• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There one weird thing that happened to me. The only White Titanic Slab you could find in the game (Tomb of Giants), wasn't a slab in NG+. I picked it up as a Chunk in NG+. I still have the White Slab from my previous playthrough and I didn't use it yet.

Zzoram

Hopefully soon. With it finally possible to reasonably farm the eyes for gravelord invasion, things should get a lot more exciting online.

Haunted

Zzoram said:
Hopefully soon. With it finally possible to reasonably farm the eyes for gravelord invasion, things should get a lot more exciting online.
It would be nice to be able to play with Japanese people again. I only tried twice, but I had no luck finding anyone to co-op with since the patch hit in JP.

But eh, it's not that important.

TommyT

GodlyPerfection said:
I'm at NG++... and yes that is the cap. You can't get higher than +6 in a single playthrough unless you have someone drop you their spare firekeeper souls.

ok... Why are you quoting me on this?

Haunted said:
It would be nice to be able to play with Japanese people again. I only tried twice, but I had no luck finding anyone to co-op with since the patch hit in JP.

But eh, it's not that important.

Hey, I'm on 360 so quit bellyachin' :<

Audioboxer

OMG when this patch hits I'm going to want to start a new game AGAIN!

Having wicked fun being a sorcerer, but for a new playthrough I might go all out strength so I can wield all the badass axes/swords.

scy

TommyT said:
ok... Why are you quoting me on this?

It's a trend, I'm sorry. :)

Anyway, on the subject of Estus Flasks, you should be able to do a +7 Estus in one playthrough:
Undead Parish, Blighttown, New Londo, Duke's Archives, Firelink Shrine Soul, Anor Lando Soul, Chaos Covenant Soul
. Well, I guess not really since you're lacking a Fire Keeper this way but, hey, you can have all the souls for it!

roxya

I so love co-op on Ornstein & Smough. Super fun fight, making loads of souls without feeling like I'm grinding. Anyone notice how amazing the music is for that fight?

Leunam

roxya said:
I so love co-op on Ornstein & Smough. Super fun fight, making loads of souls without feeling like I'm grinding. Anyone notice how amazing the music is for that fight?

Not at first because I was too busy getting my ass kicked but every time after that yes.

Zimbardo said:
i posted this in the other patch thread by mistake, but ...

anyone experience them a few new games into it? they are ridiculous.

Yes they are...but sorcery plus strafing around one at a time, (which I admit, is tough when others pop up) they are still easy...=p

Homing crystal masses also seem to helped in my last fight (which was New Game +++++ ).

scy said:
It's a trend, I'm sorry. :)

Anyway, on the subject of Estus Flasks, you should be able to do a +7 Estus in one playthrough:
Undead Parish, Blighttown, New Londo, Duke's Archives, Firelink Shrine Soul, Anor Lando Soul, Chaos Covenant Soul
. Well, I guess not really since you're lacking a Fire Keeper this way but, hey, you can have all the souls for it!

That's why I said +6... because you wouldn't have a firekeeper to upgrade the last soul. Hence you need someone to give you a firekeeper's soul. :p

Haunted said:
ETA for the patch?
We hope soon, but there has been no communication so it's all speculation :/

I really hope it does come soon before people give up and move on....

Skyrim DOES come out tomorrow after all.

scy

GodlyPerfection said:
That's why I said +6... because you wouldn't have a firekeeper to upgrade the last soul. Hence you need someone to give you a firekeeper's soul. :p

Yeah I thought about that after I posted :/ "There's 7 souls per cycle so ... oh, right."

RyanDG

Btw, I just thought you guys would have a laugh at this... I just got an e-mail response back from Namco about an hour or two ago in regards to the patch. The response I was given was basically that they weren't aware of any patch available for Dark Souls at this time. :p

RyanDG said:
Btw, I just thought you guys would have a laugh at this... I just got an e-mail response back from Namco about an hour or two ago in regards to the patch. The response I was given was basically that they weren't aware of any patch available for Dark Souls at this time. :p

That's not funny

That's like the opposite of funny

GodlyPerfection said:
SL120 PvP character. It is a lot harder to get invasions at that level ...

Eh? Why would that be?

RyanDG said:

thefuckisthisshit

RyanDG said:
You must change your name from Ryan to something else now. You are no longer welcome in the Ryan club.

tokkun

NEOPARADIGM said:
Eh? Why would that be?

To invade as a darkwraith, you need to be a lower level than the target. People who are not PvP focused (or not glitchers) usually don't make it to SL120 unless they beat the game multiple times. Even for PvP, many people stop between SL100 and SL120.

This generally won't stop you from invading as a spirit of revenge, but you cannot get indicted for those kills.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Cloudius12 said:
There one weird thing that happened to me. The only White Titanic Slab you could find in the game (Tomb of Giants), wasn't a slab in NG+. I picked it up as a Chunk in NG+. I still have the White Slab from my previous playthrough and I didn't use it yet.

That, or something similar happened to me too. Pain in the ass forced me to get to the bottom of Tomb of the Giants in NG++, which is pretty rough even with a good build.

I remember thinking I'm sure I got this last cycle, (after all its not in an unmemorable location) but of course... no slab.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The new 1.05 patch defintiely fixed J-land issues. Been summoned a ton this morning.

Finally got to the infamous Anor Londo archers I kept reading about. And destroyed them on my second try (first time I just rolled off by accident). Not really sure what the big thing was.. the titanite demons give me more trouble than that.

Also Anor Londo is Anor Amazing. Though I'm hanging out a lot in the Painted World farming sun medals and souls..

UFRA

RyanDG said:
omg....

Beat it last night. Such an amazing game. The last few zones are more difficult than they are neat/fun... but it doesn't bring down the experience as a whole.

So good.

Johnas

Man, I can barely do a thing to the final boss.

SL 65, pure melee (no magic at all), solo. I read about summoning Solaire, but I killed him in the tunnel with the Sunlight Maggot, he had gone insane or something.

I'm starting to get a feel for some of his telegraphs, but sometimes he just almost instantaneously swings his sword, I have no prep time at all.

Getting some False King Allant vibes.

Zzoram

teh_J0kerer said:
The "input lag" issue is definitely not fixed in 1.05. It just happened to me a bunch with both spells and a crossbow.

Is it at least less common or more predictable?

I thought they had a system in where holding your shield up, whatever attack you queue up won't be done until you let your shield down.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
RyanDG said:
bobby-bowden-o.gif

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
teh_J0kerer said:
The "input lag" issue is definitely not fixed in 1.05. It just happened to me a bunch with both spells and a crossbow.

In 55 hours I've still yet to encounter this issue. Also on 1.05.

scy

RyanDG said:

I find the saddest part of this is my lack of surprise.

I'm an expert

It's probably just a response from a customer service rep who'd have no information about a patch in the works.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
worldrevolution said:
It's probably just a response from a customer service rep who'd have no information about a patch in the works.
That's what I'm telling myself to try to feel better. Like some one else said though, this is Namco we're talking about so it wouldn't surprise me either if they legit didn't know.

Sullichin

Ugh, I had two phantoms in O&S NG+.. one of them died, but the two of us had super ornstein down to a sliver of health, the smallest bit. He gets impaled, and I try to attack Ornstein while he's doing that animation, which proved to be a fatal mistake as I did not have enough stamina when he immediately attacked again and killed me. FFFFF. I don't have any humanity and playing this solo on NG+ is proving to be pretty f'n hard, especially killing ornstein last (but i want his armor). I did beat them on my first playthrough solo, but it is now quite a bit more difficult :p

Zzoram said:
Is it at least less common or more predictable?

I thought they had a system in where holding your shield up, whatever attack you queue up won't be done until you let your shield down.

I dunno, I only played 1.05 for a few hours so far, and had the input lag glitch happen maybe 3 or 4 times, which is not a very statistically significant sample.. but it was kind of annoyingly often.

The lock on seems to be better though.

TommyT

Sullichin said:
Ugh, I had two phantoms in O&S NG+.. one of them died, but the two of us had super ornstein down to a sliver of health, the smallest bit. He gets impaled, and I try to attack Ornstein while he's doing that animation, which proved to be a fatal mistake as I did not have enough stamina when he immediately attacked again and killed me. FFFFF. I don't have any humanity and playing this solo on NG+ is proving to be pretty f'n hard, especially killing ornstein last (but i want his armor). I did beat them on my first playthrough solo, but it is now quite a bit more difficult :p

Dark Wood Grain Ring makes super Ornstein a joke. Just stay close to him and dodge through or around him depending on attacks.

Giolon

I find it really hard to continue playing this game when I know there's such a significant balancing patch out there.

I'm an expert

SL63 and NO ONE is summonin me at S&O. Come on people I'm here to help!

Sullichin said:
Yea this one can be very difficult on NG+. I have never defeated them solo, but I will try solo when I roll a new character. That impale move does so much damage, even with Iron Flesh added, defense is negated.

worldrevolution said:
SL63 and NO ONE is summonin me at S&O. Come on people I'm here to help!
Watching some pure melee videos on S&O, he made that fight look so easy :/

IrishNinja

finally past smough again, ugh. so glad i dont gotta do that fight no more!

1) what happens when someone +1s a sign i left? once in a while, i -1 a trollish one, no idea what happens but it still says 1 feedback or whatever so im afraid im legitimizing this "TREASURE AHEAD - JUMP" or whatever ones.

2) what is this crystal whip looking thing some mage guys get me with in PvP? no idea what it is, but it's mad damaging.

IrishNinja said:
finally past smough again, ugh. so glad i dont gotta do that fight no more!

1) what happens when someone +1s a sign i left? once in a while, i -1 a trollish one, no idea what happens but it still says 1 feedback or whatever so im afraid im legitimizing this "TREASURE AHEAD - JUMP" or whatever ones.

I think it gives you an extra Estus/Humanity.

mattp

Leunam said:
Parry him!
Just died so many times doing this. I got so close to winning a bunch of times but he's so fucking relentless. One slip up and you're as good as dead. Such an intense fight, I had to stop playing lol

Leunam

mattp said:
Just died so many times doing this. I got so close to winning a bunch of times but he's so fucking relentless. One slip up and you're as good as dead. Such an intense fight, I had to stop playing lol

Do you have any pyromancy? Because that will wreck his shit very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom