• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I haven't started this game yet, but my brother accidentally attacked a knight (right at the start of the game) and he won't stop chasing him. Even when he comes back from death. It's kind of funny to watch, but anyway to stop this?

ROFL!!!! So I just executed one of the best invasions ever in anor londo.

You guys know where the two silver knights with the DragonSlayer bows are? Well from that ledge there are 5 windows that look INTO the bonfire room. Well sometimes when you invade someone they just wait at the bonfire. So I was watching this guy through the windows... he was too afraid to leave. So I sent him an XBL txt message that said "I'm watching you". He stopped to send me response of "orly". And then I told him that he had "nice havel armor + spear...." and then another message that said "nice stamina ring... it's awesome". After that I dropped down onto the balcony to confront him... tossed a lloyd's talisman and then backstabbed him and stabbed him again as he was writing a reply to my msgs. lol...

I can't believe I baited him into messaging me. rofl... and I didn't even get indicted. I'm a terrible terrible person.

anddo0 said:
Son of a bitch! I hate these stupid crystal caves. I can barley make it past the second walkway.
why? there's like nothing there. Isn't there only one bad guy or something before you reach the clam dudes.

kodt

Banned
overcast said:
I haven't started this game yet, but my brother accidentally attacked a knight (right at the start of the game) and he won't stop chasing him. Even when he comes back from death. It's kind of funny to watch, but anyway to stop this?

Kill him

Finally rang the second bell today. Played over 20 hours so far. Still awesome. Wish I had more time to play it. Where next?

I've read that I need to go to the
Great Hollow
, but how the hell do I get there? Is it through the
swamp
somewhere?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh God, I think my new character joined a 'bad' lobby :(

anddo0

-Pyromaniac- said:
why? there's like nothing there. Isn't there only one bad guy or something before you reach the clam dudes.

That's just it.... There is NOTHING there, it's a pain to navigate. It' would be one thing if the paths were straight, but no, they have to curve and all this other nonsense.

Wimps said:
A very, very interesting read to say the least.

For the people who think the story sucks. Click on the link that Sseklebeast posted.

You pretty much have to put the pieces together yourself.

Actually this made me thik I's lie a book base on Demon / Dark souls, or a Universe/ Multiverse Encyclopedia by the story director.

kodt

Banned
TerryWogan said:
Finally rang the second bell today. Played over 20 hours so far. Still awesome. Wish I had more time to play it. Where next?

I've read that I need to go to the
Great Hollow
, but how the hell do I get there? Is it through the
swamp
somewhere?

You don't need to go there, it's an optional area. But you get there by
going to the opposite end of the swamp from Queelag's domain and going into the huge tree, there is a large branch/ramp that leads in there. There will be several slugs in the water

After you rang the second bell Sen's Fortress opened up, so you should head there.

K' Dash

The_Monk said:

The depts, you got the key after defeating the capra demon, be careful, there's a butcher there and the giant rat and the frogs that curse you and the gaping dragon and after that.... BLIGHTTOWN.

3AQmK.gif

Noaloha

overcast said:
The issue here I'm guessing is that he died initially by the bonfire, so when you restart, the Knight still hasn't had time to wander back to his spot (he's one of the games non-respawning enemies, which is good in many ways but also means that he isn't subject to a bonfire's 'resetting the area' property).

The solution then is to die somewhere far enough away from the bonfire that the Knight won't re-aggro. This might prove tricky though, since all the area's other enemies will be respawning.

Kyoufu said:
Be wary of lie

My thoughts exactly. The guy must have a Super PS3 because Blighttown was probably the worst part of Dark Souls. I'm still playing now, and I enjoy farming, but I promised I would never revisit Btown unless I positively have to, and even then the shit better be significant for me to do so.

Amir0x

Banned
haha third OT. I hope the sales of this game are good. I've sold this game to two people, and I feel like I've done my civic duty or some shit

Killed second
Hydra
, joined
Dragon covenant
. So rad that thing

kodt said:
You don't need to go there, it's an optional area. But you get there by
going to the opposite end of the swamp from Queelag's domain and going into the huge tree, there is a large branch/ramp that leads in there. There will be several slugs in the water

After you rang the second bell Sen's Fortress opened up, so you should head there.

Cheers!

And, I did! (I had to see the blacksmith any way.) Those two lizard bastards kicked my arse!

Pff this game.. i love it but at the same time i kinda find it fucked up that i never know where to go next. I've just beaten seath the scaleless, gave soul to lordvessel.. and now what?? Can somebody in the game explain it to me or do i have to ask here all the time :( . I'm starting to find this pretty frustrating.

Speevy

Banned
Man, I've been pumping strength per someone's instructions. I wish I had read that the first cool weapons I get are dex ones.

Wallachia

Infernodash said:
My thoughts exactly. The guy must have a Super PS3 because Blighttown was probably the worst part of Dark Souls. I'm still playing now, and I enjoy farming, but I promised I would never revisit Btown unless I positively have to, and even then the shit better be significant for me to do so.

Lol. You are just scurred cuz it' so nasty and ugly and decripd. Blighttown. The name is so fitting. Gotta shout out that the rickety, moving board paths is an awesome add in :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Speevy said:
You can't make it run into the fire barrel in NG+?

It's still there, that's never how I killed it though. Threw some alluring skulls down, double handed my weapon and went to town on him. He jerked to the left and killed me, lol.

I finally got his head helmet though, didn't drop last time through.

I also did 75% of the Taurus Demon's health bar with a plunging attack!

vpance

If you're high up in Blighttown don't look down. If you're down below don't look up. There's your FPS fix :)

Riposte

I also didn't have a problem with blightown. Maybe better on older PS3s(I got the MGS4 bundle with backwards compatibility)

Papercuts

vpance said:
If you're high up in Blighttown don't look down. If you're down below don't look up. There's your FPS fix :)

But if you're down below you can't look left, right and sometimes forward either! The only "fix" is to actually pan the camera up so you're overhead, but then you can't see.

Minamu

Do I have to make my own cursed weapon or can I find something before New Londo? Or are those transient skulls or something feasible to use for an extended period of time? o_O I have like 4 I think.

Wallachia said:
Lol. You are just scurred cuz it' so nasty and ugly and decripd. Blighttown. The name is so fitting. Gotta shout out that the rickety, moving board paths is an awesome add in :)

Scared, frantic, lost. I felt all three while playing blighttown. I eventually had to look up a youtube walkthrough to get the hell out of there. With the bad framerates and shitty camera angles I didn't want something would pop out and kill me.

P.S. While playing Blighttown at night I kept my lamp on. lol, I needed something to light up the room.

Papercuts

Minamu said:
Do I have to make my own cursed weapon or can I find something before New Londo? Or are those transient skulls or something feasible to use for an extended period of time? o_O I have like 4 I think.

Transient curse lasts a long time, and the ghosts drop more often enough to make it last. They also drop a dagger that lets you hit them, so you'll be fine.

chunk3rvd

Pharis just backflipped off a ledge while we were fighting :(

I haven't moved yet - If I quit and reload will her stuff appear near the ledge?

Had a couple failed Big S & little O co-op runs. I've seen that I can pretty much handle both with my fury sword as it deals very noticeable damage. The problem is that when Big O comes around a party member is dead or the summoner is Big O's target and can't heal. I go in there and with no armor...well I met that spear head on.

vpance

Papercuts said:
But if you're down below you can't look left, right and sometimes forward either! The only "fix" is to actually pan the camera up so you're overhead, but then you can't see.

Yeah down below in the swamps there's not much you can do. But the enemies are pretty sparse and you got room to run around.

Speevy said:
What if you're stuck there with no flowers or arrows?

You can manage to avoid most of the poisoning down in the swamp except for maybe 2 spots? Running to the boss island and another spot in some corner for some items. The rest of it you can run from island to island. The mosquitos are annoying but it's better to just run away or equip the fog ring. I did grind the forest a bit for purple moss but only once since I had a ton from playing there so long in the beginning.

The_Monk

K' Dash said:
The depts, you got the key after defeating the capra demon, be careful, there's a butcher there and the giant rat and the frogs that curse you and the gaping dragon and after that.... BLIGHTTOWN.

3AQmK.gif

Thanks, that one is dead. But Im afraid now... =/

Ristlager

After an hour of dying by falling and suckerpunched by snakepeople in Sens castle I finally get somewhere only too be killed by an
elevator!
Then returning and learning from my "mistake" only to be eaten by a
chest
. Love this game so much. This is so oldschool, and a blessing in these gamingtimes.

Speevy

Banned
I know it sounds silly since the games are structured so differently, but does anyone think some of Blighttown was left out of Demon's Souls' Valley of defilement?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK that Strategy Guide (Hard Cover) is ridiculous, so much info, my god, it's a whole world onto itself

I got it for $13 through amazon, what a fucking steal

Think it's $24.99 retail no?, I think Gamestop was selling it for $34.99, was like WTF!?!

Damn, this could be a coffee table book, seriously, I love just browsing through it

If you are fan of DkS, you need to get this, it's a fucking keeper

Also what is the over/under on OT4, I think some steam is going to get lost due to the big releases for the next 7 weeks straight, good lord

Wallachia

K' Dash said:

3AQmK.gif

Haha. Yeah I love how the Gaping Dragon come out of the depths.. like it is something that came out of Blighttown. Cool how at first its' head looks like a small monitor lizard crawling up.. and then BLAMMO!!

chunk3rvd

g35twinturbo said:

Not the response I was hoping for

Reloaded and her stuff wasn't there. I'd been waiting on that bow for ages as well because I have fairly high dex. I then immediately got killed by an invisible knight in heavy armour and lost my 20,000 souls :/

I think I'll come back to the forest a little later. Blighttown it is!

Wallachia

Speevy said:
I know it sounds silly since the games are structured so differently, but does anyone think some of Blighttown was left out of Demon's Souls' Valley of defilement?

Like someone said on here, it's VoD 2.0.. definitely inspired from it, and bravo they did that.

Luigi87

chunk3rvd said:
Not the response I was hoping for

Reloaded and her stuff wasn't there. I'd been waiting on that bow for ages as well because I have fairly high dex. I then immediately got killed by an invisible knight in heavy armour and lost my 20,000 souls :/

I think I'll come back to the forest a little later. Blighttown it is!

I know your pain =(

GraveRobberX said:
OK that Strategy Guide (Hard Cover) is ridiculous, so much info, my god, it's a whole world onto itself

I got it for $13 through amazon, what a fucking steal

Think it's $24.99 retail no?, I think Gamestop was selling it for $34.99, was like WTF!?!

Damn, this could be a coffee table book, seriously, I love just browsing through it

If you are fan of DkS, you need to get this, it's a fucking keeper

This is definitely all sorts of true. I keep finding new useful information and it works great as a reference for stats for armor sets, weapons, etc.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
overcast said:
Going to be pretty difficult, guy kills him in like 4 hits. I guess he can run.
Maybe lure him off a ledge? Sometimes enemies screw up and fall to their deaths that way. Or you can kick them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom