• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMelon

Yeah, pretty much. Don't have any last gen hardware anymore or a PC capable of running it decently. Still pretty stoked to play this even if I miss out on some story bits and throwbacks to past Dark Souls games.

Simplest way to understand the story is to read up online ironically. If you want I can link you to some good story summaries to get you caught up.

Alo0oy

Banned
Game of the Year.

I haven't played it yet and I've been on a media black out for a while, but from what we've heard earlier, it has the best elements of each Soulsborne game and combines them.

Sanctuary

Yes, check this out: http://ds4windows.com/

Best program imo

I don't know if it's just my USB cables that are causing the problem or what, but any time I have rumble on, even at 50%, some of the harder hitting attacks cause continuous rumbling which then disconnects the controller, and then reconnects it. Usually a few seconds later. Haven't had this issue yet playing with BT, but I usually have it wired, and typically have to keep vibration 100% off, which sucks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The OP has been fixed.

- the logo doesn't say "import thread" anymore
- attunement info is fixed
- Q&A has been refined
- schedule has been added

This OT patch contained more stuff than DkS3 1.03.

Nokterian

FTFY

I'm actually very surprised at how many people are coming to Dark Souls 3 as their first real attempt at playing a "Dark Souls" game. I guess Bloodborne had the desired effect?

I played Dark Souls on PC since Durante came with his fix i still own the physical version and glad that GFWL is no more. I am terrible at these games but i do like them the whole atmosphere is just amazing same with Bloodborne no other game does that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wish these games had a way to switch dominant hand. In all Souls games, the off-hand weapon ability is super nerfed, just by way of basic game mechanics. But if they let you swap dominant hand (similar to the way tps games let you swap shoulders) then the player could easily have access to the full moveset of either hand's weapon.

Fuck.

Should I go PC with a FX4300?

Should I chance this shit?

Minimum Requirements from Canirunit gave me the goahead, but there's no recommended.

Fuck.

Yeah, so I think Sony might have messed up. (also very possible I'm just dumb) I was on PSN and getting ready to preorder/preload DSIII when I see the gold edition. I'm like, what's that about? Game has no DLC, why have a special digital edition? Is it like an armor set or starter weapon, etc? No, it's described as a theme and the soundtrack. For $20 extra? No. lol pass. So I hit the link for game page and pay 59.99 for vanilla. But when I go to preload, the theme and soundtrack are in the DL list. Theme dl's automatically, and ST has a countdown like the game.

Kinda weird. Appears vanilla gave me the gold edition extras. Unless I'm dumb, which as I said, is very possible.
There is a season pass for DLC packaged into the Xbox One digital deluxe edition. Maybe it's that?

vac

Neo Member
Really looking forward to this. First Souls game I'll play on "release"!

Thinking I'ma go Mercenary first.

Still waiting on my code from CDKeys though :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh god I can't wait. Seeing Yoshi so in love with this game has made my hype stronger than I thought possible.

Hell yes, it's better than anyone can imagine.

What! Is it true that it uses servers for more than just matchmaking this time? The connections are no longer P2P whatsoever?

Didn't Demon's Souls have a similar setup?

MegaMelon

I couldn't even sleep last night.

giphy.gif

Who's #TeamDeprived with me?
It's the true path.

bbd23

after using a guide to get through dark souls 2 im really excited to play my first blind run of a souls game :D

Fhtagn

Best level design
Best bosses
Best Souls game

Get your hype on, because this one's good

I still feel DaS1 is the most interesting game of the series, lore-wise, but that's gonna be a heavy ymmv.

I also suspect we're still in the honeymoon phase and the imbalance on sorcery builds is going to drag down the evaluation over time if they don't patch it, but... as it is I'm very bullish on it. Considering the DLC for Souls has typically been the best for each game I can't wait for more...

The thing about this series is that they don't stick to a single formula and each game emphasizes a different set of priorities. DS3 is no different in this regard.

If your priorities align with DS3, it's gonna be the best of the series because the stuff it gets right it gets SO right. Best PvE AI for sure. Largest areas for sure. Multiple Artorias-tier bosses. Arguably the best final boss of the series... Etc.

Alo0oy

Banned
I just glanced at the stats but is it the best one to pick if I want to min max my stats?

min maxing is overrated, two or three level savings aren't going to make a big difference in a level 150 pvp fight. Choosing another class however deprives (heh) you of the true Dark Souls first playthrough experience.

The game also has a Soul Vessel from what I understand, so it's the best class if you want to try multiple builds on one character.

Game of the Year.

I haven't played it yet and I've been on a media black out for a while, but from what we've heard earlier, it has the best elements of each Soulsborne game and combines them.

It'll deservedly win some GOTY awards. It's a masterpiece.

I think Uncharted 4 is going to win a shit ton of these awards, tho.

MegaMelon

I just glanced at the stats but is it the best one to pick if I want to min max my stats?

Depends on what sort of spread you're aiming for. Deprived is jack of all trades, master of none, so if you have a specific build in mind it'd probably be better to go for another class. Although the difference is very small so it's not like it makes a significant difference. Use this to see what class is optimal:

https://battlecalculator.com/dark-souls-3-class-selector/

min maxing is overrated, two or three level savings aren't going to make a big difference in a level 150 pvp fight. Choosing another class however deprives (heh) you of the true Dark Souls first playthrough experience.

It's not a significant difference true but any class can remove all armour and work the same as Deprived. Especially since all(?) starting gear is found for all classes fairly early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom