• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

(Late-game) L
othric
C
astle
is full of motherfuckers so far. Almost every encounter here has the potential to fuck you up if you make a mistake. The hidden area off the beaten path at the beginning here is even worse. Gitting gud has become mandatory.

Run past it and hide in a rock outcropping to the left. The Ballista will aim at you but hit the worm.

Sure:
Facing him, run behind him and go up the hill to the right. Shoot him a lot. He never hits you there, doesn't even look at you. There is also a Bonfire there.

If you want an easy way to cheese it, there's a path leading away from the boss door (to the right if you have your back to the boss door) where you can stand behind some rocks and let
the giant arrows
kill the
giant worm
for you without either one being able to damage you.

Quickly pass behind it until you got to some lower ground where the spears can't hit you, the spears will kill the worm for you
:D

Thanks! He's dead now haha

Rizific

Quick question, is there a way to play online without the possibility of being invaded? Iirc you can only be invaded when kindled, is that right?

Riposte

There is an area that's a better version of Latria and a boss that's a better version than Old King Doran.

Feels like they are pulling from all of the Souls games in terms of tone.

thefil

Finished my first playthrough last night. Incredible. My favorite Souls game. I'll be rocking PvP for YEARS, just like I did in OG Dark Souls.

So, diving right into NG+ the minute I get home, and I have two questions:

1- How's the the NG+ difficulty? I've heard it compared with OG Dark Souls NG+, with a large difficulty spike beginning around Farron Keep.

2- How is the Firelink Greatsword? Viable for a 40str 40dex quality build?

I am seven bosses into NG+ and it is crazy easy. I haven't really been exploring, but it doesn't seem like there are any new enemies in the way to bosses either. I did find one new mimic.

Late Flag

Man I am having the worst time clearing out those big crabs in the swamp. Is there any effective way to take them out other than ranged cheesing?

Whacking their legs and the egg sack (?) under them seems to mess them up pretty good. Mainly it's an issue of dodge-rolling past the first couple of attacks and then going to town on their legs. I find that they tend to get stunned and just sit there helplessly by the time I get them down to 1/3 health.

Or just target their weak spot for massive damage. Ha ha. Nobody has been clever enough to use that line before.

Finished my first playthrough last night. Incredible. My favorite Souls game. I'll be rocking PvP for YEARS, just like I did in OG Dark Souls.

So, diving right into NG+ the minute I get home, and I have two questions:

1- How's the the NG+ difficulty? I've heard it compared with OG Dark Souls NG+, with a large difficulty spike beginning around Farron Keep.

2- How is the Firelink Greatsword? Viable for a 40str 40dex quality build?

Anyone? :)

EDIT: Nevermind!

Quick question, is there a way to play online without the possibility of being invaded? Iirc you can only be invaded when kindled, is that right?
Being kindled will allow you to be invaded, but having someone summoned to help you greatly increases the odds. Don't think I've been invaded other than by NPCs while by myself. (other than the two areas with covenants associated with them.)

sora87

I'm starting to question if I can be bothered going for the
3rd
ending, I can't get close to the
consumed king and do enough damage before he's off to the other side of the room,
super annoying boss

I am seven bosses into NG+ and it is crazy easy. I haven't really been exploring, but it doesn't seem like there are any new enemies in the way to bosses either. I did find one new mimic.

That's a bit disappointing. But then again, I don't remember Souls 1 NG+ being incredibly difficult, either.

Man I am having the worst time clearing out those big crabs in the swamp. Is there any effective way to take them out other than ranged cheesing?

Go behind a tree, and wait for it to shot water, repeat 3 times
Tanky one in the next area has like 5times more health, was only way I could beat it

I hear fire uchi is pretty useful can someone confirm? I'm using the regular one right now and Id like a decent dex scaling weapon. Maybe I'll make the ice scythe sharp or something.

Is there a trick to killing the transforming zombies in the first area? I figured out you can kill them before they transform... but if they transform I'm done for.

Keep an eye on which one does the transforming first time around if it happens. After, just bum-rush the offender and put him down before he can transform, the window is large enough for it to work, just be stealthy at first.

Firebombs will make short work of them as well.

thefil

That's a bit disappointing. But then again, I don't remember Souls 1 NG+ being incredibly difficult, either.

I only ever tried DS2 NG+ and it was so hard because you had to deal with red phantoms on the way to every boss and couldn't just juke past them since no fog hate invincibility. This is a cakewalk in comparison, beat every boss except W
olnir
first try.

Being kindled will allow you to be invaded, but having someone summoned to help you greatly increases the odds. Don't think I've been invaded other than by NPCs while by myself. (other than the two areas with covenants associated with them.)

You must be really lucky, as soon as I enter ember state I'm getting invaded like a cheap prostitute.

TitusTroy

I just defeated
Twin Princes
and I don't know where to go next...someone told me to go to Firelink Shrine and talk to the firekeeper but she gives her usual speech and doesn't mention anything about a final boss...where do I go?...or did I miss something earlier in the game?

Respect

Yeah, about 90% of my invasions have been with at least one person summoned. Rarely when I invade is there just the host by themselves.

I only ever tried DS2 NG+ and it was so hard because you had to deal with red phantoms on the way to every boss and couldn't just juke past them since no fog hate invincibility. This is a cakewalk in comparison, beat every boss except W
olnir
first try.

I actually disliked the red phantoms deal in DS2 NG+. It felt artificial and silly to me.

Kusagari

I just defeated
Twin Princes
and I don't know where to go next...someone told me to go to Firelink Shrine and talk to the firekeeper but she gives her usual speech and doesn't mention anything about a final boss...where do I go?...or did I miss something earlier in the game?

Did you put the lord souls on their thrones?

I just defeated
Twin Princes

Have a look at the thrones.

You must be really lucky, as soon as I enter ember state I'm getting invaded like a cheap prostitute.

post-
pontiff sulyvan
area...you can't get across that first field without getting invaded.

can't say I've felt too good about PVP. lots of jank and lag. do people really take it seriously? Maybe it's better on console.

Is there a trick to killing the transforming zombies in the first area? I figured out you can kill them before they transform... but if they transform I'm done for.

They're week again fire. Use Torch on them to stagger then attack, remember to fall back because they will get crazy again then repeat until they die. And you should kill them while they're in transformation mode because they will give you upgrade items (not if you kill them before they transform)

I like this game a lot but trying to summon someone is almost impossible.

Also,
skeletons
were attacking me while talking to
Anri of Astora
, so when a blow landed on
her
, the game acted like I had attacked so now that quest line is ruined.

Juraash

So another question for people as I'm plugging away through my first run on DS3.

I've been working towards the
Usurp the Fire ending. I made sure to draw out all 5 levels from the pilgrim and I spoke with Anri the first time.

That said, I killed the Watchers before doing the Cathedral. Did I break the sequence and Bork my shot at this ending? I haven't moved on to the area immediately after the Watchers yet though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Catacombs
are kicking my ass. Those
red eye skeletons
don't seem to abide by the game rules. Fuck you I'm fast, strong and have infinite stamina and oh by the way, I might come back to life too! Someone needs a dick kick

Brohan

Catacombs
red eye skeletons
don't seem to abide by the game rules. Fuck you I'm fast, strong and have infinite stamina and oh by the way, I might come back to life too! Someone needs a dick kick

Running throught hat area with a Blessed Claymore makes it a cakewalk. One hit and they crumble and they have to try and get themselves back together again.

Catacombs
red eye skeletons
There are two ways to know if an opponent is going to come back to life.

(1)
Their eyes will have a greyish light in their first life. Noticeable if you're looking for it. If they have that light, that makes they're going to respawn when they die the first time.

(2)
You don't get any souls when they die the first time.

Plum

Any tips on killing the
Dragons
in L
othric
C
astle
? There must be a way to do it melee but I can't figure out how.

MrHoot

The Princes
fight might be my favorite fight in the series by a mile.

img_show.jpg

I loved the
prince fight. Hectic but interesting and once you figure out the tells it's a freaking amazing fight.

Also I think i'm gonna invest a bit in the big ass glory shield and try some bosses by forsaking rolling and just banking on super high stability and resists

Any tips on killing the
Dragons
in L
othric
C
astle
There are specific spots that you can reach farther into the area where they have exposed bits. Attack those and they'll go down really quickly. They are within melee range as well.

taybul

Any tips on killing the
Dragons
in L
othric
C
astle

You have to run through into the building under the dragon on the right. From here there's a room where you'll see his claw in the open. Attack it and something comes out. I think they stop attacking after that, even without killing the demon first. Kind of sad actually.

Plum

You can get into a building underneath one, then run across the courtyard. You might get hit by the fire, but it shouldn't kill you. Explore from there.

Yeah I've just
unlocked the gate to the bit with the knights
and I remember seeing something strange in the room before.

There are specific spots that you can reach farther into the area where they have exposed bits. Attack those and they'll go down really quickly. They are within melee range as well.

Thanks! I'll try that now.

Plum

You have to run through into the building under the dragon on the right. From here there's a room where you'll see his claw in the open. Attack it and something comes out. I think they stop attacking after that, even without killing the demon first. Kind of sad actually.

Sounds like the Firebombs I've got and never used are just for this occasion. Thanks!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There are two ways to know if an opponent is going to come back to life.

(1)
Their eyes will have a greyish light in their first life. Noticeable if you're looking for it. If they have that light, that makes they're going to respawn when they die the first time.

(2)
You don't get any souls when they die the first time.

Yeah, I figured out number 2 last night. The area takes a lot of patience and I still haven't gotten to the 1st proper bonfire.
Closest I got was I cleared the area with all of the dark attack pots, there were a couple of red eyes there. I killed them and then saw there were two more further down a corridor. I used an arrow to pull one and since they turn invisible when chasing you, I'm hauling ass back to where I came from....

not paying attention to where I was running on......

or what I was gonna step on......

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

The words I said afterward would get me banned from here for a good while. I mad tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom