• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

we.are.the.armada said:
Guys where do I get the magic ember that allows magic weapons+10 to be made? Thanks!
Duke's Archive,
kill Seath then go back to where you first fought him, Logan was there as well for me and the chest behind him had the ember.

Raxus

we.are.the.armada said:
Guys where do I get the magic ember that allows magic weapons+10 to be made? Thanks!
Edit: Sorry I was mentioning the ember TO upgrade magic weapons. Not to unlock the upgrade.

johntown

Banned
demosthenes said:
Thanks for the link.

In Cata, where you can drop down in the hole and there are 2 crystal lizards, how the hell do you get either of them? They run from me :(
Oh yeah, I got one of them but the other one vanished on me. You have to be quick. If I can get them with a bow I will but usuallly I can run up to them and hit them before they disappear.

johntown

Banned
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
They will also leave messages in front of real ones letting you know it is fake. >_>
True it is always a good idea to hit it first but the majority of people try to leave helpful messages.

1stStrike said:
I started playing my NG+ again last night, but the FPS was hitching and it was getting to me - I'm going to set it aside and wait for a patch. Hopefully they can fix the FPS issues, and then I can enjoy the game again.

They can't or wont patch it, Demon's Souls still runs like shit all these years later as far as I'm aware.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have my winged spear at +10 and a divine scimitar +2. what direction should I take the spear? Hoping to pick up a lightning spear, so maybe fire? Then either get my vanilla falchion up to +10 for a fury sword, or revert the divine scimitar to +5 and use that. Is a divine weapon useful later in the game? Only made it to kill the skeletons in the graveyard.

FINALBOSS

Banned
mrklaw said:
I have my winged spear at +10 and a divine scimitar +2. what direction should I take the spear? Hoping to pick up a lightning spear, so maybe fire? Then either get my vanilla falchion up to +10 for a fury sword, or revert the divine scimitar to +5 and use that. Is a divine weapon useful later in the game? Only made it to kill the skeletons in the graveyard.

Divine is useful later in the game. I reverted the Occult Club to Divine +5 just for use in the Catacombs. The skeletons respawn there until you kill a certain enemy.

Finalow

finalozzo said:
. my lighting spear+5 does 70 damage aginst those undead at duke's archives, lol. is there a better weapon?

. i can't go in the prison area after i killed seath, am i doing it wrong? 'Cause i want the fire keeper soul and i want to free an npc.

. where is a good spot to be summoned? I want to obtain medals in order to enter in a covenant.
anyone?

mrklaw said:

You need divine in Cata/Tomb (especially for the Tomb boss fight).

finalozzo said:

What SL are you?

You can get back there, you just have to go from where the ladder climbed up. Just can't remember where it is.

FINALBOSS

Banned
demosthenes said:
You need divine in Cata/Tomb (especially for the Tomb boss fight).

Well, you don't NEED it.

I rocked my Lightning +5 and just killed the respawning skeletons until I got to the puppetmaster. Then if I couldn't find the puppetmaster, I'd break out the divine.

For
Nito
I just raped his face up close and never bothered with the skeles.

Finalow

demosthenes said:
What SL are you?

You can get back there, you just have to go from where the ladder climbed up. Just can't remember where it is.
what ladder? Dunno, maybe if there is a video.

finalozzo said:
what ladder? Dunno, maybe if there is a video.

You want to get back to the room after
Seath kills you right?

Well remember how you escaped, you climbed up the long ass ladder and wound up in the Archives area?

As for as who can you help, 2nd and 3rd boss in Demon Ruins, Tomb of the Giants.

FINALBOSS said:
Well, you don't NEED it.

I rocked my Lightning +5 and just killed the respawning skeletons until I got to the puppetmaster. Then if I couldn't find the puppetmaster, I'd break out the divine.

For
Nito

For the boss, there are 3 big skeletons and 3 small, don't know how you stayed alive long enough to kill him a/ w lightning+5...I had one too but I couldn't do dmg to him that fast @.@

johntown

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
Well, you don't NEED it.

For
Nito
True but it makes the fight A LOT easier if you can take out the skellys first.

1stStrike

Banned
PumpkinPie said:
They can't or wont patch it, Demon's Souls still runs like shit all these years later as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of - with so many other great games coming out I'm afraid that I simply won't end up going back to Dark Souls due to the FPS issues. I could deal with it the first time through because I was so in love with the game, but now that I know how to do everything and I'm on NG+ the FPS is just annoying the shit out of me.

I got the Platinum trophy last night, GAF. I had 179 hours of play time total... I think I`m a little slow, though. I definitely spent a lot of time idling waiting for summons and stuff.

ironcreed

Banned
johntown said:
True but it makes the fight A LOT easier if you can take out the skellys first.

I used the same method of tanking hard and fast on this fight and it was cake. I had him beat in about 30 seconds or so while wearing Havel's Armor and two handing my Quelaag Furysword+ 4. Yes, I took some damage, but had time to heal real fast. Stopping to worry about killing the skeletons prolongs the fight and leaves you vulnerable to Nito's AOE attack.

Dresden

Ostinatto said:
need help on duke's archives

found the boss , can hit him, and send me to a prision.

what i have to do now?
Hit the snake guy leaning against the cell bars to kill him, then take his key.

sleepykyo

finalozzo said:
first game? Geez, so it sucks.
does anyone know answers to my questions?

Weren't the skeletons supposed to be weak against fire and divine anyway? On that note what is occult good against, I know it scales well with Int, but given the dark symbol there should be an enemy type it is good against, right?

johntown

Banned
ironcreed said:
I used the same method of tanking hard and fast on this fight and it was cake. I had him beat in about 30 seconds or so while wearing Havel's Armor and two handing my Quelaag Furysword+ 4. Yes, I took some damage, but had time to heal real fast. Stopping to worry about killing the skeletons prolongs the fight and leaves you vulnerable to Nito's AOE attack.
Yeah......I don't wear armor and my VIT is at 14 so I cannot do that or I will take a couple hits by the skeletons and be dead.

kyubajin

Damn, after 3 hours in I've made it to the Undead Burg with a crapton of deaths... This is especially insulting when I remember how I breezed through most of Demon's Souls after getting Crescent Falchion +1 very early on. I guess going completely blind does render it very brutal! I'm loving it.

Dresden

johntown said:
Yeah......I don't wear armor and my VIT is at 14 so I cannot do that or I will take a couple hits by the skeletons and be dead.
Iron Flesh yo. My sorceror with 10 vit did it just fine.

ironcreed

Banned
johntown said:

I prefer light armor, but later found the heavy gear to be a life saver. I used the same method on Nito, Seath and The 4 Kings and they were all toast within seconds. For The Bed of Chaos, I was able to stick with my trusty Gold Hemmed set because it essentially boils down to one hit. Anyway, I guess that is the beauty of this game. Everyone has their own style.

Dresden

Ostinatto said:
i killed all the snake guys, where is that key?
If you opened the door to your own cell you got it. Search all the other chambers and then make your way to the top for the ladder.

Ostinatto

Dresden said:
If you opened the door to your own cell you got it. Search all the other chambers and then make your way to the top for the ladder.

and then what? i killed everybody in that place where is the boss?

thanks in advance :D

x3r0123

i'm pissed :(. My disc is partially cracked but i got the plat trophy

PeuE1.jpg

and this is what my character looks like

vaECW.jpg

USNTL.jpg

Wallachia

I'm taking it slow. A couple things from last nite:

+ the zombie dragon in valley of drakes awakened, and scared the fuck out of me. Cool battle though, and his death cry sounded awesome in headphones
+ upgraded my Halberd to RAW (I only had Titanite). Now what can I do after Raw?

- did not get summoned, invaded, or summon anyone even ONCE! :((

+/- Blighttown with headphones on is very immersive, but scary as all hell

x3r0123 said:
i'm pissed :(. My disc is partially cracked but i got the plat trophy

PeuE1.jpg

Congrats man! Yeah I'm trying to plat as well - can you help me out with some questions?

How many playthroughs did it take to get all rare weapons?
To get the miracles trophy do you have to get all miracles (Sunbros, Grave, etc.) in a single playthrough or does it carry over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom