• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
KoreanBarbecue said:
Your character doesn't have to be naked, FYI. You just need to unequip any armor on your head (since the Dragon Stone needs your head to be bare to work). But yeah, you also need the Coranthy Ring.

I know from personal experience that your character needs to have low enough equip burden to not be effected by stamina penalties for this to work, hence my recommendation for doing this nekkid.

Btw I've done this boss fight with him twice now, and it is even possible for Soltair of Astora to survive the Gaping Dragon?

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I'm in the Duke's Archives and have cleared the rooms of all the enemies I could find.

But...I don't know where to go.

Where is the true path to this boss?

cj_iwakura said:
Oh boy oh boy, Capra NG+ will be fun.

Swing catches me in the back on the run, a dog kills me with a BITE TO THE ANKLE.

i gave him what he deserved in ng+....

iron skin, havel set and 2h iaito.

cheap bastard, hiding behind his dogs.

Speevy said:
Okay, I'm in the Duke's Archives and have cleared the rooms of all the enemies I could find.

But...I don't know where to go.

Where is the true path to this boss?

You have to jump down on one of the bridges that rotates.

Sidzed2

Sidzed2 said:
I have a promo copy of Dark Souls for PS3 which I'm looking to sell for, say, $20 or trade for Resistance 3, Deus Ex or Ratchet All 4 One. PM me if at all interested :)

Just quoting myself to add that I'm located in Australia and that I only accept bank-to-bank transfers. However I would accept trades from overseas. Cheers :)

bathala

Banned
Got all the way down to the bottom of Tomb of the Giants.

When I forgot, I haven't talked to Frampt and activated the vessel AUGH!

should I go Kaathe first before Frampt?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
bathala said:

Sort of personal preference there... do you want spoilers?

cj_iwakura

Augemitbutter said:
i gave him what he deserved in ng+....

iron skin, havel set and 2h iaito.

cheap bastard, hiding behind his dogs.

I'll try firestorming that bastard next run. I think there's enough time for the charge.

Okay probably not.

Fireball?

Re: Kaathe VS Frampt - hear them both out. No reason not to. Then make your own choice.

bathala said:

If you want to shed some light on the true plot to the game and an ending that doesn't feel like a kick in the teeth, yes.

bathala

Banned
Hawkian said:
Sort of personal preference there... do you want spoilers?
well Kinda read that Frampt is just prolonging Gwyn's rule even though he's dead and Kaathe is for the human.
Also, Kaathe as part of a covenant

that's all I know. if there's more spoiler to that I would rather be in the dark.

Mortrialus said:
If you want to shed some light on the true plot to the game and an ending that doesn't feel like a kick in the teeth, yes.
So Kaathe first and the 4 kings?

Speevy

Banned
Mortrialus said:
You have to jump down on one of the bridges that rotates.

I'm not sure I follow you. I'm standing next to the contraption that works the rotating bridge.

As far as I know, I've gone up, down, and all around this thing when it's turned each way.

I found the small outside area that has the bonfire. I wish I could be more descriptive, but the area surounding this turned bridge thing looks the same in one direction as it does the other.

Perhaps directions from the downstairs bonfire?

Thanks btw.

bathala said:
well Kinda read that Frampt is just prolonging Gwyn's rule even though he's dead and Kaathe is for the human.
Also, Kaathe as part of a covenant

that's all I know. if there's more spoiler to that I would rather be in the dark.

So Kaathe first and the 4 kings?

Definitely Kaathe. Plus the armor for the covenant looks really cool.

scy

I look forward to Wrath of the Gods locking basically every boss on NG+. Maybe Sun Spear to the face.

And then killing them with a Pyromancer Flame punch.

bathala

Banned
Mortrialus said:
Definitely Kaathe. Plus the armor for the covenant looks really cool.
Alright to 4 kings then.
Just to be prepared. Do I still need the curse for the ghost even with though I have a divine weapon?

Also, Iron Skin and bust out Greatsword for 4 kings to deal fast dmg?

bathala said:
Alright to 4 kings then.
Just to be prepared. Do I still need the curse for the ghost even with though I have a divine weapon?

Also, Iron Skin and bust out Greatsword for 4 kings to deal fast dmg?

Just make sure you have some transient curse and the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. The curses last 300 seconds and with the Gold Serpent Ring, the ghosts will drop enough to keep you provided with a large surplus.

Don

Speevy said:
I'm not sure I follow you. I'm standing next to the contraption that works the rotating bridge.

As far as I know, I've gone up, down, and all around this thing when it's turned each way.

I found the small outside area that has the bonfire. I wish I could be more descriptive, but the area surounding this turned bridge thing looks the same in one direction as it does the other.

Thanks btw.
I'm currently at this point too and was lost for a while, but just found where I think I need to go.

Have you been in the rooms with a bunch of chests and the books all over the floor? Coming from that downstairs bonfire there are some small rooms to the right with lots of books and some chests as well as a lever that opens a hidden staircase leading outside.

BeeDog

Alright, how do you cheese Ceaseless Discharge? The first time around I was able to beat him since my character could survive a direct attack, but now I die every time (and I will get hit in the fight). I try luring him to the beginning, but he starts using his ranged flame attack that burns me to a crisp. How do I lure him for the cheese 1-hit kill?

Johnas

BeeDog said:
Alright, how do you cheese Ceaseless Discharge? The first time around I was able to beat him since my character could survive a direct attack, but now I die every time (and I will get hit in the fight). I try luring him to the beginning, but he starts using his ranged flame attack that burns me to a crisp. How do I lure him for the cheese 1-hit kill?

Get in that "L" shaped passage in the rock, lure his arm to land in the corner of it, then hit it a couple of times. Works like a charm.

I'm familiar with the method you describe, but I've never tried it.

Augemitbutter said:
i'm still confused about why i'm getting summoned by japanese people 95% of the time. if i try to play on early morning japan time, i'm not getting summoned at all.

this is weird and i have no solution to this problem.

am i the only one with this problem?

this game played plenty of tricks on me, but i think this is the last i've got to solve.

anddo0

BeeDog said:

Grab the armor, run towards the entrance, he'll hit you on the way, keep running. Once you reach the entrance he'll expose his weak point. If you're strong enough you can beat him in a few blows. If not he'll fall to his death. Win! It takes less than 2 mins.

BeeDog

anddo0 said:
Grab the armor, run towards the entrance, he'll hit you on the way, keep running. Once you reach the entrance he'll expose his weak point. If you're strong enough you can beat him in a few blows. If not he'll fall to his death. Win! It takes less than 2 mins.

What if I have grabbed the armor already? When I enter the fog, he's already on his way towards me, and I simply can't get him to move past a certain point. He always stands around and uses his fire arm instead.

Johnas said:
Get in that "L" shaped passage in the rock, lure his arm to land in the corner of it, then hit it a couple of times. Works like a charm.

I'm familiar with the method you describe, but I've never tried it.

Hmm, will try that if the cheese method fails. Damn, he's pissing me off hard right now.

linko9

BeeDog said:
What if I have grabbed the armor already? When I enter the fog, he's already on his way towards me, and I simply can't get him to move past a certain point. He always stands around and uses his fire arm instead.

Hmm, will try that if the cheese method fails. Damn, he's pissing me off hard right now.

You've got to run back to where you got the armor, and then run back to the fog. He'll follow you, and fall.

x3r0123

BeeDog said:

wait, how are you having problems with a gimmick boss?

one85x

It only works if he's been lured from the starting point. So if he's already pissed off, then you have to run back to where the armor was, wait for him, then run back to the entrance.

BeeDog said:

To trigger his easy-kill I had to run all the way back to where I picked the armor up, then back track to the fog gate.

I had tried about a half dozen times to lure him by going up the stairs then back towards the gate - wasn't until I ran all the way to where I picked up the armor and then back that it worked.

Also tried taking him on legitly a few times in the process and sadly failed each time (best I got was about 50% health)

sixghost

BeeDog said:

Don't feel bad if the cliff trick isn't working. I tried it at least 6 or 7 times my first playthrough and it never worked. I had to kill him by hiding in the L shaped alley and baiting out his attack.

Then during my next playthrough I died while grabbing the armor, I ran back there just to try it once more, and it worked. I didn't do a single thing differently. It's weird.

tokkun

Speevy said:

Thanks btw.

I'll assume that you haven't already opened up the shortcut to that downstairs area.

1. Basically, there are two of those staircases that rotate. You can reach one of them normally. Get onto it, turn it, and climb to the top.

2. Pass through a doorway into the other side of the area. There is only one doorway at the top, so if you don't see it, check the opposite side.

3. You should see the other rotatable staircase, but it will be connected to the opposite side of the room. Jump off the ledge and land on it.

4. Rotate it. Walk down to the hallway at the bottom of this staircase. You should run into the wizard dude who has been sniping at you since you entered (unless you killed him with ranged attacks).

5. Go through the door in this hallway and you will eventually run into a room with a couple levers in it. One of the levers will open a shortcut back to the bonfire. The other will open a sunken staircase. If you go down this staircase there is a path outside that leads to the Crystal Cave.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ugh, I thought people said you get way more souls for co-oping bosses?

Waited 15 min to get summoned at gargoyals, got nothing.
Ran to Capra Demoned, summed in 3 min... easy enough fight, only got 600 souls.
It's going to take FOREVER to get me 40k souls at this speed :(

scy

SquirrelNuckle said:
So I just killed some gold knight who was locked up in this cage. Was this bad?

The only thing of note you'll miss is
looting his armor later when you kill him properly.

John Harker said:

Help people to beat gaping dragon... 15k souls for every win.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
John Harker said:

You get lots of souls for co-oping some bosses. The Gargoyles and the Capra Demon don't give very many souls at all. The first boss that gives lots of souls is the Gaping Dragon, who gives 12,500 souls to every participant upon a successful co-op victory. He's the boss you're going to want to farm.

SquirrelNuckle said:
So I just killed some gold knight who was locked up in this cage. Was this bad?
Yes and no

If you let him go, through his actions he'll deactivate the bonfire at Firelink for about 10 game hours until you confront him in Anor Londo

Jonsoncao

Banned
LOL@the new thread title.

elty said:
When will Master Logan leave for the first time?
If you rescued him from Sen's Fortress, he will leave for Duke's Archives when you
placed the Lordvessel onto that fireplace.

Kyoufu

BeeDog said:
Alright, thanks everyone. I dread the running back and forth and I doubt I'll survive the attacks :/

I assume you're talking about Ceaseless Discharge? Just run to the fog, then when it jumps and hangs on, hit it a bunch. Bam. Instant KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom