• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccocid

Kiled the bitch!
After dogs its easy yah. Going up to stairs, using firebombs etc jump down climb back etc.
Now i should get some souls and arrows for the Dragon tail to get Drake sword

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Any tips for beating Ornstein and Smough?

I'm getting really frustrated. I'm pretty much out of humanity because I'm trying to recruit people, but I'm getting invaded every time and they're using that fog ring. Also for some reason they're pretty much one shotting me. Aren't they supposed to be around my level?

Am I too low level for these guys? I'm currently @ 62 and here's my focus:
Vit 20
End 22
Str 31
Dex 25

I have the lightning spear +3 and I'm using Knight Shield +5. I have the Crystal Ring Shield but it's not doing the damage everyone else is saying it should do.

Also I'm trying to search for Titanite chunks to upgrade my spear to +4, but farming seems to be in a later area with the exception of the 2 gold knights before I face those two, but it's apparently a rare drop. Is there anywhere else to farm?

What the hell?

I spend 15 minutes looking for a dude in Dark Anor Londo. I finally find him and see that there is a blue phantom nearby and I'm thinking "this is gonna be a piece of cake."

I get s few hits in and I'm waiting for this guy to help me finish him off but he doesn't do shit. I get hit with two frontal back stabs and go down. As usual the winner bows but then that asshole who was supposed to be helping me out busted out a cheer lol

Zzoram said:
New Londo ruins and the catacombs are supposed to be done after Anor Londo.

What are your stats? You will want to switch to an upgraded weapon. The drake sword gets outdated around Anor Londo.

Catacombs is debatable. You can do that whenever you damn well please. Especially considering the game has an encounter with Patches for you to deal with if you go before the maiden and her guard make their journey. :)

Tomb of the Giants, however... yeah, that's useless.
And without killing Ingward, New Londo can't be completed without the lordvessel in your possession.

Zzoram

There is no point in completing the catacombs before Anor Londo since you can't finish tomb of the giants after, and back tracking out sucks.

tha_devil

FFs. finally got to the end of new londo ruins. I come to end, descend the spiral case, jump in to the black. DEAD.

Now i read. i need the ring from sif, i thought he was optional. Allready tried to beat him before but failed. Maybe now i can do it with my pyromancy.

54-46!

RiccochetJ said:
Lightning spear on Smough and Quelaag Fury Sword on Ornstein, try to use the pillars on the sides of the room to seperate them.

Level 62 is actually pretty high at that point in the game, I think most are around 40-50.

Finalow

tha_devil said:
FFs. finally got to the end of new londo ruins. I come to end, descend the spiral case, jump in to the black. DEAD.

Now i read. i need the ring from sif, i thought he was optional. Allready tried to beat him before but failed. Maybe now i can do it with my pyromancy.
use iron flesh against them.

tha_devil said:

you can. he is one of the easiest bosses in the game :(

Wallachia

toasty_T said:
What the hell?

I spend 15 minutes looking for a dude in Dark Anor Londo. I finally find him and see that there is a blue phantom nearby and I'm thinking "this is gonna be a piece of cake."

I get s few hits in and I'm waiting for this guy to help me finish him off but he doesn't do shit. I get hit with two frontal back stabs and go down. As usual the winner bows but then that asshole who was supposed to be helping me out busted out a cheer lol

That's fucked up.. the cheer.. Hey, what do you mean 'Dark' Anr Londo?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
54-46! said:
Lightning spear on Smough and Quelaag Fury Sword on Ornstein, try to use the pillars on the sides of the room to seperate them.

Level 62 is actually pretty high at that point in the game, I think most are around 40-50.
Haha! Well shit.

sixghost

Do you guys think it's worth it to build a character around the Grant for the coming patch? That thing seems like it could be awesome for a Faith build when the scaling changes to STR-B/FAI-A
RiccochetJ said:

I'm getting really frustrated. I'm pretty much out of humanity because I'm trying to recruit people, but I'm getting invaded every time and they're using that fog ring. Also for some reason they're pretty much one shotting me. Aren't they supposed to be around my level?

Am I too low level for these guys? I'm currently @ 62 and here's my focus:
Vit 20
End 22
Str 31
Dex 25

I have the lightning spear +3 and I'm using Knight Shield +5. I have the Crystal Ring Shield but it's not doing the damage everyone else is saying it should do.

Also I'm trying to search for Titanite chunks to upgrade my spear to +4, but farming seems to be in a later area with the exception of the 2 gold knights before I face those two, but it's apparently a rare drop. Is there anywhere else to farm?
Sorry to be the messenger for this bad news, but I think you've wasted a lot of your levels on STR and DEX. Those are really only useful up to the min.reqs of the weapon/shield you would like to use, especially considering the fact that you're using a lightning weapon and a non-greatshield.

You are probably going to have a very tough time winning that fight, since Ornstein is strong against lightning, and so both of them are strong to it once you kill the first one. Your best chance is to just constantly back to while keeping locked on to Ornstein and get a few shots in whenever you can. It's going to take a long time. Once he's dead, Smough is very doable once you learn his patterns.

Charging attack: keep backing up while blocking, then roll once he starts to swing
Jumping Hammer: Very very easy to dodge, just roll before it lands, you'll have a few free hits after this
Horizontal Swipe: Easy to dodge, just back up out of its range, then sprint in for a hit after he whiffs, dodge it with a forward roll if you're adventurous. Sometimes he will swing a second time, but you can avoid this is you are right on top of him.
Jumping Electric Buttstomp: this is what you need to be watching out for. This is just an AoE electric attack that will do quite a bit of damage if you block it, and a fucking ton if you don't. Don't get greedy with your attacks and the second you see electricity forming around his base, disengage your lock-on and either sprint away, or just roll backwards as quickly and as many times as you can.

You can very easily beat Smough without getting touched once you learn his attacks, but giant Ornstein is ridiculous, I've never managed to beat him once.

Just take it slow when it's 2v1, and always keep your eye on Ornstein or he'll kill you with his flying attacks. That fight seems impossible at first, but you'll get it.

Wallachia

Eccocid said:
No its Nat 2.
I had few online sessions at around bell gargoyles. Helped to some guys and summoned 2 ppl for my own fight. But then it became ghost town. Cant find any ppl to help me with Capra demon. And i put stone at gargoyles again and no one summoned me.

Oh that is good. But then the prob may be your Soul Level vs what location you are in. And still the online component in the game isn't 100%, so sometimes it can take 4-5 minutes to get a summon. Invasions are even more rare, to me..

tha_devil

Augemitbutter said:
you can. he is one of the easiest bosses in the game :(
I tried beat him early in the game, now it should be no problem. Il know in 30 seconds :D

Wow that was easy, 4 great chaos fireball and dead.

54-46!

RiccochetJ said:
Haha! Well shit.
10-20 levels back and forth isn't really all that much, the souls you spent on upping your stats I probably spent on equipment. When I reached those two I had +5 Lightning Iato / +5 Fury Sword / +5 Silver Knight Shield etc.

It evens out.

Zzoram said:
There is no point in completing the catacombs before Anor Londo since you can't finish tomb of the giants after, and back tracking out sucks.

Sure there is. Gravelord Sword is on par with the Drake Sword for early game, you can join Nito's covenant and have access to screwing with people in a lot of areas, and you get the rite of kindling, which will help players who aren't farming drops by allowing them to get 1.5 or 2 times the normal amount of flasks they're used to having. Oh yeah, and early game fire weapons? Hell yes.

Eccocid

Wallachia said:
Oh that is good. But then the prob may be your Soul Level vs what location you are in. And still the online component in the game isn't 100%, so sometimes it can take 4-5 minutes to get a summon. Invasions are even more rare, to me..

I spent few hours in human form today but didn't get any invasions. Probably my SL is still low and ppl don't wanna invade till they get stronger and have better gear :/

Can I hire a bodyguard from NeoGAF? I'm chilling in Anor Lando and I keep getting invaded, often by the same people. I'd like to private chat or something for like 15 minutes while I wait for my friend to arrive. I'll give you any boss soul you want in exchange (minus quelaag/gwyn/moonlight butterfly).

SL71, Servants of Chaos.

(ps, i'm still secret hunting and I found some interesting things...
namely involving Kaathe, it might be possible to kill him...
)
(pss, XBL plz)

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Wallachia said:
That's fucked up.. the cheer.. Hey, what do you mean 'Dark' Anr Londo?

Kill Gwynevere and Anor Londo will go dark. If you're in human form members of the Blades of the Darkmoon will be summoned to attack you if they're wearing the Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring. Unlike typical invasions their arrival isn't announced and there can be three of them at once. Because of all that, and because you don't need to kill Gwyndolin to beat the game, it's a major PvP hotspot.

tha_devil

Any tips for the battle against the four kings? My great chaos fireball didnt seem to do any damage. Got the lifemeter down to around 25 percent.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
sixghost said:
*snip*
Sorry to be the messenger for this bad news, but I think you've wasted a lot of your levels on STR and DEX. Those are really only useful up to the min.reqs of the weapon/shield you would like to use, especially considering the fact that you're using a lightning weapon and a non-greatshield.
*snip*

:( I loved strength, dex, and end in Demon's Souls. However, this is exactly what I went through with DS. My first char doesn't have a good build as I figure things out. Should I reroll? I'm pretty sure it will take me a quarter of the time to get back where I am now :)

54-46! said:
10-20 levels back and forth isn't really all that much, the souls you spent on upping your stats I probably spent on equipment. When I reached those two I had +5 Lightning Iato / +5 Fury Sword / +5 Silver Knight Shield etc.

It evens out.
Where are you finding the mats for that? Looking at the wiki everyone is extolling the virtues of farming areas I haven't been to yet.

ixix

sixghost said:
Do you guys think it's worth it to build a character around the Grant for the coming patch? That thing seems like it could be awesome for a Faith build when the scaling changes to STR-B/FAI-A

I'm pondering starting up a Faith build, and I was thinking about going for Grant, but the stat requirements on it are a bit onerous. I'd be a lot more charitably inclined toward it if it were 30/50 Str/Fai instead of the other way around. 50 is a lot of stat points to be pumping into Strength without a lot of benefit beyond just being able to swing the damn thing.

If I were doing a Grant build I imagine I'd stop at 34 Strength to be able to use it two-handed, and just use the Grass Crest Shield slung across my back for the stamina regen. Then take Faith as high as it'll go, both for Miracle access and to boost Grant's damage.

gamelova

Ghost_Protocol said:
It's kind of incredible how good the voice acting is in this game.
Hell yea it is. The voice acting in this game is so damn good. I was pleasantly surprised considering Demons Souls had bad voice acting. The voice acting in Dark Souls is amazing and adds well to the atmosphere. It fits so well with the world that the characters live in. Queelana of Izalith in particular has amazing voice acting.

ixix

RiccochetJ said:
:( I loved strength, dex, and end in Demon's Souls. However, this is exactly what I went through with DS. My first char doesn't have a good build as I figure things out. Should I reroll? I'm pretty sure it will take me a quarter of the time to get back where I am now :)

I wouldn't really worry about it. My first Dark Souls character is, in retrospect, an utter disaster. Pure Dex-focused bow-and-melee warrior, which is honestly probably one of the worst builds you could hope to put together unless you're actively trying to handicap yourself with something completely insane like an "All Resistance all the time" build. I made it to the end of the game okay, and used the lessons learned to make a vastly superior second character.

If you think you'd enjoy the game more overall by making a new character then go for it. I don't think your character's really particularly gimped, especially since on 1.03 you can branch out to Crystal Ring Shield and Pyromancy and have two quite potent additional damage sources regardless of build. If you start working on taking your Endurance to 40 to cap your Stamina, start pumping Vitality, and upgrade your Pyromancy Flame you'll have a perfectly serviceable character capable of selecting from a wide variety of equipment. Nothing wrong with running a bit of a Renaissance character your first time through, really. It lets you try out a wide variety of options so you know what you want to focus on with later characters.

Strife91

Zzoram said:
New Londo ruins and the catacombs are supposed to be done after Anor Londo.

What are your stats? You will want to switch to an upgraded weapon. The drake sword gets outdated around Anor Londo.

VIT 20
ATT 14
END 28
STR 19
DEX 18
RES 10
INT 9
FAI 18

I'm thinking about switching to Black Knight Sword.

sixghost

To to guy stuck on S&O, sorry if I made it seem bleak. My first character was a fucking mess too. I had 40 points in DEX before realizing lightning knife would outdamage my +10 or 11 bandit knife, ended up wasting like 28 points in DEX, but I shifted towards pyromancy to get me through the bosses. Maybe you could pull the same sort of thing. An upgraded pyro glove with some of the higher level fireballs fucking destroy him.
ixix said:
I'm pondering starting up a Faith build, and I was thinking about going for Grant, but the stat requirements on it are a bit onerous. I'd be a lot more charitably inclined toward it if it were 30/50 Str/Fai instead of the other way around. 50 is a lot of stat points to be pumping into Strength without a lot of benefit beyond just being able to swing the damn thing.

If I were doing a Grant build I imagine I'd stop at 34 Strength to be able to use it two-handed, and just use the Grass Crest Shield slung across my back for the stamina regen. Then take Faith as high as it'll go, both for Miracle access and to boost Grant's damage.
That's exactly what I was trying to plan out in excel right now.

Starting with a Cleric you could get to
VIT 36
STR 34
END 40
FAI 50
ATT 19
at SL124

Scaling both at B with 34 STR and A with 50 faith could be pretty awesome.

When joining the
Gravelord Servants, is anyone else getting these weird texturing errors? Lots of the bones around Nito's feet are pink and lime green and it really ruins the mystique.

Booshka

Just did some perfect griefing in the Catacombs. My friend and I have been organizing co-op sessions throughout most of our playthroughs and he summoned me into his game in the Catacombs. We were moving through the level when we get invaded, my friend had the genius idea to grief him with the rotating bridges. So my friend goes to the lever where Patches was and I play bait. The guy runs across the bridge toward me and my friend is late on switching it over, so he has to turn it back for me. I then run back over the bridge, the invader gives chase, and you can imagine what happens next. Absolutely amazing. I had to go all the way down near the pinwheel skeletons to get his Humanity, totally worth it.

Thagomizer said:
When joining the
Gravelord Servants, is anyone else getting these weird texturing errors? Lots of the bones around Nito's feet are pink and lime green and it really ruins the mystique.
not a good sign

sixghost

Another Grant related question:

Would I be able to get the Grant by going through the Catacombs/TotG before placing the lordvessel? Paladin Leeroy invades you pretty close to Nito, and I'm not exactly sure where the Orange fog door is down there.

ixix

sixghost said:
That's exactly what I was trying to plan out in excel right now.

Starting with a Cleric you could get to
VIT 36
STR 34
END 40
FAI 50
ATT 19
at SL124

Scaling both at B with 34 STR and A with 50 faith could be pretty awesome.

I'd probably aim for something along these lines too. The main thing putting me off of Grant still is the weight. At 40 Endurance with Grant equipped even if you're otherwise standing around naked you're already comfortably above the 25% equip burden threshold. I'd probably be sorely tempted to abandon anything resembling subtlety and just equip gear all the way up to my equip burden, get Poise as high as humanly possible and just crush anything in my way. Using healing miracles or Sanctus to recover the inevitable damage taken is viable for PvE, and in PvP you'd basically just be counting on smashy-smashying them before they can take you out.

You'd have to learn to love the slow-motion run and the flop-roll, but oh well. Sacrifices to make.

Booshka said:
Just did some perfect griefing in the Catacombs. My friend and I have been organizing co-op sessions throughout most of our playthroughs and he summoned me into his game in the Catacombs. We were moving through the level when we get invaded, my friend had the genius idea to grief him with the rotating bridges. So my friend goes to the lever where Patches was and I play bait. The guy runs across the bridge toward me and my friend is late on switching it over, so he has to turn it back for me. I then run back over the bridge, the invader gives chase, and you can imagine what happens next. Absolutely amazing. I had to go all the way down near the pinwheel skeletons to get his Humanity, totally worth it.

You Patches'd the poor guy.

Wow, I just realized that
the Bed of Chaos almost reached the Kiln of the First Flame. I just made the connection between all those roots at the Lordvessel alter just now.

Also, that's the only spot I've seen that error.

Ghost23

Where can I get titanite chunks? I need two more for the lightning spear in Anor London.

Second question, where do I go after Anor Londo? I already completed catacombs

sixghost

ixix said:
I'd probably aim for something along these lines too. The main thing putting me off of Grant still is the weight. At 40 Endurance with Grant equipped even if you're otherwise standing around naked you're already comfortably above the 25% equip burden threshold. I'd probably be sorely tempted to abandon anything resembling subtlety and just equip gear all the way up to my equip burden, get Poise as high as humanly possible and just crush anything in my way. Using healing miracles or Sanctus to recover the inevitable damage taken is viable for PvE, and in PvP you'd basically just be counting on smashy-smashying them before they can take you out.

You'd have to learn to love the slow-motion run and the flop-roll, but oh well. Sacrifices to make.

You Patches'd the poor guy.
40 end with havel's and lautrec's would keep you under 50% with grant/grass crest shield and give you 35.8 left for your armor. Steel set with Mask of the Mother weights something like 31 or 32 for reference. If you don't mind giving up both of your rings to encumbrance stuff, you can do it.

Instro

FuzzyNorman said:
Where can I get titanite chunks? I need two more for the lightning spear in Anor London.

Second question, where do I go after Anor Londo? I already completed catacombs
You have a couple choices after Anor Londo.
Catacombs-ToG, Demon Ruins-Lost Izalith, New Londo Ruins(you will need to completely clear Darkroot to get very far in here), and another place that I havent gotten to yet. It's up to you really.

As for chunks, I think they are dropped by the giants just before the Smough battle, but pointless to farm becuase the drop is super rare. They are also dropped by the dark knight dudes in New Londo iirc. From what I've heard though there's a place late in the game where the enemies have 100% chance to drop a chunk of any kind.

Septimius

RyanDG said:
To be fair though - if you aren't looking at staying under 120 for PVP purposes - once you get your stats up to level 40-50 ish in other categories, resistance can provide a solid bit of bang for your buck. Considering the character is 181 and has Dex/Str/End/Vit all at the 40-50 levels, packing some points in resistance isn't a bad idea at all.

Anything under SL 120 though I do agree with you, resistance's benefits are negligible compared to where you could be putting stats.

Not really. 50 in resistance provides something like 20 more resistances. That's 10 damage per hit. Is that worth 40 levels? Two levels in VIT is better than 40 levels in RES, aside from poison resistance.

sleepykyo said:
Really wish From would stop being so intent on everything being lethal. Kind of silly that the difference between a tank build and all round is only a single hit and having stat that is virtually useless in majority of situations.

The problem isn't really that it's useless in majority of situations. It's just plain useless. You get half a resistance per level, anyway, and this adds another half for the first levels. That's 0.25 damage per hit.

ixix

sixghost said:
40 end with havel's and lautrec's would keep you under 50% with grant/grass crest shield and give you 35.8 left for your armor. Steel set with Mask of the Mother weights something like 31 or 32 for reference. If you don't mind giving up both of your rings to encumbrance stuff, you can do it.

I'm pretty loath to give up my ring slots. I'm not totally averse to the Ring of Favor and Protection even if I'm not fond of the lack of flexibility it causes, but needing Havel's Ring full-time grates on me. I'm sort of leaning towards a <25% base equip burden build for my Faith character to eliminate the need for the Dark Wood Grain Ring, so much do I value my ring slots. I was thinking of starting as a Cleric, never touching Strength, Intelligence to 18, Faith to 50, with the Barbed Straight Sword, Parrying Dagger, a talisman, the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst, and the Black Cleric armor. As much Endurance as necessary to equip all that and be below 25% equip weight, all the rest into Vitality. Full movement speed, two free ring slots.

It's a pretty out-there build, but I think it's viable.

sixghost said:
Another Grant related question:

Would I be able to get the Grant by going through the Catacombs/TotG before placing the lordvessel? Paladin Leeroy invades you pretty close to Nito, and I'm not exactly sure where the Orange fog door is down there.

Based on what I know of where the fog door is, leeroy spawns down the path straight where you go right to reach Nito. So in theory, yes. But the problem becomes "where does the actual 'trigger' happen?" I swear I've had it after I've taken the right down the tunnel to Nito both times.

Can someone else vouch for Leeroy spawning before you go down the tunnel blocked by the yellow fog?

Septimius

ixix said:
I'm pretty loath to give up my ring slots. I'm not totally averse to the Ring of Favor and Protection even if I'm not fond of the lack of flexibility it causes, but needing Havel's Ring full-time grates on me. I'm sort of leaning towards a <25% base equip burden build for my Faith character to eliminate the need for the Dark Wood Grain Ring, so much do I value my ring slots. I was thinking of starting as a Cleric, never touching Strength, Intelligence to 18, Faith to 50, with the Barbed Straight Sword, Parrying Dagger, a talisman, the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst, and the Black Cleric armor. As much Endurance as necessary to equip all that and be below 25% equip weight, all the rest into Vitality. Full movement speed, two free ring slots.

It's a pretty out-there build, but I think it's viable.

The last days, I've just taken on whatever I feel looks best and said fuck it to the resistances. Having <25% gave me 300 phy def and probably 250 mag etc. I look fantastic, and I think I can't get above 400. The ONLY thing worth it with heavy armor is Poise. Greatsword of Artorias is a motherfucker in PvP because it can stunlock you and kill you with one hit. Bah.

Really, resistances are useless, anyway. I wish Mask of the mother wasn't that useful. Not that I've been wearing it lately.

Really, in PvP, looks matter more than gear, is my latest philosophy. To have good Poise, you need near full Havel's anyway, and that's not happening. Dark Wood is a good ring, but having <25% and some ring for your build is better. For a melee, maybe. But lately I've gone the parry route, and Hornet's ring is better.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
alright guys I finally defeated Smough so now where do I go now? Also, whats the benefit of joining Gwynevere's covenant?

sixghost

Verano said:
alright guys I finally defeated Smough so now where do I go now? Also, whats the benefit of joining Gwynevere's covenant?
Either Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, New Londo Ruins, or Lost Izalith.

Joining Gwynevere's covenent is virtually useless. All it does it let you use an AoE healing spell, which isn't bad, but there are better covenants to join.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
sixghost said:
Either Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, New Londo Ruins, or Lost Izalith.

Joining Gwynevere's covenent is virtually useless. All it does it let you use an AoE healing spell, which isn't bad, but there are better covenants to join.

I need directions to get to Dukes archives and Lost izalith. Never been there. I've been to TotG and got my ass royally kicked by those skeleton dogs.

Might as well get the spell for the fuck of it.

sixghost

Verano said:
I need directions to get to Dukes archives and Lost izalith. Never been there. I've been to TotG and got my ass royally kicked by those skeleton dogs.

Might as well get the spell for the fuck of it.
When you are at the top of the stairs that bring you down to the bonfire room in Anor Londo, there are going to be 3 paths, one is the elevator that you used to start Anor Londo, one will be the path that you took after first arriving in Anor Londo, and the 3rd will be the one that leads to Duke's. Just find the building with the Smough statue in it if you need a landmark. keep heading up that way and you'll get there.

TP

I just spent about half an hour trying to cut off Priscilla's tail with swords, axes, and pyromancy and a roll with Kirk's armor gets the job done.

lol

Tips for anyone else trying for it

A 3 hit combo with the Quelagg Furysword got her to show up every time
Did too much damage? Don't suicide, start->options->quit game. You'll spawn right outside the fog door.
Messed up and killed her anyway? Turn off your system before the game saves, you'll have plenty of time to react but this may fuck up your save I dunno.

ixix

corrosivefrost said:
Based on what I know of where the fog door is, leeroy spawns down the path straight where you go right to reach Nito. So in theory, yes. But the problem becomes "where does the actual 'trigger' happen?" I swear I've had it after I've taken the right down the tunnel to Nito both times.

Can someone else vouch for Leeroy spawning before you go down the tunnel blocked by the yellow fog?

I've never been to the bottom with the fog still there so I'm not entirely sure where it is, but Leeroy can spawn as soon as you're on the narrow walkway on the cliff face overlooking Ash Lake. I was just standing there admiring the scenery when he spawned and jumped me. If the fog door is the small cave entrance after that point then yeah, you can fight Leeroy pre-Anor Londo.

Septimius said:
The last days, I've just taken on whatever I feel looks best and said fuck it to the resistances. Having <25% gave me 300 phy def and probably 250 mag etc. I look fantastic, and I think I can't get above 400. The ONLY thing worth it with heavy armor is Poise. Greatsword of Artorias is a motherfucker in PvP because it can stunlock you and kill you with one hit. Bah.

Really, resistances are useless, anyway. I wish Mask of the mother wasn't that useful. Not that I've been wearing it lately.

Really, in PvP, looks matter more than gear, is my latest philosophy. To have good Poise, you need near full Havel's anyway, and that's not happening. Dark Wood is a good ring, but having <25% and some ring for your build is better. For a melee, maybe. But lately I've gone the parry route, and Hornet's ring is better.

This is the conclusion I'm reaching too, hence my selection of the Black Cleric gear. My basic train of thought was that, hey, Oswald looks awesome wearing it and dual-wielding, I could look awesome wearing it and dual-wielding. And then on top of dual-wielding weapons you throw in dual-wielding Miracles and Sorcery and, wow, double the awesome.

Anymore in PvP I basically never use my shield anyways and just try to dodge everything, so I'll never even miss it. And if I'm wearing little enough armor that I'm full speed without the Dark Wood Grain Ring then I get my ring slot back. Sounds like a win-win.

Only thing I'm wondering is just how much better the Parrying Dagger is for parrying than, say, the standard Dagger. Going Parrying Dagger means 14 Dex is needed, regular Dagger I could use with the 10 Dex I'll need for the Barbed Straight Sword. That's 4 whole stat points saved right there.

Eccocid

First few minutes in the Depths.....
I have terrible sense of direction :/
Also this area reminds Swamp from DeS ;_;
Also giant enemy rat ;_;

sixghost

ixix said:
I've never been to the bottom with the fog still there so I'm not entirely sure where it is, but Leeroy can spawn as soon as you're on the narrow walkway on the cliff face overlooking Ash Lake. I was just standing there admiring the scenery when he spawned and jumped me. If the fog door is the small cave entrance after that point then yeah, you can fight Leeroy pre-Anor Londo.

This is the conclusion I'm reaching too, hence my selection of the Black Cleric gear. My basic train of thought was that, hey, Oswald looks awesome wearing it and dual-wielding, I could look awesome wearing it and dual-wielding. And then on top of dual-wielding weapons you throw in dual-wielding Miracles and Sorcery and, wow, double the awesome.

Anymore in PvP I basically never use my shield anyways and just try to dodge everything, so I'll never even miss it. And if I'm wearing little enough armor that I'm full speed without the Dark Wood Grain Ring then I get my ring slot back. Sounds like a win-win.

Only thing I'm wondering is just how much better the Parrying Dagger is for parrying than, say, the standard Dagger. Going Parrying Dagger means 14 Dex is needed, regular Dagger I could use with the 10 Dex I'll need for the Barbed Straight Sword. That's 4 whole stat points saved right there.
Can you even parry with an offhand dagger? I thought that was the point of the parrying dagger, a special weapon that you can both attack with and parry while in your offhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom