• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilmer_

Wallachia said:
Thanks. Very pertinent tip.

It looks like it's confirmed!

I can confirm that this works wonders.

Stumbled up on this method last night. I dropped my summon sign right inside Blight Town from Valley of Drakes tunnel. My friend ran back and forth a few times, switching which zone he was in. After a few back and forths, my sign appeared for him.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
demosthenes said:
HAHAHAHAHA

I've been helping people do
Anor Londo
in co-op for three hours now just so I get invaders to try it on. The hardest part is convincing the host to go hide somewhere while I set the trap. Once they're out of sight and I'm the deadliest vase in the joint they go down no prob.

I've even gotten two Fog Ringers with this trick. It's wonderful. It's making me wish I hadn't killed the boss in my own game so I could bait invaders solo.

Zzoram

For the covenants, if you break them, do you lose all rank if you pay your Attunement and rejoin? Or does it save your rank?

Ok O & S fight seems very doable. After a successful run of taking out S first and activating Big O, it's all about running defense. Someone has to keep O occupied while S falls. Plus having fury sword helps greatly. Going to try my run now.

vilmer_

Wallachia said:
Sweet, and ofcourse, it means that each time you leave and re-enter, you have to lay your sign down again, right?

It looks like when that guy did it, he just left his sign there until his friend got in the right server and it appeared for him.

Pookaki said:
So when I start NG+ what do I get to keep from my last play through?

All items, magic, weapons, armor. Your soul level. I think you keep your current souls.
All bonfires stay kindled to whatever level they were at previously.

I think that's it. You probably lose the rite of kindling and the lordvessel. Not sure if you lose the abyss ring.

Midou

Amir0x said:
haha third OT. I hope the sales of this game are good. I've sold this game to two people, and I feel like I've done my civic duty or some shit

Killed second
Hydra
, joined
Dragon covenant
. So rad that thing

Got the
dragon greatsword from dragon covenant dragon's tail
had to grind for 2 hours to get strength required, but I used it rest of the game, and was able to kill most major enemies in 2 hits, including
capra and taurus demons in demon's ruins, as well as skeleton dogs in 1 lunge

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone using the painting guardian sword? It has an A for DEX, and you can do backflips with it so it's already awesome to me. I just don't know if it's worth upgrading and using it for real since it doesn't have a critical bonus.

K' Dash

Midou said:
Got the
dragon greatsword from dragon covenant dragon's tail
had to grind for 2 hours to get strength required, but I used it rest of the game, and was able to kill most major enemies in 2 hits, including
capra and taurus demons in demon's ruins, as well as skeleton dogs in 1 lunge

What are the stats to use that sword?

TylerD

I think I prefered the bad FPS of Blighttown to the gang rape of ghost bitches in Lando. Went there cursed first and when I got attacked by 5 or 6 at once after the first white light door and died in about a second... FTS. Blighttown wasn't as bad or as hard as I thought it would be.

Praise the sun for my master key and shortcut :)

Feeling a bit letdown after the splendor of Anor Lando. Been helping people beat it because what's next doesn't seem as fun. Might take a bit of break.

Soma

TylerD said:
I think I prefered the bad FPS of Blighttown to the gang rape of ghost bitches in Lando.

sX1eg.jpg

Septimius

So I'm ready to leave for Anor Londo. I'm level 50 and I'm lugging around 170k souls at this point. I'm wondering what level is normal for entering Anor?

Darkone

prodystopian said:
Do you plan to get any other weapon with lightning (a katana or something)? If not, go for it.

Dont think i will use another lightning base weapon, i am looking for a better weapon, any suggestions?

Kurod

Banned
Zefah said:
I ordered it from Amazon a few days ago, but they're still out of stock :(. I checked a few physical retail locations near my house, but no one had it.

I ordered from amazon about a week ago and just got an email...informing me that my shipping date is now November 2nd.

Just beat Capra Demon and Gaping Dragon after three tries each with my new wanderer character. For some reason it's been easier for me to figure out their patterns now that I'm up close and personal, than when I was ranging it with my pyromage.

I'm thinking of dropping some summon signs, since I never really got much of the multi-player experience my first time around.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Septimius said:
So I'm ready to leave for Anor Londo. I'm level 50 and I'm lugging around 170k souls at this point. I'm wondering what level is normal for entering Anor?

You are 6 levels higher than me and I had no problem. Depends on your gear, though. Gear matters farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than level.

K' Dash

Septimius said:

I'm 47 and I got there yesterday, I could have leveled more but I spent souls buying large titanites to upgrade my Iaito, so, you're good.

K' Dash

Spy said:
You're all making me feel overleveled. I was SL62 when I first visited Anor Lando.

Did you grind Souls at all? I'm not grinding, spend souls on stupid upgrades, rarely recover my bloodstain when I die and I think I'm prettay Gouuudd.

Also I've seen many people saying they are grinding the darkroot NPC's like there's no tomorrow, talk about gamebreaking bugs, lol.

Septimius

Cool. I guess I'll just buy all these armor sets. Don't want to be too high level. Where does one get the painting guardian sword? I'm guessing the painting world?

K' Dash

The_Monk said:
Ok I'm cursed... How bad is it? I think I need a break from this game...

=/

are you falling in the holes on the depts? there's a route to get to the bonfire fighting just 1 frog, but I recomend going there later and taking them out 1 by 1 cause there's a sweet ring there.

Interested?

Septimius said:
Cool. I guess I'll just buy all these armor sets. Don't want to be too high level. Where does one get the painting guardian sword? I'm guessing the painting world?

I'm 99% sure that you can get one as a rare drop off of the Painting Guardians. Just wear the Covetous Serpents Ring and you'll get one eventually.

x3r0123

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I'm 99% sure that you can get one as a rare drop off of the Painting Guardians. Just wear the Covetous Serpents Ring and you'll get one eventually.

i dont know if its rare but i have like 5 of those and i wasnt farming for them

The_Monk

K' Dash said:
are you falling in the holes on the depts? there's a route to get to the bonfire fighting just 1 frog, but I recomend going there later and taking them out 1 by 1 cause there's a sweet ring there.

Interested?

Here's the thing I decided to follow someone (some phantom I summoned)

He helped me get a lot of stuff but then, yes I fell to an hole and the frame rate (for the very first time) + frogs gave me the Curse, aaargh.

And 10 min before all that I had the
gaping dragon
with... 5% of life left. Can't believe how bad the game started to get on me... lol.

But sure, any help is good! Please, go on...!

RoboGeorgeForeman said:

When I was leaving the painted world I had the ring on, and swear I got about 6 of those swords while clearing my way out of there.

Spy said:
You're all making me feel overleveled. I was SL62 when I first visited Anor Lando.

I think I might've been 70 or 71. I did the Catacombs before that, though, which I think is maybe backwards from other people.

ARGH! I need 3 more Souvenirs of Reprisal and my only options are to use the Blue Eye Orb/ Darkmoon Ring to pvp against guilty players OR farm harpies until my fucking eyes bleed.

I use the +item discovery ring but it doesn't help much. Also last night I had a harpie fly over me and fall to it's death, I looked down and saw it had loot on it's corpse. FUCK!

Don't get me started about the PVP, I'll just say there are times when I actually want to throw my controller into the wall. I've never experienced such rage or frustration. I would choose farming Pure Bladestone any fucking day of the week over this.

Fuck. Souvenirs. Of. Reprisal.

K' Dash

The_Monk said:
Here's the thing I decided to follow someone (some phantom I summoned)

He helped me get a lot of stuff but then, yes I fell to an hole and the frame rate (for the very first time) + frogs gave me the Curse, aaargh.

And 10 min before all that I had the
gaping dragon
with... 5% of life left. Can't believe how bad the game started to get on me... lol.

But sure, any help is good! Please, go on...!

did you get to the bonfire? if yes you can kill the gaping dragon without getting hit, it's a pretty easy boss and you can summon help too, so it doesn't matter if you're coursed.

The path from the bonfire to the Gaping Bastard is like 2 minutes and the only resistance you'll find is a rat, go on, you can do it!

rogerroger22 said:
When I was leaving the painted world I had the ring on, and swear I got about 6 of those swords while clearing my way out of there.

Maybe I just have bad luck then, cause I only got one during my last play through, and I've killed at least 100 (during my trips to and from the Painted World). I did get close to 100 throwing knives though...

Leondexter said:
I think I might've been 70 or 71. I did the Catacombs before that, though, which I think is maybe backwards from other people.

Why do people leave the Catacombs for so late? I did it before Sens - didn't find the level to be that hard, and getting access to the smith that does +fire was nice - made doing Sens much easier.

Main thing is having the balls to run past skeletons to the necromancer to take him out so they stop re-spawning. It's pretty much impossible to 'fight' your way to him because they re-spawn so fast. The boss in that level is a joke also.

sixghost

Spy said:
I don't think you can really be overleveled in this game, unless you are 30-40 SLs higher than most people. Gear, upgrades, and spells are how you really strengthen your character.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MotionBlue said:
Demon Ruins have killed any passion I had to complete this game, and its the only area holding me back.
:( Know the feeling bro but keep going!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom