• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got all the souvenirs I needed in about an hour.

Rest at the Painted World bonfire and use the blue eye orb before heading out two kill the two harpies (4 if you can lure the other two with a bow). After taking them out use homeward and repeat.

Septimius

So I glitched millions of souls for my PvP character and leveled him up to 100 before beating S&O. Feels strangely empowering; well, not really strangely. Gonna love my build - just gotta power on to the four kings to get the invasion stone, then.. well, I might as well just beat the game. Or I think I'll stick aorund Kiln. No reason to make a whole round-trip to get back to Kiln.

PvPed some guy 4 times in a row yesterday. Killed him all times. He then sent me a message saying I was the best guy he ever fought and wanted a rematch, but sadly, we weren't able to meet again. He said he'd upload the fight on youtube, since he's got a whole channel of that. I'll post it here!

tc farks

This game really doesn't want me to play it. After my save becoming corrupted I started a new game and played for about 3 hours. Quit through the menu, come back to it, there is no save file. I've tried both hard drives. It's like it never existed. What the fuck I can't catch a break.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
tc farks said:
This game really doesn't want me to play it. After my save becoming corrupted I started a new game and played for about 3 hours. Quit through the menu, come back to it, there is no save file. I've tried both hard drives. It's like it never existed. What the fuck I can't catch a break.

Lost my save too a while back... restarted with master key, jumped over undead burg, blightown , deeps and glitch a whole lot of souls and got all my weapon levels using the Hawk girl glitch... yeah not proud of it but I wasn't going to restart from scratch!

Took 20 hours to finish the game.

I'm just about done with the game, decided to kill gwynevere just for the hell of it.

Oh man, Anor Londo turns into a crazy PVP wonderland. Constant invasions! this is way better than before.

tc farks

DarkoMaledictus said:
Lost my save too a while back... restarted with master key, jumped over undead burg, blightown , deeps and glitch a whole lot of souls and got all my weapon levels using the Hawk girl glitch... yeah not proud of it but I wasn't going to restart from scratch!

Took 20 hours to finish the game.

Yeah I was definitely going through the game pretty fast. So losing my 30 hour save was tolerable just because I was on top of Sen's Fortress. So I really wasn't even that far. But I can't even start a new game successfully. Friggen weird.

Btw do you mind telling me how you went through the game for your 2nd time? Since I've already been through a lot of areas skipping some of them is much preferred to me.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
tc farks said:
Yeah I was definitely going through the game pretty fast. So losing my 30 hour save was tolerable just because I was on top of Sen's Fortress. So I really wasn't even that far. But I can't even start a new game successfully. Friggen weird.

Btw do you mind telling me how you went through the game for your 2nd time? Since I've already been through a lot of areas skipping some of them is much preferred to me.

Sure, the master key

unlocks the gate at Lost ruins, from there you can go directly to blightown and move to the giant three and get the dragon head. Once you have the dragon head glitch to get your levels. Now go back up from the tree and kill that spider queen to rang the underground bell. Make it back up using the windmill. Go back to firelink shrine ad go to undeadburg. Ring the bell in the tower, go back down the tower and unlock the door leading to the basin. From there you can move to sens fortress.

Let me know if you need more info.

JVIDICAN

DarkoMaledictus said:
Sure, the master key

unlocks the gate at Lost ruins, from there you can go directly to blightown and move to the giant three and get the dragon head. Once you have the dragon head glitch to get your levels. Now go back up from the tree and kill that spider queen to rang the underground bell. Make it back up using the windmill. Go back to firelink shrine ad go to undeadburg. Ring the bell in the tower, go back down the tower and unlock the door leading to the basin. From there you can move to sens fortress.

going through ash lake at level 10 was a nightmare for me. If you slow down for even a second you're going to be one shot by the hydra there. lol. I probably made it even harder for myself, I refused to use any of the bonfires down there so I wouldn't have to work my way back up the great hollow.

tc farks

DarkoMaledictus said:
Sure, the master key

I just don't get the 1st part. How do I get there? I remember stepping foot into Demons Ruins but leaving right away after I killed Queelag, that's all I can think of.

tc farks

Air Zombie Meat said:
I think he means the gate at new londo ruins. That takes you into drakes valley where theres an entrance to blighttown.

Oh okay, thanks. So go under Firelink Shrine and find a gate. Do I run into this before I have to fight any ghosts?

tc farks said:
Oh okay, thanks. So go under Firelink Shrine and find a gate. Do I run into this before I have to fight any ghosts?

No, it's before you get to any ghosts. It's up a set of stairs right next to the ones you use to come in from firelink.

elty

I am thinking of creating another dedicated PvP character (since mine has a mess up build), but I don't really want to go through all that stuff again as it is not exactly a short walk to the dragon.

chunk3rvd

Moving through this game at a stupidly slow pace compared to everyone else. Bought it on launch day and at almost 70 hours in I'm SL31 and still haven't beat Sen's Fortress! In no desire to rush through it though as I'm enjoying every minute

I've spent so many hours being an ultimate Sunbro (praise the sun!) and have helped tonnes of people beat Queelag and Gaping Dragon. Have also spent time doing things like upgrading my Pyromancy to Queelana +5 and buying all available spells

Tackled Sen's yesterday and when I finally got to the top some giant dick started throwing boulders at me. I dropped down to the platform with the bonfire but by the time I landed I was already dead (fistofthenorthstar.gif) :/

That was a bit disheartening so I've just been to the forest today, joined the covenant and got my 3 kills. I also bought a bunch of stuff off Shiva including 4 Uchi's and 3 Washing Pole's for future upgrades (planning a DEX build) then I killed him and his buddy. Ninja flipping everywhere like a boss now

I'm just about to tackle Sen's again. Did any of the boulder shifting things I did open up any shortcuts I'm not aware of or do I have to take the long path back up accross all those swinging blade beams?

chunk3rvd said:
I'm just about to tackle Sen's again. Did any of the boulder shifting things I did open up any shortcuts I'm not aware of or do I have to take the long path back up accross all those swinging blade beams?

Afraid not. There is a shortcut in Sens you can open up (a cage you can ride in) but you died just before you got to it.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Had a 3 hour PVP marathon last night..so..inform me..

I figured the Darkwraith covenant was like the other PVP ones, use the red stone and it'll sort of randomly throw you into a world to invade. But that's wrong, isn't it? It's like the red sign from Demon's, so the person is voluntarily summoning you right? I had like 4 duel series with the same guy, was very fun. Still..I'd rather do PVP where I just throw a ring on and go about my business and it'll just summon me. I guess that's Darkmoon eh.

Septimius

worldrevolution said:

I figured the Darkwraith covenant was like the other PVP ones, use the red stone and it'll sort of randomly throw you into a world to invade. But that's wrong, isn't it? It's like the red sign from Demon's, so the person is voluntarily summoning you right? I had like 4 duel series with the same guy, was very fun. Still..I'd rather do PVP where I just throw a ring on and go about my business and it'll just summon me. I guess that's Darkmoon eh.

You'll soon find that the ring is not the way to do PvP. You'll randomly, and always unconveniently be summoned. If you die, you start at the bonfire, and you've lost all progress.

Darkwraith's Red Eye Orb is just like in DeS - you use it, and it'll invade someone in the area you're in. Nothing volunteer about it. That's the Red Soap Stone found in Painted World.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Septimius said:
You'll soon find that the ring is not the way to do PvP. You'll randomly, and always unconveniently be summoned. If you die, you start at the bonfire, and you've lost all progress.

Darkwraith's Red Eye Orb is just like in DeS - you use it, and it'll invade someone in the area you're in. Nothing volunteer about it. That's the Red Soap Stone found in Painted World.

Ah..that's what it was..was using the painted world orb.. different huh.

Now I'm getting summoned in AL by guys being invaded. Pretty fun helping them, went through 6-7 Darkmoon guys in a row.

matmanx1

zerokoolpsx said:
So Pharis backstep off a cliff. I don't see her items at her spawn point. Wtf. Her bow gone at least until next playthrough?

Most likely =(

So I just watched a video on how to get Avelyn. I have to say that looks like a complete pain in the arse. How can you tell if you are dropping in the right place to land on the shelf?

I still need both Avelyn and the Channeler's Trident for my Knight's Honor Trophy and I'm not looking forward to either one of them. What's the easiest Channeler to farm? The first one in the Archives? Or the one up top in the next room? Both of them seem to be pretty well protected.

I could end my NG at any time now because I'm pretty much done with everything I can do on one run through but I want to get as many of the rare weapons as I can because I know the enemies are only going to be tougher on NG+.

I'm an expert

lol..just went 0 for 9 with cracked red orb invasions..man..I'm not a PVP build at all but I love giving it a shot. Can't wait till I gt my build/gear.

Johnas

I like this game.

It's great.

But Gwyn is way too hard for solo melee play, imo.

I have read the wiki. I've rolled around like a monkey. I've tried a (useless) fire shield. I've tried the pillar strategy. I have the stupid fire resistant grim reaper outfit on (which apparently you can't upgrade). Ten hours I've been at this.

Sigh.

Dresden

Johnas said:
I like this game.

It's great.

But Gwyn is way too hard for solo melee play, imo.

I have read the wiki. I've rolled around like a monkey. I've tried a (useless) fire shield. I've tried the pillar strategy. I have the stupid fire resistant grim reaper outfit on (which apparently you can't upgrade). Ten hours I've been at this.

Sigh.
Just parry.

Zimbardo

Dresden said:
Just parry.

i tried that with some success, but he usually ends up grabbing me and doing that fist explosion move.

i have to cheese him around that rock island near the fog gate when i first enter. he's just way too relentless and swings constantly ...i assume he must have an unlimited stamina bar in comparison to myself.

he's a bitch without the cheesing, imo.

You can parry all of his sword swings.

Equip the hornet ring for massive damage.

edit: his sword is huge so you can stay at a distance where you can back roll away from his grab attempts.

If your parries are on point you can seriously dominate him. Really satisfying imo

Also, if you have a pyro glove, riposte him and start casting great fireball. By the time he gets up it's ready to go.

Sullichin

Johnas said:
I was thinking you couldn't parry a two-handed hit. I'll give it a shot though.

Parry him as often as you can. The only other time it's safe to attack him is when he's recovering from the throw or the kick animation.

tokkun

worldrevolution said:

The red soapstone puts down an invasion sign, you only invade willing participants who touch your sign. Both parties are approximately the same level.

The Darkwraith's red eye stone invades without the other player's consent. Only level restriction is that the Darkwraith must be lower level than the player they invade, so you can invade an SL400 as an SL1. Cracked red eye stone is the same, except that it is consumed when used.

I'm an expert

So the wiki says I should have met Patches once in the catacombs by the spiked bridge..but I never saw him.. will he definitely be in the Tomb of Giants? I hate Patches..I hit him by accident twice in Demon's..ughhh...

He's next to to the the bridge flipping switch above the ladder next to the second bonfire

he flipped the bridge while I was walking across it and killed me, the bastard

Johnas

Sullichin said:
Parry him as often as you can. The only other time it's safe to attack him is when he's recovering from the throw or the kick animation.

Can you give me a quick rundown on how to do this? I can't quite pull it off.

It looks like I'm supposed to swing my shield at the same moment he swings his sword, when they connect in mid-air it's supposed to stun him? All it ever does is make the "dink" sound like a regular block. I'm using L2.

Do some shields work and some don't? Is there a particular stat requirement? I've tried it with a grass crest shield and a fire knight shield.

Broseybrose

Ok guys. Ive got a Scimitar +10 and Quelaag's Soul. You know what I want to do. The option to upgrade to the Fury Sword does not appear when I talk to the Parish Blacksmith (the only BS I have access to). I gave him all the right Items to Ascend.

Any help?

Johnas

Broseybrose said:
Ok guys. Ive got a Scimitar +10 and Quelaag's Soul. You know what I want to do. The option to upgrade to the Fury Sword does not appear when I talk to the Parish Blacksmith (the only BS I have access to). I gave him all the right Items to Ascend.

Any help?

Wrong blacksmith. ;) You need the one in
Anor Lando

I'm an expert

toasty_T said:
He's next to to the the bridge flipping switch above the ladder next to the second bonfire

he flipped the bridge while I was walking across it and killed me, the bastard

I swear he wasn't for me..don't know what I could have done to make him not appear.. still not here, I turned off the spikes the first time I came through.

edit: Readin up on it..apparently him not appearing can happen due to multiple events..also reading up on NPCs..I've never met Reah yet. She never spawned for me after the first bell or anything. I'm assuming I'll meet here in the Tomb..

Zzoram

Johnas said:
Can you give me a quick rundown on how to do this? I can't quite pull it off.

It looks like I'm supposed to swing my shield at the same moment he swings his sword, when they connect in mid-air it's supposed to stun him? All it ever does is make the "dink" sound like a regular block. I'm using L2.

Do some shields work and some don't? Is there a particular stat requirement? I've tried it with a grass crest shield and a fire knight shield.
Only small and medium shields work. Large shields do an attack with R2. Small and medium shields do a flicking motion. If you time the R2 tap right you deflect the enemy weapon causing them to be stunned for 2 seconds. If you R1 immediately you get to riposte for massive damage.

Crest shield should work. Silver knight shield does too. Not sure about black knight shield.

I'm an expert

OK..giant question..

So I've been giving the Chaos covenant crazy humanity for the pyromancy spell, but I've left/rejoined the covenant multiple times as I've progressed. Whenever I amassed some humanity I always went back, rejoined, and gave it to her. I've never betrayed the covenant, only joined others and rejoined multiple times. Does this effect my humanity offered counter? I could swear I've "Ranked up" twice now but I'm still at +1..I'm pretty sure I've only given about 35 humanity so I have like 5 more to go for the spell...or have I been constantly resetting my humanity counter and wasting humanity like a bitch..

Zzoram said:
Only small and medium shields work. Large shields do an attack with R2. Small and medium shields do a flicking motion. If you time the R2 tap right you deflect the enemy weapon causing them to be stunned for 2 seconds. If you R1 immediately you get to riposte for massive damage.

Crest shield should work. Silver knight shield does too. Not sure about black knight shield.
Black knight shield is a great shield so I doubt it.

Johnas

Zzoram said:

Thanks, but did you mean L2? I have a weapon in my right hand and a shield in my left, so I press L2? Is that right?

Zzoram

worldrevolution said:
OK..giant question..

So I've been giving the Chaos covenant crazy humanity for the pyromancy spell, but I've left/rejoined the covenant multiple times as I've progressed. Whenever I amassed some humanity I always went back, rejoined, and gave it to her. I've never betrayed the covenant, only joined others and rejoined multiple times. Does this effect my humanity offered counter? I could swear I've "Ranked up" twice now but I'm still at +1..I'm pretty sure I've only given about 35 humanity so I have like 5 more to go for the spell...or have I been constantly resetting my humanity counter and wasting humanity like a bitch..
Leaving a covenant causes you to lose 1 rank in it.

Stop leaving. Give her 30 humanity without leaving to get the pyromancy.

I'm an expert

worldrevolution said:
OK..giant question..

Well..just from reading the Japanese wiki..it seems that simply rejoining the covenant halves the counter regardless. So..lol..there goes' a ton of humanity down the drain. Sigh.

Zzoram said:
Leaving a covenant causes you to lose 1 rank in it.

Stop leaving. Give her 30 humanity without leaving to get the pyromancy.

Lol..yeah..I done goofed. I thought only betrayal would mess it up. But the odd thing is, I once gave her 2 humanity, left and rejoined, gave her about 6 humanity, and ranked up..I dunno man.. why can't they just give you a fuckin counter.

Anyway..I'm at rank 1 now..so..30 humanity. Fuckin krist. So many humanity gone and getting them is not easy for me.

Zzoram

Johnas said:
Thanks, but did you mean L2? I have a weapon in my right hand and a shield in my left, so I press L2? Is that right?
Ya L2 sorry that was a typo.

With your shield down, wait until the enemy initiates his attack, press L2 at the right time and you'll parry the attack. Note that two handed attacks are sometimes not possible to parry, notably the Capra two handed ones. Capra single hand swings can be parried.

Dammit, think I borked sunbro's story arc. Defeated firesage demon, took the shortcut, killed the 9 bugs, then went back to find sunbro and he's nowhere to be seen. Now every time I take the shortcut there are only 8 bugs. I'm fucked, right? Dammit.

Insaniac

I'm still always amused by how friendly the general population of Darksouls (360) has been. Besides the occasional hacker who i gratuitously slandered after our duels, everyone is willing to private chat, friend request and just in general be good natured about pvp and everything. I even accidentally called someone a cheater (got invaded by 2 at the same time, one a hacker one a lowbie, messaged the wrong one) and we ended up having a nice long conversation about how awesome dark souls was lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom