• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Septimius said:
That sucks. I dunno which is worse, it getting corrupted, or this happening.

Starting with Master's Key, I am ready to venture into the Great Hallow after having played for 1:15 - rung both bells. I've got gold hemmed, too.

You could use the Snuggly glitch and the souls glitch right from the start. Just get Master's Key and run straight to Blighttown via Valley of The Drakes. Just blitz to the Stone Dragon. Start as a pyro, and you get great poison resistance.

Maybe I will thanks, better hurry before they patch the glitch too...

def sim

Ah right

I forgot how fast you can do things with the master key. Yeah, definitely do that. It's easy to rush through the game once you know what's up.

Finalow

Insaniac said:
I use a enchanted falchion +4 and a crystal ring shield. can hit guys in Anor Londo in NG+ for 1100 damage with my shield
channeler's trident seems good too for a mage, but i think i should do an enchanted weapon.
what is a good one? I don't like the falchion. :0

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DarkoMaledictus said:
So my Dark Souls career is over... Came home, was tired... fumbled on the loading data menu and I deleted my 93 hour save game by mistake...

This is why locking save games sucks ass... No way I m starting from scratch... what a terrible fate to a great game... :*(

Edit: Miss the days of codes, cheats and hacks... now you fuck up and its all over man...
holy shit man... i'm sorry

mattp said:
havel's armor is in a bunch of chests in anor londo and you need to join the forest covenant and kill 3 people to get the fog ring

you can trade the skull lantern to snuggly for the fog ring also. if you plan to get the sunlight maggot via the chaos shortcut (which you can get EARLIER than the lantern anyway) its a preferable way to score the fog ring

tokkun

finalozzo said:
channeler's trident seems good too for a mage, but i think i should do an enchanted weapon.
what is a good one? I don't like the falchion. :0

If you are looking for a PvE weapon, spears are pretty great; low weight, low stat requirements, and tops for defensive play. Of course, you may as well just use the lightning spear rather than enchanting one.

Johnas

Question:

I went to fight the red dragon in undead burg (parish?) on the bridge. I ran up the stairs in the middle of the bridge, ran across to the other side (just opposite the stairs) then went to equip a bow. Suddenly, he's standing right next to me. I went to equip a sword again, he breathed fire on me, so I ran for it towards the end where he used to sit, lit the bonfire inside and all that, and now he's gone. Is he gone for good? I think I heard him fly away, but I'm not sure.

Also, finally beat Ornstein and Smough today. Felt great to finally move beyond that battle. Did it solo melee, too.

vilmer_

I noticed I'm getting hit a lot in pvp when I try and circle strafe around them for a backstab. They must be catching me on my side lol.

Kalnos

Banned
Zzoram said:
Master key and NG+ goes by so fast. Definitely the only gift worth choosing even if you don't use it until NG+.

apparently it's being patched in as a buyable item, so it doesn't matter!

Zzoram said:
Master key and NG+ goes by so fast. Definitely the only gift worth choosing even if you don't use it until NG+.
I wonder if the peeps that were stating that the master key was a game breaker are eating their words, seeing as it saves so much time in future playthroughs.

Zzoram

DigitalDevil said:
I wonder if the peeps that were stating that the master key was a game breaker are eating their words, seeing as it saves so much time in future playthroughs.
Being able to skip half of blighttown is so good.

anddo0 said:
I've literally been over the list 20 times now. All weapons are present (cured and true Greatsword of Artorias). My game is glitched. I've read similar post at Gamefaq as well. Sucks to see the game stuck at 97% even though I've done everything on the checklist. But it is, what it is. I'll feel a little bitter every time I see that 97%, but there's nothing I can do.

I don't think your game is glitched, I think you might be using the wrong list. I know I was... I had everything in the guide, everything in every list I ever found, including ghost blade and jagged ghost blade, until I found one that mentioned a need for the channeler's trident.
Do you have all the NPC items like Grant/Sanctus/Notched whip?
Do you have all the required rare drops (stone greatsword, stone greatshield, etc.)?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I've been hitting the PvP in the final area pretty hard tonight as a bit of a last hurrah for the current incarnation of the game before the patch hits. I'm going to miss Tranquil Walk of Peace when it's gone.

Well, not really. But it's nice to feign pre-emptive nostalgia every once in a while.

gamelova

Does anyone have a good strategy for defeating the Four Kings. I have fought this guy like 10 times now and he whoops my ass. I am using the gold hemmed armor, Queelag Fury sword +4 and Dragoncrest Shield +2, I am Soul level 51. Any good tips.

gamelova said:
Does anyone have a good strategy for defeating the Four Kings. I have fought this guy like 10 times now and he whoops my ass. I am using the gold hemmed armor, Queelag Fury sword +4 and Dragoncrest Shield +2, I am Soul level 51. Any good tips.

It's really just a DPS tank battle. Wear heavy armor, two-hand your strongest weapon and just wail on each one.

gamelova said:

Do you have Iron Flesh? It helped me a lot.

elty

The Catacomb is a hugely unbalance zone. All the path makes it hugely confusing. The trap did like no damage, but those skeleton took 5 hits to kill with a +5 divine weapon (or 3 hits from lightening spear) and give 0 soul. Those spinning wheel thing can kill me (about 25 VIT) if I got a direct hit. I died here more than Sen Fortress. So after all these death, I finally got to Pinwheel, and it died from 3 great combustion.

Anti climax!

I didn't see Patches though, where is he?

Zzoram

Version 1.04
Release Date

2nd November 2011

Changes to the effectiveness of certain spells
Magic Shield and Greater Magic Shield
Tranquil Walk of Peace
Ring of Fog
Iron Flesh

Changes to equipment balance
Magic adjust balance >for pyromancy?

Multiplayer matching condition adjustments
Coop hosts will get the full ammount of souls when defeating a boss
Cracked red eye orb will not break when it fails
Adjust the amount of time you kill a enemy acquisition Seoul >what?
Adjusting items when defeated enemy drops
Shop lineup adjustments

Undead merchant (M)
Bottomless box added
Undead merchant (F)
Normal, heavy and wooden arrows/bolts added
Andrei blacksmith
The Xena Donaru
When 火継ぎの祭祀場に移動後 is achieved the master key will be added >need condition
Giant blacksmith
Normal, heavy and feather/sniper arrows/bolts added
Titanite shard, large titanite shard, green titanite shard and twinkling titanite added
Repair box and the reinforce weapons/armor stuff added
Vamos blacksmith
Titanite shard added
Repair box and the reinforce weapons/armor stuff added
Ingward
Temporary curse added
Warriors of sunlight covenant requirements reduced (Requires 25 faith and reduced by 5 for every successful coop, required 50 faith before)
Reduced cost for absolution (Before: level × 2000, After: level × 500)
Adjusted lock on behavior
Enable modification of the case hangs >what?
Changed to level up display >to see number of souls required to level up?
Fixed infinite magic bug
Fixed input delay bug
Fixed Solaire of Astora not appearing in NG+ bug
Fixed bug regarding Kingseeker Frampt where feeding him materials can cause 99 items to go to 0 items
Fixed getting stuck in the map permanantly, ruining games
Fixed some English language translation errors >YAY!

We apologize for the long time it took to long to deliver this update which will also make current printed guides obsolete.

Some bosses will now drop "humanity" and "homeward bone"
Rare item and reinforcement materials have improved drop rate
Effect adjustment · Person may increase power by finding items >what?
* Tranquil Walk of Peace
* Ring of Fog, etc.

Better abuse the heck out of unlimited souls and invincibility while we can! Patch supposedly hits tomorrow

sixghost

Zzoram said:
Better abuse the heck out of unlimited souls and invincibility while we can! Patch supposedly hits tomorrow
You could always just not patch until you're ready, or just revert to the older version to do the glitch right?

Zzoram

Man not having the Lord Vessel in NG+ sucks, no warping :(

Not that it takes more than 5 minutes to run through each zone.

anddo0

corrosivefrost said:
I don't think your game is glitched, I think you might be using the wrong list. I know I was... I had everything in the guide, everything in every list I ever found, including ghost blade and jagged ghost blade, until I found one that mentioned a need for the channeler's trident.
Do you have all the NPC items like Grant/Sanctus/Notched whip?
Do you have all the required rare drops (stone greatsword, stone greatshield, etc.)?

I have all rare weapons, boss weapons, and all npc drops except for the Notched whip. I read that the Notched whip doesn't count though.

Zzoram

anddo0 said:
I have all rare weapons, boss weapons, and all npc drops except for the Notched whip. I read that the Notched whip doesn't count though.

Do you have all the items on your character and not in the bottomless box?

Try dropping all the items on the ground and then picking them back up.

elty

Ok I am going to translate it with my limited Japanese.

Adjust some magic
- magic shield,, great magic shield
- peace of walk (the slow effect)
- ring of fog
- iron flesh

- adjustment to elemental and stat scaling weapon

- adjustment to pyromancy flame

- adjust online matching condition

- host will receive full amount of souls in coop

- crack red orb is no longer used on a fail invasion

- adjust soul drop

- adjust item drop

- some boss will drop humanity and homeward bone

- adjustment on titanite drop rate

- adjust item discovery rate with humanity

- Undead male merchant
-- now sells bottomless box

- undead female merchant / smith Andrei / ???
-- now sell normal/heavy/wood arrow and bolts

- master key something firelink shrine

- giant smith
-- now sells normal/big/feather arrow, normal/heavy/sniper bolt
-- also sells titanite shard, large titanite shard, green titanite shard, twinkle titanite shard
-- also sells weapon box, armor box, repair box

- Vamos smith
-- now sells normal/heavy/wood arrow/bolt
-- also sells titanite shard, weapon box, armor box, repair box

- Some healer
-- added "temporary curse"
-- sunlight warrior entry adjustment, now faith + successful coop x 5 >= 25
-- abolish sin is now soul level x 500
-- adjust base equip weight
-- some change to lock on
-- change to soul level display
-- fix unlimited magic and item use
-- fix button lag
-- Fixed Solaire of Astora event in NG+
-- you will no longer lose your entire stack if you break shards with Kingseeker and ends up having more than 99 of those shards
-- some changes on English caption

ixix said:
I've been hitting the PvP in the final area pretty hard tonight as a bit of a last hurrah for the current incarnation of the game before the patch hits. I'm going to miss Tranquil Walk of Peace when it's gone.

Well, not really. But it's nice to feign pre-emptive nostalgia every once in a while.

Ive been hitting the PvP hard in blighttown. I should go unlock the kiln with my level 1 before they nerf Iron flesh... Nito and Seath are easy with it and the crystal ring.

Zzoram

Master Key will be sold by the merchant that sells boss armor under the aqueduct in Firelink Shrine, after he moves there from beating the Gaping Dragon.

Zzoram said:
Master Key will be sold by the merchant that sells boss armor under the aqueduct in Firelink Shrine, after he moves there from beating the Gaping Dragon.

Hrm. Gifts should be balanced, not made almost entirely meaningless.

About the patch, the absolve price is much more reasonable now with how easy it is to agro NPCs. I wanted to buy the Washing Pole from Shiva last night and put down the controller to get a drink only to have my R2 attack come out.

Fuck grinding for 145K souls over that.

edit: Oh no! Don't take my crutch
pyromancy
away

hteng said:
is there a community decision on pvp level ranges? maybe i should make another character before this patch hits.

It really depends. If you are on the PS3, the Japanese players like level 100 around the Kiln. American players do 100 at the kiln as well, but if you are on the Xbox it isn't as frequent. Other than that there is a lot of pvp at Anor Londo at around 50. And there is this new thing starting up with people going through as a level 1 character so you can invade wherever you want since everyone is above your level.

Insaniac

Okay, I'm calling bullshit. Are there hackers in this game or is there an invincibility exploit NOT involving Great Magic shield? I just got invaded and I threw 8 great fireballs, 2 firestorms, 16 great combustions, and 5 homing crystal soul masses at this guy, almost everything connected, and nothing did a single bit of damage. And before anyone goes off on he probably had better equipment than me, I'm a SL 145 with maxed pyromancy, tin crystalization catalyst and 57 intel. Don't tell me that wouldn't do ANY damage to him.

Insaniac said:
Okay, I'm calling bullshit. Are there hackers in this game or is there an invincibility exploit NOT involving Great Magic shield? I just got invaded and I threw 8 great fireballs, 2 firestorms, 16 great combustions, and 5 homing crystal soul masses at this guy, almost everything connected, and nothing did a single bit of damage. And before anyone goes off on he probably had better equipment than me, I'm a SL 145 with maxed pyromancy, tin crystalization catalyst and 57 intel. Don't tell me that wouldn't do ANY damage to him.

There are hackers with maxed health over 99K, same with equip load, max attunement slots (despite a low attunement), maxed stats, and stamina.

Insaniac

GodlyPerfection said:
There are hackers with maxed health over 99K, same with equip load, max attunement slots (despite a low attunement), maxed stats, and stamina.

pathetic. In any fair circumstance I would've destroyed him.

Johnas

Why can't I damage the Four Kings?

I checked the wiki and didn't see anything of note. I still have a transient curse activated from my trip down there. I can lock on, but my weapon (Quelaag's Furysword +4) just passes right through them. I tried two different kings with the same result.

Insaniac said:

are you on 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom