• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
sillymonkey321 said:
Today's Question:

Is there a way to get out of the Nito pit so i can warp into the that bonfire and help people kill him without having to run alllllll the way back through catacombs/tomb of giants?

Nope. :(

Macattk15

Ken said:
I looked in the book of sinners and found some obvious hackers so he might have been one.

8ad18ece.jpg

Yeah I have no idea, don't even remember their name.

This was around SL100 though ... not some lowbie BS stuff.

K1LLER7

guys i'm worried, After beating the
hydra
, I circled the water area and beat the
golden golem and saved the women
. then I saw the summon sign and while talking to her, another golem came from behind and killed her, so have I missed out on something important?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahahah... really stupidly lost out on all the souls from the Stray Demon. alas!

Getting better with the Jagged Ghost Blades. can't match the raw damage of my lightning knife (yet?) but I love them too much.

Ken

K1LLER7 said:
guys i'm worried, After beating the
hydra
, I circled the water area and beat the
golden golem and saved the women
. then I saw the summon sign and while talking to her, another golem came from behind and killed her, so have I missed out on something important?

She sells miracles; stuff like Repair, Cast Light, and Chameleon.

Macattk15 said:
Yeah I have no idea, don't even remember their name.

This was around SL100 though ... not some lowbie BS stuff.

Probably some high critical thing then. No idea what damage looks like that high.

LukeSmith

Does anyone have a particular weapon they are attached to? I've used Halberds and the Iaito (+5/+8) respectively, but I haven't found a weapon I really like yet.

May try a Claymore next?

equil

Hawkian said:
Oh man, you can only trade each item to Snuggly once? :'(

Actually, you can do it infinite number of times. But when you restart the game and come back dont pick the new item up, just drop another one, and it'll stack on the old one.

Ken

LukeSmith said:
Does anyone have a particular weapon they are attached to? I've used Halberds and the Iaito (+5/+8) respectively, but I haven't found a weapon I really like yet.

May try a Claymore next?

I liked using the great axes/hammers on my first character built for STR. My Pyromancer doesn't really allow for large weapons though so I'm just sticking with the Lightning Spear. :(

vodka-bull said:
How can I forge my Longsword +5 to Longsword +10 and where can I find the required material for that?

You need to find the ember that allows you to go from +5 to +10. I think the Butcher in the Depths guards that ember but I'll have to double check.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#Large Embers

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
equil said:
Actually, you can do it infinite number of times. But when you restart the game and come back dont pick the new item up, just drop another one, and it'll stack on the old one.
So, too late to do this, I guess? :(

IJoel

Just got to Tomb of the Giants and all I could think of was: REALLY? FROM is just trolling us at this point with annoying levels designed to make people stop playing their game.

IJoel said:
Just got to Tomb of the Giants and all I could think of was: REALLY? FROM is just trolling us at this point with annoying levels designed to make people stop playing their game.

I hear ya, but honestly, after Lost Izalith, I'd take Tomb anyday.

Ken

IJoel said:

It won't take too long before you run into the
Skull Lantern.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Remind me how to use the bosses souls. I have like 5 or 6 sitting in my inventory and I don't recall how to use them to improve weapons. Went to various blacksmiths and they don't seem to care.

Defuser

Finally beaten 4 kings,man you guys are right when you all said to abandon your normal playstyle and go iron flesh 2 hand weapon combo and go stright out crazy on them.I can't reach with my pyro without getting hit from them.

Ken

TTP said:
Remind me how to use the bosses souls. I have like 5 or 6 sitting in my inventory and I don't recall how to use them to improve weapons. Went to various blacksmiths and they don't seem to care.

Normal Weapon +10 > Boss Soul

Defuser said:
Finally beaten 4 kings,man you guys are right when you all said to abandon your normal playstyle and go iron flesh 2 hand weapon combo and go stright out crazy on them.I can't reach with my pyro without getting hit from them.

Do you not use a shield? I was able to get up close with my pyro using a regular sized shield and just circled close around the Four Kings spamming fireballs. I lose almost all my stamina blocking an attack but since casting doesn't consume stamina, I can usually recover enough stamina to block the next attack. For some reason my Iron Flesh must have been glitched since it didn't allow me to use it as soon as I entered New Londo Ruins.

TTP said:

+10 weapon of type matching soul + soul @ anor londo blacksmith.

GhostRidah said:
I hate skeletons right about now, especially when I cant find the damn fire guys.

I had a Gravelord invade me with his blight-type shit putting red skeletons up in the catacombs. And I had several instances of skeletons now dying against my divine iaito+9 unless the necro was dead. :\ That was an aggravating experience.

toasty_T said:
Is the Iaito in Blighttown worth going back for?

If you like Uchi/Washing Pole, hell yes.
It's right off the entrance via the depths, takes 2 minutes to go get.
I have a divine iaito+9 and working on an iaito+15 (currently at +6) to use with crystal magic weapon.

we.are.the.armada said:
Finish them off with a divine weapon to keep em down.

Unless you're me. <curses>

Ghost23

I see the bonfire off the cliff in Sen's fortress, but I have just a sliver of health and no estus flasks. Is there any way to get a little health so I survive the fall?

toasty_T said:
Is the Iaito in Blighttown worth going back for?

Iaito is easily one of the best weapons in the game when made into Lightning - however, the Uchigatana equally good (has thrust R2 instead of charge swing though) and can be bought from a merchant at the bottom of the waterwheel side of B.Town if you are a member of the Forest Guard Covenant.

FuzzyNorman said:
I see the bonfire off the cliff in Sen's fortress, but I have just a sliver of health and no estus flasks. Is there any way to get a little health so I survive the fall?

Only way I can think of is evil eye ring and go kill a couple things very carefully.

Use a humanity is the other option?

Finally finished this bad boy up for the first time. I beat the final boss with a Black Knight Halberd +5. It may not be as fast as some of my other weapons but man that thing does some damage.

I also helped 3 people beat the boss before I even tried him by myself. That aspect of the game is seriously brilliant, it's so fun to help someone finish up a boss that they're struggling with.

FuzzyNorman said:

Use a humanity, that bonfire is worth it. You could also try falling in such a way that you land on the sword of the bonfire, slowing your fall, and causing you to take no damage maybe.

cj_iwakura

Did anyone with the (horrible) LE artbook notice some of the unused monsters? Like the Fat Minister riding a boar? Wicked stuff.

Shame the quality of the book is a disaster. It's more like a collection of papers now.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Ken said:
For some reason my Iron Flesh must have been glitched since it didn't allow me to use it as soon as I entered New Londo Ruins.

Were you using a Transient Curse? That counts as a buff, and the game only lets you have one of those at a time.

Defuser

Ken said:
Normal Weapon +10 > Boss Soul

Do you not use a shield? I was able to get up close with my pyro using a regular sized shield and just circled close around the Four Kings spamming fireballs. I lose almost all my stamina blocking an attack but since casting doesn't consume stamina, I can usually recover enough stamina to block the next attack. For some reason my Iron Flesh must have been glitched since it didn't allow me to use it as soon as I entered New Londo Ruins.
when theres like 3 kings surroundong you I don't think your stamina can hold out long.

Ken

ixix said:
Were you using a Transient Curse? That counts as a buff, and the game only lets you have one of those at a time.

Maybe, but I remember not throwing on transient curses when I died and sprinted past all the enemies straight to the Abyss.

Defuser said:
when theres like 3 kings surroundong you I don't think your stamina can hold out long.

I must have killed him fast enough before getting ganged up by multiple Kings.

Ghost23

we.are.the.armada said:
Use a humanity, that bonfire is worth it. You could also try falling in such a way that you land on the sword of the bonfire, slowing your fall, and causing you to take no damage maybe.

0 Humanity. Oh man this is going to be crazy.

cj_iwakura said:
Did anyone with the (horrible) LE artbook notice some of the unused monsters? Like the Fat Minister riding a boar? Wicked stuff.

Shame the quality of the book is a disaster. It's more like a collection of papers now.

Yeah I was actually looking forward to fighting that guy. Haha, my book died too - at least From is consistent with surprise death.

Just finished Tomb of the Giants. Not sure what the hate was, I thought this one was pretty good. Now, that being said I completely, totally, and unfairly had advanced warning about this place and the darkness from this thread. So I did Lost Izalith first, and got the Sunlight Maggot.

So if you have not done any of those zones yet, trust me, GET SUNLIGHT MAGGOT. Because for me, a first-timer in Tombs, I found it enjoyable. I couldn't actually believe how far you had to get into Tombs in total darkness before you got the lamp, and I could see that being majorly frustrating.

However lots of people here talked about being ambushed, archers from out of the darkness, etc. Well, it's a Souls game... not trying to sound condescending, but walk don't run and shield UP at all times. I got ambushed plenty from those archers (I exaggerate... I think there is maybe 3-4 of them in the entire zone). But all it did was bounce off my shield and let me know someone was out to get me.

Anyways, YMMV of course, but I found the atmosphere and slow pace of this zone to be really quite good. I liked it much more than Lost Izalith in which I felt the architecture and atmosphere was fantastic, but the enemy placement was somewhat... uninspired.

Only one trouble with my Tombs run
I told Patches that I was a Cleric. But when I came back up out of the hole to talk to him, he said I was a scumbag Cleric, and he'd finish the job himself and attacked me. I had to kill him, but I had thought that later you were able to buy items from him :(. Not sure if that is what happens if you tell him you are NOT a Cleric or not.

Ken

Oracle Dragon said:
I told patches that I was a cleric. But when I came back up out of the whole to talk to him, he said I was a scumbag cleric, and he'd finish the job himself and attacked me. I had to kill him, but I had thought that later you were able to buy items from him :(. Not sure if that is what happens if you tell him you are NOT a Cleric or not.

You need to tell him you aren't a Cleric, get kicked down the hole, and forgive him afterwards and then he'll head to Firelink Shrine. He doesn't seem to be as important a merchant compared to what he sold in Demons Souls though.

Oracle Dragon said:
I told patches that I was a cleric. But when I came back up out of the whole to talk to him, he said I was a scumbag cleric, and he'd finish the job himself and attacked me. I had to kill him, but I had thought that later you were able to buy items from him :(. Not sure if that is what happens if you tell him you are NOT a Cleric or not.

Patches will sell the equipment of Vince and Nico, as well as Humanity and Eyes of Darkness - oh yeah, and the masks that Pinwheel can drop. Good stuff.

Also, why can't Stockpile "Dad of the Year" Thomas get a cameo. Come on From.

Ken

we.are.the.armada said:
Also, why can't Stockpile "Dad of the Year" Thomas get a cameo. Come on From.

What if his soul was in the Bottomless Box and it spoke to you every time you opened it?

Ken said:
What if his soul was in the Bottomless Box and it spoke to you every time you opened it?

Hell yes, such potential! Oh my god, it would be awesome if you heard this haunting, echoing voice of Stockpile saying, "You have a heart of gold..."

Also, I'm pretty close to getting my platinum trophy - any idea how many others have gotten plat/full achieves here?

scy

Do
New Londo
with no Humanity, get 1-2 Titanite Chunks per run to the boss (+1 Slab!).

Do it with maxed Item Discovery, get no drops at all over two hours.

/wrists

cj_iwakura

we.are.the.armada said:
Hell yes, such potential! Oh my god, it would be awesome if you heard this haunting, echoing voice of Stockpile saying, "You have a heart of gold..."

Also, I'm pretty close to getting my platinum trophy - any idea how many others have gotten plat/full achieves here?

I had 64% after I finished. Only one I could've gotten(besides all Pyros) was for
killing Gwyndolin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom