• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

Defuser said:
Pretty sure you can't.But the anor londo blacksmith can upgrade it with a boss soul.

Ah, okay. The description from one of the Knight's Honor lists had me confused, thought you had to ascend a catalyst first, like you can a pyro flame, before you can fuse with a boss soul.

Going to the giant smith in Anor now.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Septimius said:
So they're non-existent on PS3?

At least for now, yes. The save editor people use only works with the 360 version.

Zzoram

Septimius said:
So they're non-existent on PS3?

PS3 save files are locked to the console and can't be transferred, on 360 they can be transferred so people abuse that to edit their save via PC

Zzoram said:
PS3 save files are locked to the console and can't be transferred, on 360 they can be transferred so people abuse that to edit their save via PC

Actually not really with Dark Souls. The save file cannot be transferred by normal means like with a USB however there is hardware created to read an Xbox harddrive that allows people to transfer in that way. So it is not as accessible as some games like Borderlands, but it does still exists with people who have the hardware to read the harddrives.

Babalu.

god painted world of artemis is soooo annoying. The fps is almost as bad as blighttown. there are no shops and no way to get out. i'm out of arrows/firebombs/humanity...

those phalanx's in the middle are like wtf, i just have to run past them now.

After hours, i've finally done and gotten everything except the undead dragon and final boss.

does anyone have any tips for undead dragon? I'm out of all range stuff and I sit behind some statue thats safe from the poison breath that he spams nonstop for like an hour.

I'm a warrior with no spells or magic. anyone know what I can do?

Johnas

Can somebody give me some Four Kings advice of some sort?

I lock on, I swing, my sword passes through them with no damage whatsoever. It's like fighting a ghost without using a transient curse.

However, the wiki mentions nothing about using or not using a transient curse. I've tried the fight with and without one.

Anybody?

Babalu. said:
god painted world of artemis is soooo annoying. The fps is almost as bad as blighttown. there are no shops and no way to get out. i'm out of arrows/firebombs/humanity...

those phalanx's in the middle are like wtf, i just have to run past them now.

After hours, i've finally done and gotten everything except the undead dragon and final boss.

does anyone have any tips for undead dragon? I'm out of all range stuff and I sit behind some statue thats safe from the poison breath that he spams nonstop for like an hour.

I'm a warrior with no spells or magic. anyone know what I can do?

The undead dragon is easy.. start approaching him head on.. when he breaths fire, sneak down to the left to the lower ledge and hit him there... when he breaths poison again, it will be down near you.. now sneak up and hit him in the face... rinse and repeat.. you can beat him calmly without getting hit once this way

Johnas said:
Can somebody give me some Four Kings advice of some sort?

I lock on, I swing, my sword passes through them with no damage whatsoever. It's like fighting a ghost without using a transient curse.

However, the wiki mentions nothing about using or not using a transient curse. I've tried the fight with and without one.

Anybody?
You are too far away from them.. the blackness of the abyss makes distance look a little off.. run closer to them and tank them one at a time... use crystal ring shield for some quick damage till the shield gets worn down.. then two hand your best weapon.

Johnas

Johnny2Bags said:
You are too far away from them.. the blackness of the abyss makes distance look a little off.. run closer to them and tank them one at a time... use crystal ring shield for some quick damage till the shield gets worn down.. then two hand your best weapon.

I swear I'm right on them, they can hit me with melee attacks just fine.

I'll give it another shot though and try running into them all the way before swinging.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Quick question - is the game region locked like Demon's Souls? I mean being able to connect online only with people with the same version of the game.

Johnas said:

I'll give it another shot though and try running into them all the way before swinging.

Also, they come in succession... so one will come out and you can hit it.. and while the other one is emerging you can't hit him yet... just the first.. etc on down the line... try pyromancy and crystal ring shield it makes it easier.. and those attacks should not miss so it will give you an answer in any case if you still believe there may be a glitch... Do you have the abysswalker ring on ? =) stupid question i know..

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Johnas said:

It helps a lot to just ram straight into them before you start swinging. They've got a lot of negative space to them and there's basically no way to accurately judge distance down there. Their swords are really long, too, so they can easily hit you long before you can hit them.

Johnas

Johnny2Bags said:
Also, they come in succession... so one will come out and you can hit it.. and while the other one is emerging you can't hit him yet... just the first.. etc on down the line... try pyromancy and crystal ring shield it makes it easier.. and those attacks should not miss so it will give you an answer in any case if you still believe there may be a glitch... Do you have the abysswalker ring on ? =) stupid question i know..

I got one hit on the first one then died! Yay!

I loved Demon's Souls, but this game is making me want to give up so much more. I'm doing pure melee (something I did during all my Demon's Souls runs) so I'm making things harder on myself in that way, but wow is this game ever frustrating me to death.

Johnas said:
I got one hit on the first one then died! Yay!

I loved Demon's Souls, but this game is making me want to give up so much more. I'm doing pure melee (something I did during all my Demon's Souls runs) so I'm making things harder on myself in that way, but wow is this game ever frustrating me to death.

my advice... is to grab the crystal ring shield for use on stubborn bosses or annoying enemies that you are sick of killing on your way to other things... Dedicate an hour or so of your gaming session to getting it... It does DOUBLE the damage of your right hand weapon whatever that might be.. and has a very long range attack... That will be good for at least one and a half kings right there... in addition to that look into iron flesh pyromancy just to augment your other skills... even if you are not a pyromancer... it will help immensly to tank these guys..

Johnas

Johnny2Bags said:
my advice... is to grab the crystal ring shield for use on stubborn bosses or annoying enemies that you are sick of killing on your way to other things... Dedicate an hour or so of your gaming session to getting it... It does DOUBLE the damage of your right hand weapon whatever that might be.. and has a very long range attack... That will be good for at least one and a half kings right there... in addition to that look into iron flesh pyromancy just to augment your other skills... even if you are not a pyromancer... it will help immensly to tank these guys..

I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks for the help.

Johnas said:
I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks for the help.

no problem.. just a couple vital things that I did in my game to make life a little easier for myself... I use the crystal ring once every run, it just helps kill things that are otherwise a headache... such as the larger sentinals in arno londo... it kills them in one hit and i don't have to dance around them for five minutes each to kill them...

In addition... to make things easier.. i upgraded a variety of weapons.. when you go to new londo it's possible to run across the bridge (without the transient curse) and jump off the ledge on your right one block in... you can then kill the darkwraiths there once you drain the place, for titanite chunks and titanite slabs... the crystal ring shield kills them in one hit each... and i was able to get alot of my "so so " weapons fully upgraded where they should be as a result... Bring alot of homeward bones tho if you choose to do this... there is a video on youtube... I also use that avalyen crossbow in dukes archives that shoots three bolts at once.. it's fully upgradeable and you can put lightning on it.. easy to finish off bosses or large annoying demons...

K' Dash

Gaf:

Y U NO TELL ME Black Knight Axe is THE weapon?!

I I'm so fucking tired, so I'm not really playing, just reading some of the descriptions for the weapons I got, then I see this Axe has a great boost on STR, I went straight to Astora and upgraded it to +5 and it does 322 + 200 physical damage, OMG!

This is my weapon of choice now
3AQmK.gif

Speevy

Banned
Okay, is there some piece of equipment that makes backstabbing easy regardless of what your opponent is doing?

Because this guy keeps doing that to me and it's getting pretty annoying.

Speevy

Banned
K' Dash said:
Gaf:

Y U NO TELL ME Black Knight Axe is THE weapon?!

I I'm so fucking tired, so I'm not really playing, just reading some of the descriptions for the weapons I got, then I see this Axe has a great boost on STR, I went straight to Astora and upgraded it to +5 and it does 322 + 200 physical damage, OMG!

This is my weapon of choice now
3AQmK.gif

Lightning Greataxe +5 does 385/392

anddo0

Zzoram said:
Do you have all the items on your character and not in the bottomless box?

Try dropping all the items on the ground and then picking them back up.

I tried dropping the items and most of them disappeared. haha!

At this point I'm not even mad. I went ahead and deleted my character. One less thing to worry about.

Dresden

Speevy said:
Lightning Greataxe +5 does 385/392
BK Gaxe has better speed, reach, and sweep though and it's just one single phys damage instead of split phys/lightning. My favorite weapon by far.

Speevy

Banned
Dresden said:
BK Gaxe has better speed, reach, and sweep though and it's just one single phys damage instead of split phys/lightning. My favorite weapon by far.

I'll probably switch to it once they patch twinkling titanite into the merchants.

Dresden said:

My favorite weapon is my epic +10 Fire Zwiehander... almost the damage of a Great Axe, with insane reach and awesome stagger from its downward chop. MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Also 24 strength to wield means I only need 16 strength and 10 dexterity to two hand it. :)

def sim

The trick to seath is to not lock on at all, stab/slash once or twice and run/roll. You'll win eventually since his patterns aren't too hard to figure out and his attacks blow.

rance said:
The trick to seath is to not lock on at all, stab/slash once or twice and run/roll. You'll win eventually since his patterns aren't too hard to figure out and his attacks blow.

That's way too much effort.
Step 1: Equip slumbering dragoncrest ring.
Step 2: Equip crimson robes or other armor with high curse resist. Add cursebite ring if you have it and feel it's necessary.
Step 3: Get up in his gut and bash him with your weapon of choice 2H until he dies, rolling out of the crystals as necessary.

In short: LESS DODGE, MORE STAB

Or, if you like magic, just set his ass on fire.

K' Dash

corrosivefrost said:
That's way too much effort.
Step 1: Equip slumbering dragoncrest ring.
Step 2: Equip crimson robes or other armor with high curse resist. Add cursebite ring if you have it and feel it's necessary.
Step 3: Get up in his gut and bash him with your weapon of choice 2H until he dies, rolling out of the crystals as necessary.

In short: LESS DODGE, MORE STAB

Or, you could equip iron flesh, butterfly shield and kill him with 5 hits, that is, if you want to take him really easy, not that he's a troublesome boss, S&O on the other hand...

GodlyPerfection said:
Does not scale, but it does a TON more damage than a weapon that scales. That may change after the patch.

Yeah, the patch that is never coming to 360 :-/

K' Dash said:
Or, you could equip iron flesh, butterfly shield and kill him with 5 hits, that is, if you want to take him really easy, not that he's a troublesome boss, S&O on the other hand...

If you're going to do that, better hurry up before the patch hits. They fixed the bug that gives the shield the spectacular damage rate. ;)

K' Dash said:

In addition to that you could wear the Antiquated Skirt which has 99 resist curse anyways AND do that like I did. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom