• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
you should read more Berserk.

berserk_v01_020.jpg

Undead Legion chest piece would allow for some great Guts cosplay in DS3 I see :D

SMH I just realized I missed an area (C
athedra
l of the D
ee
p). Time for backtracking.

Invading seems heavily skewed towards hosts with summons, which is utter bullshit. Out of 35 invasions, I only joined a 1v1 game maybe 5 times. The rest were all 1v2 or 1v3.

Good. Serves you right for being a dirty invader.

Last night I was in a 3-person game when we got invaded, but the invader was clearly higher level than us, decked out in heavy armor, big shield, and a huge sword. Even 1v3 he was very hard to bring down, and I died in the process. I don't know if that was just bad luck on our part, or if the game balances it that way (i.e., you are matched against lower level players when invading a multi-person game).

Sullichin

You guys wanna hear the ultimate soul farming cheat?

Get an internet connection as bad as mine. I can still get summoned but bosses don't do any attacks in my game so I can spam my attacks until they're dead. Been farming the final boss for the last half hour.

I know, I know, I'm cheating scum. Whatever. I already beat all bosses legit in my game, only found this out earlier today.

Kinda feel bad when this happens because the host gets cheated out of an actual boss fight.

laxu

But 30 fucking hours?! How?! I fully explored everywhere on my first run (that's including the swamp) and still beat the game in about 22/23 hours and did all the side content in around 29 hours. Unless you're going full molebro and ganking newbies for days at a time it legit blows my mind that you take that long to get through the game.

Man I must be pretty bad at this game. I've played 26 hours and I just got thru the
Catacombs
. I still haven't finished
Cathedral of the Deep
. Took me forever to beat the
Abyss Watchers
. This is for just singleplayer but I have tried to scour every nook and cranny.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You guys wanna hear the ultimate soul farming cheat?

Get an internet connection as bad as mine. I can still get summoned but bosses don't do any attacks in my game so I can spam my attacks until they're dead. Been farming the final boss for the last half hour.

I know, I know, I'm cheating scum. Whatever. I already beat all bosses legit in my game, only found this out earlier today.

At least its PvE but it don't beat my invader who was rollerskating/sliding and never did a single animation and had me perma pushback/stunlocked.

Git interwebz or don't invade please, how the hell do you defend against something you cant even see the animations of?

Question time again:

When I use a shriving stone, does it only get rid of your infusion or also your reinforcements? I have the Deep Battle Axe upgraded to +4 and would like to 'exchange' Dark damage for something else but I'm assuming if I use the shriving stone it reverts it to a standard Battle Axe? It wouldn't be a Standard Battle Axe +4 correct?

Afrocious

30 hours for this game is long? Whaa...?

If anything, I feel anything less is rushing. That or I'm closer to the end than I thought. I only have
1 of the Lords of Cinder down - Abyss Watchers.

So I went onto the bridge of Irithyll and got the
dog
behind me, also got invaded, and the fucker did not wait for me to finish the mini boss, so I made sure the mini boss got the final kill, please tell me the invader got no reward for that

IIRC, invaders get credit as long as you die somehow.

Tak3n

Banned
dog
behind me, also got invaded, and the fucker did not wait for me to finish the mini boss, so I made sure the mini boss got the final kill, please tell me the invader got no reward for that

Cannot get over how amazing this track is
- Lorian, Elder Prince & Lothric, Younger Prince
(link contains boss name, so if you are bothered by that kind of thing and haven't beaten most late game bosses, don't open it).

How's NG+ in this game? What's different? As much as GAF hated Dks2, its NG+ was great and so much better than Bloodborne's.

So far Ive only heard of +1/+2 (which are quite useless, we are talking about +3/+5% or something...) versions of some rings on NG+/NG++, the rest is DS1 style, so +damage/health for enemies. No DS2 NG+ with red phantoms etc...

C
rystal
S
Pinwheel 2.0
?

I knew I was going in to a boss fight because I'd seen an NPC summon sign not too far, but I was down to 2 Estus and thought I'd see what it was - thought it was a pretty easy boss, then I realised what happens if you don't
smash all the crystals
and got blasted from every angle! I did manage to get it down to 30% HP, so I wish I'd found this on my SL1 character since I totally missed it but it seems a very easy early boss.

Eumi

Anyone else have huge lock on problems with the
old demon king?

Must have died 5 times in a row thanks to my lock on just turning off when I get too close.

Afrocious

C
rystal
S
Pinwheel 2.0
?

I knew I was going in to a boss fight because I'd seen an NPC summon sign not too far, but I was down to 2 Estus and thought I'd see what it was - thought it was a pretty easy boss, then I realised what happens if you don't
smash all the crystals
and got blasted from every angle! I did manage to get it down to 30% HP, so I wish I'd found this on my SL1 character since I totally missed it but it seems a very easy early boss.

That boss broke my 1-shot streak so lol.

I think he's easy but I sure wasn't expecting him.

K' Dash

Man I must be pretty bad at this game. I've played 26 hours and I just got thru the
Catacombs
Cathedral of the Deep
Abyss Watchers
. This is for just singleplayer but I have tried to scour every nook and cranny.

30 hours here, just Killed the boss in S
mouldering
L
ake
. Taking my sweet sweet time.

Sullichin

dog

He will get his reward no matter how you die.

Banzai

At least its PvE but it don't beat my invader who was rollerskating/sliding and never did a single animation and had me perma pushback/stunlocked.

Git interwebz or don't invade please, how the hell do you defend against something you cant even see the animations of?

Yeah my connection has its ups and downs. I can usually play just fine. When I play PvP and I notice no animations I disconnect. It's still sorta fair because I can't see the animations of others either, though lol.

Afrocious

I am the Black Swordsman.

Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/12983956_10154108927937392_5968268208988759305_o.jpg[/IMG]

GRIFFITH!!!!!

Pls tell me what that sword is.

If it's related to a boss, don't tell me which one - just say it is.

Catacombs
Cathedral of the Deep
Abyss Watchers

I'm 33hs in and just got to the boss in S
mouldering Lake
(My 8 boss). I've struggled in C
athedral
and S
mouldering
áreas, beside A
byss Watchers
boss battle. The rest has been from easy to reaaaally easy. I don't know how people can be so quick.

30 hours here, just Killed the boss in S
mouldering
L
ake
. Taking my sweet sweet time.

This sounds more normal to me.

So far Ive only heard of +1/+2 (which are quite useless, we are talking about +3/+5% or something...) versions of some rings on NG+/NG++, the rest is DS1 style, so +damage/health for enemies. No DS2 NG+ with red phantoms etc...

That's a shame. The NG+ Red Phantoms in DS2 was one of my favorite new additions to the series.

Anyone else have huge lock on problems with the
old demon king?

Must have died 5 times in a row thanks to my lock on just turning off when I get too close.
I found that getting in close wasn't very feasible for this fight. His
fire breath and hammer slam
punish hard for standing right in front of him. Standing at a distance prompts him to use more of his swipes, which are easy to roll through and then get a few hits off.

Robiin

Yup, just give that to her.

Ok, here's the score with
Yuria
:
So, did you take your boy up on those "free" levels? Did you get 5 of them and now he's dead? You're on the road to the Hollow ending, but if you're doing the rest of the game blind, you'll probably never stumble on that ending by yourself, it's convoluted as shit. If you want to clear yourself of those free levels, you'll have to pay the Firekeeper after you give her the soul.

As for The Nun,
giving her the books doesn't really hurt her one way or another. BUYING the miracles she learned from them does. You can give her all the dark tomes and buy only the good ones to get her best outcome. Buy all the dark to get a neat outcome where her Knight protector kidnaps her to get her away from you. Don't do either and she eventually dies, leaving the books there for you to give to the other Miracle vendor.
Was busy with a puppy for a few hours, just wanted you to know that I appreciate the reply!

Yeah, I took a lot of levels from
that dude, probably five. He's dead anyway, and Yuria
appeared. By "clearing yourself of those free levels", do you mean the levels/points or just the
appearance
? Is there any bad outcome
after giving her the Fire Keeper Soul?
Okay, that sidequest with the miracle vendor sounds awesome. Maybe I'll buy all of them.

Maybe I should just stop worrying and play the game. I was determined to play as blind as possible, but everytime I think of missing NPCs and sidequest I get anxious. Oh well, there's always next playthrough!

Astral

That's a shame. Well at least I've got the npc sidequests that I've been messing up to look forward to.

taybul

Is the bridge at the end of
Catacombs
supposed to drop? I see a message and an area beneath but I can't get it to break.

A couple things I feel like I've noticed, but could be wrong:

1) There are a lot more enemy ganks in PVE now
2) There are a lot more attacks that knock you on your ass

You've got enemies climbing over walls, dropping from ceilings, and some that are just plain invisible. The dread is real.

Kieli

The big dudes with wooden planks on their back in the Undead Settlement are really pissing me off with their 5 - 7 hit-combo that grants them mega-poise.

UGH.

Rocketz

Are there issues with being summoned? I keep trying to help people at the A
byss
W
atchers
and it keeps failing to join session.

Sullichin

Catacombs
supposed to drop? I see a message and an area beneath but I can't get it to break.

Yes. Try from the other side.

What is the more popular/better choice, the Butcher's Knife or the Greataxe?
Thanks

Butcher's Knife is probably easier to use but they are both great. The
Black Knight
Greataxe is amazing as well but is not until late game

sam777

Butcher's Knife is probably easier to use but they are both great. The
Black Knight
Greataxe is amazing as well but is not until late game

Thanks I will mess around with the Greataxe for a bit to see if I like it as I have used the Butcher's Knife up until now.

Menome

Catacombs

Lure an enemy over the bridge but stay well ahead of it. As you approach the end of the bridge, slash the rope on the left-hand side and get off it ASAP.

The Game

Just beat the game, didn't enjoy it as much as bloodborne or previous souls games but still great game nonetheless.

My enjoyment might have been ruined by playing dex build with uchi, which is what I always play first time around, will try again in a few days with different build and see how it goes.

robin2

don't know if this the right place to ask but,
where did you, pc guys, buy the game?
steam is 59€, gmg 52€ (found voucher 'APR20' but doesn't work). i'd gladly pay less: is there any other trustworthy eshop to check?
thanks

Afrocious

Just beat the game, didn't enjoy it as much as bloodborne or previous souls games but still great game nonetheless.

My enjoyment might have been ruined by playing dex build with uchi, which is what I always play first time around, will try again in a few days with different build and see how it goes.

Yeah, I started off with a DEX build but wasn't feeling it at all, contrary to what I've read from others in this thread. Stopped that playthrough and began again. Since I always played DEX first in these games, I figured I'd try something different.

I went STR starting with Knight and I'm having a ton of fun.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Well I find the ranking Bloodborne > DS3 > other games

Mostly because I love BBs aggressive play
Don't think so, you get invaded at specified points. You need to be embered and the boss has to be alive.
That's a shame, i'd rather fight non sliding AI
don't know if this the right place to ask but,
where did you, pc guys, buy the game?
steam is 59€, gmg 52€ (found voucher 'APR20' but doesn't work). i'd gladly pay less: is there any other trustworthy eshop to check?
thanks
Got mine from gamesplanet for £30 or something
Man, there are a lot of connection issues online. A lot of the people I invade or Co op with end up ice skating every where.
So its not only me huh :|

Ophelion

Yeah, I started off with a DEX build but wasn't feeling it at all, contrary to what I've read from others in this thread. Stopped that playthrough and began again. Since I always played DEX first in these games, I figured I'd try something different.

I went STR starting with Knight and I'm having a ton of fun.

Hmn. I started off STR and have been enjoying it throughout. I've only been thinking DEX might be good because the stamina spends required for really big wepons seem like they're more likely to get you fucked when you need to go on defense. What about DEX are you guys not liking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom