• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

ixix said:
I keep seeing everyone referring to the
Lost Izalith
first area monsters as dinosaurs. They aren't. They're
the living hindquarters of zombie dragons.
You are being stomped to death by
living asses and legs.

Seriously.

If that's true, that's a shitload of dragons that got killed in the exact same way in one area.

Grisby

Gamer @ Heart said:
NOTE TO MELEE CHARCTERS:

Make the crystal ring shield. It shoots a magic blast and the locked on enemy for twice your right weapons power. Its absurdly powerful and will help you put down any normal enemy in the game in two hits, unless you are incredibly under powered.

It will make lost izalith and demons ruins, easy
How do you make the shield?

Kyoufu

Infinite_Daremo said:
Co-op'd with my friend tonight. White soap sign spamming worked quite quickly and we both took down the Gaping Dragon. The game is amazing once again.

Can this be put in the main FAQ?

Repeatedly putting down your white soap stone,
wait 20-30 seconds,
if your friend doesn't see it.
Repeat until success

Works a charm

If only it worked when I tried it earlier today. :/

Grisby said:
How do you make the shield?

Moonlight Butterfly Soul and a +10 shield. Anor Londo blacksmith will do it.

izunadono said:
3:30 in, fought some boss with
two Machetes
which turned out to be completely optional, and I'm actually enjoying this game a lot less than I thought I would =(.

I don't like how many enemies with Spears there are (something is wrong with their AI), even then everything else so far has been easily parried.

--

Anyway, instead of me complaining about the stuff I don't like, I have a funny story about a boss that hopped off a cliff. ^&^ Probably scared by my naked character.

Forward + R1 will do a kick which should break their guard. Then just beat the shit out of them. Its easier than waiting for them to attack.

vilmer_ said:
I totally forgot I used the Black Eye Orb, invaded
Lautrec
and hammered his ass last night before I logged. Just remembered he is supposed to drop his armor in the
room with the Princess with the magnificent melons
but I don't see it anywhere...

justice!

Kyoufu said:
If only it worked when I tried it earlier today. :/

Do you both have similar NAT types. Me and my friend had a NAT of 2 and connected after 5 mins of putting them down. How far away from each other are you? As far as I'm aware server placement is still ping based so if they're in another country it might be impossible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hawkian said:
9 pages already rofl... :lol

Well, I had some good stuff happen today, so spending the rest of it playing an incredibly difficult action-RPG seems about right.
100 posts per page... DISGRACE :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUCK THIS.

*rage quits*

G'night GAF ♥

Kyoufu

Infinite_Daremo said:
Do you both have similar NAT types. Me and my friend had a NAT of 2 and connected after 5 mins of putting them down. How far away from each other are you? As far as I'm aware server placement is still ping based so if they're in another country it might be impossible.

Meh. Hopefully the patch fixes this shit. I'm dying to do NG+ in co-op.

Pumpkins

Infinite_Daremo said:

I've been able to connect with my friend on the other side of the country. That said, it took a lot of coordination and a lot of "summoning failed" to get it to work.

I hope they fix it soon...

Booshka

Kind of felt bad today totally owning these two Forest Hunter Phantoms, they were both way below my level, and one of them didn't even know he couldn't heal with Estus during invasions, he did the little "I dunno" gesture then I gave him the backstab.

Okay, it's kind of bullshit that Ornstein
recovers all his health after you kill Smough. I was really enjoying the battle thinking it was Agni & Rudra 2.0. I brought Ornstein's health down before finishing off Smough then "WTF! He recovered it all?" Then Ornstein impaled me with his lightning spear.

Also, can someone tell me when I get the ability to warp between bonfires?

Booshka

Speevy said:
I just ate this soul because I thought I'd never use it.

Ah well.
It's the Dark Souls way to learn from failure. I did the same thing with Quelagg's soul on my first playthrough.

Got invaded in Lost Izalith, I have lava ring he doesn't, I got him to like 5% hp and he ran away, what do? He's stronger than me so I can really only fight him in the lava.

Izuna

Banned
Infinite_Daremo said:
Forward + R1 will do a kick which should break their guard. Then just beat the shit out of them. Its easier than waiting for them to attack.

Not necessary when holding a weapon with both hands breaks their guard after about two strikes.

=( I should have gotten this on PS3, the bumpers aren't the best for attacking.

Lucentto

Banned
electroshockwave said:
Okay, it's kind of bullshit that Ornstein
recovers all his health after you kill Smough. I was really enjoying the battle thinking it was Agni & Rudra 2.0. I brought Ornstein's health down before finishing off Smough then "WTF! He recovered it all?" Then Ornstein impaled me with his lightning spear.

Also, can someone tell me when I get the ability to warp between bonfires?
After you beat Ornstein, good luck with that lol.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Speevy said:
I just ate this soul because I thought I'd never use it.

Ah well.

I almost did but then I read up on it. I had the Sack drop from the butcher and I threw it away :(

Ever since then I've been keeping stuff

Desaan

demosthenes said:
Got invaded in Lost Izalith, I have lava ring he doesn't, I got him to like 5% hp and he ran away, what do? He's stronger than me so I can really only fight him in the lava.

Start --> Quit

Nobody comes into my game and runs away.

Desaan said:
Start --> Quit

Nobody comes into my game and runs away.

LOL Quit blocked out!

Ugh, is he just waiting behind a corner somehwere or something :|

I thought he was running and to heal and then put on the fog ring or something.

Lucentto

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
Has anyone found a weapon equivalent to the Moonlight Sword in Demon's Souls that ignores enemy shields & directly damages them through that?
The Shotel is the only weapon that I know of that goes through shields.

Yusss!! Finally beat him on my third try. Not actually that bad but damn was it an intense fight.

Can finally move on with my life lol

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Spoiler question about convenant leader
Can someone give me a summary (or word-for-word) of what Kaathe says to you?

Sure.

He tells you that there were 3 great souls, or something like that, but someone (your ancestor) found a 4th one, the Dark Soul. He says that this is supposed to be the evolution of mankind, but that Lord Gwyn got scared of it and hid away in the wherever he is. He then tells you that you must fill the lordvessel (on the altar) with the souls of the 3 betrayers (Seath, Nito, Bed of Chaos) so that you can open the door, kill Gwyn and ascend to become the Dark Soul and lead man into the next step of evolution.

He tells you that Frampt became friends with Gwyn and instead of watching impartially, has now sided with Gwyn in keeping the fires lit and oppressing the evolution of mankind.

Wiki has some of the dialogue transcribed:
Bringing the Lordvessel to Kathe (incomplete Dialogue)
The truth I shall share without sentiment
After the advent of fire, the ancient lords found the three souls
but your progenitor found a fourth, unique soul
the Dark Soul
your ancestor claimed the dark soul and waited for fire to subside
and soon, the flames did fade, and only dark remained
thus began the age of men, the Age of Dark
However…
Lord Gwyn trembled at the dark
clinging to his Age of Fire, and in dire fear of humans
and the Dark Lord who would one day be born amongst them
Lord Gwyn resisted the course of nature
by sacrificing himself to link the fire, and commanding his children to shepard the humans
Gwynn has blurred your past, to prevent the birth of the Dark Lord
I am the primordial serpent
I seek to right the wrongs of the past to discover our true lord
but the other serpent, Frampt, lost his sense, and befriended Lord Gwyn.
Undead warrior, we stand at the crossroad
Only I know the truth about your fate
you must destroy the fading Lord Gwyn, who has coddled fire and resisted nature
and become the forth lord, so that you may usher in the Age of Dark
(Yes)
Very well
I shall now guide you to Gwyn's Prison
Be still and entrust thine flesh to me.

Something to that effect. Sorry, it was late last night when he gave me the speech.

Zzoram

Infinite_Daremo said:
Co-op'd with my friend tonight. White soap sign spamming worked quite quickly and we both took down the Gaping Dragon. The game is amazing once again.

Can this be put in the main FAQ?

Repeatedly putting down your white soap stone,
wait 20-30 seconds,
if your friend doesn't see it.
Repeat until success

Works a charm

put in OP plz

dralla

whats the difference between occult and divine? is there any reason to occult? i was planning on it, but seeing the stats side by side, it's such a minimal difference and it's a lot easier to upgrade divine

Desaan

demosthenes said:
LOL Quit blocked out!

Ugh, is he just waiting behind a corner somehwere or something :|

I thought he was running and to heal and then put on the fog ring or something.

Send him irate messages demeaning his ethnic background and sexual orientation!

Raw64life

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lost Siegmeyer in
the Lost Izalith. I have no idea what I did wrong but he died almost instantaneously once he dropped into the mud. I killed all the squid things in about 5 seconds but it didn't make a difference.
Really wanted to complete his path.

dralla said:
whats the difference between occult and divine? is there any reason to occult? i was planning on it, but seeing the stats side by side, it's such a minimal difference and it's a lot easier to upgrade divine

Occult scales better with faith, I thought.

electroshockwave said:
Beat him on my next try. They weren't so bad after all. And I thought I was supposed to get the fat one's armour if I killed it first.

No, whichever you kill first means you DON'T get the opportunity to buy their armor.

Hi2u

Banned
Ok what makes you start at the nearest bonfire? I just got to the one in the catacombs, lit it (not kindled) and died shortly after, but I still started at the undead parish bonfire.

Santiako

Gamer @ Heart said:
NOTE TO MELEE CHARCTERS:

Make the crystal ring shield. It shoots a magic blast and the locked on enemy for twice your right weapons power. Its absurdly powerful and will help you put down any normal enemy in the game in two hits, unless you are incredibly under powered.

It will make lost izalith and demons ruins, easy

Can you repair that shield?

chiba

Hi2u said:
Ok what makes you start at the nearest bonfire? I just got to the one in the catacombs, lit it (not kindled) and died shortly after, but I still started at the undead parish bonfire.
You need to rest at it to bind after you light it.

Santiako said:
Can you repair that shield?

yes.

Hi2u said:

resting at it. you need to sit down and regen everything/respawn enemies.

I also made the mistake of making the Moonlight Butterfly Horn instead of the shield. Beautiful as it is it's been mostly useless so far in terms of actual use in combat. I guess once I play a lot more and my Int goes up it will start to be useful, but having no physical damage at all means it's a bit limited in use.

Lucentto

Banned
electroshockwave said:
Beat him on my next try. They weren't so bad after all. And I thought I was supposed to get the fat one's armour if I killed it first.
Nah, If you want one of their armor, you have to beat that one last. For example: If you want the fat one's armor, kill skinny first, then kill fatty after the power up. A NPC will sell the armor then.

"Amazing chest ahead"

Lucentto said:
Nah, If you want one of their armor, you have to beat that one last. For example: If you want the fat one's armor, kill skinny first, then kill fatty after the power up. A NPC will sell the armor then.
The one in the Depths?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sure this has been covered but this thread title epically sucks.

I apologize to whatever named it, but it even misses out on the joke it's trying to make- the blighttown framerate is slow, it's not impressive that this thread moves faster than it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom