• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

deim0s

bob_arctor said:
Same thing happened to me more or less except I tried to save him by attacking the skeletons and the very tip of my Zweihander caught the blacksmith as well. He got pissed and came after me so I had to put him down. Sucks.

In my case, I'm hoping that it wouldn't count as a sin.

From now on I'll make sure to watch my back when I'm on my way to the NPCs. On to NG+ then. :/

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
NG+ Four Kings tips? Not sure why, but I'm nervous to tackle them. Though I breezed through them in NG.

If you are a melee character, especially if you have Combustion pryomancy spells, it shouldn't be too difficult. I used the same tactic that worked for me the first time and it worked just as well. Get in close, hit hard and fast and drink Estus. I used up all my Combustion casts first and then just hacked away after that.

Atolm

KoreanBarbecue said:
You talking first playthrough or NG+? I'm on NG+ and it seems like his hits do WAY more damage this time around, maybe even more than Iron Flesh can legitimately handle.

My best strategy on NG+ was to use the Great Shield of Artorias and switch it to the Crystal ring shield when he retreats, and a few swings of my weapon if possible.

Great Shield of Artorias is a fucking beast. It can endure a hit from Smough mace + hit from Ornstein without any problem.

Damn Maneater Mildred absolutely destroyed Quelaag!! I barely got twenty hits in (not much damage), before the good olde "You Defeated" message popped up (I'm going to miss this).

Edit: And this was in NG+.

RyanDG

MomoPufflet said:
I just got hit with tranquil walk and wanted to apologize to everyone I ever used it on.

The best defense against tranquil walk is just to tranquil walk right back!

With that said, the only people I use it against are fog ring users and Tranquil Walk users. Never use it outside of those two occasions.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
MomoPufflet said:
I just got hit with tranquil walk and wanted to apologize to everyone I ever used it on.

I used it three times when I was gathering Souvenirs of Reprisal then stopped because I felt horribly guilty about it.

Quikies83

So about warping... can you only warp to specific bonfires or is ones that you've kindled? Looks like I can only warp to about 6 different bonfires right now.

Quikies83 said:
So about warping... can you only warp to specific bonfires or is ones that you've kindled? Looks like I can only warp to about 6 different bonfires right now.

Typically covenant bonfires that you've kindled, and Firelink and Anor Londo

Kerrinck

Reading the wiki, it says that if I upgrade my weapon to lightning, it will remove stat scaling. What does this mean? Does it have something to do with the weapon requirement and how much a stat will affect its power?

Quikies83

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Typically covenant bonfires that you've kindled, and Firelink and Anor Londo
Thanks. Another question about relighting the firelink shrine bonfire.. I've invaded and killed the 3 guys using the black eye orb (forget the exact name of it) in anor londo -- what steps do I now need to take to get this flame back up?

ixix

Alright, I have now bungled Siegmeyer's questline four consecutive times. That walking onion is going to be the death of me.

FINALLY...NG+ complete. Thanks for all the advice folks. I ended up doing the following:

Orenstein's Armor
Black Knight Greataxe+5
Greatshield of Astoria/Crystal Ring Shield+5

Started off casting Iron Flesh, and then basically just spammed the hell out of the Crystal Ring Shield. I feel dirty. It was a cheap win. But oh well, screw you Gwyn.

scosher

Quikies83 said:
Thanks. Another question about relighting the firelink shrine bonfire.. I've invaded and killed the 3 guys using the black eye orb (forget the exact name of it) in anor londo -- what steps do I now need to take to get this flame back up?

You should have received a Firekeeper's Soul from Lautrec.

I hope you didn't turn this into to reinforce your estus flask cause you need this to revive Anastacia. If you have it still, just go back to her cell in Firelink and you'll get a prompt to revive her.

edit - I wonder if the patch fixed the localization and actually renamed Anastacia's soul to distinguish itself. The item description itself is already distinct, but not the name of the item.

knitoe

Gwyn is easy. You don't need iron flesh or parrying. When you first enter the room, turn left. There's a little mound with rock formation sticking up. You can use it as an obstacle which Gwyn can't go through. Just lock on , block / move around the mound in circle, let Gwyn do his sword attacks which won't reach you because of the mound, and, once he tries the grab, hit him with spell / fireball. Repeat.

And, someone previously told me you don't need Ghost Blade for the weapon trophy. Wrong, I have everything except that and no trophy.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Kerrinck said:
Reading the wiki, it says that if I upgrade my weapon to lightning, it will remove stat scaling. What does this mean? Does it have something to do with the weapon requirement and how much a stat will affect its power?

It means it won't get any bonuses based on your stats, even if it did before you upgraded to lightning. It doesn't have anything to do with the weapon requirements as far as I know, but I could be wrong.

Quikies83

scosher said:
You should have received a Firekeeper's Soul from Lautrec.

I hope you didn't turn this into to reinforce your estus flask cause you need this to revive Anastacia. If you have it still, just go back to her cell in Firelink and you'll get a prompt to revive her.

edit - I wonder if the patch fixed the localization and actually renamed Anastacia's soul to distinguish itself. The item description itself is already distinct, but not the name of the item.
Shit! I don't have that firekeeper soul any longer... I was originally told to use it by the firelink bonfire -- so I did only to receive 5 humanity and nothing else... wasted!
Can I use another firekeeper soul once I find one?

tc farks

Damn, 36 hours in and was heading over to fight the Iron Golem and boom, 3rd RROD on this bitch.

Feels bad. Definitely won't beat it in time for Skyrim now.

Quikies83 said:
Shit! I don't have that firekeeper soul any longer... I was originally told to use it by the firelink bonfire -- so I did only to receive 5 humanity and nothing else... wasted!
Can I use another firekeeper soul once I find one?

Nope, unless they're changing it, it has to be the one you got from Lautrec.

Zzoram

ixix said:
Alright, I have now bungled Siegmeyer's questline four consecutive times. That walking onion is going to be the death of me.

Just kill him before you ring the bells next time, you can get his ring that way I think.

ixix said:

Haha, I'm right there with you. I need one more Miracle (the one he gives you after Anor Londo) and screwed it up my last playthrough when some Silver Knights ended up killing him. Guh. Once more into the breach!

Varna

MarshMellow96 said:
Last boss tips anyone?

Just have to be patient. Put on your best armor that keeps you under 50% load, use the ninja ring to move as fast as possible and only strike when you have an opening... don't be greedy.
crystal homing mass, iron flesh, strong magic shield make it way to easy.. I actually used them my first time but when I saw how easy it was I stopped.... homeward bone and tried again without it

Ghost23

I'm a sorcerer level 57, and I'm still using the shield that the skeletons in Undeadburg use. Where is a good shield I can find? I'm up to Anor Londo.

knitoe

MarshMellow96 said:
Last boss tips anyone?
Repost from above:

"Gwyn is easy. You don't need iron flesh or parrying. When you first enter the room, turn left. There's a little mound with rock formation sticking up. You can use it as an obstacle which Gwyn can't go through. Just lock on , block / move around the mound in circle, let Gwyn do his sword attacks which won't reach you because of the mound, and, once he tries the grab, hit him with spell / fireball."

sleepykyo

FuzzyNorman said:
I'm a sorcerer level 57, and I'm still using the shield that the skeletons in Undeadburg use. Where is a good shield I can find? I'm up to Anor Londo.

Until the patch hits, that is actually a pretty good shield.

knitoe said:
Repost from above:

"Gwyn is easy. You don't need iron flesh or parrying. When you first enter the room, turn left. There's a little mound with rock formation sticking up. You can use it as an obstacle which Gwyn can't go through. Just lock on , block / move around the mound in circle, let Gwyn do his sword attacks which won't reach you because of the mound, and, once he tries the grab, hit him with spell / fireball."

I tried hanging around behind that. He came through it!

Nah, I can't do this.

knitoe

MarshMellow96 said:
I tried hanging around behind that. He came through it!
You are not positioning yourself correctly behind the obstacle. He may get through, but you should have enough stamia to block him since he's not on you every second. Patience and wait for his grab move to attack / heal. He's a cake once you get it down, even on NG++.

knitoe said:
You are not positioning yourself correctly behind the obstacle. He may get through, but you should have enough stamia to block him since he's not on you every second. Patience and wait for his grab move to attack / heal. He's a cake once you get it down, even on NG++.

It worked, but I fucked up late on.. I'll try it again. Thanks.

Dresden

I want an archer now.

I'll need to make it before the patch so I can glitch for 999 dragon slayer arrows. Not farming for that shit.

ixix said:

Inadvertently
killing him with Wrath of the Gods in the Izalith pit after babying his quest for hours on end was one of my bigger rage moments.
It sucks because aside from his annoying quest I like him as a character.

MomoPufflet said:
Inadvertently
killing him with Wrath of the Gods in the Izalith pit after babying his quest for hours on end was one of my bigger rage moments.
It sucks because aside from his annoying quest I like him as a character.

That last time I attempted it, he ran right in the way of my Crystal Ring Shield attack.

ixix

Yo Gotti said:
Browsing this channel and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWtgGGx5aQ&feature=channel_video_title

Oh my God this build is beast.

I had completely written off archers. I'm gonna give this a try, seeing this is giving me ideas.

That's pretty awesome, but the best part is the last fight when he ditches the bows and manages to interrupt a Crystal Magic Weapon-enhanced swing from the Moonlight Greatsword by rolling into his opponent.

Yesssssssss stray demon fuck youuuuuuuu that feels so good!

Does anybody know if the patch is fixing the snuggly bug? That's the only glitch I don't feel bad about abusing.

Also, fuck the great hollow and its nine crystal lizards. Oh, and the stupid mushrooms at the bottom that keep beating my ass.

tokkun

DigitalDevil said:
Does anybody know if the patch is fixing the snuggly bug? That's the only glitch I don't feel bad about abusing.

Yes. Stock up on Dragon Scales if you need them. Twinkling Titanite can now be obtained easily without glitching and Demon Titanite was never hard to get if you leveled up Chaos covenant.

tokkun said:
Yes. Stock up on Dragon Scales if you need them. Twinkling Titanite can now be obtained easily without glitching and Demon Titanite was never hard to get if you leveled up Chaos covenant.
What's the item that gets drain scales? I'm going to get a bunch of twinklers while I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom