• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way was I wrong in thinking I could summon more than 2 people like in SOTFS? Summon signs disappear after summoning my second. I heard it was the same new system of up to 6.

My understanding is that you need to use a dried fingers item to increase the max number of summons to three. However, it also opens you up for more invaders as a trade-off (or opportunity to gank if you're one of those people.)

spyder_ur

Then homeward bone?

Sounds like you got there via a different method than I know, so I don't want specifics because it would spoil me.

The dude you meet there should give you a homeward bone.

But if you're somehow out of homeward bones there is another way. I exited the game via the menu in that location to stop playing for the night, and when I came back the next day, I was in the area where you meet the cage guy when the game loaded up.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that.

I've been really enjoying my time with the game so far. It definitely feels like a medley of the different Soulsbone games with motifs, areas, or enemies that call back to past experiences. Was not a fan of the hitboxes during the
tree
boss, but everything has been smooth sailing otherwise. (I just hope I hit the point where the difficulty ramps up soon.)

PvP seems more like a gank fest than usual, though, and I've had a lot of issues with what happens after I get summoned despite my internet connection. I've had hosts fight invisible bosses until I myself go in and trigger the boss cutscene. I've had bosses just sit there and take it, and some that slip and slide all over.

I have some NPC questions, but I backed out from the wiki since it would just spoil everything.

- What is the
dark sigil
that the Fire Keeper can heal?
- Yoel can
bring out my "true strength"; what are the consequences for leveling up through him instead
?
- Does Greirat come back?

I can't help but wonder what horrific and permanent consequences I'll endure due to my choices.

You could boost your fire resistance via consumables (red bug pellet), pyromancies (flash sweat/profuse sweat), and switching to your highest fire resistant armor, but even all that will only slightly help.

Best thing to do is just chug estus as you walk. I got every item in there just chugging estus and running.

High Vit + Estus Spam. Boosting fire resistance also helps.

Awesome thanks

I've been really enjoying my time with the game so far. It definitely feels like a medley of the different Soulsbone games with motifs, areas, or enemies that call back to past experiences. Was not a fan of the hitboxes during the
tree
boss, but everything has been smooth sailing otherwise. (I just hope I hit the point where the difficulty ramps up soon.)

PvP seems more like a gank fest than usual, though, and I've had a lot of issues with what happens after I get summoned despite my internet connection. I've had hosts fight invisible bosses until I myself go in and trigger the boss cutscene. I've had bosses just sit there and take it, and some that slip and slide all over.

I have some NPC questions, but I backed out from the wiki since it would just spoil everything.

- What is the
dark sigil
- Yoel can
bring out my "true strength"; what are the consequences for leveling up through him instead
?

I can't help but wonder what horrific and permanent consequences I'll endure due to my choices.

The answers to your first and second questions are linked, hint hint.

If it's the first time you sent him out, yeah, he should come back after you kill another boss.

Ok, but why?
I'm new to Dark Souls and I thought it would be a pretty good weapon as it has 203 total damage.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's+Enchanted+Swords

Or can you not count 3 different damage types together?
it does have total damage but each damage type goes through it's own reduction and the reduction depends on the enemy. Might be effective against some enemies more than others but the general consensus is that it looks cool and doesn't do much damage.

The patch that came out today on PC/ coming out soon on PS4 is said to buff this weapon so we'll see how much.

sora87

What level should you be to fight the
Dancer of the Borreal Valley?

I'm currently on level 41 and I'm thinking about
fighting him early by killing Emma because I really want those swords

Don't bother, they're only good for fashion souls right now.
I was around 55 and it was a struggle.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

- What is the
dark sigil
- Yoel can
?

Your first two questions are related. Try it out. You'll see! And Greirat returns when you kill your next boss. Doesn't matter which.

KHlover

Banned
Anyone found a better place to farm souls yet than the
Dragon-Kin mausoleum bonfire?
With a good weapon (+Shield of Want + Silver Serpent Ring) you can easily farm 10k - 15k souls per minute.

tree

- What is the
dark sigil
- Yoel can
?

The first two questions are actually connected (you can try it out and see for yourself very quickly), as for the third one, it depends where you sent him and what you did in the area beforehand.

Respect

Still, I am not sure if I should trust you guys :p

"Liar ahead!"

I actually missed out and progressed to a point that
apparently means he dies
...so I was unintentionally locked out of using his services. Guess I will just have to use him in my next play through.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I just killed
Aldrich
.....am i supposed to go to
Irithyll Dungeon
next story wise? Also,
Anor Londo
....is it only the battle against
Aldrich
or is there more to see? I know that there are two dog creatures at the base before going across the rooftop, in
Anor Londo
I only found the illusionary wall behind the huge statue and a couple of more, but the whole castle seems like it's just leading straight forward to Aldrich....

The answers to your first and second questions are linked, hint hint.

If it's the first time you sent him out, yeah, he should come back after you kill another boss.

Your first two questions are related. Try it out. You'll see! And Greirat returns when you kill your next boss. Doesn't matter which.
That's what I figured when I unlocked the way to heal it, but wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.

High Vit + Estus Spam. Boosting fire resistance also helps.

Question for y'all, how high did you level up your Vitality and what's your soul level? It's a stat I want to invest in for equip load, but I feel like the other stats are more important to focus on. Might give up on maintaining a < 30% equip load.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I just killed
Aldrich
.....am i supposed to go to
Irithyll Dungeon
next story wise? Also,
Anor Londo
....is it only the battle against
Aldrich
or is there more to see? I know that there are two dog creatures at the base before going across the rooftop, in
Anor Londo
I only found the illusionary wall behind the huge statue and a couple of more, but the whole castle seems like it's just leading straight forward to Aldrich....

Yes to everything, although you might have missed the Darkmoon covenant but that's about it.

Is there a trick to killing the transforming zombies in the first area? I figured out you can kill them before they transform... but if they transform I'm done for.

Question for y'all, how high did you level up your Vitality and what's your soul level? It's a stat I want to invest in for equip load, but I feel like the other stats are more important to focus on. Might give up on maintaining a < 30% equip load.
For equipment load? Mine is like 24 or 25. I also use Havel's ring. As long as it's <70 % you are good.

Plum

Is there a trick to killing the transforming zombies in the first area? I figured out you can kill them before they transform... but if they transform I'm done for.

Fire works well on them, but other than that it's unfortunately "git gud" here. They're tough as nails, especially for a first area enemy that respawns.

Well I finally beat the A
byss
W
atchers
, but only with the help of a summon. Victory isn't as satisfying when you have help, but oh well, I was at my wit's end with that goddamn battle. I'd probably spent 3-4 hours trying and failing to beat it alone.

Progressing to the C
atacombs
, I placed my white soapstone and got summoned almost immediately. I spent the rest of the night fighting skeletons and goofing off with several different groups. I had not done much multiplayer before that, but I'm certainly going to from now on. It was a ton of fun. And it's a great way to learn an area with no risk of losing souls.

Plum

Just invaded someone, and immediately as I spawned I got "Host of Embers Destroyed"

Thanks for the free Ember and Tongue, I guess.

Finished my first playthrough last night. Incredible. My favorite Souls game. I'll be rocking PvP for YEARS, just like I did in OG Dark Souls.

So, diving right into NG+ the minute I get home, and I have two questions:

1- How's the the NG+ difficulty? I've heard it compared with OG Dark Souls NG+, with a large difficulty spike beginning around Farron Keep.

2- How is the Firelink Greatsword? Viable for a 40str 40dex quality build?

myco666

30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrass get. Now I need to somehow get almost thirty of those Proofs.

I had it at 30 at the end with lvl88. I guess it is a little much compared to what I am carrying around but I was able to equip two good weapons for different situations at the same time.

Zomba13

I know how you feel man. Apparently, they're getting buffed in the patch that's coming out/came out today.

I love those weapons and didn't know this :eek: That's good news for me. I ended up just going back to my Uchigatana towards the end of the game and got it to +10 sharp instead of using them.

Moff

Pontif
is so much easier as a caster (pyro-melee hybrid), especially if you great chaos fire orb as
he summons his shade.
. It's a great spot to farm sunlight medals, so many people summoning.

it was the only boss I killed on my first try
but I feel pyro is generally easy mode in this game

Jelle

I keep getting my ass kicked by the second
Pus of Man (the Grunt that gets a black snake emerged from his back when he sees me)
on that roof near the tower in the first
High Wall of Lothric
area.

I play as a Knight and try to dash attack him to prevent him from
transforming
. I'm either too late or my attack is too light, because he does it every time... any tips for a newbie player like me?

Was feeling like I made a mistake by getting my stats up to being able to use the Wolf Knight's Greatsword. The deep battle axe I got at the start of the game seemed more effective and I would have been able to just keep pumping END and Vigor. Will see how this patch changed things.

Also, does anyone know how being matched based on upgrades work on weapons that only go to 5?

Respect

So what areas have been good for invasions for others? From my experience I have enjoyed invading in
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
and
Dragon Barracks
so far.

Think the most difficult part is the inability to punish estus chugging.

Moff

I keep getting my ass kicked by the second
Pus of Man (the Grunt that gets a black snake emerged from his back when he sees me)
on that roof near the tower in the first
High Wall of Lothric
area.

I play as a Knight and try to dash attack him to prevent him from
transforming
. I'm either too late or my attack is too light, because he does it every time... any tips for a newbie player like me?

ignore it

psylah

My game crashed (PS4) last night when I looked at someone's summon sign. Only happened once, could've been a coincidence, but I think that's what triggered it.

K' Dash

Question, I just checked the guy who gives "Free" level ups, but he´s dead, I got only one level up from him, did I fuck up the quest?

AlanOC91

Not sure if I'm Rusty or not but the areas/enemies to me have been much harder than the starting areas of DS1/DS2. I feel like they've really upped the difficulty for this one personally. I love it.

I'm at
that sacrifice bridge place.

Just finished it, every boss beaten. Fucking feels good, loved the game man. Got the
Usurpation of Fire
ending, pretty cool.

Loved
the Princes
boss, the music was fantastic. Also, in my opinion the
Nameless King
might be the most badass boss in any Souls game. Great stuff.

Sifl

Question about certain items and npc's in NG+
So, sorcery guy and blind nun lady both died pretty early into my game. I'm guessing these scrolls and books I found will have to be collected again in NG+? Or is the game gonna throw me a bone and transfer them over.

Anyone found a better place to farm souls yet than the
Dragon-Kin mausoleum bonfire?
With a good weapon (+Shield of Want + Silver Serpent Ring) you can easily farm 10k - 15k souls per minute.

L
othric
C
astle
I guess. The 3 big guys there give 17k each.

The Princes
fight might be my favorite fight in the series by a mile.

img_show.jpg
I feel the same way.

Pejo

Man I am having the worst time clearing out those big crabs in the swamp. Is there any effective way to take them out other than ranged cheesing?

hew9753

Any tips on how to kill the
Giant Worm
in S
moldering
L
ake

If you want an easy way to cheese it, there's a path leading away from the boss door (to the right if you have your back to the boss door) where you can stand behind some rocks and let
the giant arrows
kill the
giant worm
for you without either one being able to damage you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom