• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3r0123

The_Monk said:
Thanks. So it's going to take me a looong walk to get there from where I am, right?

When will it be possible for to go
from bonfire to bonfire
?

Because it's really going to be a long walk + poison + traps + dark + framerate, lol.

you get to warp between bonfires after you beat anor londo so thats the part after sen's fortress

there is a shortcut from blighttown to firelink. Just take the waterwheel and keep on taking the ladders. Once you are out of there, you will end up in valley of drake. From there, you will have to go across and open the door

finalozzo said:
how can i kill the phalanx? They keep respawning.

they are meant to be like that

Wallachia said:
Lay down your SUMMON sign.. help someone beat her.. get some humanity, then summon someone to help you :) that's what I will work on tonight.

Love the fight so far, and that lava.. although the graphics are'nt 'superb' the lava just looks and feels hot and painful.
I did that exactly, unfortunately for me the other player did not reciprocate.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Is there info on

B scaling wpn+15 vs lightning wpn+5 vs Fire wpn+10?

Also is there a formula of each +1 upgrade increment in dmg? which I believe depends on not only the scaling rating, also the base dmg?

Gaping Dragon wasn't nearly as hard as everyone was making it out to be, unless it's easier as a melee character?

Cut it's tail off first try and nearly killed it but I messed up right at the end.

Varna

Jonsoncao said:
Is there info on

B scaling wpn+15 vs lightning wpn+5 vs Fire wpn+10?

Also is there a formula of each +1 upgrade increment in dmg? which I believe depends on not only the scaling rating, also the base dmg?

Basically as of now unless your str/dex is above 60 you can't hope to compete with magic/elemental weapons. Not to mention not even being able to come close to the utility of magic weapons (being able to exploit weaknesses, chip damage through shields, etc).

When this next patch hits hopefully a lot changes.

TheHakku

DualShadow said:
Gaping Dragon wasn't nearly as hard as everyone was making it out to be, unless it's easier as a melee character?

Cut it's tail off first try and nearly killed it but I messed up right at the end.
That's the frustrating part.
...But yeah, pretty easy for me, too. Took out the caster first.

Booshka

Wallachia said:
I have one of those too. Just need to build up my strength enough to wield it. That and the Gaping Dragon's axe..
don't bother leveling strength up for that weapon, it sucks, weighs a ton and doesn't scale. Just stick to Black Knight Weapons, or elemental. Really sad that the boss weapons aren't worth the effort of getting them, upgrading them, then leveling to have the stats to wield them, really disappointing.

Alucrid

Banned
DualShadow said:

It's really easy, you just have to take your time and be sure to keep running away constantly until he's ready to charge.

Booshka

x3r0123 said:
maybe i should make a character just to help low leveled players :S
Make several characters

Level 15 for the Gargoyles

Level 20 for Capra

Level 30 for Quelagg

Level 50 for Fatboy Slim

Some thoughts on the ending (spoilers obviously):

Some have said that lighting the fire is the bad ending. If you walk away you become the new lord, and some have said that this is starting a new age of man. I disagree. I think if you walk away you just become a replacement for the dude you fought. If you light the fire and sacrifice yourself, you end the chain (denying the snake thing's plot). Just my 2 cents.

Maybe I just don't want to think I got the bad ending, though.

Atolm

So, sins carry over to NG+? I want to kill the Chaos covenant npc for the Fire Keeper Soul, but if I need to pay 300k souls for the absolution...damn, I'm not doing Lost Izalith again. Shortcut only.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Zzoram said:
Getting Seath's tail is impossible.
His tail is the hardest boss in the game. But there is an easy trick to it. After you break the one thing. SPRINT TO HIS FUCKING TAIL WHILE HE IS STUCK IN THAT ROAR. If you cant cut it off by then well better luck next time.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Hawkian said:
What do the souls let you do? I don't think I even got one...

Soul of Smough = Smough's Hammer

Soul of Ornstein = Dragonslayer Spear

You basically get the soul of whichever you kill last.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jinfash said:
Soul of Smough = Smough's Hammer

Soul of Ornstein = Dragonslayer Spear

You basically get the soul of whichever you kill last.
Nice. I sure like his armor (seen here with my twin jagged ghost blades).
iVm7f.png

Thagomizer said:
I finally kill the Hellkite dragon, and lose the souls from falling off a cliff and getting killed by an enemy I've killed a thousand times like a noob.

GOD DAMMNIT

Also, parrying is ridiculous. I swear to God the timing window changes every single time.
Hahaha, i'll share a story too. Killed quelaag, and an invader so had like 30k souls on me. Rode the water wheel, passed through drake valley to firelink, ran up the steps and because I was expecting the elevator to just BE THERE......fell to my death.

Got in a hurry, rolled off the water wheel too soon.... Goodbye 30k!

I hope someone saw my bloodstain and lol'd.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So..finally..a month later..entered Blighttown.. this place is super easy. Was expecting a lot worse, but it's true that spending so much time in the forest area has probably leveled me enough to breeze through for a while. Also the Demon Spear I bought from Shiva is sick nasty, replaced my Dark Knight 1h Sword.

Dresden

DualShadow said:
Most people agree that it's one of the easiest bosses in the game.

WheelHoss1 said:
Some thoughts on the ending (spoilers obviously):

Some have said that lighting the fire is the bad ending. If you walk away you become the new lord, and some have said that this is starting a new age of man. I disagree. I think if you walk away you just become a replacement for the dude you fought. If you light the fire and sacrifice yourself, you end the chain (denying the snake thing's plot). Just my 2 cents.

Maybe I just don't want to think I got the bad ending, though.
Maybe you should actually use spoiler tags? Jesus.

Atolm said:
So, sins carry over to NG+? I want to kill the Chaos covenant npc for the Fire Keeper Soul, but if I need to pay 300k souls for the absolution...damn, I'm not doing Lost Izalith again. Shortcut only.
From what I've seen in this thread and the others, your sin does NOT carry over.

tc farks

I'm glad he at least said spoilers so I was able to close my eyes and say na na na na na even though there was no possible way to hear it

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Got RROD while playing this game last week..

Well, i repaired it myself by removing the Xclamps, switching to washers and adding artic silver thermal paste! Now i can continue playing this! YES.

Booshka

Jinfash said:
Wait, is he supposed to drop his armor?! I only got Ornestein's souls.
You buy it later from the merchant that sells boss armor, he is sitting under the bridge from Firelink to Undead Burg where the Ring of Sacrifice is.

cj_iwakura

Jinfash said:
Wait, is he supposed to drop his armor?! I only got Ornestein's souls.

The Eastern Vendor sells it later on underneath the Firelink bridge.

Just did Gargoyles with SunBro on NG+. Dang was that fun.

And Combustion DECIMATES them.

Zzoram

WTF why is the starter sorcery catalyst the best one in the game? I've found like 5 different ones and they're all lower damage.

The only one that does more damage reduces your charges of magic by half, but doesn't do double the damage so it's not worth it.

DualShadow said:

Shits easiest boss in the game if you're patient

soldat7

Zzoram said:
WTF why is the starter sorcery catalyst the best one in the game? I've found like 5 different ones and they're all lower damage.

The only one that does more damage reduces your charges of magic by half, but doesn't do double the damage so it's not worth it.

Kinda like the basic leather gloves being the best hand armor thus far. I don't get it. Unless I'm missing something...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Thanks for the tips guys, 'twas an eventful day and I'm progressing quite nicely.

The only thing I'm missing right now is why the Black Orb Stone grayed out, am I missing a requirement? I'd like to finish that side quest and be done with it.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Zzoram said:

Go back to
the Duke's Archives where Big Hat Logan was before he went hollow and there will be a chest where he was sitting. His catalyst is in it and it's the best in the game.

There is something off about the catalysts in general, though. There are two of them that are completely identical to the basic catalyst in terms of spell power, which seems kind of odd.

Manmademan said:
That one is terrible, because it doesn't scale with int

But if you have low Int and just want some Soul Arrows or something as a backup it's great.

Zzoram

Logan's Catalyst supposed has S scaling, but it's actual scaling is worse than the A scaling of the starter Sorcerer's Catalyst. I tested the damage to confirm, and it is in fact worse. This is the one from the chest where Logan used to sit.

WTF

When they fix weapon scaling for STR/DEX in the next patch, they better fix Logan's Catalyst too.

Jinfash said:
Thanks for the tips guys, 'twas an eventful day and I'm progressing quite nicely.

The only thing I'm missing right now is why the Black Orb Stone grayed out, am I missing a requirement? I'd like to finish that side quest and be done with it.

it will activate when you hit a specific location. you can't miss it.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Zzoram said:
Logan's Catalyst supposed has S scaling, but it's actual scaling is worse than the A scaling of the starter Sorcerer's Catalyst.

WTF

When they fix weapon scaling for STR/DEX in the next patch, they better fix Logan's Catalyst too.

Its base power is lower but its scaling is higher. It becomes the best catalyst somewhere around 50 Int.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom