• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp84

You need to be a lot closer than you think. I love it. It doesn't scale all that well, but it makes up for it by hitting like a truck.
And you can infuse it with a heavy gem to help it scale a bit better if you're going with a strength build. It's an acquired taste. It's my boss killer.

It can't be much different than the GreatAxe from Dark Souls 1 right?

Also i hope i find a Black Knight Halberd or GreatAxe if they are even in the game this time

f4c270017e.png
Welp I got my fire Skin disorder
Iudex was kicking my ass in his base form before the Monster Tumor made him a skiddish Pinata

Dereck

If I want to use a fast thrust weapon the entire game, should I use the Estoc or the Rapier just because it has a higher crit rate?

Luigiv

HOW WE ENJOYING THIS FOLKS?
In the
undead settlement
early in the game. So far it seems pretty decent but it's honestly too early to tell. I wasn't in love with the previous area, but that may have just been because I saw too much of it prelaunch. Everything from here on is fresh.

d00d3n

Anyone else who created exactly the same character as on import xbone and rushed through the game doing exactly the same things? I am too fond of my STR turtle warrior to give this shit up I guess. The only difference is that I make an effort to complete the NPC questlines, help some people out in coop and breeze past bosses using coop myself.

Went wih an assasin, gonna try and build strength+dex from there. I beat the first boss my first try but
the giant crystal lizar
kicked my ass.

Superflat

Loving it so far. Unlocked a couple shortcuts, beat a couple bosses. There's almost nothing like exploring new wilderness in a new Souls game. Runs like butter on my almost-old PC, and looks amazing.

I have to admit, I kinda missed the Bloodborne-isms (dodging, health stealing), but the combat in general feels more fast paced for a Souls game.

Getting enemy drops that aren't 90% blood vials is also refreshing as hell. Fashion-Souls is back.

Freeman76

Went wih an assasin, gonna try and build strength+dex from there. I beat the first boss my first try but
the giant crystal lizar
kicked my ass.

I'm doing the same, gonna level STR later though, first up I'm doing DEX, END and some ViG to make me more durable and make the health pool a bit larger. Got a decent sword off a crystal lizard (the big one in Undead Settlement) which uses 14 STR so I will build for that as well.

Soodanim

I started the game 3 times before I settled. Tried Knight for a basic first time build and try the weapon art then went pyro to try its stuff then settled on Thief because of that glorious weapon art that helped me get through the first boss first try. Still not quite got the parrying down yet, but I did only play for an hour or so. Today I will put the work in.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
how many [players can you summon for co op? 2 or 3? I can't seem to get more than 2, which does not include me, 3 including me.

Depending on the area, up to 4.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait one last thing for the night
Where is windowed fullscreen?

I TOLD YOU GUYS
HI YOSHI
Not sure what game you are playing but once you upgrade your estus flasks they are pretty damn useful, and putting points in health is important as hell in this game unless you are one of the 1% who can do a SL1 run.

Oh, I meant base estus, non upgraded fire
Just got an estus ring though so that might change!

And I did a level 1 Birth By Sleep Critical run without cheesing it/using ember
I'd infinitely rather do an SL1 run over that, that was probably the most sadistic thing I've done in a game.
That or 3rd birthday on genocide because it was so unforgiving in cheap ways.

Am I blind? Where the hell do I go from
firelink shrine?

Center, bottom floor, light the bonfire in the ash ring, teleport onwards.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I spent an hour crafting a face I will probably never even see.

Fuck that maan.

I'm going to go with a pretty lady and by GOD I will NOT wear any helmet that blocks her head/hair.

....uh..., please tell me that the head armor is a separate set of armor that you can take off from the main body independently. I will not be able to play this game for at least 5-6 more hours and this is the one I am kind of anxious about, hahaha.

Danneee

Quick: Knight or Herald as starting class? It's been a while since I played DS and loved using spear and shield in that one. That plus miracles gave me leaning towards the herald class but as I understand it miracles are not as useful in this one?

Games pretty fun so far, only beat the first mini boss, and first real boss so far, and only died to each twice.

This is coming from someone whose first Souls game was Bloodborne.

Gonna play some more later

Teknoman

Fuck that maan.

I'm going to go with a pretty lady and by GOD I will NOT wear any helmet that blocks her head/hair.

....uh..., please tell me that the head armor is a separate set of armor that you can take off from the main body independently. I will not be able to play this game for at least 5-6 more hours and this is the one I am kind of anxious about, hahaha.

It is.

Its been so long since I played a Souls game, I forgot that they have voice chat now. I played DS2 on PC...do more people use voice chat on consoles? PS4 this time around.

usp84

Fuck that maan.

Yes of course you can remove the head armor only

Meneses

how many [players can you summon for co op? 2 or 3? I can't seem to get more than 2, which does not include me, 3 including me.

One of the items (
the Dried Finger - i'm spoilering the name just in case
) the merchant lady sells is supposed to let you summon an extra ally but also open yourself to being invaded by one more enemy.

I haven't tried it though - the one time I summoned it was only 2 allies max.

Played it for about five hours or so, enjoying it a lot so far though I think I might have made my character too OP for now. Got beat by the beginning ice crystal guy like 4 times, so I grinded up a few levels, then once I fought him for the last time I realized what I had been doing wrong in the first place, and leveling up wasn't even necessary. Everything else has seemed pretty easy so yeah I might have overleveled but oh well still early in the game. Game still seems awesome so far

Jolkien

So im a bit confused about the multiplayer. I saw in the setting you can set a password to play with a friend ?

I just played demon Souls until about halfway and my ps3 died so I don't have too much experience with the series.

Lucifon

Has anyone preordered the hardcover guide from Amazon UK or another UK retailer? Meant to be out today but not shipped yet and Amazon are now telling me 2-5 weeks...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck that maan.

Of course it is. Not only do you not have to wear a helmet, you don't even have to wear pants if you don't want to.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Yes of course you can remove the head armor only

Of course it is. Not only do you not have to wear a helmet, you don't even have to wear pants if you don't want to.

Nice :)

Planning on becoming a female heavy armor heavy weapon user. I really like doing "contradictory" things like that for my avatars such as females with heavy weapons or males that go magic class.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I've played Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 as well as Bloodborne on consoles and never had a problem with the frame rate or anything else..but after 30 minutes on my ps4 I feel dizzy because of it ffs. ;_;

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It can't be much different than the GreatAxe from Dark Souls 1 right?

Also i hope i find a Black Knight Halberd or GreatAxe if they are even in the game this time

The roll attack has been nerfed as far as I can tell. It just does a slam into the ground and doesn't sweep. I believe that's the change that carried over from DkS 2. If someone tells me different and how to do that sweeping swipe, I'm going to wreck so much shit in this game. Maybe my carry isn't high enough.

KhayN

Neo Member
started with the thief, it's a pain in the ass having to deal with the first bosses with that knife. Parry is harsh :p Enjoying it so far, it really has the old Dark Souls/Demon Souls feeling.

oldboss

Everyone, their grandmothers and cousins got the game, but this is me right now waiting for my preorder...

18lnlcjli4rt1jpg.jpg

Don't worry, I'll only get to play it friday evening. -_- And I still have Salt and Sanctuary to finish. Busy week-end incoming !!

Tenebrous

Is it me or is blocking just pointless horseshit in this game? Everything chain hits so many times that your guard will be knocked through within a second or two anyway.

KAOz

Short bus special
I really need a Mimic helmet. Shit. Farming Covenant Items in the endgame and my luck is poop.

Anyone got one they'd be willing to part with? :p

artsi

Is it me or is blocking just pointless horseshit in this game? Everything chain hits so many times that your guard will be knocked through within a second or two anyway.

There's one enemy type that's the worst
the tall fuckers with curved swords
, it's like they have unlimited stamina and just keep hitting with a combo until you run out and die.

Sephzilla

I'm admittedly only about 3 and a half hours into the game (including deaths) but so far my early impression feels like this is the Dark Souls 2 that Dark Souls 2 should have been. Everything feels a little tighter and more like the original Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom