• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

K' Dash said:
did you get to the bonfire? if yes you can kill the gaping dragon without getting hit, it's a pretty easy boss and you can summon help too, so it doesn't matter if you're coursed.

The path from the bonfire to the Gaping Bastard is like 2 minutes and the only resistance you'll find is a rat, go on, you can do it!

Yes, I tried to fight him twice. I got help and to be honest they were great. I mean, one of them. I summoned two of them.

The first died too early. They showed me the way, when we got there we kept getting hits on him but after all of them died I went alone for 10 more minutes and then he One hit killed me...

I need to farm humanity then summon 2 players. If they show me the way we can kill him.

I'm a Wanderer who also has Soul arrow. I just need to believe that being cursed won't make the boss almost impossible.

New Londo Ruins were fun I thought - spooky level, great atmosphere to it. The 'cursed' touch to it was neat. Does sorta suck about not getting any souls for killing the ghosts, but that didn't bother me that much.

rogerroger22 said:
Why do people leave the Catacombs for so late? I did it before Sens - didn't find the level to be that hard, and getting access to the smith that does +fire was nice - made doing Sens much easier.

Main thing is having the balls to run past skeletons to the necromancer to take him out so they stop re-spawning. It's pretty much impossible to 'fight' your way to him because they re-spawn so fast. The boss in that level is a joke also.

it's dark and uninviting. nobody wants to go down there until the very end.

K.Sabot

tumblr_lt56ndjUdF1qk27dho1_400.jpg

:lol

Gravelords suck

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Personally I did the Catacombs so late because, like so many other areas in the game, I didn't even realize they were THERE.

Just like I didn't figure out you could buy miracles from the fat guy in Firelink until 60+ hours in!

Zeliard said:
The thread title doesn't even make sense. Doesn't it imply the thread moves slowly? :p
If we convert Blighttown's fps into posts per hours, the thread would average at 15 pph.

With this in mind, I think the thread's title is accurate.

Yo Gotti

Banned
MotionBlue said:
Did you miss the 10 or so Taurus Demons that 2 shot you? And respawn.

They don't respawn.

Draw them one at a time. By this late in the game your gear should be killing them in 3-5 hits.

K.Sabot

If you guys think demon ruins sucks for melee, you'll cry when you see Lost Izalith.

Just be smart and pull one at a time with a bow. Try to take advantage of the environment.

Zeliard

Valkendorm said:
If we convert Blighttown's fps into posts per hours, the thread would average at 15 pph.

The idea is supposed to be that the thread is moving really fast, so saying it goes faster than something that moves slowly isn't really saying much at all. :p

Wallachia

Valkendorm said:

I am luke warm about this thread's title. Partly why I am posting away and pushing towards OT4. I liked other suggestions towards the end of OT2, or:

Dark Soul's OT3 of Imminent Beating to a Pulp

The_Monk said:
Yes, I tried to fight him twice. I got help and to be honest they were great. I mean, one of them. I summoned two of them.

The first died too early. They showed me the way, when we got there we kept getting hits on him but after all of them died I went alone for 10 more minutes and then he One hit killed me...

I need to farm humanity then summon 2 players. If they show me the way we can kill him.

I'm a Wanderer who also has Soul arrow. I just need to believe that being cursed won't make the boss almost impossible.

Why don't you just go cure your curse? You can get out of the depths and back to the boss w/o ever having to see another frog

Ok, im at one of those where do I go next stages....

Got the lord vessel, I killed
Seath and the 4 kings
. Totally unclear on where to go next. All the NPCs tell me "good job" but dont say who else to go after

Wallachia

Zeliard said:
The idea is supposed to be that the thread is moving really fast, so saying it goes faster than something that moves slowly isn't really saying much at all. :p

Yes, that's how I see it. Although the whole thing is a case of is the blight glass half full or half empty..

Post Anor Londo

Big girl! Oh my goddess! Anyway as I returned the firekeeper's soul to Firelink I was surprised she's no longer mute. Oh I'm unclean/worthy...ok. Man after the Ornstein & Smough fight I feel that I've hit my stride now

Okay, can someone give me some directions at this point? Ive just recieved the L
ordvessel.

Thus far I've gotten past Andor Londo, Great Hollow, Ash Lake, went back to the Asylum.

Stuff I haven't done seem to be New Londo, the Catacombs, Painted World, the place with all lava after the second bell (I did defeat the Ceaseless guy and get the gold trimmed armor)

What am I actually "supposed" to do next, and what are just sidequests and easy things to go through?

grendelrt

So on the patch are they nerfing elemental weapons or buffing stat based weapons? If they are nerfing I dont want to make a lightning weapon before I know whats happening.

Zeliard

robotzombie said:
Okay, can someone give me some directions at this point? Ive just recieved the L
ordvessel.

Thus far I've gotten past Andor Londo, Great Hollow, Ash Lake, went back to the Asylum.

Stuff I haven't done seem to be New Londo, the Catacombs, Painted World, the place with all lava after the second bell (I did defeat the Ceaseless guy and get the gold trimmed armor)

What am I actually "supposed" to do next, and what are just sidequests and easy things to go through?

Story-wise your next step is to go back to Firelink and chat with Frampt. Afterwards it'll become obvious where you're supposed to go next as far as the story goes.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
finalozzo said:
ghost here, ghost there. :(

Strip naked and just run through. After about six attempts I figured out where I was supposed to go, and after about five more attempts I actually made it. I also like to think the ghosts were confused as hell about why an underpants-clad zombie kept running screaming through their houses.

Zeliard said:
Story-wise your next step is to go back to Firelink and chat with Frampt. Afterwards it'll become obvious where you're supposed to go next as far as the story goes.

Thanks, so after I find out, are all those other areas I listed eventual places I gotta go, or are they just sidequests?

Yo Gotti

Banned
grendelrt said:
So on the patch are they nerfing elemental weapons or buffing stat based weapons? If they are nerfing I dont want to make a lightning weapon before I know whats happening.

Yea, no one is sure right now.

I've put the game to the side for a couple days just so that next time I play the patch is either out or close to being out.

revolverjgw said:
The ones in the lava area don't respawn, but the ones in the ruins do

There's only 3 that respawn. edit: 2 of those are completely optional to fight too.

The Capra Demon's respawn, but they aren't any harder than a Black Knight.

Demon Ruins is so short and straight forward, it's really not worth all of the talk and complaints.

famousmortimer said:
Ok, im at one of those where do I go next stages....

Got the lord vessel, I killed
Seath and the 4 kings
. Totally unclear on where to go next. All the NPCs tell me "good job" but dont say who else to go after

Anyone? Talking to the new, um, guy, at firelink just gets me a "these dudes need to die go do it." But I dont know who or where!

anddo0 said:
Game froze while fighting a boss... Fix this shit From.

Just happened to me, fighting with 2 other players 2. Couldn't handle the framerate I guess. I wonder if the game has killed me off without telling me now. Could have whooped his ass easy too :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wallachia said:
I am luke warm about this thread's title. Partly why I am posting away and pushing towards OT4. I liked other suggestions towards the end of OT2, or:

Dark Soul's OT3 of Imminent Beating to a Pulp

Get your OT4 thoughts ready. It'll be here in a week.

J2d

Feels like the difficulty got bumped a couple of notches at the last boss. I haven't leveled up since Anor Londo, been using my lightning Iaito, but now I'm probably gonna level up strength a lot and hope I can stun him or something.

1stStrike

Banned
commish said:
Get your OT4 thoughts ready. It'll be here in a week.

A week? We can do better than that.

J2d said:
Feels like the difficulty got bumped a couple of notches at the last boss. I haven't leveled up since Anor Londo, been using my lightning Iaito, but now I'm probably gonna level up strength a lot and hope I can stun him or something.

Tip: Don't use lightning on him.

GAF!

Made it to Lost Izalith....and these 2 legged monsters are fking me up, what the hell did you do?

I do have the lava ring so I'm not totally screwed.

Kalnos

Banned
Kyoufu said:
You don't have to fight them. Why do people fight everything they see?

That's actually one of the first things the game tries to teach you, to not fight everything. It's certainly possible to though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
demosthenes said:
GAF!

Made it to Lost Izalith....and these 2 legged monsters are fking me up, what the hell did you do?

I do have the lava ring so I'm not totally screwed.
Ignore'em lol

Kyoufu said:
You don't have to fight them. Why do people fight everything they see?

only one is optional. One is standing right at the fog gate, and the other just to the left, both aggro if you try to enter the gate.

Why is everyone so eager to blame the player? Demon Ruins is shitty zone, and doesn't need white knighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom