• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat
Endless Discharge, the Moonlight butterfly, that..water snake thing which I don't think counts as a boss as it was really easy, and the giant wolf. The music during the wolf fight is amazing. My favorite track in the game so far.

I'm at Sen's Fortress now. I can tell I'm going to like this level. I love this game. I think it beats out Demon's Souls for me.

KAOz

Short bus special
Just read through all the theories and stuff regarding the story in this game, aswell as information collected from all the items.

Good lord.

The story is fucking amazing. Wow. So many bits.

the Big Chested Princess actually being a creation, and that Dark Sun Gwyndolin is in fact a boy raised as a princess.

Just... shiiiiieeet....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
GraveRobberX said:
OK that Strategy Guide (Hard Cover) is ridiculous, so much info, my god, it's a whole world onto itself

I got it for $13 through amazon, what a fucking steal

Think it's $24.99 retail no?, I think Gamestop was selling it for $34.99, was like WTF!?!

Damn, this could be a coffee table book, seriously, I love just browsing through it

If you are fan of DkS, you need to get this, it's a fucking keeper

Also what is the over/under on OT4, I think some steam is going to get lost due to the big releases for the next 7 weeks straight, good lord

I ordered it from Amazon a few days ago, but they're still out of stock :(. I checked a few physical retail locations near my house, but no one had it.

So, I'm just about done with Blighttown, but I've back tracked to the Undead Asylum for the Iron Rust Ring. Are there any good farmable areas other than the bridge in the Undead Burg?

masterofcoin said:
Beat
Endless Discharge, the Moonlight butterfly, that..water snake thing which I don't think counts as a boss as it was really easy, and the giant wolf. The music during the wolf fight is amazing. My favorite track in the game so far.

I'm at Sen's Fortress now. I can tell I'm going to like this level. I love this game. I think it beats out Demon's Souls for me.

I ended up beating
both Hydra and the Moonlight butterfly
too. I'm also heading into Sen's Fortress.
So far, the double team snakemen were kicking my ass until I started using the traps to my benefit.
I can tell this one is going to be a long ride. Hopefully, they have an easily accessible bonfire.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I love how Homing Soulmass stays active after you use Chameleon. I also love how not a single invader has stopped to wonder why there are glowing blue lights surrounding a vase until it's too late.

GraveRobberX said:
OK that Strategy Guide (Hard Cover) is ridiculous, so much info, my god, it's a whole world onto itself...

got my copy today. yes, it's as awesome as advertised, &, yes, it's made me a book depository customer for life :) ...

Minamu

Papercuts said:
Transient curse lasts a long time, and the ghosts drop more often enough to make it last. They also drop a dagger that lets you hit them, so you'll be fine.
Thanks, then I think that's kinda where I need to go next (maybe Sen's Fortress first? Seemed difficult even at 50+).

vilmer_

Was just reading that apparently if you are having trouble finding summoning signs, you can leave and re-enter the 'zone' area as this changes servers. Interesting... I'll have to check this out.

K' Dash

Wallachia said:
Haha. Yeah I love how the Gaping Dragon come out of the depths.. like it is something that came out of Blighttown. Cool how at first its' head looks like a small monitor lizard crawling up.. and then BLAMMO!!

The dude is not hard at all, but God Damn if it isn't one of the most horrible things to come out of the imagination of a Human being, I was in catatonic a couple times watching that thing coming at me on my big ass TV.

anddo0

Speevy said:
Go against the grain.

Part of this game is thinking outside the box. So what I did was make myself a breadcrumb trail lol... From should really limit the amount of messages you can place within a given area. I literally painted a bridge so people can cross haha!

Noaloha

Sen's Fortress. I found out that this game has (spoiler for enemy-type, do not uncover unless you're a good way into Sen's already)
Mimics!
and was promptly deaded. Not sure if that attack it does is an insta-kill or just takes off more health than I have (or if there's a way to shake out), but yeah, a gruesome demise with nary an opportunity to fight back. So I headed back in, ready this time, and, knowing my RPGs, I was expecting some decent loot if I killed it.

Except.

The dumb shit ended up diving down the hole in the corner of the room and killing itself whilst I was in the opposite corner quaffing a hasty flask. I didn't see it die, just saw the +1,000 souls. No enemy corpse. No drop. :(

ixix said:
I love how Homing Soulmass stays active after you use Chameleon. I also love how not a single invader has stopped to wonder why there are glowing blue lights surrounding a vase until it's too late.

HAHAHAHAHA

I fucked up and used the Firelink shrine firekeeper soul to upgrade my flask :/ thankfully I can still warp to it so it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GhostRidah said:
Nothing is better than one shoting two capra demons at the same time with my chaos fireball :D
dammmmmmmmm son

Maleficence said:
I fucked up and used the Firelink shrine firekeeper soul to upgrade my flask :/ thankfully I can still warp to it so it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Good idea, I should do that right before I intend to beat the game :)

Wallachia

vilmer_ said:
Was just reading that apparently if you are having trouble finding summoning signs, you can leave and re-enter the 'zone' area as this changes servers. Interesting... I'll have to check this out.

Thanks. Very pertinent tip.

Wallachia

K' Dash said:
The dude is not hard at all, but God Damn if it isn't one of the most horrible things to come out of the imagination of a Human being, I was in catatonic a couple times watching that thing coming at me on my big ass TV.

Yea right huh! And then he regurgitates that pool of corrosive yellow steamy bile.. awesome.

froliq

Hi2u said:
What do summon signs look like?
Also how long does summoning last?
You will notice the signs straight away. They are like the red messages on the ground, but in white. Some of them will be different later on the game depeding on the other players covenant. Do note you have to be human to be able to summon.

Summons lasts untill you've beat the boss in the area.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Steroyd

For the love of god, what is resistant to toxin, I keep getting blow darted by those freaking blow darting shitbags in blight town.

That's twice I had to run all the way back. :mad:

I've been playing the game for a while, I'm level 49 right now.

At first I wasn't liking it too much, but the game has gotten really engaging and I think I like it even more than Demon's Souls.

Hi2u

Banned
froliq said:
You will notice the signs straight away. They are like the red messages on the ground, but in white. Some of them will be different later on the game depeding on the other players covenant. Do note you have to be human to be able to summon.

Summons lasts untill you've beat the boss in the area.

Are they always before the boss? What if the other person came into my game but we both decided to go the other way?

Yoshichan

x3r0123 said:
only 19k+ posts to go!
Should be done before end of November!

Steroyd

Hi2u said:
Are they always before the boss? What if the other person came into my game but we both decided to go the other way?

It's wherever that person placed his summon sign.

When you summon someone the any outside areas gets blocked off shortcuts and all, and the only way out is by beating the boss.

froliq

Hi2u said:
It depends where the other player places their sign. Mostly it's just in front of the fog wall before a boss or at the nearest bonfire of the boss.

The other player will most likely leave though if you decide to go a different way, because he will most likely come into your game just to help with the nearby boss for souls and humanity.

Yoshichan

Pookaki said:
So when I start NG+ what do I get to keep from my last play through?
Pretty much everything (including + estus flasks and the kindled bonfires). Just not the essential keys and unlocks you need to progress through the story.

def sim

whoever accidentally posted a dark souls comment over at the off topic android thread confused the hell out of me

thought i had the wrong tab up for a second

Yoshichan

rance said:
whoever accidentally posted a dark souls comment over at the off topic android thread confused the hell out of me

thought i had the wrong tab up for a second
... the creep is spreading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom