• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Aw, I invaded someone and got kicked out cause they went in to fight O&S.

Edit: And again, but this time I was in his world for a few seconds and fought him. He somehow ran and triggered the boss cutscene and kicked me out.

ixix said:
On the upper balcony of the room where you fought Ornstein and Smough, on the wall opposite the one with the door to Gwynevere's room.

Alright. I took out
lautrec
ran into Ornstein and Smaugh, got whacked and put the game down for a while.

I'll be sure not to miss it before I'm out of there.

Septimius

Ken said:
Aw, I invaded someone and got kicked out cause they went in to fight O&S.

I would totally be greeting you if my PS3 didn't keep freezing. Seems to be low activity. I've had about 12 fights with 3 different people today. I'm pretty sure they all hate my Quelaag's Furysword by now. That shit is fantastic. Increased my damage threefold going from Uchigatana +10 to FS +5

Crap... I'm looking for the pyro trainer in the swamps
(as the other one went hollow)
... but I can't find her? Wiki says if Bed of Chaos is dead she wont show up? (that boss is dead for me) :(

Ken

Septimius said:
I would totally be greeting you if my PS3 didn't keep freezing. Seems to be low activity. I've had about 12 fights with 3 different people today. I'm pretty sure they all hate my Quelaag's Furysword by now. That shit is fantastic. Increased my damage threefold going from Uchigatana +10 to FS +5

I'd much rather be summoned by people to kill bosses, but in my combined hours I've sat waiting with a summon sign down, I've only been summoned once and it failed.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Is there an answer to this or should I just backtrack through Lordran killing everything?

That's pretty much what you'll have to do, if there isn't an easy boss (say, Gaping Dragon) you can whack for 20,000 souls.

K' Dash

Ken said:
I'd much rather be summoned by people to kill bosses, but in my combined hours I've sat waiting with a summon sign down, I've only been summoned once and it failed.

It's my lucky day then, I've been summoned like 10 times to fight S&O.

Styles

Sniper McBlaze said:
Is there an answer to this or should I just backtrack through Lordran killing everything?

You can also do co-op if you've already defeated the gaping dragon. Prepare to wait.

I read someone on here saying that, as a Pyromancer, you should invest mainly in DEX and VIT. I was wondering where it shows that DEX makes your spells cast faster, because I've invested a few points and haven't really noticed a difference.

Also, what does poise do?

Septimius said:
Ok guys, now I'm really scared.

So yesterday, the PS froze. I restarted it and it rebuilt its database. Scared me when it said it was doing it, but everything was fine. Today it decides to freeze again while loading Dark Souls. And then later again. Then it froze 5 times in a row, trying to start the game.

It always worked when it first loaded, but I did start getting worried. Just before it froze as I was loading a new area, but now it froze mid-PvP fight. I'm pretty scared, right now. I'm thinking dying HDD? What should I do? :(

What kind of HDDs go into the PS3? (fat) - Would I be able to stuff a new HDD in there and somehow preserve my saves?

I'm so scared :(

PS: When it froze upon loading the game, it was cold. No chance of overheating with those.
I feel for you bro :(

I had to go and buy a new ps3 today because mine finally decided to ylod. Thank god for cloud saving!

Good luck.

Manmademan said:
That's pretty much what you'll have to do, if there isn't an easy boss (say, Gaping Dragon) you can whack for 20,000 souls.

What is this Gaping dragon? The one on the bridge? He is alive. I got nothing to shoot him with though, heh... I think I acidentally killed the merchant who sells arrows too (the merchant who drops a ninja sword in Undead Burg).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting back in. Gonna take apart the Asylum and get me some Twinkling Titanite.

Sniper McBlaze said:
What is this Gaping dragon? The one on the bridge? He is alive. I got nothing to shoot him with though, heh... I think I acidentally killed the merchant who sells arrows too (the merchant who drops a ninja sword in Undead Burg).
You'll know the gaping dragon when you see him. Killing that merchant is a pretty rough thing early on though :(

knitoe

Sniper McBlaze said:
Gaping Dragon is the boss of The Depths.

Manmademan said:
I was wondering, do bosses give you the same amount when you're assisting another player?

Hawkian said:
Getting back in. Gonna take apart the Asylum and get me some Twinkling Titanite.

You'll know the gaping dragon when you see him. Killing that merchant is a pretty rough thing early on though :(

Hehe... Maybe it's just better to start over. So much has gone wrong. Feels sad to end a 26 hour save though. :/

Hawkian said:

Yeah I can't imagine how hard the beginning would have been without that merchant. However, it's also hard for me to understand why so many made that mistake. He's pretty clearly an npc imo

DigitalDevil said:
Yeah I can't imagine how hard the beginning would have been without that merchant. However, it's also hard for me to interns why so many made that mistake. He's pretty clearly an npc imo

I just tried attacking him without realizing that they'd die permanently.

Sniper McBlaze said:
I just tried attacking him without realizing that they'd die permanently.
Ahhh. I'm guessing you didn't play Demons Souls then? I keep forgetting there is a whole set of people who didn't get to play that one :/

DigitalDevil said:
Ahhh. I'm guessing you didn't play Demons Souls then? I keep forgetting there is a whole set of people who didn't get to play that one :/

Nope, never got the chance. :/
Seems like rerolling a new class is the way to go for me. How does thief sound? Too hard for me? Maybe a bandit since it's more like the warrior I had before?

cj_iwakura

And finished.

One very cool guy helped me beat Gwyn, we each took turns distracting him and pelting him with flames. Pretty epic.

Also, I lit the fire. Whoops.

The ending was even worse than Demon's Souls. At least that had narration. Dark Souls wins for an appropriate final battle, at least.

Overall, I love this game just as much, but it's hard to say which is the better. I think I'll just say they're both amazing, but Demon's Souls definitely left the greater impact.

Sad the end credits didn't have the same art gallery presentation.

matmanx1

So I watched a video of a level 1 Pyro killing Smough and Ornstein naked except for a lightning club. It was pretty impressive, especially the way he handled Ornstein after Smough went down. He took zero damage from Ornstein's powered up phase.

The video is over on mytoptrailer.com if you want to check it out. I think it outlines nicely how much more important skill and gear are in the Souls games over character level.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on getting the
Sunlight Maggot

So I know you have to get it in the
Lost Azalith shortcut area where you kill the small grasshopper-like bugs
, but is is it a guaranteed drop the first time you go through there, or something you have to farm for? I'm on NG+ so I've done it twice but didn't get it either time.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Aeana said:
Yes, I did. He's dead, no items around or anything.

How'd you manage simultaneous fatal blows anyhow?

Kalnos said:
While it sucks it can drop normally from other enemies later in the game.

Given the drop rate on those this isn't all that reassuring.

There is one other potential guaranteed one, but the sidequest for it is easy to fail.

feel

I keep finding entrances to major areas, where the name pops up and stuff, will the "plot" eventually take me to most of these places? Or should I just explore them as I find them?? (usually the enemies seem way too hard for my current level)

Kalnos

Banned
ixix said:

I know, but at least it's possible.
KuGsj.gif

Eusis

Aeana said:
Excellent. Stray demon and I killed each other at the same time, so whatever he dropped, I didn't get.
While it's nowhere near as bad since I could make one myself shortly afterward (and this was on the cheat character anyway) I had the mimic with the lightning spear JUMP BACKWARDS into the hole the elevator is. Maybe quitting and loading would've solved it, but so stupid something like that could happen.

Aeana

ixix said:
How'd you manage simultaneous fatal blows anyhow?

There is one other potential guaranteed one, but the sidequest for it is easy to fail.
I had him down to a sliver, then cast my final spell just as he did that stupid fire move. I died first, then my spell landed on him and he died.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Eusis said:
While it's nowhere near as bad since I could make one myself shortly afterward (and this was on the cheat character anyway) I had the mimic with the lightning spear JUMP BACKWARDS into the hole the elevator is. Maybe quitting and loading would've solved it, but so stupid something like that could happen.

That actually sounds hilarious. I'm surprised he can fit through that door, what with his big ol' head and all.

Kicked some invader's butt. Seems like he wasn't a glitcher or anything, so kudos to him!

Also, in
the painted world
and my mind is being blown by the sheer beauty, variety, and challenge of this place.

I'm sorry, but I reserve the right to still be amazed at this game, and I'm pretty confident this is my GOTY, all due respect to U3.

Kalnos

Banned
Hawkian said:
Made short work of the Stray Demon.

What else should
I definitely do and see in the Asylum?

Go back to the cell where you started the game.
Make sure you get the item there.
Also, there's a pretty good ring that you could see on the second floor but couldn't reach, you can probably get to it now.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Nope, never got the chance. :/
Seems like rerolling a new class is the way to go for me. How does thief sound? Too hard for me? Maybe a bandit since it's more like the warrior I had before?
Thief is a great class, just be sure to spend some time in the undead burg getting comfortable with the backstab mechanic. Once you have that down, you should have enough skill to do well. Parry/riposte is satisfying as well, but the penalty for missing the timing is much more severe (i.e. a sword to the face).

I'm a thief, and loving it. Be sure to pump dex/end. It's really important to be able to deflect blows from the stronger enemies.

Owzers

Today's achievements:

Grinded on Nito helping people kill him, getting to lvl 85 and using the rest of the souls to level up my pyro glove a tonnnnnnnn.

beating Fire Sage guy

beating Centipede a few times as phantom and then as human.

leveling up my dragon tooth to +4

Today's Question:

Is there a way to get out of the Nito pit so i can warp into the that bonfire and help people kill him without having to run alllllll the way back through catacombs/tomb of giants?

Sniper McBlaze said:
So... Where can I grind souls before at level 35 if I haven't opened the 20000 soul door in Darkroot?

Depends on where you are.
If you can't grind in the forest...
You can get 300 a pop quickly by using the dragon frying trick on the hellkite bridge in undead parish.
You can grind for titanite down in blighttown swamp by killing leeches and make about 3-4k a run.
You can grind the depths for humanity and titanite if you're comfortable with curse frogs.
You can just run a route in undead burg/parish if you rang the second bell in blighttown such that you get a bunch of drops then feed them to Frampt for souls.

Best grinding spot once you reach anor londo requires you to kill the boss, then to turn everything dark. With a homeward miracle, you can farm 12000 souls in less than a minute.

sillymonkey321 said:
Today's Question:

Is there a way to get out of the Nito pit so i can warp into the that bonfire and help people kill him without having to run alllllll the way back through catacombs/tomb of giants?

Doubt it. But if someone knows something I don't, please let me know; I'd like to use it to get to the humanity skeletons faster.

Ken

sillymonkey321 said:
Today's Question:

I looked around and if there was anything like a ladder in there, I didn't see it.

schwall20 said:
If anyone is playing right now, I need help with the wolf sif, Im human if you can drop a stone to assist that'd be awesome!

What's your SL? I'm SL 39.

Ken

Macattk15 said:
Someone invaded me .... and seemingly rolled THROUGH me and then 1 shot backstabbed me for 1.4k hp?

Wow. WTF.

I looked in the book of sinners and found some obvious hackers so he might have been one.

8ad18ece.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom