• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ufbr5ej.gif

I got like 20 before level 30 fearing I wouldn't get summons at all, after getting all 30 after reaching
Anor Londo
, I joined
Darkmoon
just for fun, to see how much hard would be get summons and got summoned 4 or 5 times in that span of time.

Dunno what I'm doing different, but I'm trying not to level up to fast.

I got like 20 before level 30 fearing I wouldn't get summons at all, after getting all 30 after reaching
Anor Londo
, I joined
Darkmoon
just for fun, to see how much hard would be get summons and got summoned 4 or 5 times in that span of time.

I can vouch for this. Joined the Farron woods covenant, I was getting summoned for invasions almost instantly in the 25-30 range. Now that I'm 35 or so, it's not triggering nearly as often.

I'm at rank 2 in the covenant and around 25 swordgrass total.

REO invasions occur within a minute, usually. Much faster than DS1 or 2 ever were.

I'm pretty sure my boy S
iegmeyer
is having some troubles down the well, how can i help him?

Patches sells his armor, I believe you need to give it to him?

Afrocious

Anyone get the
Profaned
Greatsword?

I think it's stronger than the
Wolf-whatever
Greatsword, but IDK I kinda miss the frontflip action. I do love having a flaming giant sword though lol.

How in the hell does poise work in this game? Did I play BB too much and forget?

Why the hell is my first hit staggering but not consecutive follow ups?

Sullichin

I am going for it. Looks like it will be more difficult because you need all the rings. That will be tough.

But as long as there are no kill 1000 invaders for a ring thing, it will be fine.

The covenant rings should be easy to get, since can at least farm for them, a bit take time

Game could have so many more fun achievements:

- Collect 1 million souls on your person
- Beat the game under X level (doesn't have to be level 1, but would be cool if there was an achievement for beating it at a lower level than usual)
- Anything other than farming covenant items

So i beat the main game in 20hours 28minutes.
The shortest souls main game for me, even shorter than demons souls. Still got some side stuff to do that ill check out.

GulAtiCa

I got most of my 30
Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon
covenant items pre level 30, in which you would get lot of summons in Undead Settlement, but after that I got regular summons in the next hours, and got 10+ easily (losing a few summons and all).

And already had them all reaching the trade place.

Wish I stayed pre-30. Never once been summoned at lv 34+. Also, my damn pyro flame is now +4, so that means I can only be summoned to a way of blue's world if they have at least a +2 weapon... Kinda dislike that..

UberLevi

Debating between doing another playthrough with a different character or starting NG+.

Kinda wanna try a scythe build, or maybe offhand magic.

PFD

Invading seems heavily skewed towards hosts with summons, which is utter bullshit. Out of 35 invasions, I only joined a 1v1 game maybe 5 times. The rest were all 1v2 or 1v3.

The thing is they always just stay in the bonfire room if you do that. That tactic only works when the person you're invading isn't expecting you at all.

In my experience, they will lose their patience pretty quickly and come after you. If I were a phantom in that situation I would either go after the invader myself or black separation crystal out if the host shows no intention of moving. If I were the host (although I never summon so not really relevant), I would go after the invader out of fear that the phantoms would tire and leave.

That would be a great idea except it was in the final area......

So invade somewhere else then

So i beat the main game in 20hours 28minutes.
The shortest souls main game for me, even shorter than demons souls. Still got some side stuff to do that ill check out.

I've just finished the Catacombs and I'm headed to the Cathedral. I'm at 12 hours in.

Granted, about 40% of my play time has been invasions.

Wish I stayed pre-30. Never once been summoned at lv 34+. Also, my damn pyro flame is now +4, so that means I can only be summoned to a way of blue's world if they have at least a +2 weapon... Kinda dislike that..

You can farm most covenant items if needed, it sucks but that's how I did it for the DS1 100% trophy.

Eh? I've found I stagger things way too easily, and not with a heavy weapon (using a +7 sharp uchi).

I just faced a boreal Knight that would stagger with my first hit but not follow ups. There were some lothric knights before that who wouldn't stagger if they were in certain attacks (e.g. lunges).

I dunno, I regret going a Str heavy build with my Ultra GS. Doesnt feel as good as DS1.

Sifl

Asking again, if anyone knows the answer:
Question about certain items and npc's in NG+.
The blind nun and sorcery guy died fairly early in my games, do all these scrolls/books I found transfer over to NG+, or do I need to refind them?

GulAtiCa

You can farm most covenant items if needed, it sucks but that's how I did it for the DS1 100% trophy.

Oh I know, I'm glad I can farm. But wish I could at least have a better range with users for the Blue Cov.

I already know of a good spot to farm for the Watchdogs of Farron items if needed. (The Ruin bonfire with the 3 guys just right there.)

eot

Banned
I'm digging Vordt's Great Hammer, but the damn thing obscures the screen and the ice effect makes it even worse.

I just faced a boreal Knight that would stagger with my first hit but not follow ups. Some some knights before that who wouldn't stagger if they were in certain attacks (e.g. lunges).

I dunno, I regret going a Str heavy build with my Ultra GS. Doesnt feel as good as DS1.

Apart from knights having decently high poise due to armor, there are attacks (like some L2 lunges/thrusts) that raise poise during the attack itself, which the player can also use, so that might be what you're running into.

The weapons that have those attacks also mention the poise raising portion in their descriptions.

pixxxelz

OK now I need titanite scales to upgrade my new shiny Arto.. I mean Wolf Knight Great sword where can I find more of this crystal lizards? I've only found 3 so far; the one at the beginning of the game, one in the cathedral and one in
farron keep
I'm at
Irithyll
atm.

Citadel

Decided to create a new character even though my main is only at the Road of Sacrifices. I can't stop playing this game, even the early levels. Just so fun.

'Isolde the Mad' - Haven't decided to make her a mad or red phantom, but either way... she mad. But seriously, she's an assassin class - plan on going dex and using the twin blades. Never done anything like that before, so I better brush up on my dodging. Could anyone recommend any decent dual-wield swords or guides out there? Thanks all.

E92 M3

Invading seems heavily skewed towards hosts with summons, which is utter bullshit. Out of 35 invasions, I only joined a 1v1 game maybe 5 times. The rest were all 1v2 or 1v3.

Invading a 1v2 is one of my favorites. It's like figuring out a puzzle on how to win (and I've won plenty of them). People get so salty too lol.

KAOz

Short bus special
Asking again, if anyone knows the answer:
Question about certain items and npc's in NG+.
The blind nun and sorcery guy died fairly early in my games, do all these scrolls/books I found transfer over to NG+, or do I need to refind them?

Need to refind everything.

Vuze

What is considered the best curved sword so far?
Not sure where to look for maxed out weapon stats and such... maybe I'm just too spoilt by MH data mining :x

daninthemix

A couple things I feel like I've noticed, but could be wrong:

1) There are a lot more enemy ganks in PVE now
2) There are a lot more attacks that knock you on your ass

you should read more Berserk.

berserk_v01_020.jpg

Why do you think I go high Str builds? :p

Apart from knights having decently high poise due to armor, there are attacks (like some L2 lunges/thrusts) that raise poise during the attack itself, which the player can also use, so that might be what you're running into.

The weapons that have those attacks also mention the poise raising portion in their descriptions.

Nah, it's not those attacks. You can tell when Lothric knights do that given their stance changes. This is some other poise fuckery.

KHlover

Banned
YASSSS, finally got
Nameless King
down. Got yuuuuuuge
Skyward Sword
vibes from the second phase of the battle. Great fight.

myco666

Anor Londo
, I joined
Darkmoon

I guess I have just overleveled myself out of those covenants. Really sucks that it won't work on higher levels.

Are you playing now?

Astral

How's NG+ in this game? What's different? As much as GAF hated Dks2, its NG+ was great and so much better than Bloodborne's.

Banzai

You guys wanna hear the ultimate soul farming cheat?

Get an internet connection as bad as mine. I can still get summoned but bosses don't do any attacks in my game so I can spam my attacks until they're dead. Been farming the final boss for the last half hour.

I know, I know, I'm cheating scum. Whatever. I already beat all bosses legit in my game, only found this out earlier today.

psychotron

I'm moving very slow in this game, much like I did in DS2. I'm at about 15 hours and just finished the first section of
Road of Sacrifices
. I've hardly died at all really, except for intentional deaths to get
free levels from the pilgrim
. I also spent a lot of time farming to get the money for the tower key, and upgrade materials for my claymore. Currently I'm farming the
DarkWraith at High Wall
to try and get his sword. So far he's dropped his armor and hood. Really want to see how the
Dark Sword
compares to my Claymore. Although the patch today is supposed to buff the Clay...not sure about the
Dark Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom