• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Ghost_Protocol said:
If I've fought the 4 kings and died. Do I need to wear the abyss ring on every subsequent fight?
Pretty sure you have to until you beat them, at which point it no longer matters.

Haunted

Defuser said:
Pretty sure you can't.But the anor londo blacksmith can upgrade it with a boss soul.
more like downgrade amirite

Zzoram said:
Ok wtf why is Frampt sleeping. I rang both bells AND got the Lord Vessel. He won't talk to me, he just sleeps.
Hit him.

once.

On twitter for Xbox 360... translated with Babylon:

Because it is an overseas edition, as for Xbox360 use, it is the Bandai NAMCO game-like jurisdiction not us.

Basically it sounds like it is up to NAMCO Bandai to put out the update because it is considered an overseas edition so it is under their jurisdiction. Somebody start bugging Namco.

Dresden

GodlyPerfection said:
Basically it sounds like it is up to NAMCO Bandai to put out the update because it is considered an overseas edition so it is under their jurisdiction. Somebody start bugging Namco.
I guess it'll happen December or so.

Thagomizer said:
waitin' wit mah boi Iron Tarkus ousided Iron Golem for a human Summon sign, 3 on 1 beast mode yo

Dunno about you but that boss fell on his ass for 1/2 the half. Thought it was a glitch or some shit

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zzoram said:
Ok wtf why is Frampt sleeping. I rang both bells AND got the Lord Vessel. He won't talk to me, he just sleeps.
Does anyone know why Frampt went from sleeping to pissed at me? I didn't touch him, he just left my game all passive aggressive like.

Stupid fucking Anor Londo Archers. I don't want to cheese them, but that's everyone's solution. Terrible design. They should have done something about them in the patch, like remove the right one and put a better item behind the left one.

Quote said:
Stupid fucking Anor Londo Archers. I don't want to cheese them, but that's everyone's solution. Terrible design. They should have done something about them in the patch, like remove the right one and put a better item behind the left one.
Seriously - what are the options here? I did the "huge shield rush" thing but figured there HAD to be another way.

Zeliard

Rez said:
Does anyone know why Frampt went from sleeping to pissed at me? I didn't touch him, he just left my game all passive aggressive like.

You jumped down the hole and activated the lordvessel without his permission.

Asshole did the same thing to me, haha. He's a prick. You're actually supposed to smack him in his hideous mug to wake him up.

Defuser

Quote said:
How is running to the right one and he fall off on his own account is called cheesing?Unless you're talking about poison arrowing.

Giard

Someone gimme tips for
those annoying ....skeleton dog giants
in the Tomb of Giants. They kill me so easily.

Zeliard

Banjo Tango said:
Seriously - what are the options here? I did the "huge shield rush" thing but figured there HAD to be another way.

You just move up the right side and engage the archer on the right in melee. It's quick, easy, 'legit'.

Defuser

Giard said:
Someone gimme tips for
those annoying ....skeleton dog giants
in the Tomb of Giants. They kill me so easily.
Walk slowly,once you see them,stop and lock on but they won't be attacking you.Throw a great fireball or a fire orb and you're done.

Aselith

Zeliard said:
You just move up the right side and engage the archer on the right in melee. It's quick, easy, 'legit'.

Just to add to this, you'll likely have a last arrow come at you as you move onto the ledge that the archer is on but you can just roll under it.

Giard

Defuser said:
Walk slowly,once you see them,stop and lock on but they won't be attacking you.Throw a great fireball or a fire orb and you're done.
Yeah...I killed the guy who teaches those. :p
I do have great heavy soul arrows though.. but they suck against them

Defuser said:
How is running to the right one and he fall off on his own account is called cheesing?Unless you're talking about poison arrowing.
He doesn't just fall on his own. It's a A.I. logic thing, not a clumsy archer thing.

Just like Hyrda at Ash Lake who can't get back to his starting point so the game kills him. The A.I. is really bad at paths.

Haunted

Thagomizer said:
OMG, I know it does shit damage and the range sucks, but the painting guardian sword is sooo much fun to use
Which one is that again?

Oh right, where you do the fancy moves. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard said:
You jumped down the hole and activated the lordvessel without his permission.

Asshole did the same thing to me, haha. He's a prick. You're actually supposed to smack him in his hideous mug to wake him up.
Ha, whoops. I actually tried rolling at him to wake him, which lead to finding the altar. That's great.

JVIDICAN

Thagomizer said:
OMG, I know it does shit damage and the range sucks, but the painting guardian sword is sooo much fun to use
It holds up with most of the normal swords once upgraded and has A rank scaling too. It's my favorite sword to dual wield. <3

sixghost

Haunted said:
more like downgrade amirite

Hit him.

once.
I don't think you can chase Frampt away before you place the lordvessel. I was trying to kill him when he first showed up, and I hit him about 3-4 times 2handing a +4 chaos claymore, and it did 0 damage and he said nothing.

I think he only will leave if you place the lordvessel, then hit him.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There's something about Demon's Souls that makes it less appealing to me than this game. All the little things, like the magic bar, non-rechargeable health items and the hub are just... off putting. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Aselith

Rez said:
There's something about Demon's Souls that makes it less appealing to me than this game. All the little things, like the magic bar, non-rechargeable health items and the hub are just... off putting. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

You end up having a ton of health items for most of Demon's Souls because they're usually very plentiful and plenty of merchants sell them. They actually put in the Estus Flasks to keep people from exploiting the number of the health items you were able to carry in DeSo.

Non-rechargeable health items were actually better than Estus Flasks as far as making the game less difficult.

Also, the hub is pretty much the same as Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls. It's nice to have ready access to merchants and blacksmithing services.

Defuser

Aselith said:
You end up having a ton of health items for most of Demon's Souls because they're usually very plentiful and plenty of merchants sell them. They actually put in the Estus Flasks to keep people from exploiting the number of the health items you were able to carry in DeSo.

Non-rechargeable health items were actually better than Estus Flasks as far as making the game less difficult.

Also, the hub is pretty much the same as Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls. It's nice to have ready access to merchants and blacksmithing services.
Some people think otherwise considering they have to stock up on grass again every time a boss kills them.

Grinchy

Banned
Zzoram said:
LOL that freaked me out the first time too. Just punch him right in the head. He will wake up and have some words to say, but he won't stay angry.

edit - beaten

In my first game, Frampt was sleeping so I rolled down the hole and placed the Lordvessel. When I came back later he called me a fool and then disappeared for the rest of the game.

Defuser

Air Zombie Meat said:
In my first game, Frampt was sleeping so I rolled down the hole and placed the Lordvessel. When I came back later he called me a fool and then disappeared for the rest of the game.
You probably roll on him or something. Whatever it is,he took damage when he's not sleeping.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So if the patch is live for Japanese players does that mean that we're currently cut off from playing with them? That would go a long way to explaining how much invasions seem to have slowed down for me at the moment.

Mindlog

Banjo Tango said:
Hidden Body will work. That's what I used. Just get as close as possible then great combustion.

I am guessing Fog Ring is the same

New patch means I don't have to equip Crystal Shield anymore. I will miss the awesomeness of a fully upgraded parry-capable hollow shield.

sixghost

Defuser said:
You probably roll on him or something. Whatever it is,he took damage when he's not sleeping.
I think it's because his trigger to get mad and leave is you placing the lordvessel without going through his dialogue. Which is exactly what would happen if you placed it via Kaathe.

Defuser said:

I was actually trying to wake him up by rolling into him..lol Was surprised when I dropped down the pit, survived it and found a new area. Waiting till NG+ to be able to feed him items sucked though.

sixghost said:
I think it's because his trigger to get mad and leave is you placing the lordvessel without going through his dialogue. Which is exactly what would happen if you placed it via Kaathe.

Yeah, thats what I thought too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom