimmick fight. Not sure if you are summoning or not, but there is a way to make the fight trivial. I collected about 20 sunlight medalions in a short amount of time helping people with him.

Mutombo

Anyone? Decent DEX builds?

Just, for shits n giggles, made a +7 shotel and tried spamming r1 on one of those lothric castle knights. Those knights are tough. When they have their shields up you miss the first hit, but the second one hits "because of the shape of the shotel". I have a lot of stamina, so every enemy with a shield will suffer my R1 spam from now on.

Damage wise; Ive only got 20 dex infused it with sharp at +7 for B scaling. Might get to A at +10.

oh and I LOVE the way the weapon art looks.

I'm going to try and farm for the cartus shotel and see how that one fares.

Yeah kinda lame, actually. The roll at 69.9% is way too fast and long. That should be the 35.1%-49.9% roll imo, with something slower and shorter for 50.1%-69.9%. Was really surprised when I saw I was at 68% still being able to roll that well.

Chorazin

The way it works is 70+ is fat roll, 30-70 is 'mid roll', 0-30 is 'fast roll'. The only difference between 'fast' and 'mid' is that fast gives you roughly 15% extra roll distance. There is little to no difference in the range between 30 and 70 and stamina recovery is the same between 0 and 70.

Really? Fuck, I've been keeping mine at sub-50% thinking it would help. TIME TO ARMOR UP WHEN I GET HOME!!!

:-D

GulAtiCa

Thanks everyone. Glad I'm still safe with Sirris.

I did kinda mess up the Irina it seems, but mostly had her enter a new path. Nut I need to buy every spell, oh well. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom