• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDG

Kyoufu said:
You don't have to fight them. Why do people fight everything they see?

If it's the game it can be beaten dammit. And I will beat them all.

(My goal is to eventually beat this game with only the sword hilt you get at the very beginning.)

Zeliard

demosthenes said:
GAF!

Made it to Lost Izalith....and these 2 legged monsters are fking me up, what the hell did you do?

I do have the lava ring so I'm not totally screwed.

Just systematically take them out. They don't respawn so they're only a temporary hassle. Depopulate. You can also get them to hit each other for chuckles.

sixghost

demosthenes said:
GAF!

Made it to Lost Izalith....and these 2 legged monsters are fking me up, what the hell did you do?

I never really figured out a consistent way to kill them. Good news though, they don't respawn. I spent about 30-45 minutes figuring out exactly how many of them I needed to kill to run through that area, and slowly did that. There's a hidden bonfire in the 2nd building, and you can use the buildings to sort of cheese the dinosaurs. Just take it slow and realize you're going to die. Those things are harder than most bosses in the game.

redhot_

demosthenes said:
GAF!

lots and lots of arrows... they dont respawn :) OR.. join the covenant give her 30 humanity and you unlock that door down there to bypass that area. Theres also a hidden bonfire in one of the towers in the lava.

redhot_ said:
lots and lots of arrows... they dont respawn :) OR.. join the covenant give her 30 humanity and you unlock that door down there to bypass that area. Theres also a hidden bonfire in one of the towers in the lava.

I did, she never opened the door :(

tranciful

Zeliard said:
Story-wise your next step is to go back to Firelink and chat with Frampt. Afterwards it'll become obvious where you're supposed to go next as far as the story goes.
The lady told me to go talk to him but he was s
leeping.. I jumped down his hole for the hell of it and it turned out that's where I put the lordvessel :p

Zeliard

tranciful said:
leeping.. I jumped down his hole for the hell of it and it turned out that's where I put the lordvessel :p

lol I did the same thing

Try speaking to him now. :p

Yo Gotti

Banned
tranciful said:

Uh oh.

I've heard reports about this. He might be pissed at you for the rest of the game. :lol

Booshka

MotionBlue said:
only one is optional. One is standing right at the fog gate, and the other just to the left, both aggro if you try to enter the gate.

Why is everyone so eager to blame the player? Demon Ruins is shitty zone, and doesn't need white knighting.
You can avoid them both, one won't aggro if you run to the right down the stairs, the other one will miss you with his lunging attack, and the enemies refuse to follow you once you are in front of the fog gate. I fought them for awhile leading up to the boss, then just started running past them because it was a waste of time.

Great after my game crtashed during the boss fight I can't seem to find any summon signs what so ever for gravelord.

So annoying, maybe it thinks I'm still in the fight somehow? Or I still have those 2 phantoms from before summoned? Dunno but while I can place my sign none others are showing up, not even the NPC. Wherever he is.

Argh. Really dont want to solo him.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I keep seeing everyone referring to the
Lost Izalith
first area monsters as dinosaurs. They aren't. They're
the living hindquarters of zombie dragons.
You are being stomped to death by
living asses and legs.

Seriously.

Dresden

Lost Izalith can go fuck itself. My sorceror one shots the dinos but regardless it looks awful, chugs terribly, the constant WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH of the lava is annoying, and every time a dino leaps at you the framerate goes down into the single digits.

And there's like fifty dinos. Fuck that zone.

ixix said:
Seriously.
Dinos are perfectly fine. I'm not going to refer to them as undead dragon hindquarters everytime I want to talk about them.

tranciful

Yo Gotti said:
Uh oh.

I've heard reports about this. He might be pissed at you for the rest of the game. :lol
whyyyyyy? As tempting as it was, I never smacked him. If it's another bullshit reason like how I got kicked out of the Forest Hunter Covenant... I'll give another sigh and then proceed to enjoy the game anyway haha

MotionBlue said:
only one is optional. One is standing right at the fog gate, and the other just to the left, both aggro if you try to enter the gate.

Why is everyone so eager to blame the player? Demon Ruins is shitty zone, and doesn't need white knighting.

Well, claiming a zone is anti-melee because of that is just being lazy. I'm pretty much pure melee, and had no issues with the Demon Ruins.

tip: Lure shit out one at a time.

Not very hard. I only died once to the horde of 10 Taurus demon's due to rolling myself off a cliff - my fault.

Took me a bit to clear out the Capra Demon's - but they were not hard. I did die once after I reached the bonfire when I somehow managed to aggro every one of them on me at the same time - but still managed to take out 3 or so before eating it.

The other Taurus guys do re-spawn - but they are easy to kill.

Is the level kind of a 'bleh' one? yeah, but is it anti-melee? no.

sixghost said:
I never really figured out a consistent way to kill them. Good news though, they don't respawn. I spent about 30-45 minutes figuring out exactly how many of them I needed to kill to run through that area, and slowly did that. There's a hidden bonfire in the 2nd building, and you can use the buildings to sort of cheese the dinosaurs. Just take it slow and realize you're going to die. Those things are harder than most bosses in the game.

There is a safe zone right as you enter that lava field. USe arrows to draw 3 to that root and watch as they destory each other. Finish of the last one with arrows or magic, or even a down weapon slash jump if you can do enough. Once at the 1st building with the treasure in the middle, you can draw them one at a time, until the path to the second is clear. The second building has a root you can climb to the second floor. This is awesome. It allows you to draw several groups of the zombie legs to destory each other. It may take several arrows to fully agro, otherwise they turn around. Hidden bonfire in this building. Directly infront of the bonfire, is the path up and out of the area.

ixix said:
Lost Izalith
living asses and legs.

Seriously.

holy shit...

Yo Gotti

Banned
MotionBlue said:

Not blaming the player, but the complaints are a little much for such a short zone.

It's literally descend an enemy-less hill, fight through 1 room of guys, bonfire, descend stairs, boss fight. The enemies are about as tough as the Giant Knights and Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

Zeliard

ixix said:
Lost Izalith
living asses and legs.

Seriously.

Hahahah yeah. I remember moving the camera up to get a better look at what the fuck I was fighting and being taken aback by what I saw. Or rather, what I didn't see.

ixix

brandonh83 said:
holy shit...

Trying to figure out
what they could have done with all those dragon heads
was the only part of that zone I enjoyed.

Mudkips

Banned
ixix said:
Lost Izalith
living asses and legs.

Seriously.

Yup. They're the same as the
remains of the zombie dragon you kill in the painting world - after you kill the dragon you can run toward the end of the bridge and you'll be blocked by its remnants (ass and rear legs), which stand up to let you pass if you hit them with a strong attack

tranciful

This game is huge. And not Oblivion/Fallout/Borderlands style huge where the world is just kind of big because there's dozens of nearly identical dungeons and dozens of nearly identical grassfields that share the same enemies, but huge in that there's a crazy amount of content -- it's like they combined Dark Souls with the next two sequels.

NOTE TO MELEE CHARCTERS:

Make the crystal ring shield. It shoots a magic blast and the locked on enemy for twice your right weapons power. Its absurdly powerful and will help you put down any normal enemy in the game in two hits, unless you are incredibly under powered.

It will make lost izalith and demons ruins, easy

Guys need some expert opinions.
Currently a lvl 32 warrior using the gold witches armor since it looks badass LOTR style. The problem is I'm still using this blasted drake sword. Will anything pop up sooner or later that would be worth upgrading. I have longswords and the zweihander but nothing amazing. About to start new londo next.
Thanks

tranciful

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
Currently a lvl 32 warrior using the gold witches armor since it looks badass LOTR style. The problem is I'm still using this blasted drake sword. Will anything pop up sooner or later that would be worth upgrading. I have longswords and the zweihander but nothing amazing. About to start new londo next.
Thanks
Upgrading pretty much anything far enough will top the Drake Sword

redhot_

Thanks

Lightning Laito Katana, its at the start of Blighttown.

33-Hit-Combo said:
I just finished reading 22 pages of the plot thread on GameFAQs. Mindblowing. I missed about 50% of that in my 80 hours.

Can you please link me to this. My intial search came up with nothing.

Grinchy

Banned
rogerroger22 said:
New Londo Ruins were fun I thought - spooky level, great atmosphere to it. The 'cursed' touch to it was neat. Does sorta suck about not getting any souls for killing the ghosts, but that didn't bother me that much.
Yeah I went there way too early and I loved it. I thought it looked fantastic and I even enjoyed fighting the ghosts.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Thanks

Add some fire or lightning to a +10 Longsword. That's something I've been wanting to do, should be way more powerful than the Drake.

EDIT: Fire is created from +5 according to this wiki.

Dresden

Thanks
Fully upgraded zweihander wrecks shit.

vilmer_

I totally forgot I used the Black Eye Orb, invaded
Lautrec
and hammered his ass last night before I logged. Just remembered he is supposed to drop his armor in the
room with the Princess with the magnificent melons
but I don't see it anywhere...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ixix said:
Lost Izalith
living asses and legs.

Seriously.
wow... WOW.

redhot_

vilmer_ said:
Lautrec
and hammered his ass last night before I logged. Just remembered he is supposed to drop his armor in the

Its outside the room on the other side of the bonfire, way down at the end.

Gamer @ Heart said:
NOTE TO MELEE CHARCTERS:

Make the crystal ring shield. It shoots a magic blast and the locked on enemy for twice your right weapons power. Its absurdly powerful and will help you put down any normal enemy in the game in two hits, unless you are incredibly under powered.

It will make lost izalith and demons ruins, easy

Dude seriously? I can't wait to do over 1200 DMG!

Gamer @ Heart said:
Can you please link me to this. My intial search came up with nothing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60612627

It's great!

tranciful

vilmer_ said:
Lautrec
outside the room, far back corner

RyanDG

vilmer_ said:
Lautrec

It's not in the same room... It's in the area just outside of her room to the back of the upper level.

Wow... just finished Ariamis's Domain ;) and damn, that boss fight really caught me off guard.

Thanks for the help :D

PS: I haaaaaaaaaaate those wheel fuckers.

Co-op'd with my friend tonight. White soap sign spamming worked quite quickly and we both took down the Gaping Dragon. The game is amazing once again.

Can this be put in the main FAQ?

Repeatedly putting down your white soap stone,
wait 20-30 seconds,
if your friend doesn't see it.
Repeat until success

Works a charm

ixix

Mudkips said:
Yup. They're the same as the
remains of the zombie dragon you kill in the painting world - after you kill the dragon you can run toward the end of the bridge and you'll be blocked by its remnants (ass and rear legs), which stand up to let you pass if you hit them with a strong attack

That's what got me to twig to it.
I didn't actually get the one in the Painted World to stand up, but I recognized the two droopy things that I think are supposed to be the dragon's bottom ribs or something, and after seeing them on the things in Lost Izalith and thinking they looked familiar for a second I realized that oh my god the witches were making immortal dragon butts they all must die.

Izuna

Banned
3:30 in, fought some boss with
two Machetes
which turned out to be completely optional, and I'm actually enjoying this game a lot less than I thought I would =(.

I don't like how many enemies with Spears there are (something is wrong with their AI), even then everything else so far has been easily parried.

--

Anyway, instead of me complaining about the stuff I don't like, I have a funny story about a boss that hopped off a cliff. ^&^ Probably scared by my naked character.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
9 pages already rofl... :lol

Well, I had some good stuff happen today, so spending the rest of it playing an incredibly difficult action-RPG seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom