• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

MedIC86 said:
Question: if i ascend a weapon for example to divine, can i later undo that to make it lightning or something?
Yes, but you will lose all the upgrade shards/chunks/slabs that you used to upgraded it when you revert it back to a Normal weapon.

Dresden

Black Knight Greataxe +5 was well worth grinding two hours for Twinkling Titanites. Love the damage, the scaling is decent and will only get better later, and dat moveset.

Zeliard

Kyoufu said:
EDIT: Actually I'm not sure. :(

Moonlight Sword in the first game was the ultimate turtle slapper due to its ability to just ignore shields as if they weren't even there. Glorious weapon in low-level PvP when more shield users are running around.

Booshka

Dresden said:
Black Knight Greataxe +5 was well worth grinding two hours for Twinkling Titanites. Love the damage, the scaling is decent and will only get better later, and dat moveset.
Not really, you get like one more HP of damage every 1-2 levels of STR you increase. :/

It's still amazing though, but if you increased your STR from 36-58 like I have, you will only get like 35 more HP's of damage out of it, not worth it. I increased my Strength to 50 for the speed, then to 58 for
Smough's
Hammer, which is meh

Kyoufu

Zeliard said:
Moonlight Sword in the first game was the ultimate turtle slapper due to its ability to just ignore shields as if they weren't even there. Glorious weapon in low-level PvP when more shield users are running around.

Was that with the special attack or any attack at all?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
AH MA GAH!

I "examined" the painting in Anor Londo and now I'm stuck in the Painted World of Aramis. I tried suiciding but I was transported to the beginning of the area instead of the bonfire.

Will using Homward Bones work? I have a few things to complete in Anor.

Edit:

AH MA GAH THE BONE DOESN'T WORK!

Jinfash said:
AH MA GAH!

I "examined" the painting in Anor Londo and now I'm stuck in the Painted World of Aramis. I tried suiciding but I was transported to the beginning of the area instead of the bonfire.

Its not very long or hard except for one tiny part and the last boss is easy. Just go through it. Just make sure to kill the walking pustules from a distance.

Ken

Jinfash said:
AH MA GAH!

Edit:

AH MA GAH THE BONE DOESN'T WORK!

Homeward Bone will probably send you back to the Painted World's bonfire.

Dresden

Booshka said:
Not really, you get like one more HP of damage every 1-2 levels of STR you increase. :/

It's still amazing though, but if you increased your STR from 36-58 like I have, you will only get like 35 more HP's of damage out of it, not worth it. I increased my Strength to 50 for the speed, then to 58 for
Smough's
Hammer, which is meh
I'm thinking more of the patch that should be coming out soon.

Booshka

Dresden said:
I'm thinking more of the patch that should be coming out soon.
Let's hope so, if the patch works like it should, my damage should bump up at least 100 points opposed to ~30. I've left my Dex low because the scaling is lame, and most of the weapons I use have none or E level scaling.

Kyoufu

Zeliard said:
Any attack.

Wow, that's awesome. I don't think it does that this time but I'm really not sure. I don't see anyone using it in PVP so I assume it doesn't.

Or maybe crystal homing mass spell kills players before the need to swing with it. :)

Trevelyon

Dark Souls: The Quest for slab. 3 hours in, one titanite slab.

Probably better to go NG+ get a second gold serpent ring, 600 item discovery + another 100-200 point from humanity and go nuts.

Though, I hear NG+ can be a real slog, so maybe it's better just to stick to calmer waters, clear up all my reinforcement stuff and as much rare weapons as possible and then switch up.

Psy-Phi

Augemitbutter said:
shitty droprate for Souvenir of Reprisal. i need 5 more :( i think this is my last big hurdle for platinum.
What do you need those for to get plat? And if you're after levels in Darkmoon Cov, then why not just use the Blue Eye Orb and pwn some sinners?

Doc Evils said:
I finished the game. :D

I'm torn if I want to finish my run-through just yet, or spend some time upgrading some items before NG+ and finishing off some of the optional content. But even then, think I've done just about everything except one of the Prowling Demon's, and the Hydra in Ash Lake.

demosthenes said:
Has to stay on.

I could try the shield, ugh he just had so much HP. Wondering if I siwtch to my Fire Murakamo+10, has much higher base damage but doesn't scale at all like Furysword does...or I could just run in there and try to spam all my pyro spells, anyone know how those work?

I beat them on NG+. Used a Black Knight Halbred+5, two-handed and wore Havel's Armor. I just spammed my attacks and it was really easy. I had one beat usually with 10 seconds or so until the next one spawned, giving me plenty of time to heal if I needed to.

Aselith

Trevelyon said:
Dark Souls: The Quest for slab. 3 hours in, one titanite slab.

Probably better to go NG+ get a second gold serpent ring, 600 item discovery + another 100-200 point from humanity and go nuts.

Though, I hear NG+ can be a real slog, so maybe it's better just to stick to calmer waters, clear up all my reinforcement stuff and as much rare weapons as possible and then switch up.

I don't think you can equip a ring of the same type twice? I'll confirm in just a moment.

Psy-Phi said:
What do you need those for to get plat? And if you're after levels in Darkmoon Cov, then why not just use the Blue Eye Orb and pwn some sinners?

it's for a miracle. i might try if the drop rate stays like this. online has been very inconsistent for me, that's why i didn't bother.

Psy-Phi said:

darkmoon cov doesn't have level restriction for pvp? if so, i'm not gonna bother to fight the glitchers.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Uh, what's up with the Harpies in Aramis? I climbed to the rooftop of the first areas, and two of them gangbanged my character. The second time I went there, they didn't show up. Is is a random occurrence or just a one time greeting?

ixix said:
To the best of my understanding Poise determines whether a hit from an enemy interrupts your animations, whereas Stability determines how much Stamina you lose when an enemy attack hits your shield.

A character with high Poise can start the Estus Flask drinking animation and get hit by an enemy while in the middle of it, but still complete the drink. A low-Poise character would get interrupted and wouldn't finish drinking. This also holds true for attacks. A high Poise lets you complete an attack animation even if you get hit in the middle of it, whereas a low Poise means that your attack animation will be interrupted. A character with a high-Stability shield can take more hits before running out of Stamina and getting staggered than a character with a low-Stability shield.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I was able to beat the Gargoyle bosses fairly easy, but now kinda lost on where to go. I don't want to go through the Catacombs & don't want to go through Londos.

The only other area I can think of is that one area where the blacksmith is, it has that one legged monster & he absolutely destroys me.
I'm Level 15, Drake Sword with 15 in STR & DEX & doing barely any damage to him.
His 3 hit combo eats all my stamina when guarding & his jump attacks eats it all up & damages me.

Also before I forget to ask again, but HOW TO I CHANGE TARGETS WITH THE LOCK-ON?
I systematically pressed every button on my controller, including teh guide, select & start buttons & it will not manually switch targets!
In Demons Souls, you just flicked the right analog stick left & right, but that doesn't work.

Ken

Sullichin said:
Am I close to the god damn blacksmith in Anor Londo? I'm at the bonfire past those asshole archers. Dying to upgrade my weapon

Not too far. Once you get to the great hall with two giants, there's a path on the upper floor that leads to the blacksmith.

Jinfash said:
Uh, what's up with the Harpies in Aramis? I climbed to the rooftop of the first areas, and two of them gangbanged my character. The second time I went there, they didn't show up. Is is a random occurrence or just a one time greeting?

Might be random, not sure. They seem to spawn far away but if they spot you they will fly to you.

Zeliard

See You Next Wednesday said:
Also before I forget to ask again, but HOW TO I CHANGE TARGETS WITH THE LOCK-ON?
I systematically pressed every button on my controller, including teh guide, select & start buttons & it will not manually switch targets!
In Demons Souls, you just flicked the right analog stick left & right, but that doesn't work.

You flick the right analog stick left & right.

Dresden

See You Next Wednesday said:
T

Gotta flick it twice in the direction you want.

Sullichin said:
Am I close to the god damn blacksmith in Anor Londo? I'm at the bonfire past those asshole archers. Dying to upgrade my weapon

Quite close. The blacksmith is in a passageway off a main, large hallway area that houses the fog door to the area boss (you'll be able to tell when you get there).

Jinfash said:

if you tried to loot that corpse they show up. go near it again and they will reappear.

Dresden

DigitalDevil said:
Is it worth upgrading the shadow armor set as a thief? The armor is sexy but twinkling titanite.... Damn.
Nah unless you enjoy grinding for days just to max out what will probably be a mediocre set.

scy

Jinfash said:

The ones that fly over should be linked to going far enough on the roofs (and/or looting a body); they kind of get triggered and then head over. Or maybe it is just a line of sight thing that coincides with one of those two.

Insaniac

Sir Garbageman said:
Someone please tell me there is a hidden bonfire before you get to the boss in the Crystal Caves? Getting down there is a pain in the ass.

nope.

edit: at least not that I know of.

Sir Garbageman said:
Someone please tell me there is a hidden bonfire before you get to the boss in the Crystal Caves? Getting down there is a pain in the ass.

Nope. Next time you're crossing the invisible bridges put down signs, so next time you can just run across them.

scy

Really wish there was a soulsuck ability again; want to remove some five points from my Faith build (I never use my Bow so 18 DEX is unnecessary, raised Endurance to 41 instead of 40 because I'm an idiot). Kind of OCD enough to reroll the character over this but ... I just finished farming Twinkling Titanites.

:/

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Where is a good place to get twinkling titanite. I got it from the bird but haven't gotten any, anywhere else. I've gotten my astora's sword to +4 now I want it to +5.

DigitalDevil said:
Is it worth upgrading the shadow armor set as a thief? The armor is sexy but twinkling titanite.... Damn.

it's very light and good for looks, high poison and bleed resistance and if you want to go for maximum agility. i have +5 on all but the helmet, +4 on that piece. almost done with ng+, never looked back.

Dresden

MechaGodzilla said:
Where is a good place to get twinkling titanite. I got it from the bird but haven't gotten any, anywhere else. I've gotten my astora's sword to +4 now I want it to +5.
Great Hollow has quite a few that you can hunt for.

Ash Lake has two or so clams that you can farm.

Crystal Cave has five or so clams that you can farm.

Enjoy. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom