• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
shahkur said:
So, I just beat Quelaag, and OMG the bitch took me 2 HOURS! 2 FUCKING HOURS to beat!!! I had 5 flasks, and an axe that took 140 damage, since my 180 sword broke. I've never used humanity, as I dont know how it works and can't really be bothered. No rekindling. Nothing. Just 1 on 1. Phew.

I'm at demon ruins right now and got some armour near a lava monster which one-hit me. Do I even have to fight him at level 34? Now, where do I go next?
Haha, you don't have to but there's actually a gimmick to that fight that makes him easy to beat for a level one character. Your next goal, if you've rung both bells, is Sen's Fortress, which is off Undead Parish.

Dresden

Damn, so crossbows don't scale - meaning that they can easily go lightning - meaning that I can probably just hit the reqs for whatever crossbow I want to use (probably Heavy and the Avelyn), then just pump up Endurance and Vitality and wear the biggest fucking armor I can find.

Santiako

Roklie said:
But it stops scaling after you turn it into an elemental weapon, doesn't it? I don't if I want that if it's good only for a while. How much damage are you doing?

It does more damage than the scaling weapons. I think it does around 640 dmg.

BeeDog

Damn, and I thought the Anor Londo boss was hard on NG+. The New Londo boss is kicking my ass repeatedly; don't seem to have a fast and high damage output. :(

demosthenes said:
First bell tower, you can repent your sins. Soul lvl *2 as payment to get NPCs not to hate you.

It was *200 so it costs me 74000...

So... How important is that blacksmith? I'll NEVER grind that many souls.

psykomyko

Got to Anor Londo last night, my goodness, this level is absolutely gorgeous and huge! It's not a super difficult area, but still a good challenge. I am having a tad bit of difficulty with those Bat Wing Demons, but nothing I can't overcome :)

PS, I love the Lightning Spear!

putarorex

I finished this game a couple weeks ago and was thinking about starting up NG. Is it just the same mob placement with tougher hp? Anything new at all?

RyanDG

Sniper McBlaze said:
It was *200 so it costs me 74000...

So... How important is that blacksmith? I'll NEVER grind that many souls.

It's the only guy that can get you from +5 to +6 and +10 to +11 weapons (for std damage). Which means that if you don't have weapons already at +5 or +10, you won't be able to even change them for elemental weapons. Additionally, no divine weapons.

To be honest, he is the most important blacksmith in game IMO.

RyanDG said:
It's the only guy that can get you from +5 to +6 and +10 to +11 weapons (for std damage). Which means that if you don't have weapons already at +5 or +10, you won't be able to even change them for elemental weapons. Additionally, no divine weapons.

To be honest, he is the most important blacksmith in game IMO.

Well then. Fuck this! Byyyye Dark Souls. It was a good ride, but you were fucking cheap sometimes.

purg3

slept with Malkin
oh god, shield only run on the stream I'm watching. Pretty awesome, they actually took down the Taurus demon so far. Funny shit.

x3r0123

putarorex said:
I finished this game a couple weeks ago and was thinking about starting up NG. Is it just the same mob placement with tougher hp? Anything new at all?

NG or NG+? in NG+, mobs hits harder and have more hp

RyanDG

Sniper McBlaze said:
Well then. Fuck this! Byyyye Dark Souls. It was a good ride, but you were fucking cheap sometimes.

76,000 souls would only be 11-12 runs in the forest for grinding. Literally 20-30 minutes. You shouldn't let that stop you.

RyanDG said:
76,000 souls would only be 11-12 runs in the forest for grinding. Literally 20-30 minutes. You shouldn't let that stop you.

About 5 trees per run = 500. Or do you mean I should go down and kill those giants and the other stuff below too?

Edit: And I probably won't do it because if a game makes me grind 76000 souls (that I would rather spend on leveling instead) because I pressed ONE button wrong it's not worth it. A hard game I can take, but this is on a new level of punishment.

RyanDG

Sniper McBlaze said:
About 5 trees per run = 500. Or do you mean I should go down and kill those giants and the other stuff below too?

Edit: And I probably won't do it because if a game makes me grind 76000 souls (that I would rather spend on leveling instead) because I pressed ONE button wrong it's not worth it. A hard game I can take, but this is on a new level of punishment.

Behind the forest covenant wall (the sealed door for 20k souls). You can still get through the game without that blacksmith--it'll just take a little bit of an alternative approach...

Did you at least get any weapons up to +5?

RyanDG said:
Behind the forest covenant wall (the sealed door for 20k souls). You can still get through the game without that blacksmith--it'll just take a little bit of an alternative approach...

Did you at least get any weapons up to +5?

I have a Raw Halberd with +3 or +4 I think.

Won't help me much though...

Sullichin

Holy fucking shit I hate Priscilla the Crossbreed.

I cannot fucking beat this bitch. Any tips other than "look at her footprints" which i'm obviously doing. I still usually die before she becomes visible. SO ANNOYING. Is there any way I can still skip this fight once I've already made her aggro?

Eusis

Use a weapon with a wide attack arc, rather than something like the lightning spear that just jabs forward. Also apparently if you shoot an arrow at her it'll stick for awhile. I didn't actually fight her, but my brother did and had the same problem until he switched to a greatsword from his spear
Gravelord's Sword to be specific if you were curious, but it really shouldn't matter much here.

Sullichin

Eusis said:
Use a weapon with a wide attack arc, rather than something like the lightning spear that just jabs forward. Also apparently if you shoot an arrow at her it'll stick for awhile. I didn't actually fight her, but my brother did and had the same problem until he switched to a greatsword from his spear
Gravelord's Sword to be specific if you were curious, but it really shouldn't matter much here.

Thanks. I'm using a gargoyle's halberd which has a wide swing, and I still have a lot of trouble hitting her and she kills me in like 2 hits when she's invisible.

RyanDG

Sullichin said:

I cannot fucking beat this bitch. Any tips other than "look at her footprints" which i'm obviously doing. I still usually die before she becomes visible. SO ANNOYING. Is there any way I can still skip this fight once I've already made her aggro?

Do you have a fire weapon or anything with fire damage? If so, it turns the fight into a joke.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm mainly using the grass crest shield for the stamina regen, outside of that what is considered the best shield?

Also, really liking Quelaag's fury sword. Got it to +4 so far, and I like it since it scales with dex since I started as a dex build. Also got a lightning Uchi at around +3, so far not seeing what's so great about it.

JVIDICAN

Sullichin said:

hit her with pyromancy and she'll be visible for usually the remainder of the fight.

Ken

purg3 said:
I'm mainly using the grass crest shield for the stamina regen, outside of that what is considered the best shield?

I'm just using the Crest Shield because it has an okay defense and has 100% physical defense and somewhat high magic defense too.

I still haven't beaten the last boss. I don't have the patience to block a million attacks just so I can get one hit in myself. I'm sl 73 at the moment. Maybe I should just grind until I can 3 shot him.

Sullichin

JVIDICAN said:
hit her with pyromancy and she'll be visible for usually the remainder of the fight.

My problem is hitting her while she's invisible. I've only successfully gotten her visible with melee, Ive never successfully landed a fireball while she's invisible. Game is making me so angry now

Ken said:
I'm just using the Crest Shield because it has an okay defense and has 100% physical defense and somewhat high magic defense too.

swapping between this for magic, the dark knight shield for fire defense, and eagle shield for Lightning defense depending on the situation. The latter two weigh 6 each though.

One Lord Soul left. Blazed through Nito, Seath, and 4 Kings today. The cheapest so far had to be the paths to get to Seath.

I'm Really starting to regret making a rounded build character. For some of these bosses I wish I had better armor/shields and the endurance not to be too heavy. Hopefully the last lord soul and ultimate boss won't kill me too many times.

Sullichin said:
My problem is hitting her while she's invisible. I've only successfully gotten her visible with melee, Ive never successfully landed a fireball while she's invisible. Game is making me so angry now

I used iron flesh and tanked her ass out. She died in such a cute way. I wish I didn't pillage and kill the peaceful civilians of her village.

I took a break from those archers in anor londo (WORST. FIGHT. IN. THE. GAME.) and went to go join the forest covenant.

I got summoned twice in short order (and got owned) but somehow while waiting to get summoned again, somehow one of the forest NPCs decides to suicide. I get 2000 souls, but I also get kicked out of the covenant and now I have spirits of vengeance trying to invade me for breaking the covenant!

I didn't do it! the game is buggy!

PLEASE tell me there's a way around this (the cat told me to go F myself) that doesn't involve paying a billion souls to that dude in the tower

Aeana

The shortcut in Sen's Fortress is full of crap. It puts you right next to two enemies on a tiny little pathway. I've died like 5 times trying to use it. (._. )

Sullichin

Infernodash said:
I used iron flesh and tanked her ass out. She died in such a cute way. I wish I didn't pillage and kill the peaceful civilians of her village.

Don't have iron flesh. :/

Ugh, and when I Finally leave this world it's back to a part in Anor Londo that is nigh impossible for me. I really hit a wall in this game.

deim0s

Manmademan said:
I took a break from those archers in anor londo (WORST. FIGHT. IN. THE. GAME.) and went to go join the forest covenant.

I got summoned twice in short order (and got owned) but somehow while waiting to get summoned again, somehow one of the forest NPCs decides to suicide. I get 2000 souls, but I also get kicked out of the covenant and now I have spirits of vengeance trying to invade me for breaking the covenant!

I didn't do it! the game is buggy!

PLEASE tell me there's a way around this (the cat told me to go F myself) that doesn't involve paying a billion souls to that dude in the tower
Absolve your sins. Farm there if you have to to reach it.

Then rejoin the covenant, talk to Shiva and/or go to blighttown to not glitch him or his guard (if theyre still alive). Try save load right after rejoining, heard this one works too. I've avoided this covenant bacause its glitchy like that... So i havent killed anyone yet that glitches within, except for the knights and the bow wielding bitch and a bit of souls fairly early in the game.

deim0s

Sullichin said:
Don't have iron flesh. :/

Ugh, and when I Finally leave this world it's back to a part in Anor Londo that is nigh impossible for me. I really hit a wall in this game.
Run past her to the end of the bridge, get back at her when you're ready.

Sullichin

deim0s said:
Run past her to the end of the bridge, get back at her when you're ready.

I wish I could, but it doesn't seem to work once I already started the battle. It doesn't trigger a cutscene to send me back to Anor Londo, I just fall and die.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused, what is it about Andor Londo's archers that's so annoying? I've beaten the area days ago, and the only annoying thing about the area were the silver knights who didnt shoot arrows, not the archers.

Maybe my SL was too high? I was somewhere around SL 60 when I got there.

dewkl

Neo Member
Any recommendations for good dexterity weapon I can get before Queelag's Furysword? I'm at blighttown currently, level 40.

JVIDICAN

Sullichin said:
From my experience she always moves to the left right after going invisible. maybe try spamming it there? Did you open the shortcut in the level? that'd definitely make dieing less frustrating. :p

Ugh, been trying to play something else all afternoon because I cant recover my cloud save until tomorrow morning. Try going from dark souls to infamous 2. The effect is similar to the feeling you get right after taking off a pair of roller skates. Weird.

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom