• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else missing attacks a lot? Forgot how short these weapons are compared to bloodborne. Even the blades of mercy came with dash attack

UberLevi

LxgEhr1.png

Wanted to make a male character but the hair options and beards were kinda bad, so I went with a chick. I think she turned out really well. I wanted to avoid getting into waifu territory, which was a little difficult without making the character your typical Dark Souls brand ugly.

Yo what is it that causes the
big pyromancer women with clubs
to appear near the (early boss spoiler)
rotting tree boss
?

They weren't spawning originally but after dying to the boss there is one there every time, really makes it difficult to retry the boss. Is this a new "fuck you go try something else" mechanic or have I missed something
?

You shouldn't run into her if you use the
Cliff Underside
bonfire, is that where you are spawning?

Wagram

I'm loving the shit out of this so far. The punishment is back; I totally missed seeing 90% of my life bar disappear when I messed up. Ahh good times.

Soulflarz

Banned
oh- do greatswords have the amazing joke spin of DS?
I can't explain the sheer joy it brought me in DS to run through enemies tapping R1 and insta killing 4 as I spun through them.

SPIN IS IN https://youtu.be/Eff0HgjbZd0?t=41s

Artorias' Greatsword got reskinned and renamed, BUT I'D RECOGNIZE IT ANYWHERE <3

sorry, superior and parry heavy second option
I'm going with the weapon that took me through 3 straight runs of DS1
*until NG++ where for bosses I used a Zweihander

arnehelst

What are the good classes for PvP? Not for invading, but for defence. Thinking of Herald for the heals.

Since I get invaded without fail every 30 mins in DS2, I'm going assume it's going to be the same for this.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
did anyone have any luck getting summoned on the way of blue covenant? 6 hours with the sigil equipped, no summons whatsoever.

If you're talking Way of the Blue, that only summons help for you.

You need Blue Sentinel to actively be summoned, I think - that will come later on, depending on where you are at 6 hours.

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel like I screwed my knight build early on by pumping levels into DEX to wield the katana early on.

Pretty hard to screw up your build
just like

start dumping points elsewhere

I have 24str atm out of joking- it offsets with the fact that you'll now kill things earlier

I mean, adding HP also only goes so far in this game since flasks don't heal you enough at all. I have 3x-ish a base flasks hp healing potency, and it really doesn't help that much.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I started with the fire gem, should I use it on the uchigatana?

Hold onto it and find a weapon that you think fits. You won't lose your stats if you just reinforce your weapon. Instead of it just being an Uchi +3, it'll turn into a Fire Uchi +3.

Cyborg

Damn it. I was stuck for 1h in FireLink Shrine looking for a way out! :( Till I realized you
could warp to other zone!
That was realy lame.

Soulflarz

Banned
out for the night, got 30% done according to the game progress route (which I'm checking whenever I finish a few areas).

also
I'm outposting Yoshichan by a mile
...feels so wrong

yet feels so right

Anyone else a huge fan of the thief knifes dodge art?
Maybe its the animation or perhaps its got more i frames than a roll but avoiding damage is too easy with that move.
Has made it consistently useful.

usp84

Loving this already! I played 3 hours yesterday i only beat the two bosses. I feel like this will take me far more than the 35 hours that seems to be the average time of completion.

I am thinking of using the GreatAxe later. Is it good?

Hikami

Think I'm gonna restart and try out Thief this time. Not really liking Assassin so far. Character creation came out horrible anyways so I'm gonna try to refine it.

I started with the fire gem, should I use it on the uchigatana?

You could temporarily use it on the Uchi to give it a bit more damage in the early game, but you might want to infuse it with a Sharp stone later on to get your scaling back.

Is spear a viable weapon later on? Good spears/halberd in the game?

Sure, really nice reach, I haven't really played with any spear weapons myself but I've run into plenty of them throughout my playthroughs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Loving this already! I played 3 hours yesterday i only beat the two bosses. I feel like this will take me far more than the 35 hours that seems to be the average time of completion.

I am thinking of using the GreatAxe later. Is it good?

You need to be a lot closer than you think. I love it. It doesn't scale all that well, but it makes up for it by hitting like a truck.
And you can infuse it with a heavy gem to help it scale a bit better if you're going with a strength build. It's an acquired taste. It's my boss killer.

vg247 suggests knight, level vigor to 17-18 and use roll as much as possible and not to go over 70% equip load :)

those playing please leave messages for illusory walls, thank you. Don't troll :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOW WE ENJOYING THIS FOLKS?

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
how many [players can you summon for co op? 2 or 3? I can't seem to get more than 2, which does not include me, 3 including me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I TOLD YOU GUYS

Freeman76

I mean, adding HP also only goes so far in this game since flasks don't heal you enough at all. I have 3x-ish a base flasks hp healing potency, and it really doesn't help that much.

Not sure what game you are playing but once you upgrade your estus flasks they are pretty damn useful, and putting points in health is important as hell in this game unless you are one of the 1% who can do a SL1 run.

anyone else playing DEX?

I've rolled assassin. Might swap to Knight or Warrior.

Kind of. Started a herald with spear. But have now bought halberd so might end up ballenced. Either way i like to use thin pointy weapons with decent speed and reach. Add some faith for support magic.

Anyway i got an hour in last night befor bed.

Took a right and killed that
blue ice thing
first go. Was slow going but got it down. Then took down
first boss
first go too.

Then spent some time exploring
fire link shrine
and then lastly died multiple times to
naked ninja dude but was determined and got him.

1st. What ya got buddy? Ah you super fast - die
2nd. Yeah theres a cliff there - die
3rd. You can parry??? Die
4th holy shit you have a long combo - die
5th maybe i fight you up there - die
6th fine its like that huh. Roll back stab 3 times. Repeat 5 times. He dies yay.

After all that i wonder around confused, realise
i need to teleport
. I do that. Look around. Awesome. Good first hour.

Great so far. Cant wait to play longer tonight.

Freeman76

how many [players can you summon for co op? 2 or 3? I can't seem to get more than 2, which does not include me, 3 including me.

I've been summoned into a game where there were 4 of us fighting the tree boss, but when I wanted to summon people to help with Abyss Watchers I only could summon one, not sure what that's all about

Navy Bean

You need to be a lot closer than you think. I love it. It doesn't scale all that well, but it makes up for it by hitting like a truck.
And you can infuse it with a heavy gem to help it scale a bit better if you're going with a strength build. It's an acquired taste. It's my boss killer.
My favorite weapon in the game for str build...and it looks badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom