• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Augemitbutter said:
why not? i did PW and catacombs at the end of the game too. it doesn't matter.

I wanted to get all the early areas out of the way early before taking on the 'big boys'.

Yo Gotti said:
So earlier today while kicking ass in the forest in NG+, I got invaded by a Stone Greatsword glitcher.

now i know what killed me yesterday in darkmoon ring invasion, lol. some overleveled jerk glitched and killed me in like 2 seconds. i wonder how many hours he stood on the stairs and did that over and over? must be a very fulfilling existence.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
... Uh oh.

I invaded Lautrec's domain, killed him and regained the Firekeeper soul, then hastily used it to enforce my flasks. Was that the same item that was supposed to bring back Anastecia to life?

If so, what did I miss beside not being able to light the bonfire anymore?

This is one of those instances where I hate the autosave system. :(

Audioboxer

Damn the catacombs/tomb of the giants was harder for me than blighttown :p I found the grand archives pretty difficult as well, the crystal guys hit for a ton of damage.

I accidentally caused patches to go hostile, had to kill him :'( NG+ patches! Also I killed paladin leeroy, but I can't get the armour to appear, is there a glitch with this?

On a Black Phantom related note, I also messed up my chances to kill BP King Jeremiah because I killed the Painted World Boss first :( Wish I had the guide! Can't get it in stock anywhere in the UK.

Would I lastly be correct in saying the Elite Knight Armour is the best mid range when upgraded?

Abooie

Banned
I feel I'm on the home straight.

I just made my way through the Tomb of Giants and with the light spell and then then the skull lantern I didn't think it was that bad at all. Boss was a cakewalk as well.

So where next? The Duke's Archives or Crystal Cave?

Abooie said:
I feel I'm on the home straight.

I just made my way through the Tomb of Giants and with the light spell and then then the skull lantern I didn't think it was that bad at all. Boss was a cakewalk as well.

So where next? The Duke's Archives or Crystal Cave?

The crystal caves is basically the last part of Dukes Archives.

Sidzed2

I have a promo copy of this for PS3 which I'm looking to sell for, say, $20 or trade for Resistance 3, Deus Ex or Ratchet All 4 One. PM me if at all interested :)

Audioboxer

Atolm said:
You only get the weapon and the shield from Leeroy.

I have nothing from killing him. Apparently his loot drop is suppose to appear in Gravelord Nitos room, but there's nothing there for me. Killed him in the passage way prior to the boss. He's suppose to give paladin armour I thought?

Either way I've warped/reloaded and still nothing.

Any news when the patch releases? Im getting sick of invasions.

Got invaded last night by some guy, pretty much destroyed him so he runs and equips that stupid fog ring. Comes back circle strafes me and stabs me in the back, insta-kill.

Carcetti

Infinite_Daremo said:
Any news when the patch releases? Im getting sick of invasions.

Got invaded last night by some guy, pretty much destroyed him so he runs and equips that stupid fog ring. Comes back circle strafes me and stabs me in the back, insta-kill.

I got tired of that too, so I got a counter for foggy bagstabbers: my own fog ring and Homing Crystal Soulmass. If I wasn't sorc, I'd get a wide sweeping weapon instead.

edit: another cure is aoe pyromancy,namely chaos storm and chaos fireball with their lava. Dodge that.

Jinfash said:
... Uh oh.

I invaded Lautrec's domain, killed him and regained the Firekeeper soul, then hastily used it to enforce my flasks. Was that the same item that was supposed to bring back Anastecia to life?

If so, what did I miss beside not being able to light the bonfire anymore?

This is one of those instances where I hate the autosave system. :(

home girl is done man. The game will use her soul. You check but someone did exactly what you did and same thing happened.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
ok wtf how do i get past the red dragon D:

Wow the pvp in this game is beyond fucked. What a stupid fuckign game. "lollol raise the bridge in anor, force you to run all the way through the church then use that fuckign fog ring to make yourself untargetable then just spam godswrath so you can move, if you block you lose all stamina and then fling you off the roof"

what the fuck is the point honestly.

Carcetti said:
I got tired of that too, so I got a counter for foggy bagstabbers: my own fog ring and Homing Crystal Soulmass. If I wasn't sorc, I'd get a wide sweeping weapon instead.

edit: another cure is aoe pyromancy,namely chaos storm and chaos fireball with their lava. Dodge that.

I just bought homing soul mass. Do you need to be locked on for that to work?

Johnlenham said:
Wow the pvp in this game is beyond fucked. What a stupid fuckign game. "lollol raise the bridge in anor, force you to run all the way through the church then use that fuckign fog ring to make yourself untargetable then just spam godswrath so you can move, if you block you lose all stamina and then fling you off the roof"

To be honest not all places in the game are ideal for pvp though. I had a few pvp run ins in Anor with no problems myself.

Carcetti

Infinite_Daremo said:
I just bought homing soul mass. Do you need to be locked on for that to work?

No, it's completely automatic. You can test/practice it on the invisible ninja guy in Forest Door. People can easily dodgeroll it, but they you've got the initiative.

Two blocked hits from a lightning sword= me dead. OH OK! makes perfect sense.

Two hits from my magic shield using a nitos+4 in the other hand= No damage. Roll behind me and one shot.

List gos on and on

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Mortrialus said:
If you want to enjoy yourself, Dukes Archives. If you want to get the worst part of the game out of the way, Lost Izalith.

Meh. Not everyone hates Lost Izalith. Its a smallish zone with a lot of side-content; really can't see the problem with it if you have the charred orange ring.

Also if you're doing the side-quest with Siegmeyer you MUST do Dukes up to the area before Crystal cave first.

Urban Scholar said:
It's 2 things you're blocking though a normal weapon strike and the elemental damage.
Yeah but with 250 odd lightning def you would expect to not lose 4 1/2 bars of hp through a fully blocked atack would you? Nothing in this game seems to make any sense to me its totally f-cked.

orion434

finalozzo said:
i have 4 sunlight medals, does it mean that i need 30 of faith to join the warrior of sunlight covenant?

This was such a pain in the ass Covenant to join, especially when I wasn't aware of it until later in the game. Anyone wanting to joing the Warrior of Sunlight should help low level players defeat the bosses early in the game... at low level. I was left with trying to help people with Ornstein and Smough... and I was at lv 85. In the painted World I got more "Summonings" but I only helped 1 person kill Pricillia.

In the end I raised my Faith to 20 and helped 6 players ( 6 x 5 = 30 ) for entry. I have 9 Sunlight medals and need to help 1 more player as a member of The Warrior of Sunlight to get #10 and Rank-up for another miracle.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Urban Scholar said:
home girl is done man. The game will use her soul. You check but someone did exactly what you did and same thing happened.
I didn't get exactly what you meant lol: Are you confirming that there's no way, or the fact that there is, and someone already did it?

... like fooling the game by taking the next Firekeeper soul? :(

johntown

Banned
Johnlenham said:

There are counters for all of this stuff. The worst for people to use is the ring of fog but if you are invading and they use the fog ring just run past them and work with the enemies in the level to take them out.

I actually had some guy do this yesterday. I was helping a guy in New Londo and the invader ran behind some ghosts and sure enough I had no transient curses. I was trying to so some ranged but it kept targeting the ghost which did no damage. Eventually the host went to try and take out the ghosts and I could not just let him die so I took a hit from the ghost and a fire surge right to the face and died.

Yeah that guy may have been cheap but he used the envirmoment to his advantage. It just take practice in PVP but if you keep at it you will see what works and what does not.

Kyoufu

The Incarnation said:
Sorry Blighttown's framerate is killing the game for me.

It gets worse.

Jinfash said:
I didn't get exactly what you meant lol: Are you confirming that there's no way, or the fact that there is, and someone already did it?

She is gone forever if you use her soul for your flasks.

Johnlenham said:
Yeah but with 250 odd lightning def you would expect to not lose 4 1/2 bars of hp through a fully blocked atack would you? Nothing in this game seems to make any sense to me its totally f-cked.

"Normal" gaming conventions certainly don't apply here that's for certain.

Jinfash said:

Yes.
Someone in the thread went to a bonfire and the reinforcement used her soul. There's no fooling the game. From our understanding he soul will be number 1 out of 2 if you have 2. You're supposed to go back and give it back immediately.

johntown

Banned
rayner said:
This was such a pain in the ass Covenant to join, especially when I wasn't aware of it until later in the game. Anyone wanting to joing the Warrior of Sunlight should help low level players defeat the bosses early in the game... at low level. I was left with trying to help people with Ornstein and Smough... and I was at lv 85. In the painted World I got more "Summonings" but I only helped 1 person kill Pricillia.

In the end I raised my Faith to 20 and helped 6 players ( 6 x 5 = 30 ) for entry. I have 9 Sunlight medals and need to help 1 more player as a member of The Warrior of Sunlight to get #10 and Rank-up for another miracle.
For lower level players I have been summoned a lot in New Londo ruins between SL - 65-74. I had much better luck there and the Painted World then I ever did for Orenstein and Smough.

My faith is only at 15 and it did not take too long for me to join.

Zzoram

Sarcasm said:
I just started so a noob.

I found a secret (maybe not so secret) vendor in the first unburg area.

I noticed the heater shield and shortbow.

I currently have a shield that blocks 93% physical damage while the heater does 100%.

Is it like Demons Soul where the heater shield is a awesome first purchase?
Yes you should always have a 100% physical shield equipped with few exceptions. That merchant is the first merchant, he's the one most people miss or kill. He's also the only one who sells 3 types of normal damage arrows.

Even on my second playthrough this game is relentless. I started a new character, this time a Pyromancer, and I failed on my first two attempts to take out the Gargoyles. I feel woefully underpowered though as I'm only SL11 and I'm still using all the starter equipment.

It's amazing how different the game feels going from a pure melee build to a class like the Pyromancer. I feel like there is so much I don't know now. I'm also having a hard time deciding which direction to take his stats. I'm considering going for an INT build and using magic weapons but DEX and STR are always so appealing to me...

rayner said:

took me one whole day to help enough people to join that covenant. i just put a sign in both lava zones for the bosses and did something else while waiting. pain in the ass.

maomaoIYP

Johnlenham said:

250 odd lightning def refs to damage reduction, your shield only absorbs a certain percentage. Most shields aren't very effective at blocking lightning, most go only to about 50%, except for the effigy shield. If you met the fellow in the darkwood forest, chances are he's miles higher than you, lots of griefers troll that area looking for cheap thrills.

Augemitbutter said:
took me one whole day to help enough people to join that covenant. i just put a sign in both lava zones for the bosses and did something else while waiting. pain in the ass.
The last zone is an awesome place to get summoned. I helped 3 people kill the final boss in half an hour or so.

maomaoIYP

Augemitbutter said:

Nito's area is the best for this, you can farm baby skeletons while waiting. Luckily the number of players helped carry over to NG+ and so on.

The_Darkest_Red said:
The last zone is an awesome place to get summoned. I helped 3 people kill the final boss in half an hour or so.

i tried that in my first playthrough at level 70. 0 summons in 5 hours, i kid you not.

Abooie

Banned
Mortrialus said:
If you want to enjoy yourself, Dukes Archives. If you want to get the worst part of the game out of the way, Lost Izalith.

I'm in the Dukes Archives and you're right, I'm loving this place.

johntown said:
There are counters for all of this stuff. The worst for people to use is the ring of fog but if you are invading and they use the fog ring just run past them and work with the enemies in the level to take them out.

I actually had some guy do this yesterday. I was helping a guy in New Londo and the invader ran behind some ghosts and sure enough I had no transient curses. I was trying to so some ranged but it kept targeting the ghost which did no damage. Eventually the host went to try and take out the ghosts and I could not just let him die so I took a hit from the ghost and a fire surge right to the face and died.

Yeah that guy may have been cheap but he used the envirmoment to his advantage. It just take practice in PVP but if you keep at it you will see what works and what does not.
I look forward to getting into pvp. I didn't get into it in demons souls but I believe that I will with dark souls.

Augemitbutter said:
i tried that in my first playthrough at level 70. 0 summons in 5 hours, i kid you not.
My goodness... maybe you were a little underleveled? I think I was SL80. But still, that is ridiculously strange. I got summoned at least 5 times in less than an hour.

I put my sign right at the bottom of the stairs but I'm guessing you did as well.

maomaoIYP said:
Nito's area is the best for this, you can farm baby skeletons while waiting. Luckily the number of players helped carry over to NG+ and so on.

might be true, but i seriously don't like the dark zones like cata, tomb and new londo and try not to hang around them more than necessary.

maomaoIYP

The_Darkest_Red said:
Even on my second playthrough this game is relentless. I started a new character, this time a Pyromancer, and I failed on my first two attempts to take out the Gargoyles. I feel woefully underpowered though as I'm only SL11 and I'm still using all the starter equipment.

It's amazing how different the game feels going from a pure melee build to a class like the Pyromancer. I feel like there is so much I don't know now. I'm also having a hard time deciding which direction to take his stats. I'm considering going for an INT build and using magic weapons but DEX and STR are always so appealing to me...

I just started a playing a Sorcerer, it's fun and challenging. I just beat the Stray Demon at SL11, with all 90 shots of soul arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom