• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phased

Anybody else has completely broken online? For the last two days I had almost zero sucessful invasions or being summoned or even seen summon signs. Messages still show up fine and my messages keep getting rated... It's not because of leveling since i'm well within on the parameters of the places I want to invade or be summoned in...

I had a few issues last night trying to do coop to earn some Embers. The Host would enter the fight but I never got the "Critical Battle Started" prompt so i couldn't enter the boss fight and help.

Other than that online seems ok to me. I'm in Blue Sentinels covenant and I get summoned to help people all of the damn time.

So i think ive finished the main game?
Beat S
oul of
C
inder
and all ive got left is to
link the fire
is there anything i should do before this?

Sullichin

(returning weapon) Melted the last few bosses with
Black Knight Greataxe
. Thing is back to its former glory after its dissapointing appeerance in DS2. It kicks ass in PVP too. My AR is like 690+ with the warcry skill active.

Fucking love this weapon!

When my max weapon was +7 (and that one that takes Twinkling at +3), I had so many bosses open for me for coop. Basically everything from
Pontif Sulyvan
and onward.

I wonder what bosses I'll be able to coop with a maxed weapon at like level 84 besides the last one :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I had a few issues last night trying to do coop to earn some Embers. The Host would enter the fight but I never got the "Critical Battle Started" prompt so i couldn't enter the boss fight and help.

Other than that online seems ok to me. I'm in Blue Sentinels covenant and I get summoned to help people all of the damn time.

This never happens for me. Do I need to change something in the online settings?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Surely that's a buff for the BK greatsword and not the regular BK sword?
If so regular BK sword has a crazy AR now!

The regular BK Sword is a greatsword and the BK Greatsword is an Ultra great. Confusing, I know.

It's nice to see my BK sword (yeah, confusing naming) actually doing a good chunk more damage than my longsword. I can't be sure, but it also seems to be doing more poise damage on the enemies I tested it on. Curious.

Zeliard

(returning weapon) Melted the last few bosses with
Black Knight Greataxe
. Thing is back to its former glory after its dissapointing appeerance in DS2. It kicks ass in PVP too. My AR is like 690+ with the warcry skill active.

Fucking love this weapon!

When my max weapon was +7 (and that one that takes Twinkling at +3), I had so many bosses open for me for coop. Basically everything from
Pontif Sulyvan
and onward.

I wonder what bosses I'll be able to coop with a maxed weapon at like level 84 besides the last one :(

Yeah I've been very careful about upgrading my weapons to keep within level ranges for the online stuff. I had it at a max of +5 for a long time, and now it's still just at +7 in the end game.

Overall I've had a ton of success with the online modes, especially relative to some of the people who've had terrible luck with it. I invade relatively quickly, especially w/ AF, I'm summoned for co-op at a good clip through Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon/white soapstone. By the time I even got to Darkmoon I had like 50 of the currency from being summoned as Blue Sentinel so often.

I can still be summoned for mid-game bosses and areas since my SL is also relatively low at 50, and +7 lets me match up with +5s who only need a couple Large Titanite Shards (this includes bosses like A
byss
W
alkers
).

skyboss

i spend 20K souls for the tower key, and found
the fire keeper soul, then give to the lady in firelink shine, whats next? nothing happen

dancer felt kinda harder than beta. i died a lot, lol. or my character sucks or i suck harder now. cool, but brutal. also i think i'm still not used to this games input lag....

Goddamn, (late game optional boss)
the Nameless King
is fucking ruthless. I've beaten him as a summon but can't for the life of me beat this guy in my own World.

i spend 20K souls for the tower key, and found
the fire keeper soul, then give to the lady in firelink shine, whats next? nothing happen
Did you find that
pilgrim
in Undead Settlement? He offers you a "service" which can
mess things up.

If you gave her the fire keeper soul then she can
"fix you"
. I tried to be as vague as possible without spoiling lol.

nkarafo

Ok this game has some annoying features that can look like a bug/glitch

I noticed that my character doesn't cast a shadow anymore. At first, i thought it was a glitch. But later on i discovered that it might have to do with your
hollowing level
after you do a certain thing. It's pretty fascinating how cryptic the game can be at times.

Defuser

Why are people dueling in the
kiln
? Anybody can roll off the map and it's a cramped slope. Can't people pick places with a big flat surface?

Sullichin

Yeah I've been very careful about upgrading my weapons to keep within level ranges for the online stuff. I had it at a max of +5 for a long time, and now it's still just at +7 in the end game.

Overall I've had a ton of success with the online modes, especially relative to some of the people who've had terrible luck with it. I invade relatively quickly, especially w/ AF, I'm summoned for co-op at a good clip through Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon/white soapstone. By the time I even got to Darkmoon I had like 50 of the currency from being summoned as Blue Sentinel so often.

I can still be summoned for mid-game bosses and areas since my SL is also relatively low at 50, and +7 lets me match up with +5s who only need a couple Large Titanite Shards (this includes bosses like A
byss
W
alkers
).

+5 people can match with +7?

Yeah, when I was at +7 I seriously had like ten bosses I could coop reliably and still feel powerful in PVE. Made it all the way to the end, and helped a ton of people so I decided to move on and upgrade my BKGA because I couldn't help myself. But now I want to go back!
Can I match up with people who are in NG+?

vladisaac

23 hours in and arrived at I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley, before the boss of the area
. Starting to get tired of the underground areas, hopefully there won't be much afterwards in the rest of the games (
well, discovered the entrance of Irithyll Dungeon so...
).

Not quite satisfied with a pyromancy build for now, I find the casting time too slow to be useful/efficient (using magic/pyromancy only on rare occasions). Yup, I equipped the ring which decreases cast time, but since ennemies are more fast/aggressive in DS3, I find it's quite impracticable. I think I would have enjoyed the game more with a physical attack oriented build.

How do you raise the bridge in
Cathedral of the Deep? I have two of them raised, the one by the giant, and the one that seems to go nowhere. I want to raise the third one, the one that Trusty Patches tricks you into going across and then lowers it. I simply can't find the level anywhere! I knew he sounded different when I talked to him ;)

Oh god yes. With how unpredictable some enemies can get with their moves, it's so damn hard to roll and be aggresive without getting punished.

That plus how finnicky the lock on system is. It's just ruining some of my enjoyment with the game.

I just got to a Knight plus healer combo that took longer then it should have because rolls being weird combined with the enemy having almost no downtime... Jesus.

He'd turn around before my roll finished. :/

Sullichin

The regular BK Sword is a greatsword and the BK Greatsword is an Ultra great. Confusing, I know.

Oh right that's true. Was comparing that AR with the Dark Sword (which is crazy good) and thought it looked reaaally high.

Yoshican, if you're still looking for good dex weapons try the Pontiff Scythe, A dex scaling. It's pretty sweet.

Zeliard

+5 people can match with +7?

Yeah, when I was at +7 I seriously had like ten bosses I could coop reliably and still feel powerful in PVE. Made it all the way to the end, and helped a ton of people so I decided to move on and upgrade my BKGA because I couldn't help myself. But now I want to go back!
Can I match up with people who are in NG+?

If this is accurate:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

At +7, you can also be matched up with people who have +10 titanite/+5 special upgrades.

No idea about the NG+ thing.

skyboss

Did you find that
pilgrim
in Undead Settlement? He offers you a "service" which can
mess things up.

If you gave her the fire keeper soul then she can
"fix you"
. I tried to be as vague as possible without spoiling lol.

yep I found it, but from the beginning
i felt its not right, he level up me for free.,
do you recommend me,
that she fix me? the pilgrim is like the guy in DS1 that kill everyone in firelinkshine?
thanks

Are there vendors/smiths in the world or is this more in line with BB where everything is done in Firelink? Also I assume it's yes but do the npcs relocate to Firelink because it's kinda empty for such a large area in the beginning.

Caja 117

Yesterday I reached
Watcher of the Abyss
I just loved that boss, ended up wining after some help in coop, and decided to proceed to the catacombs, I liked the level design to it, and while walking I reached an area with a boss
Holy crap how the fight starts as everything is dark except an item, and when you go and grab it, and right out of the shadows this giant skeleton king comes out, that moment right there I never felt anything like this before while playing video game it was just intense, he ended up killing me, so Tonight I will gather my strength and fight him again or just coop..

DeaDPo0L84

Password matchmaking is a joke,it very rarely works. Yet as soon as I take the password off I'm summoned almost immediately. Making playing with friends near impossible.

yep I found it, but from the beginning
i felt its not right, he level up me for free.,
do you recommend me,
that she fix me? the pilgrim is like the guy in DS1 that kill everyone in firelinkshine?
thanks
You might've noticed that your character's gone
Hollow
, just like in DkS1.

Apparently, this has an effect on how the game plays out,
Story wise
, so you might want to fix it. The cost for
fixing it is the same as the amount of souls you didn't have to spend while levelling up.

You don't have to, it's optional tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom