• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

LOLOLOL

turns out she was camouflaged as a barrel and I didn't realize it!!! BEST GAME EVER

I finally noticed the oddly placed barrel and rolled into it, only to get hit by a soul arrow and lose 90% of my health

I managed to just barely beat her though

does the Lautrec weapon break through shields? She was hitting right through my blocked shield even though it has 100% physical

johntown

Banned
Zzoram said:
LOLOLOL

turns out she was camouflaged as a barrel and I didn't realize it!!! BEST GAME EVER

I finally noticed the oddly placed barrel and rolled into it, only to get hit by a soul arrow and lose 90% of my health

I managed to just barely beat her though

does the Lautrec weapon break through shields? She was hitting right through my blocked shield even though it has 100% physical
Some weapons ignore shields. Not sure which one you are talking about but I know the halbred ignores them a little.

Atolm said:
Yeah, managed to cut Priscilla's tail in NG+ at last, I needed it for the trophy. It's the hardest tail to cut IMO, she has very low HP and you can kill her before the tail falls downs.

i did it with a chaos fireball after a few failed attempts to cut it with a sword. it came off after she got hit by the lava effect, not by the fireball.

orion434

Zzoram said:
i'm up to 4 souvenir's of reprisal, and 2 levels away from 50 INT and finding out what white dragon breath does

I'm going to grind some Souvenir's tonight... I really don't like invading and I need 7 more. I'm going to put my summons down too as Warrior of Sunlight, isn't that how you accumulate Sunlight Medals? If I am part of the Covenant and we defeat a boss all players will get one including me right? I have 9 and just need 1 more for the Rank-up and Miracle.

Zzoram

they really need to widen the PvP level range from +/- 10% to something wider if they aren't going to put everyone in the same lobby

MedIC86

Two questions:

is dark gwyndolin or whatever is called necesary to kill ? the ring is in the catacombs right?

i want the chaos fireball but i dont want to leave my current convenant, can i exit and get the chaos fireball and rejoin my old convenant or how does that work ?

Audioboxer

Kyoufu said:
You don't need it to join the covenant.

When I talk to the NPC, she just says "......"

Maybe it's because I accidentally killed that egg sack guy thinking he was an enemy. Can I therefore pay souls to forget my sins and then join?

orion434

MedIC86 said:
Two questions:

i want the chaos fireball but i dont want to leave my current convenant, can i exit and get the chaos fireball and rejoin my old convenant or how does that work ?

If you haven't ranked-up the covenant you are in now, you can leave and join another covenant then re-join with no penality. As long as you don't make the giver hostile. If you have Ranked-up, you will lose 1 rank if you leave and rejoin.

rayner said:
I'm going to grind some Souvenir's tonight... I really don't like invading and I need 7 more. I'm going to put my summons down too as Warrior of Sunlight, isn't that how you accumulate Sunlight Medals? If I am part of the Covenant and we defeat a boss all players will get one including me right? I have 9 and just need 1 more for the Rank-up and Miracle.

if you're a warrior of sunlight, you'll get a sunlight medal everytime you finish a boss, yes.

Kyoufu

Maybe it's because I accidentally killed that egg sack guy thinking he was an enemy. Can I therefore pay souls to forget my sins and then join?

Yeah I think so. Not sure though, I don't accidentally kill friendly NPCs.

BeeDog said:
The gimmick boss of Lost Izalith is some of the most janky and awful things I've had to endure this gaming generation. In NG+, you have to have an absurdly high level of luck to jump to the branch (in the awful Dark Souls platforming way), while being bombared by its regular hands and its fire-based super attack. And OF COURSE, it's practically impossible to block these attacks since you need to focus on landing on that stupid branch.

Is there some shield that blocks the damage of the fire swing? My Eagle Shield can block the hands, but it's the fire one that one-shots me.

Yeah-- I don't know how people without the ability to take a few hits even do that fight. It seems almost impossible (or at least totally arbitrary) not to get hit by something.

orion434

Augemitbutter said:
if you're a warrior of sunlight, you'll get a sunlight medal everytime you finish a boss, yes.

I was just looking at the Miracle that I need and I basically have to beat the game to get it... I have to have the soul of the final boss of the game. So I won't be doing this on my 1st playthrough anyway... unless I accumulate > 20 Medals.

If you want all Achievements you need to play though to the Giant Blacksmith in NG++

You need Old Witches Ring to be able to talk to her. Its not required, merely interesting if you want some extra background. Killing the egg sack guy doesn't ban you from the covenant (IIRC), but you miss out on two new pyro spells and an extra pryomancers flame.

Audioboxer

Oracle Dragon said:
You need Old Witches Ring to be able to talk to her. Its not required, merely interesting if you want some extra background. Killing the egg sack guy doesn't ban you from the covenant (IIRC), but you miss out on two new pyro spells and an extra pryomancers flame.

I ended up paying for sins, and it worked.

My pyromancy flame is at +15, is there anyway to get that higher on the first playthrough? Thanks

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does the Gravelord covenant cease to exist after you kill Nito?

rayner said:
I was just looking at the Miracle that I need and I basically have to beat the game to get it... I have to have the soul of the final boss of the game. So I won't be doing this on my 1st playthrough anyway... unless I accumulate > 20 Medals.

If you want all Achievements you need to play though to the Giant Blacksmith in NG++

that's correct. i can achive that today hopefully.

Septimius

So, yesterday was pretty fun. I now have 40 humanities bound to my character. I got them all from invading others. Probably won about 70-80% of the fights. I really started to appreciate the indictment system. I take it as a hate message. It's funny when I invade someone, and they die themselves before I even reach them, but they still indict me.

I've finally gotten back my skills from DeS of being able to handle 2 people at once. I had a ton of fair fights and awesome fights yesterday. I hate the magic blast, whatever that's called. Some people just run up to you, and instantly blow away half your HP with a silly blast. All my invasion I did yesterday was done in the Painting World. Some people would wait in that first narrow corridor on the way up to the first bonfire to cheese me. Most of those I just went back to my world from.

Conclusion is that I beat most of the people I had fair fights with, I've had quite some fights where I've first killed off the white phantoms, then had a 1on1. I do turn unfair once you do something that's unfair. I will rush-kill you if you start summoning phantoms - I will fog ring if you have fog ring on, and I will fog ring and run around and take off your two other white phantoms before removing it and fighting you.

But for the love of god, stop with that ridiculous fog ring and slow AoE tactic. It is just not fun.

Label said:
The pyro lady in Blighttown

oh wow. I had no idea you could ascend it. Well, now I know what to do with the hundreds of thousands of souls I got from killing people yesterday

Zzoram said:

The shotel does, yes.

Trevelyon

Wow! it's really feast or famine for dark moon invades. :yawn:

Rez said:
Does the Gravelord covenant cease to exist after you kill Nito?

Yeh, you can still access his lair through the broken tomb or bonfire, but he won't be in his coffin to let you join. NG+ for Gravelord me thinks.

Game is freezing for me on the Nito fight. Went in there with two other players and it froze just as he was about to die.
Rebooted the game (save was ok - didn't lose anything). Waited for 2 other players to join an then the same thing happens at around the same time/health.

:(

Misterinenja said:
Hmm just completed Tomb of the Giants. Why isn't
Patches
appearing at Firelink?

do you know where he sets up shop?

what did you answer to his question?
i answered no cleric and didn't attack him

Jadedx

Banned
I have a love hate relationship with this game, I love how addictive it is, and how there is no limit to the different number of Items I can carry, but I hate everything else. Leveling is stupid, online component is broken, saving structure sucks, the story seems like it was added on at the last minute, and worst of all once you pass the first section they give almost no instruction, If it wasn't for the internet I would of never found the last 3 bosses.

Jonsoncao

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
So you can Max SL in DkS by doing that glitch/cheat?

Friend sent me a link on the how to?

Hopefully invading players aren't @Max when I start
Your SL must be within host's plus or minus 10% range.

I found her, but for some reason she won't ascend my flame?
Second tab in the Modify wpn option

You could still join Chaos servant even you killed the egg merchant and didnt pay for your sins at Oswald the Carim, you just have to equip the witch ring to understand spider lady's words.

IrishNinja said:
which sword is the one you use to kill skellys and make them never come back? figure i should sort this before the catacombs.

you can make a divine weapon of choice.
you probaly asked about the sword in valley of the drakes though. it's beside a zombie drake, impossible to miss.

IrishNinja

Augemitbutter said:
you can make a divine weapon of choice.
you probaly asked about the sword in valley of the drakes though. it's beside a zombie drake, impossible to miss.

yeah, straight sword of astoria or something? i died getting it, and it's not great but it's supposed to be blessed - still, the graveyard skellys come back so i thought maybe it wasnt working. i guess they just mean "stay dead until you hit a campsite, like everything else".

Trevelyon

IrishNinja said:
which sword is the one you use to kill skellys and make them never come back? figure i should sort this before the catacombs.

How early are you? You'll need a divine weapon to kill them dead otherwise the Drake sword should get you into and through the catacombs with ease.

DuendeSmoker

Neo Member
IrishNinja said:
yeah, straight sword of astoria or something? i died getting it, and it's not great but it's supposed to be blessed - still, the graveyard skellys come back so i thought maybe it wasnt working. i guess they just mean "stay dead until you hit a campsite, like everything else".

If they're not getting back to life 4 seconds after you kill them, then it's working. The two ways to remedy this are Divine Weapons and Kill the Necromancer.

Everything except necromancers and special enemies (black knight etc) respawns when you use a bonfire.

jkoch

Oracle Dragon said:
I would say that if you want/KNOW you will do NG+, Master Key is the best gift. If you are only here to play once and just finish the game, then it is a useless gift.

Shit, you're absolutely right. I wish I would have thought that through a little more before I started.

nasos_333

BigAT said:
So is Pinwheel a real boss? I went in there absolutely blind with no knowledge of the boss or the encounter and still one shot it easily. I'm still not really sure what the gimmick or point of the boss is, I killed it so quickly.

If you dont kill him fast enough though gets much much harder

I died first time, the trick is to kill him very fast

BTW, do Humanity items tranfer in NG+ ? I want to get like 99 and have them stocked for future playthroughs

dewkl

Neo Member
anything I can do to play with friends? He can't see my soulsign which I guess is because we're on different servers. Does it help to restart the game/PS3?

Zzoram

dewkl said:
anything I can do to play with friends? He can't see my soulsign which I guess is because we're on different servers. Does it help to restart the game/PS3?

keep putting down new white stones, that resets your lobby

Zzoram

dewkl said:
tried 20-30 times. does not work for us. does it help if both joins white covenant?

if you're in the same covenant it helps a bit

are you two within 10% of each other's level? you have to be within 10% of the host's level

so if the host is 50, you can be 45-55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom