• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Was getting a refund from GMG a pain? Might do the same as you did

e: assuming you're talking about the Steam key?

Yes, the Steam key. Thought that's what you were talking about. Refund was not an issue at all, although it takes 3 - 5 business days to see the money.

Just gotta make sure we get our keys. GMG has never let me down, but that means it'll be tomorrow when i get mine.

I've ordered a lot of games from GMG, and they have typically been reliable getting keys out within 24 hours of the release. One however wasn't sent until 12 hours prior (still not really an issue), but another wasn't even sent ten hours after TW3 went live. But TW3 was kind of an outlier issue. The only reason I bothered trying Gamesplanet (who I had never heard of until yesterday) was because they were supposed to be comparable to GMG and they had keys available, plus they are supposed to be an authorized reseller for publishers. I'd rather save $10 - $15 from a site like this than $20 - $25 from the "grey market" sites.

What does "authorized and licensed" Reseller mean?

Our store has a contract with each of the game's publishers; we sell games on their behalf with their permission. We take a small portion of the sale to pay our hard working staff and to keep Gamesplanet fully operational. We send the lions share to the publisher who in turn pays the Game developers. Because of this, Gamesplanet and you are supporting the gaming industry so that they can continue to develop new and exciting games! That's the reason you will always get your pre order and pre load keys on time directly from the game's publisher.

Hey whats the best way/cheapest way to preorder if I want to preorder this, FFXV, and Last Guardian in one fell swoop with out dropping $180?

Your best bet is probably to spend the $30 on best buy GCU (You could even share the account with 2 friends if you're willing to share a bb account) and get it for $48+tax per game + cost of 2 years of GC ($30). Would save you $ in the long run

green man gaming hasn't given out steam codes yet right?

it unlocks early for a lot of people because its a worldwide release, so whatever the equivalent of monday 6pm eastern time for you
Some more examples
http://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/365163686036435407/
Code:
Dark Souls III will unlock at the same time worldwide on Steam. See below to find your time zone or something close to it!

Monday April 11th at 3:00 PM PDT (UTC -7)
Monday April 11th at 5:00 PM CDT (UTC -5)
Monday April 11th at 6:00 PM EDT (UTC -4)
Monday April 11th at 7:00 PM BRT (UTC -3)
Monday April 11th at 11:00 PM BST (UTC +1)
Tuesday April 12th at 12:00 AM CEST (UTC +2)
Tuesday April 12th at 7:00 AM JST (UTC +9)

What's the difference between regular version and the Day One version?

Wanted to get this on Amazon Prime cause it's cheap but noticed that PS4 day one versions are sold out...

aravuus

Yes, the Steam key. Thought that's what you were talking about. Refund was not an issue at all, although it takes 3 - 5 business days to see the money.

Yeah, yeah. I'm super tired, not sure how I even thought you might be talking about PS4 codes lol.

Will probably get a refund if I haven't heard a peep from them some hours before the game unlocks.

What's the difference between regular version and the Day One version?

Wanted to get this on Amazon Prime cause it's cheap but noticed that PS4 day one versions are sold out...

I assume you're in NA. The NA Day One edition has a slipcase with diff artwork and I believe the actual box art is the same as the slipcase instead of the thumbs up one that is everywhere. You also get the OST on disc in a paper sleeve and a small starter guide by prima that is like a game manual of last gen essentially.

The apocalypse edition is the same as the day one edition albeit for PAL territories and it has a beautiful (I got mine already) metal case with embossed art.

Dommel

Bought the game on cdkeys.com and I wonder when they pass out keys normally? The download page shows "This product is a Pre-Order, it will be available here on or slightly before the release date of 12th April 2016." How long is "slightly before" in their book?

Usually the day of release, so worst case scenario is you get your key on Tuesday.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
MAYBE SPOILER, no specifics.

There is a good shield selection within the first few hours, although I stuck with the knight shield for most of my time. Only switched recently as I needed strength for the bigger shield.
Then found a lighter shield with better stats shortly after.. which was annoying.

I kind of wish I went deprived, the early enemies and boss are very easy, after you get passed them you should be able to get what you need.
Thanks dude! Deprived it is. :)

Mandelbo

The apocalypse edition is the same as the day one edition albeit for PAL territories and it has a beautiful (I got mine already) metal case with embossed art.

Is this the case for every retailer? Would I get the apocalypse edition if I've ordered from amazon?

Would the folks who played the imported version recommend this game to someone (me) who could'nt even defeat Martyr Logarious in Bloodborne? Even with co op help Ive yet to beat that sonofabitch. Thanks.

I assume you're in NA. The NA Day One edition has a slipcase with diff artwork and I believe the actual box art is the same as the slipcase instead of the thumbs up one that is everywhere. You also get the OST on disc in a paper sleeve and a small starter guide by prima that is like a game manual of last gen essentially.

Day 1 gets a soundtrack, and mini prima guide i think

edit:beaten

The soundtrack, a starter guide, and different cover

Doesn't seem to be worth the extra ~20$ to get it at GameStop. Thanks!

I'm pretty excited about this game. Never played any of the Dark Souls games. I've played Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, though. I rented Demon's Souls from Blockbuster (remember when Blockbuster existed?) and it was incredibly stressful and I got salty so I returned it with my tail between my legs. Loved Bloodborne a lot, though. Kind of wish I wasn't a tremendous scrub when Demon's Souls came out so I could've enjoyed it and wouldn't be apprehensive about playing Dark Souls at launch. Happy to be picking this one up on launch day.

Sanctuary

Any ETA on this?

TZY8JUK.jpg

Roussow

How effective will it be to just level strength and dexterity fairly evenly?
I want to able to at least try out every Greatsword and Club, as well as every Katana and Rapier -- so specializing before I find my weapon of choice doesn't seem smart.

GulAtiCa

I'm ready for the PS4 game launch!

Unlike Bloodborne, I am going in completely blind. So though spoilers don't really upset me any, this will likely be my only comment here till Wednesday afternoon.

Can't wait to go through another dark souls experience. Even better that everything will be fresh, new, and 100% unknown. Looking back, wish I did that for Bloodborne.

rdytoroll

Here are the correct release times:

1. Steam release = worldwide at same time + PS4 release time for GMT

t1460412000z0.png

2. PS4 release time for EDT; EST would be 12:01 am on the 12th

t1460437200z1.png

I made a mistake Yoshi, could you edit the release times in the OP please? Thanks!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Would the folks who played the imported version recommend this game to someone (me) who could'nt even defeat Martyr Logarious in Bloodborne? Even with co op help Ive yet to beat that sonofabitch. Thanks.
You do know that boss is entirely optional, right? :p

Pegasos123

to those who played the whole game ... is the leveldesign variation as deverse as dark souls one or unified like bloodborne where everything looked somelike the "same"

NEO0MJ

Maybe first area spoilers.
Yay, I beat the giant crystal lizard! Sure I might have cheesed by hitting it while it was stuck behind a wall but still. Now to survive long enough to use the blood echoes it gave me.

Maybe first area spoilers.
Yay, I beat the giant crystal lizard! Sure I might have cheesed by hitting it while it was stuck behind a wall but still. Now to survive long enough to use the blood echoes it gave me.

Holy shit, NICE. He hit me once and I NopeNopeNoped out of there.

Grady

Amazon bumped my shipping date to thursday with two day shipping. Best buy preorders show the 18th with free shipping. I suggest everyone check out the shipping dates.

Maxwood

Maybe first area spoilers...
...Now to survive long enough to use the blood echoes it gave me.
This made me chuckle.
I kept calling "blood echoes" "souls" in Bloodborne, but I guess it goes both ways. :)

GulAtiCa

I can't decide if I'll get this on PSN or physical. Physical will be cheaper due to Best Buy. But I'll likely never sell it of course. But I do like having a physical copy for collection. Maybe like Bloodborne, I'll do both. Lol

dealer-

to those who played the whole game ... is the leveldesign variation as deverse as dark souls one or unified like bloodborne where everything looked somelike the "same"

Diverse. It takes inspiration from Demon's, Dark Souls and Bloodborne

How effective will it be to just level strength and dexterity fairly evenly?
I want to able to at least try out every Greatsword and Club, as well as every Katana and Rapier -- so specializing before I find my weapon of choice doesn't seem smart.

I'd say very effective since I always use a greatsword build :D Otherwise just try to invest only a few into whatever you would have otherwise. You can still try the weapons even if you're short on the stats but you'll only be able to two hand them, which I tend to find you do nothing but two-hand with the large weapons unless the single handed setup has a particular attack you can get some use out of like a lunge.

Sanctuary

So how many people are going to spend an extra long time in the first areas where it looks like you can reach stuff that you normally shouldn't be able to before moving on? Or rather, searching out the areas that look like they have that kind of potential.

This made me chuckle.
I kept calling "blood echoes" "souls" in Bloodborne, but I guess it goes both ways. :)

Even though each time you would recover your echoes the screen would have a huge font stating as such, I still never once thought of them as anything other than souls.

UberLevi

Game unlocks at 5pm tomorrow for me it seems, and I get off of work at 4. I also have Tuesday off. This is probably the most convenient launch I've gotten to be a part of.

Vire

Reads as 1.03 on my Pre-load.

Added Online functionality in a previous update and then just general performance and bug tweaks.

1.03. The main change is that a certain weapon was nerfed since 1.02.

Basically bugfixes and 1.03 added it's first mechanics balancing, nothing major but they nerfed already a weapon.

Danke, is there still a day one patch on the way for the performance issues in the later areas?

I've ordered a lot of games from GMG, and they have typically been reliable getting keys out within 24 hours of the release. One however wasn't sent until 12 hours prior (still not really an issue), but another wasn't even sent ten hours after TW3 went live. But TW3 was kind of an outlier issue. The only reason I bothered trying Gamesplanet (who I had never heard of until yesterday) was because they were supposed to be comparable to GMG and they had keys available, plus they are supposed to be an authorized reseller for publishers. I'd rather save $10 - $15 from a site like this than $20 - $25 from the "grey market" sites.

I asked for a refund for something once and they said no. I gave them hell for it and they still just said no. :/
Do you live in Europe by any chance? I know they have very strict refund laws that have to be obeyed no matter what. I live in NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom