• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robiin

Only visiting this thread when I need help, trying to beat the game as blind as possible, but I allow myself to ask questions here.

So, GAF, I am
hollow
as fuck at the moment, and now someone called
Yuria
has appeared and praises me a lot, but she seems really dark. Gave the tomb she sold to the
miracle
merchant and she complained about them being dark tales. So, am I fucked? An option has appeared at the Maiden in Black (what's her name? Fire Keeper something..?) to give her the Fire Keeper soul I found at the top of the bell tower. Should I? Or does it have another use?

Playing this game blind is so scary. Making progress is really slow, but it's fun. But these kind of things are left really unexplained.

AlanOC91

Fuck sake. Encountered a cheater invader in the woods. Floating around and hp regen. Fuck sake. Why must idiots insist on doing this stupid crap.

KingKong

So what do you guys think was the hardest enemies? For me it's absolutely the transforming monsters, the only ones I ended up cheesing with fire bombs. Thankfully there's only like 5 of them in the entire game

Sullichin

If this is accurate:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

At +7, you can also be matched up with people who have +10 titanite/+5 special upgrades.

No idea about the NG+ thing.

Thank you!
So at +10 can I be matched with someone who only has +7?
Or only the other way around?
Will try some earlier bosses later to test this out.

I'm guessing twinking infused weapons follow the same rules but the upgrade level is *2 (ie a Twinkling+3 weapon is the same as a +6 regular weapon)

Sullichin

Fuck sake. Encountered a cheater invader in the woods. Floating around and hp regen. Fuck sake. Why must idiots insist on doing this stupid crap.

He may very well have been cheating, but sometimes the connection is just so ass that you can't even see other players animate. I've also been put into games where me and another summon don't take any damage from the boss and I can't see anyone else attacking and they just slide around.

So what do you guys think was the hardest enemies? For me it's absolutely the transforming monsters, the only ones I ended up cheesing with fire bombs. Thankfully there's only like 5 of them in the entire game
YUP THOSE ASSHOLES.

Also the
limbs in cages
from undead settlement. Maybe if you have a far reaching sword then it's ok but if you're using the sellsword twinblades, you are out of luck.

The
throwable kukris
were invaluable against those fuckers.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What level should you be to fight the
Dancer of the Borreal Valley?

I'm currently on level 41 and I'm thinking about
fighting him early by killing Emma because I really want those swords

Chorazin

Only visiting this thread when I need help, trying to beat the game as blind as possible, but I allow myself to ask questions here.

So, GAF, I am
hollow
as fuck at the moment, and now someone called
Yuria
has appeared and praises me a lot, but she seems really dark. Gave the tomb she sold to the
miracle
merchant and she complained about them being dark tales. So, am I fucked? An option has appeared at the Maiden in Black (what's her name? Fire Keeper something..?) to give her the Fire Keeper soul I found at the top of the bell tower. Should I? Or does it have another use?

Playing this game blind is so scary. Making progress is really slow, but it's fun. But these kind of things are left really unexplained.

Yup, just give that to her.

Ok, here's the score with
Yuria
:
So, did you take your boy up on those "free" levels? Did you get 5 of them and now he's dead? You're on the road to the Hollow ending, but if you're doing the rest of the game blind, you'll probably never stumble on that ending by yourself, it's convoluted as shit. If you want to clear yourself of those free levels, you'll have to pay the Firekeeper after you give her the soul.

As for The Nun,
giving her the books doesn't really hurt her one way or another. BUYING the miracles she learned from them does. You can give her all the dark tomes and buy only the good ones to get her best outcome. Buy all the dark to get a neat outcome where her Knight protector kidnaps her to get her away from you. Don't do either and she eventually dies, leaving the books there for you to give to the other Miracle vendor.

Okay now this game is ridiculous. Yeah, let's put some fast Bloodborne crap in this game. Have fun while dealing with a much slower combat system. Makes total sense.

-_-

What level should you be to fight the
Dancer of the Borreal Valley?

I'm currently on level 41 and I'm thinking about
fighting him early by killing Emma because I really want those swords
Not worth it.
Those swords aren't that good right now.

Around 50+ would be the safer option.

He may very well have been cheating, but sometimes the connection is just so ass that you can't even see other players animate. I've also been put into games where me and another summon don't take any damage from the boss and I can't see anyone else attacking and they just slide around.

Well that would answer something. I had this happen in a fight yesterday and I thought the player may be cheating. You're right about the animation too, I've completely abandoned the PvP since you can't fight when neither of you can see what the other is doing.

Neoweee

Anyone? Decent DEX builds?

DEX is in a really odd place. Even if there were weapons that had good move sets, damage, and stagger, point-for-point STR also gives you more damage reduction, gives you access to shields as a side effect, and gives you additional damage output when two-handing things. And getting sub 30% for the better roll is a very marginal improvement and actually requires a lot of sacrifices to get that light.

Bleed-based fast with Luck seems to be the most interesting DEX builds right now.

Uthred

Nice to see GS get a solid buff. I hope the next patch buffs sorcery a bit, even a casting speed increase would go a long way. As it is you have less estus available for healing and less ring slots available for survivability just to get sorcery to a point where you still wonder "Why dont I just use a bow?" How's Faith in this? (Probably not the glory days of pre-patch DS2 lighting spear I imagine ;) )

Sullichin

Well that would answer something. I had this happen in a fight yesterday and I thought the player may be cheating. You're right about the animation too, I've completely abandoned the PvP since you can't fight when neither of you can see what the other is doing.

If I'm summoned and i see the host glide into the boss room without their feet animating, I just black crystal out because that's gonna happen again.

AlanOC91

My brother said that to me at first so I just stood around but I attacked him a few times without him moving and his hp would go down and instantly jump to the top. He could also continously walk into me dealing tons of "small" damage at a time. While also attacking in normal animations if he wanted to.

Super frustrating. I eventually just stopped and let him kill me.

Zeliard

Thank you!
So at +10 can I be matched with someone who only has +7?
Or only the other way around?
Will try some earlier bosses later to test this out.

I'm guessing twinking infused weapons follow the same rules but the upgrade level is *2 (ie a Twinkling+3 weapon is the same as a +6 regular weapon)

As I understand it, if you've fully upgraded a weapon, you can be matched with people who have +7 and above.

So being at +7 does put you at risk in PvP scenarios of being placed against people with fully upgraded weapons, especially in the late game areas.

And yeah I think your last point is correct, since those only go up to +5.

Yeah as beautiful as it is the first section of I
rithyll
sucks. Finally got to the second bonfire and everything I've seen since is cool, but having a straight path where you're just supposed to make it through group after group of bullshit is super annoying

Shadow enemies are fun though and keep catching me off guard, really enjoying that stuff. They're annoying but very easy to kill so it balances itself out

Seriously, how do I leave the
Pit of Hollows? Got carried here by some dude.

The dude you meet there should give you a homeward bone.

But if you're somehow out of homeward bones there is another way. I exited the game via the menu in that location to stop playing for the night, and when I came back the next day, I was in the area where you meet the cage guy when the game loaded up.

The Princes
fight might be my favorite fight in the series by a mile.

img_show.jpg

Got two questions..

1. What's a good strength scaling weapon that can also be infused and doesn't look fucking boring (I know that's opinion here but hey)?

I scaled up Strength like a maniac to rock that Butcher Knife only to find out it can't be infused and its damage sucks compared to my infused weapons. Damn.

2. What's a good weapon to infuse with poison, really like the idea of that.

Sullichin

As I understand it, if you've fully upgraded a weapon, you can be matched with people who have +7 and above.

So being at +7 does put you at risk in PvP scenarios of being placed against people with fully upgraded weapons, especially in the late game areas.

And yeah I think your last point is correct, since those only go up to +5.

Sounds good. I am glad I can still theoretically match with +7's because that opens up a lot of bosses for coop still.

AlanOC91

By the way was I wrong in thinking I could summon more than 2 people like in SOTFS? Summon signs disappear after summoning my second. I heard it was the same new system of up to 6.

Guys quick question about S
moldering
L
ake
. How am I supposed to get items that are in Lava?

You could boost your fire resistance via consumables (red bug pellet), pyromancies (flash sweat/profuse sweat), and switching to your highest fire resistant armor, but even all that will only slightly help.

Best thing to do is just chug estus as you walk. I got every item in there just chugging estus and running.

tesqui

I'm loving this game, but the one thing that disappoints me is the hub area music. It's so forgettable compared to the first two games. (Near End-Game Spoilers:
Although the alt music that unlocks when you give fire keeper a certain item is way better
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom