• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Booshka said:
Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins
when it is drained

Or wait until the last area of the game and farm there, the drops are 100%

"Wait until the last area of the game" is kind of weird advice for anyone who wants the item right now so they can upgrade something to use right now.

Zzoram

hey_it's_that_dog said:
"Wait until the last area of the game" is kind of weird advice for anyone who wants the item right now so they can upgrade something to use right now.

The last area of the game lets you farm stones easily to prepare for NG+

TheBear

hey_it's_that_dog said:

yeah, I was kind of hoping to upgrade my lightning spear now. I ran down to New Londo once and shit myself once I saw the ghosts coming at me :(

Eusis

hey_it's_that_dog said:
You could spend hours trying to farm them with relatively little gain to show for it, or you can just roll with the punches and proceed forward with the game until it's more reasonable to actually grind them. New Londo if he has no intent on replaying, to the final area if he does.
bigjimmystyle said:
yeah, I was kind of hoping to upgrade my lightning spear now. I ran down to New Londo once and shit myself once I saw the ghosts coming at me :(
Using Transient Curse they're pussies. A bit tougher in NG+, but mostly because they can gang up on you at some points. The Darkwraiths aren't pushovers, but they're definitely easier to manage than sentinels, especially once you figure out their patterns and reliably backstab/riposte them.

vilmer_

Hey guys, just a question. I have a new backup slim that's been sitting here for a while now. If I subscribe to PS+, upload my Dark/Demon's Souls saves and copy all the contents of my phatty over to the slim will I be able to import my Dark/Demon's saves then to the slim?

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Supposedly FROM trademarked "Dark Forest" recently...

omg...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
bigjimmystyle said:

Do you like the lightning spear that much? Because there are much better weapons you could upgrade to lightning fairly easily. Farming small and large shards is easy (compared to chunks at least), and you can also buy them.

Zzoram said:
The last area of the game lets you farm stones easily to prepare for NG+

I get that and it's obviously a good idea when the time comes. I was just assuming he wasn't in that phase yet.

Wallachia

Riposte said:
Dragon Souls or Lord Souls would both make sense.

Yeah..
Lord's Souls

I like that.

Interesting about the Dark Forest thing.. maybe a VITA game or something? Reading that makes me want to go do some Forest Covenant hunting.

MMaRsu

How do i become a red invading spirit? Im always the blue one and my victims almost never drop anything good. Im doing pvp im demon ruins now at lvl 62 is that good? Or is there a better area?

Four Kings in NG+ is impossible.
I get them down to half their health max by myself. Once it's two on one I'm done.
Ok, I thought THIS time I'll do it and just to be sure I summoned two dudes and the witch. Both dudes fell down the Abyss and died, the witch didn't attack the boss.

Brave Souls

I wonder if the best medium shield will change after 1.04? My guess is the eagle shield is going to become the best overall weight/performance combo. It's only slightly worse than the hollow shield now, and since it is technically a great shield, it shouldn't get nerfed.

hey_it's_that_dog said:

With the amount of time it will take you to farm Darkwraiths and get chunks (especially slabs), depending on which order you tackled the four lord souls in, you're pretty close to the end game at that point anyway.

UFRA

Zzoram said:
What should the next game be called?

Dark Souls 2?

Darker Souls?

Darkest Souls?

How about a new twist to the game.

Light Souls

Now you play as the evil character to take over a land of good souls. Muahahahaaaaaaaa.

x3r0123 said:
dead souls
death souls
dragon souls
da souls
dick souls
dumb souls
d**** souls
and so on
Dick Souls? Sounds like an offshoot for all the heartbroken TWOP/fog ring users.

ARE YOU A DICK? DO YOU ENJOY BEING A DICK TO OTHERS? THEN YOU NEED DICK SOULS (echo, echo)

TheBear

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Do you like the lightning spear that much? Because there are much better weapons you could upgrade to lightning fairly easily. Farming small and large shards is easy (compared to chunks at least), and you can also buy them.

Wouldn't mind a Lightning Uchi. They don't require chunks? Where can I farm small shards?

UFRA

DigitalDevil said:
Dick Souls? Sounds like an offshoot for all the heartbroken TWOP/fog ring users.

ARE YOU A DICK? DO YOU ENJOY BEING A DICK TO OTHERS? THEN YOU NEED DICK SOULS (echo, echo)

"Prepare to be a dick"

x3r0123

DigitalDevil said:

:lol

lupin23rd

Backfoggen said:
Four Kings in NG+ is impossible.
I get them down to half their health max by myself. Once it's two on one I'm done.
Ok, I thought THIS time I'll do it and just to be sure I summoned two dudes and the witch. Both dudes fell down the Abyss and died, the witch didn't attack the boss.
Iron flesh with Crystal ring shield and a strong weapon in the other hand. Do it before they nerf the shield! So good.

bigjimmystyle said:
Wouldn't mind a Lightning Uchi. They don't require chunks? Where can I farm small shards?

Just buy them.
800 a pop at Andre.
Otherwise, farm large ones with green shards in blighttown swamp (leeches) and feed them to frampt.

Wallachia

MMaRsu said:
How do i become a red invading spirit? Im always the blue one and my victims almost never drop anything good. Im doing pvp im demon ruins now at lvl 62 is that good? Or is there a better area?

You need the Red Eye Orb or Cracked Red Eye Orb..

I think you are blue if you are part of Forest Covenant, or Blades of the Darkmoon Covenant..

vilmer_

vilmer_ said:
Hey guys, just a question. I have a new backup slim that's been sitting here for a while now. If I subscribe to PS+, upload my Dark/Demon's Souls saves and copy all the contents of my phatty over to the slim will I be able to import my Dark/Demon's saves then to the slim?

Anyone? I want to verify this for sure before I upgrade to PS+ :)

TheBear

corrosivefrost said:
Just buy them.
800 a pop at Andre.
Otherwise, farm large ones with green shards in blighttown swamp (leeches) and feed them to frampt.

Thanks for that. Not sure if I want to go Lightning or Quelaag Fury Sword. What's more powerful?

BigAT

Is there any real point to doing the final part of Solaire's path, aside from having him as a summon for that final boss? (Chaos Bed or whatever) It seems like a lot of work getting 30 humanity to unlock the Lost Iz shortcut just for that.

x3r0123

BigAT said:
Is there any real point to doing the final part of Solaire's path, aside from having him as a summon for that final boss? (Chaos Bed or whatever) It seems like a lot of work getting 30 humanity to unlock the Lost Iz shortcut just for that.

2 bosses vs a shortcut hmmmm

vilmer_ said:
Perfect! Thank you kind Human.
np

Wallachia said:
Old Souls:
The Adventures of Seath and Gwyn

No no, that's the Saturday morning tie-in cartoon. Gwyn's the straight-laced one with control issues and a heart of gold, Seath's the smart one who's funny and crazy. Tune in at 10 AM EST to see what wacky adventures in Anor Lando they get into this week!

Eusis

BigAT said:
Farm baby skeletons in Tomb of the Giants and it's not so bad. I've had a ridiculous surplus afterwards actually.

tokkun

Tips on cutting off Priscilla's tail? I've suicided 5 times in a row because she was near death without the tail coming off.

I started out trying with my lighting Iaito, but it was doing too much damage and only giving me about 5 hits after making her visible. So I swapped to an unupgraded longsword, did about 30 hits and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom