• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

sotodefonk said:
I level up my int to buy spells even if I dont use them just to make the trophy, but the guy with a big hat (logan?) is no longer at the firelink shrine... Im fucked up until NG+?

I'm pretty sure the other Mage trainer takes over his inventory. You also see Logan again in
the Duke's Archives

Jonsoncao

Banned
sotodefonk said:
I level up my int to buy spells even if I dont use them just to make the trophy, but the guy with a big hat (logan?) is no longer at the firelink shrine... Im fucked up until NG+?

You would find him later in
Duke's Archives he's been imprisoned again, upon freeing him he would teach the way of fighting Seath the Scaleless.

Eventually he will be dead due to the over-obsessiveness to the truth he wants to find in the archives...you will find his armor set in the backdoor of the Drake's Valley.

test_account

XP-39C²
x3r0123 said:
you need to find lautrec with that black eye orb and kill him. He will drop the firekeeper's soul. Use that use to revive her
I only read a bit of your reply since i see from the first words that i havnt gotten that far in the game yet. No problem though, and thanks for the reply regardless :)

EDIT: Nevermind, i read the whole reply hehe :) I wouldnt be able to figure that out anyway i think, since i still havnt used a single black eye orb.

K.Sabot

Anyone else find it fascinating/disturbing that
Ash Lake is deeper than Demon Ruins? It basically exists deeper than hell.

Booshka

x3r0123 said:
hmm i one shotted the taurus with black knight greataxe
it did like 3.4k damage
same, I think it was 3370 or something. That Axe is amazing, and has quick sweeping attacks for the R1 attack.

scy

test_account said:
EDIT: Nevermind, i read the whole reply hehe :) I wouldnt be able to figure that out anyway i think, since i still havnt used a single black eye orb.

It's pretty hard to miss when to use it since the game outright points it out to you. If you still overlook it,
it's inside the Cathedral/outside the boss room of Anor Lando.

Speevy

Banned
So I'm at
Sen's Fortress
, and I'm currently trying to figure out what weapon I should use.

I gathered many of the cool ones from Blighttown, but they all seem to scale better with Dex.

My most powerful weapon is a Greataxe + 6, and I'm agile as hell, but it's still a bit slow on those narrow walkways. My Drake Sword +2 sucks for damaging these lizard guys.

My biggest stats are STR 32 and END 30, with everything else under 20.

Any ideas?

Kalnos

Banned
K.Sabot said:
Anyone else find it fascinating/disturbing that
Ash Lake is deeper than Demon Ruins? It basically exists deeper than hell.

The whole game is basically taking place in a tree as far as I can tell...
Ash Lake is outside of that tree

BeeDog

Speevy said:
So I'm at
Sen's Fortress
, and I'm currently trying to figure out what weapon I should use.

I gathered many of the cool ones from Blighttown, but they all seem to scale better with Dex.

My most powerful weapon is a Greataxe + 6, and I'm agile as hell, but it's still a bit slow on those narrow walkways. My Drake Sword +2 barely sucks for damaging these lizard guys.

My biggest stats are STR 32 and END 30, with everything else under 20.

Any ideas?

Grab the Lightning Spear from the area you are in and you're set to go for pretty much the entire game.

scy said:
Did you
loot her body for the Black Eye Orb on it? If not, that's probably why. The game outright tells you, basically, to use it when you're in Anor Lando to kill Lautrec. The Fire Keeper's Soul you get from that fight is brought back to the girl to revive her. Though, her soul isn't anything special so you can use it to get an Estus Upgrade, I think, so that's another possibility.

Ah, that's what I did. I upgraded my Estus Flask :p

Finalow

Booshka said:
same, I think it was 3370 or something. That Axe is amazing, and has quick sweeping attacks for the R1 attack.
mh maybe i have the axe but i don't have any twinkling titanite, used for my armor set sigh.
how can i farm it?

test_account

XP-39C²
scy said:
It's pretty hard to miss when to use it since the game outright points it out to you. If you still overlook it,
it's inside the Cathedral/outside the boss room of Anor Lando.
I don think that i've visited that place yet (i havnt payed that much attention to the different place names). But now i know what to look for at least, thanks =)

Guevara

Kalnos said:
373px-The_Ash_Yggdrasil_by_Friedrich_Wilhelm_Heine.jpg

I've been thinking about this too, The world is set up kind of like the Yggdrasil, or world tree from Norse Mythology. The nine worlds and even heaven are interconnected and supported by Odin's tree, which you get a sense of sometimes.

K.Sabot

Kalnos said:
Mind blown, doesn't help that the music is the most bone chillingly depressing/creepy in the game.

Kalnos

Banned
Guevara said:
I've been thinking about this too, The world is set up kind of like the Yggdrasil, or world tree from Norse Mythology. The nine worlds and even heaven are interconnected and supported by Odin's tree, which you get a sense of sometimes.

and based on the opening cinematic it
follows that a dragon would be out there.

leehom

Anyone around level 26 that want to group up? Story wise, I killed the Moonlight Butterfly and still need to explore the door with the 20k seal, deeper in the grassroot? basin? and just stumbled onto Drakes Den.

Finalow

x3r0123 said:
shells outside of seth
geez, i already killed him and i don't know how to reach that place again.

btw what's the level for playing in co-op at ng+?
I mean, if i go up to 140-150 can i still find someone for the ng+?

Kyoufu

finalozzo said:
geez, i already killed him and i don't know how to reach that place again.

btw what's the level for playing in co-op at ng+?
I mean, if i go up to 140-150 can i still find someone for the ng+?

The shells at Ash Lake are better to farm. I got a bunch last night from casual farming.

Wallachia

Kyoufu said:
Dark Hand, the weapon/shield you get from the Darkwraith covenant. Has a unique blocking animation when you use it as a shield (looks really cool) and if you use it as a weapon, the R2 special attack will suck humanity from a player or NPC.

No way. That sounds fricking awesome looking, and the concept is cool.. being a wraith and all, it makes sense that you would absorb humanity.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kyoufu said:
Yeah, but it blocks more magic/elemental damage than physical, so I don't know how useful it is compared to most shields. Still pretty cool though.
I might have to get that, blocking magic is very helpful for me. I LOVE how my character plays with my current armor/ring setup, and I'm getting used to the idea of dispensing with a shield altogether soon unless absolutely necessary. The parrying dagger + lightning knife will probably be my main (since I can't get claws :(), but I'm interested in other unusual left hand weapons. Using the shotel sometimes now mostly because I love its parry animation...
uxnjW.png

1stStrike

Banned
Baha said:
My guide arrived today, the thing is like a textbook but one that I will read every night before I go to sleep :)

Mine is slated to be here in a few days. It was previously out of stock, but it looks like amazon got a new shipment in early. Can't wait - even though I've beaten the game, I'm sure I missed stuff and it'll be fun just to read.

Wallachia

Blighttown
It's hard to convey the feeling of 'Elation' and relief after running up the path from Blighttown exit to Valley of Drakes. To be out in the air again, albeit another scary area. Blighttown is sooooo Silent Hill style creepy/disturbing. I love that.

KAOz

Short bus special
x3r0123 said:
i have it and some of the information are inaccurate. For example, the list of rare weapons are not complete

Is it?

Is there a good, reliable list online? I know there is one at the Dark Souls Wiki, but, don't know if it's reliable.

Guevara said:

....you just blew my mind

x3r0123

KAOz said:
Is it?

Is there a good, reliable list online? I know there is one at the Dark Souls Wiki, but, don't know if it's reliable.

just use both. I use the wiki for the trophies and specific items. I only used the guide for look up for drop rates and misc info.
Information on enemies' attack are fairly good for most parts

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dresden said:
The black knight weapons never drop for any character that can actually use the damn thing. :(

I still have the Halberg and the shield. I'm so close to being able to use the Halberg

KAOz

Short bus special
x3r0123 said:
just use both. I use the wiki for the trophies and specific items. I only used the guide for look up for drop rates and misc info.
Information on enemies' attack are fairly good for most parts

Okey. Because yeah, I would be pissed if I've been farming for certain weapons and stuff, only to find out that something else not mentioned, also counts towards Knight's Honour.
It's like, some weapons you think SHOULD count
Titanite Demon's hugeass weapon
, but it isn't included on any list I've seen.

Well, only got three more reinforcements, all miracles, and all weapons left. Oh, and the other ending.

TylerD

Baha said:
My guide arrived today, the thing is like a textbook but one that I will read every night before I go to sleep :)

I browsed through one that my coworker picked up and I promptly placed my order. 14.99 and around 19 with tax and shipping is a steal for such a nice guide.

x3r0123

KAOz said:
Okey. Because yeah, I would be pissed if I've been farming for certain weapons and stuff, only to find out that something else not mentioned, also counts towards Knight's Honour.
It's like, some weapons you think SHOULD count
Titanite Demon's hugeass weapon
, but it isn't included on any list I've seen.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Knight's+Honor+Achievement+Guide

Well, only got three more reinforcements,
easy
all miracles,
easy

and all weapons left.
easy as well
Oh, and the other ending.
yep easy,
just walk out or lit the bonfire

mattp

alright so im like 28 hours in, just got to anor londo and i have yet to see a single gecko
do they look different than they did in demon's souls? am i that oblivious? haha

mrklaw said:
don't know if its been posted, but really handy stat calculator here - http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/

I was looking for what damage a fire/magic/lightning spear would do. Was surprised at how much more powerful almost all elemental weapons are over a normal +15 (at least at a lowish DEX level)

This is awesome and shows just how bad stat scaling is currently. There is no way for an uchi+15 to get anywhere near a lightning uchi. I'm looking forward to seeing what the patch does for this.

x3r0123

mattp said:
alright so im like 28 hours in, just got to anor londo and i have yet to see a single gecko
do they look different than they did in demon's souls? am i that oblivious? haha

they are bigger so it is easier to spot them

darkwing

mattp said:

they look the same, there is one hiding in the barrels in that spiral staircase to the Taurus demon in Undead Burg

Guevara said:
373px-The_Ash_Yggdrasil_by_Friedrich_Wilhelm_Heine.jpg

I...

Wow, this actually makes so much sense.

redhot_

demosthenes said:
So anyone actually use the boss soul weapons yet and have some input?

Crystal Ring shield.. all the others are meh

Edit: Great Sword of Artorias to.. its got 666 dmg for me. highest for any weapon that i got.

jersoc

so I need some advice.
I was fighting the mimic for the lightening weapon in sen's and the damn mimic fell down the hole.
So uh, what weapon should I go for now? :|

minor spoiler about sen fort just in case.

Kyoufu

jersoc said:
so I need some advice.
I was fighting the mimic for the lightening weapon in sen's and the damn mimic fell down the hole.
So uh, what weapon should I go for now? :|

minor spoiler about sen fort just in case.

Try quit game then load game. The loot should technically appear near where it fell or spawned.

Oh and I saw that the Crystal Butterfly drops Blue Titanite Slab, strategy against them? I always skipped them in the Crystal Cave.

OOOOH. That's the sword that someone was using when they helped me on Seath, I always wondered, thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom