• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
Took out Sif and Moonlight Butterfly without any issues (the latter being really, really easy). Joined the Forest Hunters and got enough kills for the Fog Ring.

Finally decided it was time to go to the Catacombs, so I made it to Nito and joined his covenant for the trophy, then I took out Pinwheel.

Made it a little bit into the Tomb of Giants, but man that level sucks. I'm not going to enjoy going through that one bit, I feel.

For New Londo Ruins, what do I need to attack ghosts? A magic weapon?

johntown

Banned
Soulhouf said:
That's the BIG difference between western and Japanese players. A Japanese player will always bows before beginning fight.
Most of the western players will not give a shit to that and will exploit any weakness (including attacking you while you are spawning or bowing).
Yeah and that makes it really hard to prepare for PVP because you don't know if you are going to be fighting someone who uses cheap tactics to win or not.

Another issue is with the global servers. I fought some guy in China and he got a backstab because of the lag. He was right in front of me and then in an instant I was backstabed. I wish there was a way to set your region for PVP or select certain regions.

johntown

Banned
Ourobolus said:
For New Londo Ruins, what do I need to attack ghosts? A magic weapon?
You need a cursed weapon or you need to be cursed.

The best method is to use Transient Curse which can be dropped by the ghosts and you can get some from corpses in jars before fighting the ghosts. You can buy 3 of them from the Undead Female Merchant for 4000 souls.

maomaoIYP

Defuser said:
My god, Bamco is so damn incompentant. How long does it take to roll out a damn patch? I really don't want to farm those souvenirs of reprisals and online PvP is a failure.
I farmed souvenirs of reprisals real quick, got 10 in 2 hrs. I used the orb just outside of the door to O&S.

PvP works, mostly. The problem with blade of the darkmoon is that the requirements to get summoned are just a little too tight. I'm doing darkwraith PvP now, and there's plenty of action.

Defuser

maomaoIYP said:
I farmed souvenirs of reprisals real quick, got 10 in 2 hrs. I used the orb just outside of the door to O&S.

PvP works, mostly. The problem with blade of the darkmoon is that the requirements to get summoned are just a little too tight. I'm doing darkwraith PvP now, and there's plenty of action.
I tried Dark wraith but it's a failure too. This sucks balls.

MMaRsu

Defuser said:
My god, Bamco is so damn incompentant. How long does it take to roll out a damn patch? I really don't want to farm those souvenirs of reprisals and online PvP is a failure.

How is online pvp a failure? Yes it SHIT, but it does work and when it does its fucking glorious.

Go to Demon Ruins and use the blue signstone. I killed about 10 guys last night, and on one go this guy had two phantoms helping him, hahahaha I dispatched all of them NICE

Zzoram

I really enjoy the PvP myself.

I've very rarely encountered Fog Ring users oddly enough. Maybe it's because I never PvP in the forest. Most PvP I've seen is melee with a bit of homing soul mass or fireball.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I've been wondering, do enemies in the game scale with your level, at least in terms of AI and damage output (not HP)?

I was watching that 1hr 20 speedrun and during the fight with Quelaag the player's naked, 2h wielding char eats one of her big shockwave blasts and takes a relatively tiny amount of damage.
See here:
Blast goes off at exactly 4:30

Now having been one-shotted by this through a shield... what's going on? I see he moves in as close as he can as it happens (maybe a safe spot?) but either way I'm very surprised by how well he weathers a huge attack.

Zzoram

Clear said:
I've been wondering, do enemies in the game scale with your level, at least in terms of AI and damage output (not HP)?

I was watching that 1hr 20 speedrun and during the fight with Quelaag the player's naked, 2h wielding char eats one of her big shockwave blasts and takes a relatively tiny amount of damage.
See here:
Blast goes off at exactly 4:30

Now having been one-shotted by this through a shield... what's going on?

I think it's where he was standing, he mostly dodged the shot as he was under it and off to the side, nestled against Quelaag's body.

Normal enemies definitely do not scale. Bosses I'm not sure, it's possible they scale slightly but I doubt it because some bosses are clearly easier when you're a high level.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Zzoram said:
I think it's where he was standing, he mostly dodged the shot as he was under it and off to the side, nestled against Quelaag's body.

I guess so... beat my rapid edit with your post!

johntown

Banned
maomaoIYP said:

I had mixed results with the Orb. The majority of the time it did not work. If you have paitence the easiest way is to use the blue orb right before the fog gate for the Iron Golem in Sen's Fortress. Most people will die before they make it to you (you get the Souvenir no matter how they die). If they do make it you can take them out on the narrow walkway easily. Cheap yeah but it is easy but it may take time for the orb to find someone in human form.

I found the ring to get summoned works much better but if you look on the previous page you can see the issues with this and there are usually really high level players there too.

Yeah, using the Red Eye Orb (not cracked one) is the best PVP action in Dark Souls.

maomaoIYP

Defuser said:
I tried Dark wraith but it's a failure too. This sucks balls.
Are you trying at the "hot areas"? Normally the places that you can easily players in the human form are the ones that have NPC dark phantom invasions, or bosses that most players will have problems with.

Defuser

maomaoIYP said:
Are you trying at the "hot areas"? Normally the places that you can easily players in the human form are the ones that have NPC dark phantom invasions, or bosses that most players will have problems with.
Anor Londo,New Londo,Kiln of First flame. I've tried everywhere.

maomaoIYP

Defuser said:
Anor Londo,New Londo,Kiln of First flame. I've tried everywhere.

That sucks man. The first time I farmed for souvenirs i did them at painted world, I farmed the birdmen while using the blue orb during every run. Took me quite a while though, probably my level was too high.

Zoe

MMaRsu said:
How is online pvp a failure? Yes it SHIT, but it does work and when it does its fucking glorious.

Go to Demon Ruins and use the blue signstone. I killed about 10 guys last night, and on one go this guy had two phantoms helping him, hahahaha I dispatched all of them NICE

I'm assuming most people participating in PvP are Japanese, so by delaying the patch they're segregating the community by a large amount.

johntown

Banned
Zoe said:
I'm assuming most people participating in PvP are Japanese, so by delaying the patch they're segregating the community by a large amount.
Not true at all. There are tons of people playing PVP. I can get summoned or invade quite quickly.

DigitalDevil said:
Noooooooo! Isn't this the second dead ps3 for you on this game?

Nope, first time - there was someone else that this happened to ITT though. How frustrating, and I opened it up to prepare to reflow it so I can try to get my save files, but at this point I don't even care. I started a Thief last night, with Old Witch's Ring so I can get what I need from that. I don't really have an issue with starting over completely, as I was working on a new game concurrently but it feels like more of a blow considering how much time I put into my first character.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to more after I beat Uncharted 3; I'd love to get into some PvP at some point, but not until ALL patch issues are fixed.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
MasterLeePhD said:
True, but seeing all these YouTube videos of people doing the cheat while I'm farming is really soul destroying.

Sorta takes the difficulty out the game making it another run-of-the-mill game.

That cheat however saved my game... I deleted my save game by mistake, without that bug I would of quit the game... no way I was starting over from a 98 hour lost save game.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Nope, first time - there was someone else that this happened to ITT though. How frustrating, and I opened it up to prepare to reflow it so I can try to get my save files, but at this point I don't even care. I started a Thief last night, with Old Witch's Ring so I can get what I need from that. I don't really have an issue with starting over completely, as I was working on a new game concurrently but it feels like more of a blow considering how much time I put into my first character.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to more after I beat Uncharted 3; I'd love to get into some PvP at some point, but not until ALL patch issues are fixed.

well, there were at least TWO more then, as it happened to me and I know at least one other. My PS3 ylod'd on me in Blighttown. I ran straight to gamestop and bought a 320g Infamous 2 bundle. NO WAY was I waiting on Sony to repair my out of warranty MGS4 bundle.

I don't miss my backwards compatibility yet as I've been playing nothing but Dark Souls, but I know the pain is coming the first time I go to put in a PS2 game and realize I can't do that anymore :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How's everyone handling the PVP covenants in regards to leveling them up for the rewards for trophies? Are you guys joining one, leveling it up, then leaving and joining the next one? Darkwraith, Darkmoon, and Gravelord all seem pretty involved to get the levels up.

johntown

Banned
worldrevolution said:
How's everyone handling the PVP covenants in regards to leveling them up for the rewards for trophies? Are you guys joining one, leveling it up, then leaving and joining the next one? Darkwraith, Darkmoon, and Gravelord all seem pretty involved to get the levels up.
I waited for NG+ to do all of mine with the exception of Warriors of Sunlight.......I did that on my first run. Got most of my co-op runs in New Londo Ruins followed closely by the Painted World and maybe one from Anor Londo.

In NG+ I started with Darkwraith, just finished Blades of Darkmoon, about to finish Chaos Servant and for Gravelord just collecting enough Eyes of Death in the world and buying them etc. I will finish up that one on my 3rd playthough (could have finished it earlier but I had to try out some of the Eyes of Death which was a waste of time.)

BTW in Anor Londo I got a message that Disasters were now happening in my world but nothing changed. Later that day I did not get any message and had BP enemies all over Anor Londo.......which was cool but I had already beaten the boss. I looked everywhere for the Gravelord sign but I could not find it.......one thing that sucks is you don't get any extra souls or anything for beating the BP's?

Clear said:
I guess so... beat my rapid edit with your post!

The first one, I think was a combination of a rolling to the center of the blast, where it probably doesn't hit much and blocking with solaire's shield, which I'm not sure of the stats on. If you notice later, he's not as close so he backs way the hell away when the AoE is coming.

She 1-shot me with it in NG+ through an upgraded shield... I was aghast... kept my distance and played safe after that. :)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Farming Souvenirs from the Crow Demons isn't too bad if you can't be bothered PVP-ing.

From the start of Ariamis, you can just head to the nearest rooftop where there's a body in the corner, when you cross to it (actually pick the loot from it first time) two crows will fly in, in a little scripted event. Defeat them, then pull another two from the roof of the annex by standing right on the edge of the roof and using a bow. Rinse & Repeat.

Once you get used to it, its totally predictable and the best part is that it requires absolutely zero progression into the zone to do so you can afford to stack humanity in order to buff their droprate.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
johntown said:
I waited for NG+ to do all of mine with the exception of Warriors of Sunlight.......I did that on my first run. Got most of my co-op runs in New Londo Ruins followed closely by the Painted World and maybe one from Anor Londo.

In NG+ I started with Darkwraith, just finished Blades of Darkmoon, about to finish Chaos Servant and for Gravelord just collecting enough Eyes of Death in the world and buying them etc. I will finish up that one on my 3rd playthough (could have finished it earlier but I had to try out some of the Eyes of Death which was a waste of time.)

BTW in Anor Londo I got a message that Disasters were now happening in my world but nothing changed. Later that day I did not get any message and had BP enemies all over Anor Londo.......which was cool but I had already beaten the boss. I looked everywhere for the Gravelord sign but I could not find it.......one thing that sucks is you don't get any extra souls or anything for beating the BP's?

I'm a member of Sunlight now actually and I haven't been able to find anyone to summon me..I am level 60..and only just got to Anor Londo.. so I think I've been too high for all the stuff up till now. Not to mention I'm on the patch so I'm guessing I'm not getting anyone outside of Japan..

Also juggling the covenants seems to be a hassle.. like I'll go to the catacombs to get the ring for Darkmoon but I'll also have to keep Nito alive for Darkwraith and I'll also have to avoid Frampt once I have the Lordvessel right? Not to mention I can't break the covenants without going to the guy in the church first which is annoying.

There's a nook in Sen's Fortress, at the top, as you're still running from the boulders crashing down from the giant... narrow bridge, just before the shortcut cages, where there's an opportunity to take a left and face a balder knight with an epee type weapon. Is there any purpose to that alley? It's a dead end. I've never seen loot there. The enemy seems to be common... to me this is more baffling than the dead end in the chaos covenant room.

--

Random observation: Of all the things I'd be worried about in doing a speed run like these JP players, the biggest would be Bed of Chaos. :lol

johntown

Banned
worldrevolution said:
I'm a member of Sunlight now actually and I haven't been able to find anyone to summon me..I am level 60..and only just got to Anor Londo.. so I think I've been too high for all the stuff up till now. Not to mention I'm on the patch so I'm guessing I'm not getting anyone outside of Japan..

Also juggling the covenants seems to be a hassle.. like I'll go to the catacombs to get the ring for Darkmoon but I'll also have to keep Nito alive for Darkwraith and I'll also have to avoid Frampt once I have the Lordvessel right? Not to mention I can't break the covenants without going to the guy in the church first which is annoying.
Yeah maybe just wait until after the patch gets released worldwide. Then you should have no problems getting summoned SL60 is not too high for Anor Londo first run.

It is not a hassle and as long as you don't do anything to break the covenant you can freely switch them without needing to be absolved. So, you can go from Darkwraith to Forest Hunters and then back to Darkwraith just by talking to the NPC's in charge of the Covenants. If you kill someone in the Forest Hunters then you will need to absolve your sins before joinng.

I'm an expert

There's a ton to Sen's that has no meaning. I absolutely loved that place. Took me about 5 hours to just explore everything and get through it. I pretty much barreled into Anor Londo after since it was so much more open than Sen's. Sen's I creeped through like 3-1 of Demon's.

I'm an expert

johntown said:
Yeah maybe just wait until after the patch gets released worldwide. Then you should have no problems getting summoned SL60 is not too high for Anor Londo first run.

It is not a hassle and as long as you don't do anything to break the covenant you can freely switch them without needing to be absolved. So, you can go from Darkwraith to Forest Hunters and then back to Darkwraith just by talking to the NPC's in charge of the Covenants. If you kill someone in the Forest Hunters then you will need to absolve your sins before joinng.

Yeah I actually just confirmed that on the J-wiki. I guess if anything the covenants kind of annoy me the way world tendencies did. I LOVE the idea behind them, but some of them are so..let's say hidden in a weird way..that it's hard to say I would have found these last few on my own without a guide telling me the very specific requirements for some of them.

johntown said:
BTW is there any agreed up levels for good PVP yet or builds?

Well I'd like to suggest that people should stop perpetuating the "PvP slows down at SL120" myth holdover from Demon's Souls. I've played 40+ hours at SL180 and above and there has been no shortage of PvP action. Just fwiw. SL120 probably is a good landing spot if only because the community seems to be self-imposing the limit, however.

scosher

NEOPARADIGM said:
Well I'd like to suggest that people should stop perpetuating the "PvP slows down at SL120" myth holdover from Demon's Souls. I've played 40+ hours at SL180 and above and there has been no shortage of PvP action. Just fwiw. SL120 probably is a good landing spot if only because the community seems to be self-imposing the limit, however.

The SL120 is a carry-over from Demon Souls, but it's still a good stopping point for this game. They didn't introduce any new stat besides Resistance really (which just replaced Luck in uselessness), and there's the same diminishing returns at 40-50. Plus, you no longer need a minimum of 16 Faith just for Second Chance. By going over SL120, builds either lose their identity, or run into significant DR's that it's pointless to pump up a stat to 70-99, and then expect the rest of the community to invest that much grinding/soul-levelling just to be on a similar level. I think the only builds that would really benefit from a higher SL cap are magic/melee hybrid builds that are focused on using heavy weapons like the True Greatsword of Artorias or Grant.

Also, I don't think there's an upper level cap, so a SL120 can still invade an SL180. There's also several covenants that have no level restrictions whatsoever, so of course the PvP action really doesn't die down if you powerlevel higher.

Zzoram said:
Maybe he accidentally did it? Or maybe just entering the fog gate triggers the elevator shortcut above the firesage to unlock?

Yeah, maybe. The only thing I could think of was to reset all the aggro'ed enemies, but that makes no sense.

--

WHOA. He kills "Four Kings" by only killing three. At least, I think he does. :lol

Apparently, since they share a lifebar, if you overload the damage on the final strike to one (he uses great chaos fireball) it does enough to add up to take out the next.

johntown

Banned
NEOPARADIGM said:
I think what people mean is co-op slows down. Still plenty of PVP if you do one of many Convenants with no level restrictions. Just watch out for glitchers who have a really high soul level.

scy

SL120 range is still fine for most hybrid builds; DEX INT may be the exception due to the stat spread it would have with needing 44 INT for Crystal Soulmass, 19 STR for 2H Murakumo, and 40 DEX for optimal +15 scaling. On top of that is the 40+ VIT, 40 END.

I'm working on my STR and DEX Faith build currently and, unfortunately, I completely forgot how much of a pain getting Darkmoon Blade Enchant was :/

On that note, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the DEX weapons since I've avoided the build completely in Dark Souls. What uh ... what exactly is there? Murakumo is the only big DEX weapon I can think of besides maybe the Washing Pole but that's better as an Elemental weapon really.

johntown

Banned
scy said:
SL120 range is still fine for most hybrid builds; DEX INT may be the exception due to the stat spread it would have with needing 44 INT for Crystal Soulmass, 19 STR for 2H Murakumo, and 40 DEX for optimal +15 scaling. On top of that is the 40+ VIT, 40 END.

I'm working on my STR and DEX Faith build currently and, unfortunately, I completely forgot how much of a pain getting Darkmoon Blade Enchant was :/

On that note, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the DEX weapons since I've avoided the build completely in Dark Souls. What uh ... what exactly is there? Murakumo is the only big DEX weapon I can think of besides maybe the Washing Pole but that's better as an Elemental weapon really.
Yeah I am having a hard time deciding what to pump my points into. I really like how the Butchers Knife swings but then I have to go for a hybrid STR INT build (which is weird). I have been thinking of pumping up DEX for Muakumo or Sever. Then I also like the Zweihander and the Black Knight Halbred.......I don't know what to do.

I have also noticed that just about EVERYONE uses some kind of fire waepon.

I'm trying to get some more sunlight medals, so I'm trying to get summoned for Ornstein+Smough. Since there are 3 bonfires which are fairly close, what's the popular spot to put signs down?

I don't get many bites near the Sunbro bonfire. I tried to get summoned on the bridge near the elevator but so far only got people who haven't cleared the area yet (and tend to fall off things...). Am I too high at SL56?

johntown

Banned
SchleimanTank said:
I'm trying to get some more sunlight medals, so I'm trying to get summoned for Ornstein+Smough. Since there are 3 bonfires which are fairly close, what's the popular spot to put signs down?

I don't get many bites near the Sunbro bonfire. I tried to get summoned on the bridge near the elevator but so far only got people who haven't cleared the area yet (and tend to fall off things...). Am I too high at SL56?
As soon as you go down the spinning platform (where you fought the first gargoyle) is where I always put it. Sometimes though you will get summoned from someone who want to go through the whole level. The bonfire right after the archers is another good spot but I have never used it.

Try going to the Painted World. You should get summoned a lot at that level.

scy

johntown said:
Yeah I am having a hard time deciding what to pump my points into. I really like how the Butchers Knife swings but then I have to go for a hybrid STR INT build (which is weird). I have been thinking of pumping up DEX for Muakumo or Sever. Then I also like the Zweihander and the Black Knight Halbred.......I don't know what to do.

I have also noticed that just about EVERYONE uses some kind of fire waepon.

First and foremost, I'm a pretty big supporter of the hybrid build idea over pure STR or pure DEX; pure Faith or Int is up for more debate. Just to get that out of the way now, lol.

STR INT feels like a more complete build than DEX INT, to be honest; you get a far greater selection of weapons and lower stat requirements overall. I'm doing my DEX Faith character first since I haven't done a DEX build yet and, honestly, I'm not really sure what to do with it. I'm working towards +15 Murakumo with Enchants and then a variety of back-up weapons; feels like I should have a few more options, though.

STR-wise build is pretty lenient, though. 40+ VIT, 40 END, 34 STR (to two-hand 50 STR reqs), 10 DEX, 44 INT (Crystal Soulmass). Crystal Magic Weapon on a +15 Weapon beats out an Enchanted+5 or Magic+10, though it does have the whole buff time issue. Food for thought, I suppose.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Can I even dupe humanity?

Will the Spider convent chick take Humanity from my inventory or from my counter next to my health bar?

Humanity glitching works just like the souls so, yeah, it'll work. And she takes it from the HUD, not your inventory. Honestly, I glitch not to "dupe" the Humanity but just to use 30 of them faster :/

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Mortrialus said:
Hey ixix, I have a bit more info about Gwynevere for your lore collection:

Also, the Anor Londo Fire Keeper is referred to by her armor as the Darkmoon Knightess.

Edit: I see you've already seen the Anor Londo Fire Keeper thing. I think your lore collection should refer to her by that name rather than generic Anor Londo Fire Keeper.

I considered adding that bit about Gwynevere, but once it was actually there in stark black and white it looked an awful lot like an "Amazing Chest Ahead" joke, so I left it out.

I debated how to refer to the Darkmoon Knightess, and settled on calling her the Anor Londo Fire Keeper because I figured that's how most people would know her, and there was little chance of somebody going "Darkmoon Knightess? Who is this character I have never heard of? I shall refrain from highlighting these spoiler tags until I find her myself!"

That's probably a paranoid concern, but it was my train of thought in referring to her as the Anor Londo Fire Keeper.

BigAT

Question about Solaire:

I summoned and used him for the Centipede boss fight, which he survived. Instead of going forward I went back and then did a bunch of other stuff in the game. When I went to go look for him after a while (described as right next to the bonfire after the Centipede boss), he was nowhere to be found. I have yet to be in Lost Izalith. Did I screw something up by not talking to him immediately after defeating the Centipede boss?

.GqueB.

Banned
ixix said:
I somewhat suspect that they intended them to link into other areas one way or another but either dropped the idea or didn't get around to it.
I had the same feeling. Mostly due to how blatantly inaccessible the blacksmith is. Is there a shortcut Im missing? I know how to get down to him fast but getting back up you have to essentially go back through the level. Tell me Im missing something here.

johntown

Banned
BigAT said:
Question about Solaire:

I summoned and used him for the Centipede boss fight, which he survived. Instead of going forward I went back and then did a bunch of other stuff in the game. When I went to go look for him after a while (described as right next to the bonfire after the Centipede boss), he was nowhere to be found. I have yet to be in Lost Izalith. Did I screw something up by not talking to him immediately after defeating the Centipede boss?
The bonfire after the centipede boss is basically Lost Izalith. I did not summon him for that fight but he showed up for me and I talked to him once and then he was gone and never showed back up.

You could try quiting and reloading.

.GqueB.

Banned
SchleimanTank said:

The bridge you fight the Gargoyle on is always pretty populated. I was trying to summon a friend last night and I saw about 4-5 summon signs pop up in the first few minutes I was there. I imagine most people see this and just camp that area for summons. This may be a bit risky though. You may end up getting summoned by someone who JUST beat the gargoyle.

Bottom of the stairs leading to O + S isnt a bad spot either. But again, you have to hope they opened the door or you'll have to go through that horrid part with the archers again. Id say put it right in front of the door but that may lead to iffy results. I imagine most are looking to summon before they get to the golems.

johntown

Banned
scy said:
First and foremost, I'm a pretty big supporter of the hybrid build idea over pure STR or pure DEX; pure Faith or Int is up for more debate. Just to get that out of the way now, lol.

STR INT feels like a more complete build than DEX INT, to be honest; you get a far greater selection of weapons and lower stat requirements overall. I'm doing my DEX Faith character first since I haven't done a DEX build yet and, honestly, I'm not really sure what to do with it. I'm working towards +15 Murakumo with Enchants and then a variety of back-up weapons; feels like I should have a few more options, though.

STR-wise build is pretty lenient, though. 40+ VIT, 40 END, 34 STR (to two-hand 50 STR reqs), 10 DEX, 44 INT (Crystal Soulmass). Crystal Magic Weapon on a +15 Weapon beats out an Enchanted+5 or Magic+10, though it does have the whole buff time issue. Food for thought, I suppose.
Yeah I think I am going to go with STR but my VIT will stay at 20 and probably END too. I don't really care for the massive weapons or heavy armor so END does not really need to be too high.

How my stats are now I think my build will be complete at around SL130 - SL135 (below). Currently at SL99 and I need to build up my STR to 50 and END to 20. For the final build if I could change the stats DEX would be at 25 and FAI would be at 18.

VIT 20
ATT 16 - 19
END 20
STR 50
DEX 26
RES 10
INT 50
FAI 20

Numpt3

I was exploring the depths earlier and I had my very first invader, I felt like such a bad ass when I managed to kill him...
I've just discovered that he was an NPC,
lol.

I love this game.

.GqueB.

Banned
I need guidance Gaf. Basically I have a bunch of weapons ready to upgrade. I just created an lightening iaito and I have a fire long sword (which is amazing). These are the only two ascended weapons I have but Im having trouble trying to decided what to do with the rest. What I have:

Bandits knife +8
Winged Spear +10
Painted guardian sword will be +10 in due time (I know its not the best weapon in the world but I love the moveset)

What should I do with these? My natural instinct is to add fire and lightening to all of these but that seems silly. Are magic weapons (made by the smith in New londo) any good? Should I be ascending shields?Haaaaaalp.

Yes Ive already tried googling but Gaf is, and always will be, the most helpful resource in areas such as this.

johntown

Banned
.GqueB. said:
I need guidance Gaf. Basically I have a bunch of weapons ready to upgrade. I just created an lightening iaito and I have a fire long sword (which is amazing). These are the only two ascended weapons I have but Im having trouble trying to decided what to do with the rest. What I have:

Bandits knife +8
Winged Spear +10
Painted guardian sword will be +10 in due time (I know its not the best weapon in the world but I love the moveset)

What should I do with these? My natural instinct is to add fire and lightening to all of these but that seems silly. Are magic weapons (made by the smith in New londo) any good? Should I be ascending shields?Haaaaaalp.

Yes Ive already tried googling but Gaf is, and always will be, the most helpful resource in areas such as this.
Magic is good and if I had to choose one it would be either the spear or the painted sword. The only problem here is if you go Magic you have to drop those weapons back to +5. The magic upgrade starts there.

Besides lightning and fire based weapons the others are stat dependant. What are your stats and I will tell you if it is even worth the upgrade.

EDIT: Shields yes you should be ascending them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom