• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raw64life said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lost Siegmeyer in
the Lost Izalith. I have no idea what I did wrong but he died almost instantaneously once he dropped into the mud. I killed all the squid things in about 5 seconds but it didn't make a difference.
Really wanted to complete his path.
I did as well, but man :/

Forget about all the fun, you can just win this game by getting a wrench and youtubing the infinite souls method(man)

Zir4X.jpg

I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid
golem dropping fire bombs and I can't pass it. How do I kill it or get pass the flames?

Infernodash said:
I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid
golem dropping fire bombs and I can't pass it. How do I kill it or get pass the flames?
There are black charred spot on the ground, there are the general area where the blast will be.

I know I died several times trying to past it, but I have to ask, did you find the bonfire when you got up top, it is not far from there.

Zzoram said:
Where do you buy miracles when you join the Princess Guard?
Um iirc you don't buy them, they drop off of the Piscasa? (spelling) in the
Duke's Archive

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Infernodash said:
I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid
kill it kill it

If you get to the top you can confront it directly. There's a ring around there that increases your fire defense if you're having trouble surviving it.

Hi2u

Banned
Oklevi level 74. reached Anor Londo but warped out to do Catacombs. My stats are :
STR 20
VIT 28
END 23
DEX 19
INT 20
FAITH 20
ATTUNE 12

Where should I pump more in now?

Also how many Achievement points is possible on first playthrough?

I'm an achievement whore but messed up one cheev by killing someone in the depths I wasn't supposed to. Also I didn't cut the tail on gaping dragon or gargoyles so I messed the rare weapon cheev up too :(

I'm trying to do this as carefully as possible from here on in first playthrough.

I got lightning spear from fortress. What weapon should I find/upgrade? Is it worth me farming now or later?

Zzoram

Infernodash said:
I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid

Did you get the bonfire? There is one you can drop to near that enemy, that then lets you drop back to a staircase and get back to just a minute before the area with that enemy.

There should be markings on a broken wall nearby to drop down, but be careful because that area can be hit by the enemy.

Kyoufu

Infernodash said:
I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid

You can safely snipe it from below, or you can make your way up there. I sniped it.

Zzoram said:
Where do you buy miracles when you join the Princess Guard?

I'm confused. The princess guard has nothing to do with miracles, AFAIK.

Hi2u said:
Also how many Achievement points is possible on first playthrough?

I'm an achievement whore but messed up one cheev by killing someone in the depths I wasn't supposed to. Also I didn't cut the tail on gaping dragon or gargoyles so I messed the rare weapon cheev up too :(

I'm trying to do this as carefully as possible from here on in first playthrough.

You can get all but 2 cheevos/trophy in 1 play if you're willing to grind stuff out. 1 is for the ending you didn't choose, the other is the rare weapons. The earliest you can get the rare weapons achievement/trophy is partially into your 3rd, once you have the soul of Sif and have made it back to the blacksmith at Anor Londo.

Cloudius12 said:
There are black charred spot on the ground, there are the general area where the blast will be.

I know I died several times trying to past it, but I have to ask, did you find the bonfire when you got up top, it is not far from there.

Um iirc you don't buy them, they drop off of the Piscasa? (spelling) in the
Duke's Archive

When I go up the steps, the flames do damage to me. I'm wondering if I can run through it safely before he drops the next bomb.

Zzoram

corrosivefrost said:
I'm confused. The princess guard has nothing to do with miracles, AFAIK.

The wiki says:

Miracle: Bountiful Sunlight and Miracle: Soothing Sunlight become available through Piscaca.

after joining Princess Guard in Anor Lando

Infernodash said:
When I go up the steps, the flames do damage to me. I'm wondering if I can run through it safely before he drops the next bomb.
the bombs drop at a set interval, it is possible to get through if you run past at the right time.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ya, that souls glitch is crazy.

Hopefully they don't patch it. It's not like it's hurting anyone. Besides, it's a nice way to mess with builds.

Kyoufu said:
You can safely snipe it from below, or you can make your way up there. I sniped it.

I would snipe it, but I have no arrows, bolts, or fire magic left. Basically a sitting duck from below.

Zzoram, I'm trying to get to the bonfire but the Golem keeps dropping large firebombs before I can run up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Iron
Golem
If not for the grab and one-hit kill move, I'd be making short work of this thing. tips on avoiding it? seems instantaneous.

Cloudius12 said:
the bombs drop at a set interval, it is possible to get through if you run past at the right time.

Okay, I will try that now. Just so nervous that I'll die and have to get back there all over again.

FINALBOSS

Banned
demosthenes said:
Bed of Chaos is a master troll.

Fuck yes.

I beat the game yesterday and that boss pissed me off to no end. I think I died about 8 times.

Not because he was particularly hard, but because of A. the floor falling B. me missing the mark rolling on the branch and C. he hit me off the edge EVERY single time (even when blocking)

Zzoram

FINALBOSS said:

Hopefully they don't patch it. It's not like it's hurting anyone. Besides, it's a nice way to mess with builds.

It's the only way to pay Attonement fees once you're a high level character if you accidentally hit an NPC.

2000 souls x your soul level, for a SL100 character that hits an NPC, they have to pay 2,000,000 souls to remove aggro.

Kalnos

Banned
FINALBOSS said:

They already said they're patching it. ;p

I'm assuming that's what they meant by 'infinite souls and magic' glitch.

EDIT: Nvm that was items, not souls.

Hawkian said:
Iron
Golem
If not for the grab and one-hit kill move, I'd be making short work of this thing. tips on avoiding it? seems instantaneous.

Stay really close to him, circle around his feet clockwise constantly. Melee when he gives you an opening.

Zzoram said:
The wiki says:

Miracle: Bountiful Sunlight and Miracle: Soothing Sunlight become available through Piscaca.

after joining Princess Guard in Anor Lando

As far as I know they are drops from the Piscaca enemy type.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bountiful-sunlight

General Information

Spell Type Uses Faith Duration Slot Cost NPC Trainer Training Cost
Support 2 36 ?? 2 The Duke's Archives (monsters guarding Big Hat Logan) ??

Infernodash said:
Okay, I will try that now. Just so nervous that I'll die and have to get back there all over again.

Just dash quickly up the path, if you see black spots on the floor, keep moving.

FINALBOSS said:

It'd ruin the experience of the game though.

I am fine with the soul farming in the forest though.

lupin23rd

Kyoufu said:
Moonlight Butterfly Soul and a +10 shield. Anor Londo blacksmith will do it.
Any shield or specifically a great shield? I didn't see the option to update my +10 spider shield but maybe I missed it / didn't actually upgrade to +10.

Hawkian said:
Iron
Golem
Perhaps it is the amount of HP you have. But they do alot of damage.
The way how I approached him was rolling under his legs and hit him a couple times. The grab has a decent amount of tracking, but I believe it is easier to spot, you just have to know when to back off. All his other attacks can be avoided if you roll under his legs iirc if not very close to him.

redhot_

Hawkian said:
Iron
Golem

the grab is glitched, even when your behind him he can get you sometimes.. and for that move that seems to be 1 hitting you, just carefully roll around. Good thing to do is summon that npc in the tower across, he owns with his great sword.

Maleficence said:
It'd ruin the experience of the game though.

I am fine with the soul farming in the forest though.

I don't think it's wrong for someone to want to roll @ max soul level after they've beaten the game 2-3 times. I don't have a problem w/ that. I have a problem w/ Forest Covenant campers.

Can I wake Frampt up?

Infernodash said:
You need to find the bonfire that is hidden from view at the top of the fortress, you don't have to do the whole fortress again.

demosthenes said:
I don't think it's wrong for someone to want to roll @ max soul level after they've beaten the game 2-3 times. I don't have a problem w/ that. I have a problem w/ Forest Covenant campers.

Can I wake Frampt up?
Not a troll

You need to hit him with your weapon once to wake him up.

Johnas

I know I'm way behind compared to most other people here, but had a lot of time to play today and managed to make my way to Sen's Fortress.

What a fantastically designed area. Before I'd been kind of on the fence as to whether this game had been living up to Demon's Souls, but it definitely does now.

Fought the boss a few times so far, getting closer each time.

lupin23rd said:
Any shield or specifically a great shield? I didn't see the option to update my +10 spider shield but maybe I missed it / didn't actually upgrade to +10.

Any shield, just about. I used large leather shield +10.

Hawkian said:
Ah yeah, that's what's happening. Thanks for the tips!

He grabs between his legs and a bit behind him so stay to either side and a good distance when he does it and you'll be fine.

He kept getting me too until I figured this out.

DO NOT stay between his legs.

Maleficence said:
He grabs between his legs and a bit behind him so stay to either side and a good distance when he does it and you'll be fine.

He kept getting me too until I figured this out.

DO NOT stay between his legs.

Better yet, whack the shit out one leg, have him fall, smash his face in while he's on his ass. If you know pyromancy, set his ass on fire while he's down. Great fireball abuses him.

corrosivefrost said:
Just dash quickly up the path, if you see black spots on the floor, keep moving.

Cloudius12 said:
You need to find the bonfire that is hidden from view at the top of the fortress, you don't have to do the whole fortress again.

I did it. I ran pass it like no one's business. Happy to hit the bonfire. I was too on edge crossing them narrow walkways. I'm gonna take a little break and pick it up again tonight. thanks for all the tips guys

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
corrosivefrost said:
Better yet, whack the shit out one leg, have him fall, smash his face in while he's on his ass. If you know pyromancy, set his ass on fire while he's down. Great fireball abuses him.
I haven't any magic, gonna see if I can beat the game without learning a single spell. :p

MechaX

demosthenes said:

Forest Covenant Campers are just like... wow.

The first and only time I tried to let myself get summoned, it was to some guy who clearly didn't beat the boss yet as evident from the giant glowing door in the distance. We beat an invader, but he's just going around chopping bushes. After about 5 minutes of this, it goes like:

"Yo, man. What are you doing?"
"Camping forest covenant."
"..."
*White Soapstone*

I just don't see the appeal of waiting up to an hour just to gang up one some helpless sap to get souls/humanity that you could farm twice the amount of in 5 minutes.

2AdEPT

Infernodash said:
I'm having trouble in
Sen's Fortress
. There is this stupid

Your name says it all man! You gotta go quick...I died the first time creeping slow, so the next time I dashed right for the stairs and made it without a flame. It is impossible to totally miss a flame on the way back here or there so run with high flame protect shield up and wear the flame ring which is acquired down the stairs with the two rapier hollows. I was wearing the gold trimed set and hardly took damage with all three. THere are safe spots all over the area....usually you are safe in narrow passageways...open areas are fair game and he will switch areas so until you kill him you best learn his spots...there is the original one, one furhter toward the Ricard Kight on an open walkway, and a third right near a bridge with a gap that you will have ot jump to
get the vendor.
and travel on to get up to kill him face to face.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Iron Tarkus
and I were kicking the SHIT out of him- he's not equipped for more than one assailant. But I rolled off the edge :lol gonna be farming some humanity after this.

Hawkian said:
I haven't any magic, gonna see if I can beat the game without learning a single spell. :p

Then when he's on his ass, switch to 2H and destroy him... if he starts standing, move behind him and (again) rape his foot. Rinse and repeat.

cj_iwakura

Damn you to the hades, (Crystal Cave)
Seath.

You do mad damage AND curse me? Rot in hell.

The means of curing a curse is nonsense. I have to earn Humanity AND spend that to cure it? Blech.

Will I be stuck at half HP if I join other games too?

Hawkian said:
Iron Tarkus
and I were kicking the SHIT out of him- he's not equipped for more than one assailant. But I rolled off the edge :lol gonna be farming some humanity after this.

Any tips on farming humanity? Other than the rats in the depths...

lupin23rd

Which entrance to Blighttown is the Iaito closest to? Rolling with a lightning uchigatana and close to the end game, but want to pick this up.

Also for those who have turned traitor to the forest covenant,
how much of a pushover are shiva and his backflip buddy?

MechaX

Kyleripman said:
Any tips on farming humanity? Other than the rats in the depths...

There's a better area for farming humanity.

Unfortunately... you have to go to the Tomb of Giants to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom