• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question

I'm in the Painted World of Ariamis and defeated Black Phantom King Jeremiah, to find and get his armour set do i need to actually fight and Kill Priscilla or can i just refuse to fight her and leave and find the set?

Also where will it be

Thanks

sixghost

BeeDog said:
Oh, by the way, is it worth upgrading the Black Knight Shield to +5? I'm trying to use the base version against the last boss (to block the fire damage), but he hits so hard I get staggered. Simply put, will an upgrade let me block the attacks without getting staggered?
There's no way we could possibly know this. The stability maxes out at 78 I think, which is pretty good. I like to upgrade it and the Hollow Shield, switching to black knight for fire based stuff.

Finalow

EasyMode said:
I laughed. You mean the butterfly? Go in light so you can roll fast,
his attacks can be avoided. After a while he decides to let you kill him.
that boss is easy but some attacks can be very dangerous, i mean with that slow green thing it almost killed me. (52 vitality)

Sullichin

Small Mailman said:
Not when you have absolutely no Magic DEF or any sort of ranged weapon. I keep hearing there's like a summon nearby who makes the fight easier but I haven't seen it.

he's easy with melee too. just wait for him to come down. think you have to roll through a barrel nearby to reveal the summon sign

Finalow

Sullichin said:
he's easy with melee too. just wait for him to come down. think you have to roll through a barrel nearby to reveal the summon sign
isn't the goldengolem-lady that sells magics the one that you can summon?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
24FrameDaVinci said:
I can't take those Londo archers, so infuriating.

Watch the youtube video. Bottom line is that you have to just run by everything, engage the right most archer until he pulls out his sword, retreat until he falls into the abyss of his own doing.

Audioboxer

Thanks to everyone who helped me with sorcerer tips earlier, I'm now ready to commence my new playthrough of Dark Souls :)

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Got my Estoic and Dragon Crest Shield. Almost have enough souls for Heavy Soul Arrow.

Used this video to pickup some other goodies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SRuwXZGks

Zzoram

WanderingWind said:
Hmm, glitching is only wrong on the first play through...right? Justify my cheating ways GAF!!

Depends what you use it for. If it's just buying spells or paying absolution fines, no biggie.

Carcetti

WanderingWind said:
I going to buy everything I couldn't afford the first time around.

Well, that's fine of course, if you can handle the nagging voice inside your head going 'You weren't tough enough for Dark Souls so you had to cheat.... cheaaaaaattttt'

So, totally fine.

sixghost

I just lucked into a Slab, what should I finish?
Could do either:
Lightning or Fire Spear
+9 Steel Gauntlets
+9 Steel Leggings
+14 Hollow Soldier Shield
Finish a random shield and ascend to Ring Shield

What would make the biggest impact for me starting my NG+?

Zzoram

sixghost said:
Could do either:
Lightning or Fire Spear
+9 Steel Gauntlets
+9 Steel Leggings

A Titanite Slab? That's only used for +15 shield/weapons, +5 lightning, or some +10 armor. Fire uses Red Titanite Slab.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Carcetti said:
Well, that's fine of course, if you can handle the nagging voice inside your head going 'You weren't tough enough for Dark Souls so you had to cheat.... cheaaaaaattttt'

So, totally fine.
Hey, I did my tour of duty, goddamit!

EasyMode

sixghost said:
Could do either:
Lightning or Fire Spear
+9 Steel Gauntlets
+9 Steel Leggings

You'll probably want as much damage output as possible so lightning spear, IMO. Your fire spear uses a red slab so you can do both. That shield is already awesome at +14.

Yo Gotti

Banned
sixghost said:
Could do either:
Lightning or Fire Spear
+9 Steel Gauntlets
+9 Steel Leggings

Hollow Shield would probably be most worth it.

Lightning Spear would work too but, eh. There's better weapons.

Booshka

sixghost said:
Could do either:
Lightning or Fire Spear
+9 Steel Gauntlets
+9 Steel Leggings

+15 the Hollow Shield, or save it for a Lightning +5 weapon that is better than a Spear, try an Iaito, Washing Pole, something like that. You don't need a Slab to make Boss soul weapons, only need to upgrade to +10 with Shards, large and small.

sixghost

Booshka said:
+15 the Hollow Shield, or save it for a Lightning +5 weapon that is better than a Spear, try an Iaito, Washing Pole, something like that. You don't need a Slab to make Boss soul weapons, only need to upgrade to +10 with Shards, large and small.
Oh god, you're right lol. I don't know why I assumed you had to max out a weapon ascend it.

catashtrophe said:
Question

I'm in the Painted World of Ariamis and defeated Black Phantom King Jeremiah, to find and get his armour set do i need to actually fight and Kill Priscilla or can i just refuse to fight her and leave and find the set?

Also where will it be

Thanks

Quoting for help

also whats the best shield to use and upgrade? I usually switch between the Hollow soldier shield, Blood Shield and Dragon crest shield

EasyMode

Actually, ignore my advice about using the slab on the lightning spear. Not only are there other base weapons that do more damage at lightning +5, but it will be a lot more fun to use a weapon that doesn't have you poking from behind the safety of your shield.

Huh, just experienced a first.

The Hydra in Ash Lake just killed itself, somehow. When I got down there I sprinted all the way to the Stone Dragon. After resting up I trekked back the way I came. I could see the Hydra off in the distance and suddenly it was surrounded in that white light like when you actually beat it and it dies. Got two dragon scales and 10K souls for basically doing nothing. Odd.

thanks guys.

BaronLundi said:
Congratulations !

What about that pole from those titanite demon ? Please tell me it's not needed.

How did you manage to get the spells that require online interactions (especially the gravelord one) ?

I can't seem to be able to invade with the darkmoon blue eye and the gravelord thing is absolutely not working for me. Unless I'm missing something you have to kill at least two people for each eye of death you use in the hope to reach the 30 needed... Given I used 4 to absolutely no avail , I'm on the verge of giving up on the platinum.

i got the pole, but i have not farmed for it. some guides say you don't need it. leave it out until the end i'd say.

you only need to give 10 eyes of death for the trophy, not more.
patches will sell you three each playthrough and another 3 can be found in the catacombs as well.

i did some pvp for the rest of the reprisal marks. you need 10 total here too.

scy

catashtrophe said:
Quoting for help

also whats the best shield to use and upgrade? I usually switch between the Hollow soldier shield, Blood Shield and Dragon crest shield

It is
right after Priscilla, if I recall. You don't need to kill her.

As for shields, Hollow is pretty much the best all-round. Black Knight is good for Fire but you don't really need to upgrade it. Silver Knight Shield is slightly better than Hollow but it takes Twinkling to upgrade so, without using the Twinkling Titanite glitch, it's kind of not worth the upgrading.

sixghost said:
What weapons would you recommend? My strength is 16.

Claymore is arguably the best Greatsword; speed isn't too bad and swings wide on the one-hand R1. Halberd has a good moveset and range if you like it, though I'm not a fan of the poke R1. Great Scythe is another long range option and it has ridiculous range on the R2.

If you like the Spear move-set and ability to poke behind a shield, might as well upgrade to the Winged Spear or something.

sixghost

Booshka said:
Would a uchigatana work? Those other 2 would be pretty big DEX investments.

Dresden

If you have 34 or so strength, the Greatshield of Astoria is really boss. Using it on my STR-based character. 88 stability! Also looks awesome unlike the Hollow or the Eagle shield.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
catashtrophe said:
Question

Also where will it be

Thanks

It's
on the little walkway you jump off to return to Anor Londo, to your left just as you step onto it. You don't need to kill Priscilla to get it, and after you pick it up you can either jump off the plank or turn right around and ambush Priscilla.

An easy way past the Londo archers for me was to just use Hidden Body, and the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring. They won't see you until you're in their face, and you can easily fight them one at a time without ever getting shot at.

Booshka

sixghost said:
Would a uchigatana work? Those other 2 would be pretty big DEX investments.
That would work, I will also recommend the Claymore to Lightning+5 if you like the move set. I mention Katana weapons first because they have bleed damage, and you will probably be hitting enemies at least 3-4 times before they die so you can get the Bleed out bonus with Katana weapons.

Two questions:

Is there a fast travel item of any sort in this game?

Can I play co-op with someone from my friends or is it just limited to summoning the ghost of great warriors such as Xx420BubbaKushxX?

scy

I really feel like they meant for the Hollow shield to be a much later drop (like, around when the Caduceus Kite Shield is dropped, if we remove it from Andrei's store); it's kind of sad that it trumps basically every non-Greatshield in the game barring a few moments and it's a beginning of the game trash mob drop :/

Speevy

Banned
Small Mailman said:
Two questions:

Is there a fast travel item of any sort in this game?

Can I play co-op with someone from my friends or is it just limited to summoning the ghost of great warriors such as Xx420BubbaKushxX?

There is fast travel but it's not until you're about halfway through the game, and it's limited to a few select locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom