• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

Can you buy an unlimited amount of humanity from the aqueduct merchant? She sells it for 5,000 I think. Wouldn't using the forest farming spot for maybe 20-30 minutes to get 60-70k souls be a quicker way to farm humanity if so?

anddo0 said:
Good to know.. Looks I'll be doing some baby skeleton farming later, as I'm down to just 8 total humanity.

Keep in mind, that you have to actually have the humanity stat raised. Basically, you have to use it when you want to give it to him, you don't turn in the consumable item.

sixghost said:
Can you buy an unlimited amount of humanity from the aqueduct merchant? She sells it for 5,000 I think. Wouldn't using the forest farming spot for maybe 20-30 minutes to get 60-70k souls be a quicker way to farm humanity if so?

Limited supply.

Zzoram

DigitalDevil said:
can someone explain this glitch and how to do it please? the only video I've found is in japanese.
Only equip the dragon head stone and ONE consumable soul or humanity (store copies in bottomless box).

Take off helmet, transform head to dragon
Equip stamina regenerating stuff like Grass Crest Shield and the ring.
Have the quickslot dragon head stone active. Face away from you, so the back of the head is all you see.
Tap the quick item use button, quickly flip around, press DPad down to switch to your consumable soul or humanity, press quick item use button again and hold it.

Your character should look constipated. Hold as long as you want for more souls/humanity. Takes out the tedium of farming.

aasoncott

Volcynika said:
I've been human a ton and only gotten invaded once.

They killed me :(

I've spent hours as a human and I've never been invaded. Though I've been summoned by a few people who were then invaded on our way to the boss.

Trevelyon

sixghost said:

No, humanity and twin humanity is limited per merchant.

Ken

I was watching the speed run of DkS on YouTube, and noticed the guy quit his game and went straight to the start screen. Is this possible on the 360? I always have to sit through a minute of logos before the start screen.

orion434

aasoncott said:
I've spent hours as a human and I've never been invaded. Though I've been summoned by a few people who were then invaded on our way to the boss.

Same here, but I think that's because I've been farming in areas I've defeated the boss and I've been told you can't be invaded in those areas.

i really enjoy playing the last boss fight, so i tried to help other people today via summons.

2 hours later i got summoned twice and only once did i fight the boss, the other time the host was standing at the entrance to wait for some pvp :(

i'm level 80.

Dresden

Augemitbutter said:
i really enjoy playing the last boss fight, so i tried to help other people today via summons.

2 hours later i got summoned twice and only once did i fight the boss, the other time the host was standing at the entrance to wait for some pvp :(

i'm level 80.
I wish From would just release whatever fix for online they've cooked up as a small, separate patch from all the other stuff they're working on. >.>

That said you might be a little too high of a level?

Zeliard

kayos90 said:
Wait, this is getting moved to Community? Why?

Yeah seems rather strange for a largely single-player game. I fear thread activity is going to take a beating. :/ Do they want people to start making regular one-off threads about Dark Souls in the regular gaming forum or something, so as not to keep everything confined to an official thread? Is everything Dark Souls now relegated to Community? :p

DUCKROLL WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US

Dresden said:
I wish From would just release whatever fix for online they've cooked up as a small, separate patch from all the other stuff they're working on. >.>

That said you might be a little too high of a level?

i don't think i'm too high for NG+. i've been matched up with first plaxthrough and NG+ people in the past. it's hard to find an appropriate level for summoning in this game.

Zzoram

lowhighkang_LHK said:
They need to patch that glitch out. Although, due to level matching it probabably affects pvp less than you'd think.
They should leave the glitch. It has no effect on level restricted PvP. It's great for new characters to avoid farming.

scosher

sixghost said:
It's easy to say the Gold hemmed set isn't the best, but you have to factor in how expensive it is to get a starting set like the Black Leather or Tattered Robes on par with the gold hemmed set.

You have to remember that you are upgrading 4 separate pieces in a set, and the starting sets only really overtake the gold hemmed at like +6 or +7. To upgrade 4 pieces to +6 costs something like 120,000 souls if you are buying all the materials from Andrei and the Sen's merchant.

Realistically you'll have some shards and large shards just from playing the game, but it will probably still cost something like 100,000 souls. Not to mention that it's not even possible to buy large shards until you are virtually 95% done with Sen's.

It might be possible to get the chest piece of a starting set to be better than the gold hemmed, but it's still going to be the best choice for most people unless they do some insane farming. You can get that set so damn early too. No way you are going to have armor that light, that strong right after ringing the second bell.

Uhh, it only takes 4 shards and 4 large shards just to bring an armor piece to +6. Excluding Antiquated Skirt which uses twinkling, that's only 12 shards and 12 large shards. That's at most 30 minutes of sewer slug farming with some humanity, since 5 green shards can be fed to Frampt for 25 titanite shards. Titanite chunk farming would take only slightly longer, and at +9, they're all still superior to Black-Hemmed Robes. Getting the titanite slab for +10 is another story.

Xanathus

Zzoram said:
They should leave the glitch. It has no effect on level restricted PvP. It's great for new characters to avoid farming.
... The glitch is very abusable in pvp, infinite high speed firebombs/knives/poop.

Zzoram said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Glitch gets you humanity. Humanity gets you better drops. Better drops equal better gear via shards and upgrades.

The pyomancy glove can be leveled how much? Because you can keep leveling it up your glove giving you god like fire spells without having to inflate your levels.

I get what your saying, but all things considered it should be removed. There are already god like farming spots that exist in the game.

Abooie

Banned
lowhighkang_LHK said:
They need to patch that glitch out. Although, due to level matching it probabably affects pvp less than you'd think.

THe thing is the glictch will never go now. People can always remove it, glitch then add the patch back and go online.

WHAT THE HELL?

I'm in the depths/sewers.
After the Giant Rat boss.
All of a sudden, BLACK PHANTOM KIRK HAS INVADE YOUR GAME!

Fuck this shit, I'm not ready for pvp.
I dashboard quit & restart the game. AGAIN he invades.
I dashboard quit again. I disconnect my internet connect & restart again.

THE FUCKER STILL INVADES ME at the same spot! I'm guessing it's NPC. I do NOT want to die with all the souls I just gathered & humanity I used.

Should I take him on? Is he hard.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
See You Next Wednesday said:
WHAT THE HELL?

THE FUCKER STILL INVADES ME at the same spot! I'm guessing it's NPC. I do NOT want to die with all the souls I just gathered & humanity I used.

NPC invaders are easy

scy

Dresden said:
Soul glitch is lame.

If you could do this for twinkling titanite I wouldn't complain though.

Well, there's a different glitch for Twinkling Titanite:
Drop an item for Snuggly that trades for a Twinkling Titanite, quit to menu, reload file, drop the same item for Snuggly, pick up the Twinkling, quit to menu, reload file, and repeat. When you want to quit it, drop the same item for Snuggly, pick up the Twinkling, and then pick up that item.

Yo Gotti

Banned
WHAT THE HELL?

Bahahahahaha.

Quitting on an NPC.

+1 Dark Souls.

aasoncott

WHAT THE HELL?

This is the only invasion I've ever had happen in my game. Both times I was with two other people on the way to the boss, both times he was dead before he had gotten off a single hit. There were three of us pummeling him, but he still seemed like a wuss. Fight his ass. If I recall you get a huge amount of souls from him, too.

Booshka

scy said:
Drop an item for Snuggly that trades for a Twinkling Titanite, quit to menu, reload file, drop the same item for Snuggly, pick up the Twinkling, quit to menu, reload file, and repeat. When you want to quit it, drop the same item for Snuggly, pick up the Twinkling, and then pick up that item.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sheeeeiiiiit

Kyoufu

scy said:

So you pick up however many items you dropped for?

That is such a dirty way of doing things. lol

scy said:

I wish I knew this beforehand, I've exhausted my ability to do this now..!

Dresden

scy said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCK YOU CLAMS

NEVER AGAIN

hteng

Banned
scy said:

what the fuck, why didn't i learn of this sooner? so it won't work if i've already traded all the items for the titanites? damit and i wasted 5 hours farming those clams.

scy

Booshka said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sheeeeiiiiit

After manually farming them, I hold no more qualms about this for future characters. Fuck you clams. You and your goddamn Purging Stones.

Kyoufu said:
So you pick up however many items you dropped for?

Not sure what you mean but you
drop 1 item (say, Blooming Purple Moss Clump) and then quit and reload; when you're back in, there will be a Twinkling Titanite (x2) but don't pick it up yet. Drop another Clump and Snuggly will still think that you haven't done the trade for it yet. Now pick up the Titanite, quit out and reload. Repeat. For some reason, when you drop the trade item again but before picking up the reward, Snuggly just loops back into thinking the trade never occurred.

You do lose the item you drop, though, so if you plan to abuse this, bring a lot of the item you want to use.

hteng said:
what the fuck, why didn't i learn of this sooner? so it won't work if i've already traded all the items for the titanites? damit and i wasted 5 hours farming those clams.

Yeah; if you've done the trades, nothing you can do until NG+.

scy

Dresden said:
Assuming that the move to community doesn't kill thread activity, OT4 should be Clam Farming Horror Stories.

I did mine in Ash Lake.

Now that's hardcore
ly stupid; don't do that.

EasyMode

robotzombie said:
Wait, so the thief starting armor overtakes gold hemmed? Because I really like the look of the black leather set
I upgraded the thief's set to +9 and it overtakes the gold hemmed by quite a bit.

Dresden

scy said:
I did mine in Ash Lake.

Now that's hardcore
ly stupid; don't do that.
I heard that the drop rate was better in Ash Lake so I moved shop from Crystal Caverns to try it out. :(

It wasn't better.

hteng

Banned
scy said:
After manually farming them, I hold no more qualms about this for future characters. Fuck you clams. You and your goddamn Purging Stones.

Not sure what you mean but you
drop 1 item (say, Blooming Purple Moss Clump) and then quit and reload; when you're back in, there will be a Twinkling Titanite (x2) but don't pick it up yet. Drop another Clump and Snuggly will still think that you haven't done the trade for it yet. Now pick up the Titanite, quit out and reload. Repeat. For some reason, when you drop the trade item again but before picking up the reward, Snuggly just loops back into thinking the trade never occurred.

You do lose the item you drop, though, so if you plan to abuse this, bring a lot of the item you want to use.

Yeah; if you've done the trades, nothing you can do until NG+.

damnit, i'm not planning to go into NG++ :( at least i still have my fully upgraded black knight set.

Abooie

Banned
EasyMode said:
I upgraded the thief's set to +9 and it overtakes the gold hemmed by quite a bit.

Wait, what. I lost the chance to get Havels ring on this run so I'm using the gold hemmed to stay below 25% and you're telling me there's a much better alternative?!

Dresden

tc farks said:
I've picked up a ton of armor and I'm still just rocking the starting pyro armor. Am I doing it wrong?
Nah you gotta use what looks cool. Still rocking the Big Hat on my sorceror
until I have to kill a boss at which point the wacky Crown comes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom